BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) PPF - % of owners doing it

View Poll Results: Are you PPF-ing your G87?
No 79 29.15%
Yes, partial 115 42.44%
Yes, full 77 28.41%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

09-19-2023, 10:38 PM   #89
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Can you share more about your experience with the Feynlabs coating? Did you do any "testing" on it to prove out its self healing properties?
So I originally got the Feynlabs Basic ceramic self healing coating on the car except for the front end where I had STek PPF installed. This was my first dive into coatings and PPF so I was skeptical to spend more then a few grand. The STek PPF really worked great at preventing chips and scratches, it really sold me on its performance. Now the ceramic also was amazing even with the basic version, and scuffs or light scratches either would vanish in the heat or the day or during winter after a was or sand storm simply applying hot water would make them clean up. I owned that car for about 3-4 years, the day the M8 arrived I washed it myself for the last time and I was amazed that after this time the paint was in almost as good of shape as when I got it, with dark colors micro scratches are the worst but the car had almost zero of them. So after that the next three cars got either Full PPF or PPF and Ceramic.

The M8 received STek PPF on the front end and roof, and Feynlabs Ceramic Plus on the rest of the car.

The Merc E63s got Full STek PPF

The M5 got Full XPEL PPF

All the cars have had the top tier ceramic XPEL tint on all glass and that's worth every penny also.

The reason I changed to XPEL on the last car is the installer for the STEk his work just had some imperfections that would drive me crazy, it wasnt the product it was just how he installed it. I did find a very well known installer in Houston but didn't want the hassle to ship the car and then drive it back so I opted to try having Xpel do their PPF.. I am happy with it, looks great, slightly more orange peel in XPEL.. Other then that I like it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      09-22-2023, 09:50 PM   #90
horseygrl
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xdrive40i

Has anyone had any experience or knowledge of Revivify Graphene Pro? I'm told it is newer and supposedly does have some self healing properties. A detail shop near me is recommending it . I don't have my car yet, just trying to educate myself. thanks in advance https://www.revivifyglobal.net/products/
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 12:40 PM   #91
Motonoia
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Does anyone here track their cars regularly (1-2/month)? I am interested in getting XPEL PPF on my car and I am wondering if I should stick with the "track package" which includes front end, A pillars, mirror caps, and rocker panels or opt for the full car.

Hoping to get some insight from owners that track their cars if the doors/roof/other rearward parts of the car are necessary. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2023, 09:28 PM   #92
Zepin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 X5 24' M4C '67 Chevelle SS

I am splitting Xcel PPF on the frontal wind hitting areas then having ceramic on the roof and wheels and calipers. Everything else will be trusted with a quality wax.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 08:35 PM   #93
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

All impact areas. PPF full car ceramic coated. Car looks sparkling. Was expensive, Yes.. I don't care. I will do it on my next car as well. It's Night and Day. People always comment on how the color of my car pops compared to other YMB. Best decision ever.

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 12:33 PM   #94
XB7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G63 & 24 XB7

Garage List
2024 XB7  [10.00]
I got my 24 XB7 a few weeks ago.
I delayed picking up the car a couple days till my Auto Spa had room to take my XB7 in as in Michigan the roads suck and stone chips are common. I knew if I drove it a couple days Id get a stone chip and hate myself LOL
I was debating just the track pack (front, mirrors, rockers etc) but ended up going full PPF. Total cost installed for the whole XB7 with Kavacas top film was 7K (I got a break as I know the owner) they said a full XB7 would normally be about 8500 as its such a big vehicle and not the easiest to install with all the curves etc. I think it was money well spent as I bought the XB7. If I was leasing I doubt Id care.
Appreciate 0