BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion free college funny article

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-05-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
No_Country
2090
Rep
2,475
Posts

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Trenton, NJ

iTrader: (0)

free college funny article

ugh so many my age; living in candyland

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/01/gradu...mbYejE85cjUJhs
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 09:14 PM   #2
NormanConquest
Colonel
1511
Rep
2,351
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
ugh so many my age; living in candyland

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/01/gradu...mbYejE85cjUJhs
sour about poor life decisions.
Appreciate 2
Now_Rudi6328.00
lab_rat208.00

      11-05-2019, 11:16 PM   #3
Delta0311
Banned
7356
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

End result of going to college for the "experience". Go in, pick a BS major, come out broke, confused about your gender, and ready to turn the US into the USSR because it is not your fault you cannot pay back your loans.
Appreciate 6
David0ff829.50
Now_Rudi6328.00
Zugzwang1156.00
shay2nak1000.50
lab_rat208.00
xander_g713.50

      11-05-2019, 11:20 PM   #4
grocerylist
Private First Class
55
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Go in, pick a BS major, come out broke, confused about your gender, and ready to turn the US into the USSR because it is not your fault you cannot pay back your loans.
I got a BScience and things worked out ok, so far.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #5
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
No_Country
2090
Rep
2,475
Posts

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Trenton, NJ

iTrader: (0)

i had so many kids in a direct pharmacy program drop out cause my school wasn't "cool"....these same kids are now part of pyramids schemes bitching about college loans. its just mind numbing how anyone can support free college. so plumbers car mechanics. all jobs that don't require college; do they contribute lmaooo
Appreciate 2
Delta03117355.50
Now_Rudi6328.00

      11-06-2019, 12:39 AM   #6
WestRace
Major
511
Rep
1,045
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angels, Ca.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Buying a house 43%
Saving for retirement 43%
Moving to a new city 42%
Getting a new place to live 39%
Taking a vacation 39%
Buying life insurance 36%
Marriage 35%
Children 35%
Moving out of parentsí house 29%
In the old days, those are called "real world issues". Now they are like some type of a mental condition. Hey maybe they have a pill for that.
Appreciate 2
Delta03117355.50
David0ff829.50

      11-06-2019, 01:02 AM   #7
Delta0311
Banned
7356
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
In the old days, those are called "real world issues". Now they are like some type of a mental condition. Hey maybe they have a pill for that.
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

These kids are the product of the struggle snuggle. We have a generation of pampered babies that are now losing their shit because the real world refuses to wipe their ass like mommy and daddy did.
Appreciate 8
MKSixer15622.50
Now_Rudi6328.00
shay2nak1000.50
lab_rat208.00
xander_g713.50

      11-06-2019, 10:37 AM   #8
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
David0ff's Avatar
Canada
830
Rep
593
Posts

Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Classified

iTrader: (1)

fuk these weak ass dumb confused entitled pampered pussy kids.

Welcome to the real world
__________________
/////////
Appreciate 2
Now_Rudi6328.00
lab_rat208.00

      11-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #9
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
No_Country
2090
Rep
2,475
Posts

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Trenton, NJ

iTrader: (0)

i hate having convos with people my age. they are so ass bent on there trying to help people; moral high horse. so if i provide free college to everyone then degrees are useless. all good jobs will be flooded. my buddy grew up pretty poor but worked hard. polish kid, parents immigrants. his college was free; he couldnt go to pharmacy school with me, but he worked his ass off and now will have a phd in pharm/tox. worked all day. I didn't have it that hard; but its doable. and college is almost free if you don't have money. but if you want to go to a private liberal arts college why the fuck should people pay. I wish i went to state school; but i didn't get in, so paid 3 times as much as for private...hmm maybe i should have tried harder in school
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #10
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6328
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Hilarious! Who would have ever thought that being in debt causes stress and makes those in debt alter life choices? My heart goes out them. Perhaps someone can write a strongly worded letter and just have all their debt forgiven so they can go enjoy life.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:54 PM   #11
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
5405
Rep
5,773
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (17)

Took me around 15 or so years to pay off $100k in law school debt. The sacrifices I had to make, and the hours I had to work to get that done were not easy. Thus, it's hard for me to have sympathy.

With that being said however, I agree 100% that college tuition is a complete scam. As well, nobody seemed to have a problem with the Fed bailing out the stock market, housing market, automobile industry, on and on and on. The reason why so many people get to crow these days like they're some kind of super investor is because the Fed bailed their asses out (and are still doing it to the tune of almost one billion a day recently). They're not smart, they're not good investors, THE FED BAILED THEIR ASSES OUT. Take away the helicopter money and you and your big brained 401k are bust and you're working into your 80s.

