BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Biden Family Corruption and Crony Capitalism

View Poll Results: Is the Biden Family corrupt and selling/benefiting from government influence?
Corrupt without question and benefitting from government influence. 34 91.89%
No...It's just Lunch Bucket Joe and a total coincidence. 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

10-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #23
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
I'll take that all to mean in your opinion no corruption can be attached to the Biden's.
Certainly not given anything I've seen or read. I'm willing to be convinced, though.

Quote:
I really don't know details of the other families' doings. I do know a lot has been made of Trump's businesses in Turkey and his recent decisions regarding Turkey and Syria. The difference there it's so transparent we can form an opinion. (besides, wait a day or two and his decision will change ) It's the murky stuff where the onion needs to be peeled.
Jared's real estate deals, Ivanka's Chinese patents, etc are "so transparent" we can form an opinion? I'm not sure I agree there.

Quote:
I only probed because you are so methodical and hard fact driven.
I certainly try to be.

The facts, as I see them, are:

Many people/governments/organizations outside of Joe Biden wanted Shokin gone from his position in Ukraine - the reason being that he wasn't actually doing a good job of investigating corruption, which was his mandate. Further, this was open US foreign policy that was well covered at the time, and Joe hasn't been bashful about since then. Hardly some shady, backroom deal trying to be kept secret.

Hunter and James are very obviously cashing in on the family name. It's unseemly, but not illegal, based on everything I'm aware of.

So, where does that leave us?

Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 06:36 PM   #24
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Is the Biden Family Corrupt and selling/benefitting from government influence?
Does a bear shit in the woods? Is the pope catholic?

I can't believe Biden has not dropped out. He is charred toast.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer15528.50
Zugzwang1155.00

10-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #25
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
"Let it unfold", and yet you keep making threads/posts about it, my friend.

What "practice" would you have made illegal, specifically, though? I don't see an easy way to kill this sort of thing.
These are my PSAs!

I'd outlaw the ability of any 1st or 2nd degree member to be directly or indirectly involved with/as a government vendor unless the relationship was already engaged before the politician was in their position.

It won't be an easy thing to kill but it is necessary for the good of the republic.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go2314.50

10-14-2019, 07:13 PM   #26
Dagamus_NM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC

Quote:
These are my PSAs!

I'd outlaw the ability of any 1st or 2nd degree member to be directly or indirectly involved with/as a government vendor unless the relationship was already engaged before the politician was in their position.

It won't be an easy thing to kill but it is necessary for the good of the republic.
I agree with that. Can we also prevent them from being White House advisors or anything else they should actually be qualified to do?
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #27
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
I agree with that. Can we also prevent them from being White House advisors or anything else they should actually be qualified to do?
Yes. And staffers of any stripe. Same thing with the unelected regulators that write what becomes the code and regulations that govern us all.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 08:42 PM   #28
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:

Jared's real estate deals, Ivanka's Chinese patents, etc are "so transparent" we can form an opinion? I'm not sure I agree there.

Admittedly I know nothing about those items. Would never argue against going after them if true. With 3 or 4 networks and a couple of the largest newspapers in full attack mode, I'm surprised these things aren't highly exposed .
      10-14-2019, 10:02 PM   #29
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR

look at the date:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/1...head-of-debate

so romney said russia was a threat obama laughed and said his policy is outdated and belonged in the 80's... romney and company pointed out biden family getting gov't contracts back in 2012 and nobody cared. now seems russia is a major concern for the past three years and biden's hands are as dirty as the water in flint. these are some crazy times.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15528.50

10-15-2019, 12:11 AM   #30
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

All of this occurs due to the public sector being grossly to large and powerful.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2019, 07:19 AM   #31
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
These are my PSAs!

I'd be all for that. Doesn't sound like that would address what Hunter and James Biden have been doing, though, does it?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15528.50

10-15-2019, 07:22 AM   #32
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
look at the date:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/1...head-of-debate

so romney said russia was a threat obama laughed and said his policy is outdated and belonged in the 80's... romney and company pointed out biden family getting gov't contracts back in 2012 and nobody cared. now seems russia is a major concern for the past three years and biden's hands are as dirty as the water in flint. these are some crazy times.
You mean like Halliburton did? I'm sure there is a litany of others, as well, that I don't remember. I agree it's slimy, but it's not new and it's probably not illegal.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast3452.00

10-15-2019, 07:23 AM   #33
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
All of this occurs due to the public sector being grossly to large and powerful.
One of the rare times we agree.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer15528.50

10-15-2019, 07:25 AM   #34
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I'd be all for that. Doesn't sound like that would address what Hunter and James Biden have been doing, though, does it?
Actually it would. James is a first degree relative through blood, sibling. Hunter is a 1st degree relative through blood, child.

Both automatically excluded.

