BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Tracking the global pandemic

03-31-2020, 05:47 PM   #177
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
They say it's slowing down over here but slowly as people wake up and take more precautions. A woman here aged 55 went to a funeral..and she caught it and died.
A corpse remains contagious even after 3-5 days
Here in Belgium the coffin is completely disinfected .The family must keep a distance from 3 meters .
Most funerals are cremations . Which is safer, given the virus situation .
May the RIP !
I'm still thinking about the Belgian little girl from today . She was only 12
It makes me very sad ...Damn !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      03-31-2020, 05:49 PM   #178
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

FIM 500 CC 2 Stroke GP Bikes -

Quote:
The Laguna Seca track is more known to me and talking about bikes I love reading up on and watching vids of those 500cc 2 stroke bike battles.What sticks most in me tho is the mid 70's battles and Barry Sheene's high speed accident at Daytona which allowed Agostini to take the title that year.
Contrary to popular belief that a puncture caused Sheene's accident it was actually the rear tyre expanding and was locked by the swing arm.He recovered and became champ in 76-77 then 'King' Kenny Roberts got it in '78.
Sheens's career ended after another serious bike crash in '82 which broke up his legs again.I've read his biography.
Love it that you know of Laguna Seca; standing at the Corkscrew and watching the bikes (and Indy cars) flick it left/right while accelerating down that little twisty very steep hill is just amazing; as you know, the heir apparent to King Kenny Roberts was his protege....Wayne Rainey; I saw Wayne a few times on the FIM 500 CC 2 stroke GP machine....unbelievable; a moment I will NEVER forget....we were at the 1993 USGP at Laguna Seca....we just got off the transit bus from downtown Monterey and were standing in line to enter....we overheard the guys in front of us talking about "the accident"....as we listened, we learned that at the GP just prior (Italian) that Rainey crashed and was paralyzed from the neck down....we were in shock....the story gets more strange.... Wayne Rainey's private residence was literally on a hilltop that overlooks Laguna Seca Raceway....so we were standing there in shock, now knowing that our US hopeful to win the GP was paralyzed....and we were looking up at his home on the hill....surreal; since you know Laguna Seca, I believe it was the 93 GP when we were sitting near turn 10 (see link below) which is a very fast downhill section after exiting the Corkscrew (turns 8/8a)....it was late in the GP and unsure what caused the shunt, but we saw Mick Doohan on the Rothmans Honda get off at a high rate of speed....it was ugly....he severely broke his leg/ankle; it is not possible to describe the sound of these 2 stroke GP death machines....it was incredible.

http://www.weathertechraceway.com/si...ilitiesmap.pdf
      04-01-2020, 12:52 AM   #179
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Here in Belgium the coffin is completely disinfected .The family must keep a distance from 3 meters .
May the RIP !
It's more tragic when a very young person dies of this. A 13 year old boy died in the hospital where my son was born in South London,his family were not allowed even to see him before he passed away.. so heavily infected and was big risk
There are reports of family suicide pacts now, one family in Sussex wiped out with their dog, the authorities don't say HOW and cause of death though.
*just reported in that the maniac 'dad' executed everyone with firearm including dog then killed himself.His mother in the house escaped unharmed, neighbour who had moved out previously said he was a nutter.