Thus, if you've reaped the benefits of this bogus stock market for the past ten plus years, or enjoyed the rising value of your home which is funded by more Fed bubbles and bail outs, then perhaps you should think just a bit longer about being so hard on young people who are young and stupid, and got hooked by career criminals into a life of debt servitude.

Just saying.
Appreciate 6
      11-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #12
pennsiveguy
First Lieutenant
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
677
Rep
373
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The gutless numb-skull parents and the candy-assed kids are equally to blame.

Any parent with any common sense and cojones bigger than BBs would talk their kid out of going $250K in debt for a degree in Pre-Columbian Feminist Poetry, which leads to a career where you say "Room for cream?" a couple hundred times a day and will spend the next 20 years paying off that mountain of debt.

And the "kids" made the choice to pursue worthless degrees because those are easy degrees to get. You can party and loaf and BS your way through a humanities or social science degree by flattering the professors and parroting the Leftist dogma they spout. That doesn't work in the STEM fields, which is a primary reason STEM degrees still have value.

Those humanities and social science degrees don't benefit the students or society in general anymore; those programs' only purpose now is to serve as taxpayer-funded gravy-train job banks for Postmodern Marxist idealogues.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 3
Delta03117355.50
lab_rat208.00
Poiseuille3164.00

      11-06-2019, 09:21 PM   #13
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
David0ff's Avatar
Canada
830
Rep
593
Posts

Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Classified

iTrader: (1)

Brilliant Halloween costume is thread appropriate
Attached Images
 
__________________
/////////
Appreciate 2
      11-07-2019, 02:04 PM   #14
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
5405
Rep
5,773
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (17)

Stunning numbers. CBS is the source however so doubtful it's trustworthy.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/1-in-4-...in-five-years/
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #15
Delta0311
Banned
7356
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Stunning numbers. CBS is the source however so doubtful it's trustworthy.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/1-in-4-...in-five-years/
Millenials figure socialism will fix their loan problems.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #16
shay2nak
smoke if ya got 'em
shay2nak's Avatar
United_States
1001
Rep
2,163
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 / '07 Lotus Exige S
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calipornia

iTrader: (0)

Don't they know what a loan is? You borrow money, you pay it back. I guess no one told them.

Maybe put the phone down, ace your classes & get a scholarship?? Aww too hard i suppose.

They say you still live like a student until you pay the loan off. lol

For me I took out a loan the 1st and last year. The years in between I got full scholarship. When I got a job, I started paying double what the amount due was. Didn't take long to clear it out.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #17
Conissah
Private First Class
129
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Little rant here. As someone who just turned 23 and graduated with my BS less than a year ago, I cannot tell you how absolutely annoying and infuriating it is to listen to my "peers" complain about their student loans. I just started a new job (2nd big boy job after graduating), and I've been hearing talk about the "Orange BMW" outside. Everyone seemed extremely shocked when they found out it was driven by the new guy. I even had some people ask what my parents did, "mockingly" of course. My response is always "I just spend my money poorly" because I don't want to get into a huge argument about money.

What I really want to tell them is how I worked my ass off, graduated a semester early, put myself through school by paying out of pocket, lived in the shittiest and cheapest apartments I could find, held multiple jobs, slaved away during the summers saving as much money as I possibly could working 80-90 hours a week, and went to literally 0 school events or parties. Even when I go out and see people I haven't seen in months or years, their typical response is "must be nice." I don't know what the fuck is up with everyone nowadays (not just the younger generation), but for whatever reason everyone is so damn entitled to everything. God forbid someone work hard or get lucky; if you don't like where you are at in your life, change it!
Appreciate 6
      11-07-2019, 04:45 PM   #18
grocerylist
Private First Class
55
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
For me I took out a loan the 1st and last year. The years in between I got full scholarship. When I got a job, I started paying double what the amount due was. Didn't take long to clear it out.
I had loans but also got Pell grants that subsidized much of the interest while I was still in school. I only owed about $20k but when I consolidated my loans at 3% interest, I made sure to only make the minimum payments which was less than $150/month for 15 years and invest whatever else in a total market fund. Thankfully I graduated before Bush Jr opened the flood gates on student loan interest rates.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #19
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
No_Country
2090
Rep
2,475
Posts

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Trenton, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Little rant here. As someone who just turned 23 and graduated with my BS less than a year ago, I cannot tell you how absolutely annoying and infuriating it is to listen to my "peers" complain about their student loans. I just started a new job (2nd big boy job after graduating), and I've been hearing talk about the "Orange BMW" outside. Everyone seemed extremely shocked when they found out it was driven by the new guy. I even had some people ask what my parents did, "mockingly" of course. My response is always "I just spend my money poorly" because I don't want to get into a huge argument about money.

