BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Biden Family Corruption and Crony Capitalism

View Poll Results: Is the Biden Family corrupt and selling/benefiting from government influence?
Corrupt without question and benefitting from government influence. 34 91.89%
No...It's just Lunch Bucket Joe and a total coincidence. 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

10-15-2019, 09:07 AM   #45
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Hey guys don’t worry, if Biden is elected then Hunter will go get a real job - PINKY SWEAR!

You couldn’t make this shit up.
The fact that you guys give the Trump family a pass on this exact sort of thing just blows me away.
Appreciate 4
      10-15-2019, 09:14 AM   #46
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Hunter, Dishonorably discharged from the Navy due to Cocaine Addiction, 2 months later appointed to the Board of a Ukrainian Company with no experience in the oil business or the Ukraine and not a single marketable skil expect yo sell his dads influence.
Except several years on the Board of AMTRAK, right? You don't think previous Board of Directors position count as "experience" applicable to other Board seats?

Appreciate 1
      10-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #47
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Except several years on the Board of AMTRAK, right? You don't think previous Board of Directors position count as "experience" applicable to other Board seats?

Being on a board doesn't necessarily give you experience, I am on two boards right now and haven't been able to attend a board meeting in over a year.

Biden has also been a huge amtrack supporter, he has given them a ton of money over the years. Bidens support for amtrack came before his son was on the board.
Appreciate 2
F32Fleet1470.00

10-15-2019, 09:24 AM   #48
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
Being on a board doesn't necessarily give you experience, I am on two boards right now and haven't been able to attend a board meeting in over a year.
OK. Show me evidence that Hunter wasn't an active participant on AMTRAK's board and I'll agree that he has no relevant qualifications or experience for the position he had at Burisma - not that his hiring alone means Joe did anything untoward to aid Burisma in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
Biden has also been a huge amtrack supporter, he has given them a ton of money over the years. Bidens support for amtrack came before his son was on the board.
GWB put Hunter on the AMTRAK board. Was he trying to "buy" political influence by doing so?
Appreciate 2
dsad1714.50

10-15-2019, 09:31 AM   #49
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
OK. Show me evidence that Hunter wasn't an active participant on AMTRAK's board and I'll agree that he has no relevant qualifications or experience for the position he had at Burisma - not that his hiring alone means Joe did anything untoward to aid Burisma in any way.

GWB put Hunter on the AMTRAK board. Was he trying to "buy" political influence by doing so?
I have no clue what his involvement on the board was, just stating that being on a board doesn't automatically qualify you to be on another.

I am on my kids school board right now, they most likely choose me because of past board experience. But I happily admit to them that I am not qualified for this and have no clue how I am helping. They need bodies, so they leave me on anyways.

On the GWB thing, possibly, I think "corruption" does cross the aisle sometimes. Again, I am just speaking out of my ass though, I have no real clue.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #50
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
The fact that you guys give the Trump family a pass on this exact sort of thing just blows me away.
If youíre referring to Kushner And Ivanka I havenít, I canít stand either of them.

Reject modernity. Embrace tradition.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 09:59 AM   #51
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

In a global economy this stuff is inevitable and not inherently wrong.

Think of the alternative which would be that anyone running for President or working in Govt can't have a family member who works for a multinational is on a board of a multinational, or invests in a multinational. It's ludicrous.

Think George Bush and his father's involvement in the Carlyle Group.

Romney and any company his hedge fund invested in.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #52
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Innocent until proven guilty. Isn't that what the trump cultists say when presented with his wrongdoings.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #53
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Innocent until proven guilty. Isn't that what the trump cultists say when presented with his wrongdoings.
Does Hunter get to face his accuser........Trump.
      10-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #54
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
It's what American's who understand The Constitution of our great republic say. Let's investigate this with the same vim and vigor that we investigate Mr. Trump.

Let the rule of law apply to all. Currently, it doesn't. Wouldn't you agree? Justitia agrees.

How are you today?
Attached Images

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #55
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Does Hunter get to face his accuser........Trump.
Indeed. All should. Does Mr. Trump get to face his accusers? WB1 (sic) and WB2?

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
unluky309.00

10-15-2019, 10:14 AM   #56
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Indeed. All should. Does Mr. Trump get to face his accusers? WB1 (sic) and WB2?
If it ever makes it to a courtroom, sure.

That right doesn't apply to Congressional investigations that have no legal standing. Correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 10:16 AM   #57
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
It's what American's who understand The Constitution of our great republic say. Let's investigate this with the same vim and vigor that we investigate Mr. Trump.

Let the rule of law apply to all. Currently, it doesn't. Wouldn't you agree? Justitia agrees.

How are you today?
Ummmmm

Hunter Biden is a private citizen, and Trump is the president.

Nothing has been substantiated on Hunter Biden. Nada. Zilch. To open an investigation, you need cause. What is the "cause" for investigating Hunter?
Besides Rudy, Donald, Lev, and Igor saying he's crooked.

Clearly, the charges against Trump have been substantiated by the phone call trsnscript with Ze, and many texts between ambassadors he appointed. Thinking anything else is willful ignorance.

10-15-2019, 11:00 AM   #58
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Hey guys donít worry, if Biden is elected then Hunter will go get a real job - PINKY SWEAR!

You couldnít make this shit up.
Appreciate 1
DonaldPump6083.00

10-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #59
schoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:

How are you today?
Trump is the de facto head of the DOJ (via the Attorney General). Now knowing that, ask yourself why there isnít an official investigation going on. The answerís pretty obvious ...
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #60
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Thanks.

Some entities with strong investigative capabilities have latched on to it.

I'm trying to put any bias aside on this - I still am less bothered by those deals than why in the world would a Ukrainian energy company hire someone with no oil and gas experience. At least the Trump family deals are under watchful & hostile scrutiny. My only conclusion is the Biden dealings smell under the floor. Maybe the Trump deals are right there in the garbage can for all to smell.
      10-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #61
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Thanks.

I'm trying to put any bias aside on this - I still am less bothered by those deals than why in the world would a Ukrainian energy company hire someone with no oil and gas experience. At least the Trump family deals are under watchful & hostile scrutiny. My only conclusion is the Biden dealings smell under the floor. Maybe the Trump deals are right there in the garbage can for all to smell.
I have zero doubt that Hunter got hired in the majority due to his last name.

What that does not, in any way, demonstrate is that his daddy did anything for Burisma because of it.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer15530.50

10-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #62
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Thanks.

10-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #63
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
I have zero doubt that Hunter got hired in the majority due to his last name.

What that does not, in any way, demonstrate is that his daddy did anything for Burisma because of it.
And The chinese and Burisma got nuffin in return for the millions they spent on the Bidens! Lol

Can you tell me again why Joe got the prosecutor investigating his son and the company he worked for fired?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #64
other_evolved
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
And The chinese and Burisma got nuffin in return for the millions they spent on the Bidens! Lol

Can you tell me again why Joe got the prosecutor investigating his son and the company he worked for fired?
It's been posted and mentioned in this forum probably 50+ times in the past month and yet you and others like you create your own fictional narrative because it makes you feel better
Appreciate 2
      10-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #65
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
It's been posted and mentioned in this forum probably 50+ times in the past month and yet you and others like you create your own fictional narrative because it makes you feel better
He thinks that if you say it 5000 times, it must be true. I wonder if he is clicking some ruby slippers together as he says/types it.
      10-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #66
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
He took hunter over to China and Ukraine several times on Air Force 2. Did he meet with Burishma and his china contacts on these flight? I don't know and neither do you.

I hope Warren asks about it tonite.
Appreciate 0