Last edited by M5Rick; 04-01-2020 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2020, 01:18 AM   #180
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Love it that you know of Laguna Seca; standing at the Corkscrew and watching the bikes (and Indy cars) flick it left/right while accelerating down that little twisty very steep hill is just amazing; as you know, the heir apparent to King Kenny Roberts was his protege....Wayne Rainey; I saw Wayne a few times on the FIM 500 CC 2 stroke GP machine....unbelievable; a moment I will NEVER forget....we were at the 1993 USGP at Laguna Seca....we just got off the transit bus from downtown Monterey and were standing in line to enter....we overheard the guys in front of us talking about "the accident"....as we listened, we learned that at the GP just prior (Italian) that Rainey crashed and was paralyzed from the neck down....we were in shock....the story gets more strange.... Wayne Rainey's private residence was literally on a hilltop that overlooks Laguna Seca Raceway....so we were standing there in shock, now knowing that our US hopeful to win the GP was paralyzed....and we were looking up at his home on the hill....surreal; since you know Laguna Seca, I believe it was the 93 GP when we were sitting near turn 10 (see link below) which is a very fast downhill section after exiting the Corkscrew (turns 8/8a)....it was late in the GP and unsure what caused the shunt, but we saw Mick Doohan on the Rothmans Honda get off at a high rate of speed....it was ugly....he severely broke his leg/ankle; it is not possible to describe the sound of these 2 stroke GP death machines....it was incredible.

http://www.weathertechraceway.com/si...ilitiesmap.pdf
You are right my friend, these two stroke four cylinder 500cc machines even sounded like death with the crazy sound they made like a ka ka ka ka speeded up a hundred times.Laguna Seca has the Rainey Curve named after him after his horrendous accident at Misano which paralysed him and put him in a wheelchair. Another rider I've read about was the bespectacled Steve Baker on his 32 Yamaha,always smiling and like all that had heavy crashes he retired from bike racing after breaking arm and leg in a big crash at Mosport.
Nowadays those bikes have advanced tyres and can be leaned almost perpendicular to the track!
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #181
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

UK: 381
Belgium:192
US: 912

The 24 hr death tolls are horrible; we will continue to hold on.
      04-01-2020, 09:01 AM   #182
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Tragic -

Quote:
May the RIP !
This is so very hard; global pandemic in our lifetime.
      04-01-2020, 05:47 PM   #183
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
It's more tragic when a very young person dies of this. A 13 year old boy died in the hospital where my son was born in South London,his family were not allowed even to see him before he passed away.. so heavily infected and was big risk
There are reports of family suicide pacts now, one family in Sussex wiped out with their dog, the authorities don't say HOW and cause of death though.
*just reported in that the maniac 'dad' executed everyone with firearm including dog then killed himself.His mother in the house escaped unharmed, neighbour who had moved out previously said he was a nutter.
Quote:
This is so very hard; global pandemic in our lifetime.
I see only 2 benefits about the virus :
1 - Fuel prices are 40% cheaper
2 - Empty roads
All the rest is dead and disastrous !

Just back home from work (00:30) drove 30 km and I crossed 2 cars on the road . Unreal !
My friends stay safe and healthy...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      04-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #184
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

Quote:
2 - Empty roads

Just back home from work (00:30) drove 30 km and I crossed 2 cars on the road . Unreal !
So great you're home safe this eve - such times we are navigating; stay safe.
      04-01-2020, 07:00 PM   #185
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
So great you're home safe this eve - such times we are navigating; stay safe.
Thank you ! God bless you my friend . Stay healthy

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      04-02-2020, 01:20 AM   #186
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
2 - Empty roads

Our fuel prices are down but not by that much being England; took some provisions to my mother,whom I consider vulnerable, and sis as I don't want them going out and stayed at distance from front door not entering wearing latex gloves..Have my mask at the ready dangling from r/view mirror if needed!
Cold weather continues here but mini heatwave on the way shortly
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2020, 01:28 AM   #187
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
UK: 381
Belgium:192
US: 912

The 24 hr death tolls are horrible; we will continue to hold on.
It may get worse then peak, then stabilise with casualties coming down when vaccines are finally distributed and life will return to normal.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #188
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It may get worse then peak, then stabilise with casualties coming down when vaccines are finally distributed and life will return to normal.
My UK and Belgium friends - such staggering numbers:

UK: 563
Belgium: 123
US: 1,049
      04-02-2020, 09:14 AM   #189
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Just seen it, rose to 569 here as I write.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2020, 09:22 AM   #190
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

My M5 and MBelgium friends -

Quote:
Our fuel prices are down but not by that much being England; took some provisions to my mother,whom I consider vulnerable, and sis as I don't want them going out and stayed at distance from front door not entering wearing latex gloves..Have my mask at the ready dangling from r/view mirror if needed!
Cold weather continues here but mini heatwave on the way shortly
Well done M5; taking every precaution while helping your family - well done.