What I really want to tell them is how I worked my ass off, graduated a semester early, put myself through school by paying out of pocket, lived in the shittiest and cheapest apartments I could find, held multiple jobs, slaved away during the summers saving as much money as I possibly could working 80-90 hours a week, and went to literally 0 school events or parties. Even when I go out and see people I haven't seen in months or years, their typical response is "must be nice." I don't know what the fuck is up with everyone nowadays (not just the younger generation), but for whatever reason everyone is so damn entitled to everything. God forbid someone work hard or get lucky; if you don't like where you are at in your life, change it!

MUST BE NICE

the most awkward thing to say to anyone. I just walk away. do people not have any pride
Appreciate 1
Conissah129.00

      11-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #20
Conissah
Private First Class
129
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerylist View Post
I had loans but also got Pell grants that subsidized much of the interest while I was still in school. I only owed about $20k but when I consolidated my loans at 3% interest, I made sure to only make the minimum payments which was less than $150/month for 15 years and invest whatever else in a total market fund. Thankfully I graduated before Bush Jr opened the flood gates on student loan interest rates.
My parents made too much for me to get any need based grants, and the loans I was offered through my university were unsubsidized. It's crazy how many kids lack the understanding of how money and loans work... It's like they don't know they'll have to pay it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
MUST BE NICE

the most awkward thing to say to anyone. I just walk away. do people not have any pride
Yeah, it's not worth my time to even rebuttal to that. I usually just quickly end the conversation and carry on with whatever I'm doing.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #21
unluky
Captain
unluky's Avatar
309
Rep
849
Posts

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sedalia, MO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Little rant here. As someone who just turned 23 and graduated with my BS less than a year ago, I cannot tell you how absolutely annoying and infuriating it is to listen to my "peers" complain about their student loans. I just started a new job (2nd big boy job after graduating), and I've been hearing talk about the "Orange BMW" outside. Everyone seemed extremely shocked when they found out it was driven by the new guy. I even had some people ask what my parents did, "mockingly" of course. My response is always "I just spend my money poorly" because I don't want to get into a huge argument about money.

What I really want to tell them is how I worked my ass off, graduated a semester early, put myself through school by paying out of pocket, lived in the shittiest and cheapest apartments I could find, held multiple jobs, slaved away during the summers saving as much money as I possibly could working 80-90 hours a week, and went to literally 0 school events or parties. Even when I go out and see people I haven't seen in months or years, their typical response is "must be nice." I don't know what the fuck is up with everyone nowadays (not just the younger generation), but for whatever reason everyone is so damn entitled to everything. God forbid someone work hard or get lucky; if you don't like where you are at in your life, change it!

They can't even comprehend it - so why bother? They'd just think you were lying and are $500K in debt. I know many people with much high degrees than me maybe even making more money than me that are living pay check to pay check. Either you know how to manage money or you do not.

They also have no clue. I have an old Z4 I bought and massaged back to life and get the "comments" too - I always go "yeah - it's 15 years old and is worth about $7K - you could by 7 of them with the money you dropped on that brand new Chevy silverado you just bought and will be making payments on for 8 years."

The concept of buying car with cash in hand after you have saved for it and even paying off a house loan is foreign to them. They were taught debt is a part of life. If they can afford the monthly payments - then they are living within their means - even if they are saving zero.

It's sad. The end result will be a call for raiding 401Ks/retirement plans or taxing the hell out of them because too many were too stupid to save now and play later. Those of us that sacrificed then to play more now will lose out to those who already played and now want us to foot the bill for them to play.

My ex GF got her masters in PA - a degree you are NOT allowed to work during your last 2 years or you will be expelled - and came out of school $12,000 in total debt. It can be done. But too many want that 4 years to be a never ending party with no work and live off the tab - but the tab always comes due.
__________________


2015 X5 XDrive 35i - 2004 Z4 3.0 Sport
Appreciate 1
lab_rat208.00

      11-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #22
Conissah
Private First Class
129
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
They also have no clue. I have an old Z4 I bought and massaged back to life and get the "comments" too - I always go "yeah - it's 15 years old and is worth about $7K - you could by 7 of them with the money you dropped on that brand new Chevy silverado you just bought and will be making payments on for 8 years."

The concept of buying car with cash in hand after you have saved for it and even paying off a house loan is foreign to them. They were taught debt is a part of life. If they can afford the monthly payments - then they are living within their means - even if they are saving zero.
I definitely didn't pay for my M2C in cash though lol. That was my graduation present to myself. But I understand what you're saying. I set a very strict budget for myself, and keep a detailed record of where my money goes, so I know exactly how much I am to save vs spend each paycheck. Too many of my friends get paid and then blow their whole check on shit they don't need. Not my money though, so I'm not going to tell them how to spend it.
Appreciate 1
David0ff829.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST