BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Pet Peeves

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-14-2019, 08:18 AM   #199
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6335
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

People in professional positions that can't act professional. At least try to fake it, c'mon. You would imagine that the highest ranking person in a facility, could at least say good morning in a way that doesn't make you want to punch them in the face.
Appreciate 4
vreihen16789.00
Rmtt1937.00

      10-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #200
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
United_States
5590
Rep
11,168
Posts

Drives: G01 Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N.Y.

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M40i017 View Post
My pet peeve: Piano gloss black trim.....enough said. lol

Looks great for the first second, once you look away it tends to attract anything and everything- (hard to keep clean and looking new)

If anyone has any tips or tricks, please enlighten me!

Cheers
i agree
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 11:58 AM   #201
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6335
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Newest pet peeve.....MyAnalytics from Microsoft. Freshly installed by the IT admins this morning. My entire usage of my work PC is now being tracked and reported. My shit posting on here, during business hours, are over.
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2019, 12:03 PM   #202
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8170
Rep
7,555
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Newest pet peeve.....MyAnalytics from Microsoft. Freshly installed by the IT admins this morning. My entire usage of my work PC is now being tracked and reported. My shit posting on here, during business hours, are over.
Don't you have a company phone that you can install the app???
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #203
unluky
Captain
unluky's Avatar
309
Rep
851
Posts

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sedalia, MO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Cashiers that can't talk AND work at the same time and never seem to care if there is 1 or 10 people in line - they chat everyone up and stop working to do it.
__________________


2015 X5 XDrive 35i - 2004 Z4 3.0 Sport
Appreciate 1
vreihen16789.00

      10-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #204
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6335
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Don't you have a company phone that you can install the app???
The app is on my personal phone. Couple of problems there. One, our building is like a faraday cage. Although I do have access to our wireless network, this now means that much of my data is blocked by our network. Two, this means that I would have my phone in my hand. If I'm on the desktop, it "looks" like I am working at my computer versus playing with my phone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not negating work to be on here. I'm on here trying to look busy when I have nothing else to do. There are times when I go days without a project or any paperwork to cross my desk. How the hell am I supposed to look productive now? Their productivity software is wrecking my "productivity."

Yet, I continue to post here. I see a reprimand coming quick and fast.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #205
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6335
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Cashiers that can't talk AND work at the same time and never seem to care if there is 1 or 10 people in line - they chat everyone up and stop working to do it.
I'll touch on this as well. The gas station that is close to the gym is a nightmare to stop at. The cashiers want to have a conversation with every single customer. If not the customers, then other cashiers behind the counter. I get all hopped up on preworkout, then stop there. I have actually fussed at them and told them to "pay attention" to me and not each other. I did literally tell one of them, "Pay attention to me. I'm the paying customer. She'll be there the rest of your shift" while waiting on her to operate the cash register.

If it isn't this, it them playing with their cell phones.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15647.50

      10-14-2019, 01:25 PM   #206
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
15648
Rep
7,591
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Dateline Starbucks.

Barista at Starbucks who is about to hand me my drink is interrupted by another barista, then takes my drink, walks to another area to chat to another barista then brings my drink back to me.

I just looked at her/him quizzically and then asked, "Why didn't you pass my drink THEN go about seeing what you just went away to do as my drink was cooling?" Response: "Oh."

The Bright Shiny Object generation at its best.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
vreihen16789.00
Now_Rudi6335.00
Rmtt1937.00

      10-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #207
unluky
Captain
unluky's Avatar
309
Rep
851
Posts

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sedalia, MO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
People wanting lottery tickets at the Cstore BUT very specific ones that require them talk about each of them in the case before they get the one they want. "Excuse me, can I just pay for this real quick....I have a job to get to, which this gentleman clearly does not...."