Well done MBelgium; keep safe and be well - continue every safeguard at work.

We are doing something similar today - we are driving 50 miles to Seattle and dropping off lunch at our youngest daughter's work and at our oldest daughter's home - we will regrettably not be able to touch and hug our beloved, but will remain 10 ft distance....except at our oldest daughter's home where we will leave the lunch on her door step and then go to the window and be able to look in here eyes and our two grand-son's eyes (ages 3.5 and 1.5 yrs)....we will put our phones on speaker so we can hear each other - it will be the first time we have seen them in a very long while except for FaceTime on our phones.
      04-02-2020, 03:54 PM   #191
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Well done M5; taking every precaution while helping your family - well done.

Well done MBelgium; keep safe and be well - continue every safeguard at work.

We are doing something similar today - we are driving 50 miles to Seattle and dropping off lunch at our youngest daughter's work and at our oldest daughter's home - we will regrettably not be able to touch and hug our beloved, but will remain 10 ft distance....except at our oldest daughter's home where we will leave the lunch on her door step and then go to the window and be able to look in here eyes and our two grand-son's eyes (ages 3.5 and 1.5 yrs)....we will put our phones on speaker so we can hear each other - it will be the first time we have seen them in a very long while except for FaceTime on our phones.
Great that your looking after your daughters with their lunch going 50 miles to them. I have 10 miles to travel to my kindred.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #192
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Our Seattle trip....

Quote:
Great that your looking after your daughters with their lunch going 50 miles to them. I have 10 miles to travel to my kindred.
It was SO great to look in our daughter's eyes....from 10 ft and/or from a window.

Took a moment and drove through the world famous Pike Place Public Market....no one there and downtown Seattle looked like a ghost town - it was surreal.
      04-02-2020, 06:41 PM   #193
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

France + 1355 !
Spain + 961
Italy + 760

Total new deaths from today = 5785
I'm lost in words . May they "RIP"

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      04-02-2020, 06:45 PM   #194
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

Quote:
France + 1355 !
Spain + 961
Italy + 760

The loss of life is simply staggering; you stated you left your work or returned home at 00:30?? You know, the air is sleeping at 00:30 (just kidding); hopeful your work is doing fine and has stabilized!
      04-02-2020, 06:55 PM   #195
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The loss of life is simply staggering; you stated you left your work or returned home at 00:30?? You know, the air is sleeping at 00:30 (just kidding); hopeful your work is doing fine and has stabilized!
Yes my friend . Today it was about the same ,around midnight . It's a 24/7 company . This means I work in shifts . This week I work in PM/Shift .
That's why I'm so late . Sometimes I'm even later . Depends of the issues and the priorities .
But actually I'm never done .

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      04-03-2020, 01:47 AM   #196
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
France + 1355 !
Spain + 961
Italy + 760

My friend, it's like casualties from a 'war'.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2020, 01:57 AM   #197
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
It was SO great to look in our daughter's eyes....from 10 ft and/or from a window.

Took a moment and drove through the world famous Pike Place Public Market....no one there and downtown Seattle looked like a ghost town - it was surreal.
I'm glad you got to see your daughters eye to eye.
Hope you had no hassle from cops stopping and asking why you are out; in some places here they are doing that...and in some instances being a nuisance not keeping the 2 metre distance asking silly questions.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2020, 08:41 AM   #198
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

MBelgium -

Quote:
Yes my friend . Today it was about the same ,around midnight . It's a 24/7 company . This means I work in shifts . This week I work in PM/Shift .
That's why I'm so late . Sometimes I'm even later . Depends of the issues and the priorities .
But actually I'm never done .
Wowie - stay safe and healthy! Must be surreal driving home at midnight with nearly zero traffic!