BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2019: Russian GP - Sochi (Sep 29)

09-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #111
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
The supposed swap was a ridiculous joke, way to go Ferrari leaving Vettel out there too long and f'ing up his race (before the mechanical failure of course). Vettel should gtfo of there after this season, retire and go do something else.

"Bring back the xxxxing V12s" - Seb
Wild horses couldn't drag Seb out of Maranello and the Italians want him to stay badly.
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #112
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

2018 Australian GP Vettel passes for the win under VSC: Nothing

2019 Russian GP Hamilton passes for the win under VSC: We must close the pits during VSC.
Appreciate 3
yco5722.50
wdb4673.00
      09-30-2019, 11:40 AM   #113
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
"the rookie Leclerc" you guys are blaming was leading in points and has 19 more points than Vettel right now.. Leclerc has more than everyone, 5 pole positions this season to Vettel's 1.. and more podium finishes..
Actually, Leclerc now has 6 poles

Bahrain, Austria, Belgium, Italy, Singapore and Russia
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2019, 11:47 AM   #114
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
2018 Australian GP Vettel passes for the win under VSC: Nothing

2019 Russian GP Hamilton passes for the win under VSC: We must close the pits during VSC.
I think you are reading too much into the comment. I was watching the Sky F1 broadcast and they mentioned it there. If anything, the Sky F1 team are accused of favoring British driver's. Red Bull gained the same advantage in China last year and nothing was said no one complained either.

Honestly, it's a valid point no matter who you support. The idea of the VSC was to neutralize the race. Allowing anyone to pit and gain the advantage isnt really fair.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 12:04 PM   #115
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

VSC or safety is car for lowering the race pace to a safe level.. this neutralizing term is not right cause neutralizing a race means all the cars should stay where they re.. it doesnt make sense in anyway.. there were times that pit lane was closing under safety car.. easiest way to make races more interesting is to pushing the cars into pits more likely.. Vettel was going for a win by ignoring the order and ironically he was the one handed over the win to Hamilton by the place he parked his car.. and by this Leclerc lost a potential win also.. Vettel fans might not be happy to hear it but he hurt Ferrari itself again.. and again.. and again..
      09-30-2019, 06:19 PM   #116
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
VSC or safety is car for lowering the race pace to a safe level.. this neutralizing term is not right cause neutralizing a race means all the cars should stay where they re.. it doesnt make sense in anyway.. there were times that pit lane was closing under safety car.. easiest way to make races more interesting is to pushing the cars into pits more likely.. Vettel was going for a win by ignoring the order and ironically he was the one handed over the win to Hamilton by the place he parked his car.. and by this Leclerc lost a potential win also.. Vettel fans might not be happy to hear it but he hurt Ferrari itself again.. and again.. and again..
You got that wrong! Big Ferrari fan here and I'm happy he parked his car as soon as he could and prevented further damage to the PU and he was able to do it at a marshal post and nobody (most importantly seb) was hurt with a live car on track. Anything else is just noise!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 06:23 PM   #117
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

The frustration looks real..

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-30-2019, 06:28 PM   #118
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

There was another jump on his way to paddock club. Looks sad
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2019, 06:30 PM   #119
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

He looked at the sign behind him and thinking I'm having a beer now, hence the jump
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2019, 06:30 PM   #120
msk340i
Major
Rep

This is the real frustration jump!
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2019, 06:39 PM   #121
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post

This is the real frustration jump!
No worries,he usually gets over it 'electric' quick.
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2019, 06:42 PM   #122
msk340i
Major
Rep

I think Japan will be his. Lecry will be too frustrated to perform.
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2019, 06:42 PM   #123
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
There was another jump on his way to paddock club. Looks sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
He looked at the sign behind him and thinking I'm having a beer now, hence the jump
SEB said to the marshals , watch out with my car ! There is electricity on my car .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 08:07 PM   #124
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
I was speaking to someone who discussed the race with a driver on a different Ferrari supported team and they said that the Ferrari engines were the strongest from the start of the season but kept failing in preseason tests so they were tuned down while they tried to isolate the problem. They think they solved this by the F1 break, but Seb's engine failure indicates that there may be still be an issue. One question is whether Seb disregarded any engine precautions in his bid to increase his lead. On the other hand, the bigger problem is that Ferrari now has 2 drivers that think they are primary as opposed to Mercedes or even Red Bull that have designated 2nd bananas. This happens often in F1, but they're not going to beat Mercedes if it's every man for himself at Ferrari.
      10-01-2019, 05:09 AM   #125
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      10-01-2019, 05:11 AM   #126
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

"Happy Birthday" MAX !!!