Or when they want to stay at the counter and scratch them...I have elbowed a few out of the way in the past. I do see cashiers shoo them off mostly now.
__________________


2015 X5 XDrive 35i - 2004 Z4 3.0 Sport
Appreciate 4
Now_Rudi6335.00
MKSixer15647.50
Rmtt1937.00
FCobra942432.00

      10-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #208
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
2872
Rep
6,686
Posts

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
People who stop for pedestrians approaching a crosswalk. Especially when that person approaching is still 20 yards away. And people who stop for crosswalks when there is nobody in or around them.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
MKSixer15647.50
unluky309.00

      10-14-2019, 02:34 PM   #209
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
2872
Rep
6,686
Posts

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Newest pet peeve.....MyAnalytics from Microsoft. Freshly installed by the IT admins this morning. My entire usage of my work PC is now being tracked and reported. My shit posting on here, during business hours, are over.
I'm typing this from my office using my personal PC at home. I VPN into my home network and then use Remote Desktop to access my home PC. All IT sees here is an active VPN session running.

Of course your IT dawgs may be blocking outgoing VPNs, so you may be SOL there.

Raspberry Pi VPN - Cheap, easy, works seamlessly. http://www.pivpn.io/

(Note, the VPN setup listed above requires a VPN client on the local machine, so if you can't install software on your office PC, you're SOL again.)
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede

Last edited by M_Six; 10-14-2019 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 4
Now_Rudi6335.00
MKSixer15647.50
Rmtt1937.00

      10-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #210
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6335
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Dateline Starbucks.

Barista at Starbucks who is about to hand me my drink is interrupted by another barista, then takes my drink, walks to another area to chat to another barista then brings my drink back to me.

I just looked at her/him quizzically and then asked, "Why didn't you pass my drink THEN go about seeing what you just went away to do as my drink was cooling?" Response: "Oh."

The Bright Shiny Object generation at its best.
Similar but not the same. I had to go have lab work done this morning. As the girlfriend and I are sitting in the waiting room, a young mom (roughly 21-25) is trying to coerce her son (around 8-10 years) to get his lab work done. The waiting room was dead silent until they called for them to go back. Instantly the little kid starts crying and throwing a tantrum. Refusing to put his cell phone down and crying every step of the way, because he was trying to play a game on his phone. At no point did the mother make him put the phone down. He never even took his eyes off the damn thing as he fake cried the entire walk down the hallway. I weep for our future. In less than 20 years, these little shits will be the one's running things. Scares the shit out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I'm typing this from my office using my personal PC at home. I VPN into my home network and then use Remote Desktop to access my home PC. All IT sees here is an active VPN session running.

Of course your IT dawgs may be blocking outgoing VPNs, so you may be SOL there.

Raspberry Pi VPN - Cheap, easy, works seamlessly. http://www.pivpn.io/

(Note, the VPN setup listed above requires a VPN client on the local machine, so if you can't install software on your office PC, you're SOL again.)
I appreciate it, but yeah VPN is out. The admins have the network locked up tight. I had to pull some strings, with an inside connect, just to get Office 2016 and Display Fusion installed on my machine, and this took months to achieve.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15647.50

      10-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #211
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1937
Rep
1,546
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
People wanting lottery tickets at the Cstore BUT very specific ones that require them talk about each of them in the case before they get the one they want. "Excuse me, can I just pay for this real quick....I have a job to get to, which this gentleman clearly does not...."

Or when they want to stay at the counter and scratch them...I have elbowed a few out of the way in the past. I do see cashiers shoo them off mostly now.
I've actually told a few of these people to move at times.
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 03:54 PM   #212
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
2872
Rep
6,686
Posts

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Similar but not the same. I had to go have lab work done this morning. As the girlfriend and I are sitting in the waiting room, a young mom (roughly 21-25) is trying to coerce her son (around 8-10 years) to get his lab work done. The waiting room was dead silent until they called for them to go back. Instantly the little kid starts crying and throwing a tantrum. Refusing to put his cell phone down and crying every step of the way, because he was trying to play a game on his phone. At no point did the mother make him put the phone down. He never even took his eyes off the damn thing as he fake cried the entire walk down the hallway. I weep for our future. In less than 20 years, these little shits will be the one's running things. Scares the shit out of me.



I appreciate it, but yeah VPN is out. The admins have the network locked up tight. I had to pull some strings, with an inside connect, just to get Office 2016 and Display Fusion installed on my machine, and this took months to achieve.
Zoiks. No doubt there are lots of security reasons for locking things down like that in some businesses. But some do it just to be anal about things.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #213
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1937
Rep
1,546
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

My pet peeve for today. If you're a manager that fired someone, why am I always the one asked to escort them to gather their personal belongings, and then out of the building?