Appreciate 1
      10-15-2019, 07:31 AM   #35
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Admittedly I know nothing about those items. Would never argue against going after them if true. With 3 or 4 networks and a couple of the largest newspapers in full attack mode, I'm surprised these things aren't highly exposed .
It was covered:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...10.Nehv4Bdp8Oo

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...73.Ki7Ms5NtZqQ
Appreciate 1
gjm1201080.50

10-15-2019, 07:34 AM   #36
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Actually it would. James is a first degree relative through blood, sibling. Hunter is a 1st degree relative through blood, child.

Both automatically excluded.
That wouldn't impact Burisma or the Chinese investment in Paradigm Global Advisors, right? Unless I'm misunderstanding your plan.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 07:46 AM   #37
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

The Dems cant be that gullible, this guys only gets jobs in areas his dad has influence over!

Follow the money, all goes back to Joe Biden!

"Hunter Biden received consulting fees from the financial services company MBNA from 2001 to 2005 -- while his father, then a senator, was pushing successfully for legislation that would make it harder for consumers to file for bankruptcy protection".

And then China, Ukraine
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5618.50

10-15-2019, 07:50 AM   #38
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
The Dems cant be that gullible, this guys only gets jobs in areas his dad has influence over!

Follow the money, all goes back to Joe Biden!

"Hunter Biden received consulting fees from the financial services company MBNA from 2001 to 2005 -- while his father, then a senator, was pushing successfully for legislation that would make it harder for consumers to file for bankruptcy protection".

And then China, Ukraine

Did his dad control AMTRAK and George W Bush, too?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #39
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
That wouldn't impact Burisma or the Chinese investment in Paradigm Global Advisors, right? Unless I'm misunderstanding your plan.
His butt wouldn't have been near the aircraft for China and you fully understand the power that getting off of an aircraft with your father, the VP of the most powerful country in the history of man has. Similarly, he would have been excluded from any dealings in The Ukraine...especially with one of the major suppliers of energy for the country.

And please understand...the "company" can still try to bid/work on deals but the relative would be out or the bid/work couldn't be done. No Chinese wall, out in totality until that business is done. No directly owned stock, no nothing.

Make it unpalatable for the company to hire them for anything. And if something is done illegally by the company to hide a relative or some such, an FDA style fine would be in order with a 10 year exclusion from any government contracts.

Do you think any organization would take the risk to curry favor if the downside is made sufficiently punitive?

Appreciate 1
      10-15-2019, 08:01 AM   #40
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
His butt wouldn't have been near the aircraft for China and you fully understand the power that getting off of an aircraft with your father, the VP of the most powerful country in the history of man has. Similarly, he would have been excluded from any dealings in The Ukraine...especially with one of the major suppliers of energy for the country.

And please understand...the "company" can still try to bid/work on deals but the relative would be out or the bid/work couldn't be done. No Chinese wall, out in totality until that business is done. No directly owned stock, no nothing.

Make it unpalatable for the company to hire them for anything. And if something is done illegally by the company to hide a relative or some such, an FDA style fine would be in order with a 10 year exclusion from any government contracts.

Do you think any organization would take the risk to curry favor if the downside is made sufficiently punitive?

I obviously misunderstood what you meant by: "I'd outlaw the ability of any 1st or 2nd degree member to be directly or indirectly involved with/as a government vendor unless the relationship was already engaged before the politician was in their position."

I don't know enough about how DC works to fully understand the ramifications/ripple effects of what you're proposing, but I'd be on-board with it based on the little I do understand.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15528.50

10-15-2019, 08:03 AM   #41
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I obviously misunderstood what you meant by: "I'd outlaw the ability of any 1st or 2nd degree member to be directly or indirectly involved with/as a government vendor unless the relationship was already engaged before the politician was in their position."

I don't know enough about how DC works to fully understand the ramifications/ripple effects of what you're proposing, but I'd be on-board with it based on the little I do understand.
Fair enough and I did take the liberty of expanding the theory based on the loophole you found.

This is an internet forum and all ideas are subject to theft.

Appreciate 1
      10-15-2019, 08:37 AM   #42
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Hunter, Dishonorably discharged from the Navy due to Cocaine Addiction, 2 months later appointed to the Board of a Ukrainian Company with no experience in the oil business or the Ukraine and not a single marketable skil expect yo sell his dads influence.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 08:53 AM   #43
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Hey guys don’t worry, if Biden is elected then Hunter will go get a real job - PINKY SWEAR!

You couldn’t make this shit up.

Reject modernity. Embrace tradition.
Appreciate 1
anglo40224.00

10-15-2019, 09:05 AM   #44
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Hunter, Dishonorably discharged from the Navy due to Cocaine Addiction, 2 months later appointed to the Board of a Ukrainian Company with no experience in the oil business or the Ukraine and not a single marketable skil expect yo sell his dads influence.
You're making the leap that the Ukrainian company received a return on their investment, from Joe Biden. Nothing illegal about Hunter Biden peddling his family name to score positions he's wholly unqualified for. Sleazy? Yes. Would I slap him upside the head if he was my kid? Yes. But where is the evidence that the company that hired him received favor from Joe?
Appreciate 2