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      10-01-2019, 05:54 AM   #127
msk340i
Major
Rep

People saying that the MGU-K failure was unlucky for Lecry forget that Seb was faster during the first stint. If his car didn't fail I imagine him catching Lecry and either fight it out (and display to the whole world what a dick he is) or get team orders (and show that he was whining for no reason which shows that he is a dick). So I think Lecry is lucky that Seb's car failed and now he has someone or something to blame.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 08:27 AM   #128
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
People saying that the MGU-K failure was unlucky for Lecry forget that Seb was faster during the first stint. If his car didn't fail I imagine him catching Lecry and either fight it out (and display to the whole world what a dick he is) or get team orders (and show that he was whining for no reason which shows that he is a dick). So I think Lecry is lucky that Seb's car failed and now he has someone or something to blame.
The only reason Seb was faster was because he got a better start, had the tow and his teammate didn't defend (planned). Then in clean air he was able to pull away, that doesn't mean he was faster imho as quali proved that. He could have even turned the engine mode up, defying team orders and maybe even caused his own failure. Regardless karma is a bitch and Vet is fighting for his #1 status but is making himself look bad with the drama.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 09:27 AM   #129
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
The only reason Seb was faster was because he got a better start, had the tow and his teammate didn't defend (planned). Then in clean air he was able to pull away, that doesn't mean he was faster imho as quali proved that. He could have even turned the engine mode up, defying team orders and maybe even caused his own failure. Regardless karma is a bitch and Vet is fighting for his #1 status but is making himself look bad with the drama.
Ok let's dissect that:
- the "only" reason is enough reason. And Hamilton closing in on Lecry on slower tires and dirty air is enough evidence that Lecry wasn't fast.
- your honest opinion is valuable but it's still an opinion; meaning: Saturday sets the starting grid and Sunday sets the point. Pole is not fastest during the race.
- Ferrari confirmed (source is f1planet) that Vettel didn't have access to higher engine modes.
- The Vettel who defys team orders it's the Vettel who won 4 championships.
- almost every F1 pundit agrees that Vettel either did the right thing or was unable to let Lecry past, so I don't see how he looks bad.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 10:57 AM   #130
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Ok let's dissect that:
- the "only" reason is enough reason.
Not sure what you mean. LEC could have defended, blocking his team mate and gave Ham the tow. Instead he stayed left, went wide allowed VET to pass on the inside without blocking.

Eitherway there are a million possibilities so who knows how each one would have played out.

I'd prefer to see Vet win a race where he deserved it. He has 5 more chances to prove it, lets see if he gets any more wins.

Quote:
Ok let's dissect that:
- your honest opinion is valuable but it's still an opinion; meaning: Saturday sets the starting grid and Sunday sets the point. Pole is not fastest during the race.
Yes my opinion is that quali shows who is a fast driver even though no points are awarded.

Yes race pace is different but it involves more variables.

Seb has Qualified in front of both Mercs with a better car only 3 times this year (Bahrain, Canada, Belgium). Only 1 pole this season.

Lec has Qualified in front of Vet 9 times this year.
Lec has more wins than Vet so far and more points.

Not sure how you can argue Vet is a faster driver even in Race pace this year.

Vet has been a failure, hasn't gotten the most out of the car, last year was a screw up, this year Lec is there to show how he has been messing up and dropping the ball with a fast car. If Lec wasn't in a Ferrari this year, Vet would have said the Mercs are a better car and make excuses like he did last year but now he can't. So lets see if he has any fight left in him this year.

Last edited by tdott; 10-01-2019 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      10-01-2019, 12:24 PM   #131
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Not sure what you mean. LEC could have defended, blocking his team mate and gave Ham the tow. Instead he stayed left, went wide allowed VET to pass on the inside without blocking.

Eitherway there are a million possibilities so who knows how each one would have played out.

I'd prefer to see Vet win a race where he deserved it. He has 5 more chances to prove it, lets see if he gets any more wins.

Yes my opinion is that quali shows who is a fast driver even though no points are awarded.

Yes race pace is different but it involves more variables.

Seb has Qualified in front of both Mercs with a better car only 3 times this year (Bahrain, Canada, Belgium). Only 1 pole this season.

Lec has Qualified in front of Vet 9 times this year.
Lec has more wins than Vet so far and more points.

Not sure how you can argue Vet is a faster driver even in Race pace this year.

Vet has been a failure, hasn't gotten the most out of the car, last year was a screw up, this year Lec is there to show how he has been messing up and dropping the ball with a fast car. If Lec wasn't in a Ferrari this year, Vet would have said the Mercs are a better car and make excuses like he did last year but now he can't. So lets see if he has any fight left in him this year.

You said it, he could've given HAM the tow, he would've lost to either one of them anyway.

Second, I didn't say anything about the whole year I'm only talking about the Russian GP. But if you want to come the whole year then consider this, out of all the races finished by both cars Vettel finished higher than Leclerc in 7 races while Leclerc finished higher than Vettel in 6 races.
But hey, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #132
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Ferrari should throw MAX in their red car . *He* would show us what a real Jet-Mode is !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50