Take care of your own business.

I work with a bunch of pu$$ies!
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 4
Now_Rudi6335.00
FCobra942432.00
unluky309.00

      10-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #214
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6335
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Zoiks. No doubt there are lots of security reasons for locking things down like that in some businesses. But some do it just to be anal about things.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for running a business the way that it should be ran. I'm not opposed to being productive and like to think of myself as a better employee than most. I don't feel that it has to do with being anal, geared more toward security, but.....if the people above me were doing their jobs, they wouldn't have to worry about internet usage; We'd all be too busy with work, to have time to peruse the internet.

As for security, if we were serious about it, it would most likely be the first thing we were serious about since I have worked here. Rather than delegate responsibility and work load, let's focus on keeping the employees off internet so that rather than being forced to do work, now they have nothing and must stare at the walls all day. Our priorities might be slightly misaligned. Stop being the internet police and be a damn boss. end rant.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 04:10 PM   #215
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6335
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
My pet peeve for today. If you're a manager that fired someone, why am I always the one asked to escort them to gather their personal belongings, and then out of the building?

Take care of your own business.

I work with a bunch of pu$$ies!
The down side of being a human oak tree sir.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1937.00

      10-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #216
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1937
Rep
1,546
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for running a business the way that it should be ran. I'm not opposed to being productive and like to think of myself as a better employee than most. I don't feel that it has to do with being anal, geared more toward security, but.....if the people above me were doing their jobs, they wouldn't have to worry about internet usage; We'd all be too busy with work, to have time to peruse the internet.

As for security, if we were serious about it, it would most likely be the first thing we were serious about since I have worked here. Rather than delegate responsibility and work load, let's focus on keeping the employees off internet so that rather than being forced to do work, now they have nothing and must stare at the walls all day. Our priorities might be slightly misaligned. Stop being the internet police and be a damn boss. end rant.

I control usage at our plant. I tell everyone that they are an adult, and I'm not going to monitor what they do as long as their manager doesn't request it. They know what they can and can't do.

The way I see it, as long as you get your job done.....then you're fine.

And honestly.....everyone uses the web for personal stuff....even the company president.

Some people just enjoy being dicks.
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6335.00

      10-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #217
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
2872
Rep
6,686
Posts

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Oddly enough, I just got an email on my university account welcoming me to My Analytics. Son-of-a-b...
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #218
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
3005
Rep
1,979
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Oddly enough, I just got an email on my university account welcoming me to My Analytics. Son-of-a-b...
*goes and checks email*
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 04:46 PM   #219
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6335
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Oddly enough, I just got an email on my university account welcoming me to My Analytics. Son-of-a-b...
it's not funny but still.....

I'm sorry man. Welcome to my world.

Continuation of pet peeves: Murder of the English language.

Word of the day from my co-worker and office co-habitant. "Differenter" I'm assuming means even more different. Use in a sentence: "It sure does feel nice outside. It's differenter than it was this morning."

These are the masterminds I work with and somehow I am viewed as the outcast.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #220
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6335
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I control usage at our plant. I tell everyone that they are an adult, and I'm not going to monitor what they do as long as their manager doesn't request it. They know what they can and can't do.

The way I see it, as long as you get your job done.....then you're fine.

And honestly.....everyone uses the web for personal stuff....even the company president.

Some people just enjoy being dicks.
Management before didn't care as long as we got our work completed. When I started, I was told we could use the internet for whatever as long as it was in moderation and our job was done. Work first, then whatever. In the years that I have been here, I have no write-ups, no verbals, no points and not a single reprimand. I come in early and stay late almost daily. Now suddenly, my productivity and efficiency is being scrutinized.

The way I see things is that they pay me to get a job done. I have to be here for x amount of hours regardless of workload. Either provide me with work to be done or leave me alone about what I do during downtime. Either this or pay me a flat rate, without set hours and I will complete every task on-time, in-full.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt1937.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST