BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Allstate

07-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08

Unhappy Allstate

Okay. As some of you know there was a sick hailstorm in NJ Sunday. It was as bad as a golf driving range.

Here is the thing. The adjuster told me that Allstate has a policy where they only approve paintless dent repair for hail damage... regardless of make, year, model, etc. so my autobody estimates were not even looked at. I don't think paintless dent repair will be good for a convertible hardtop roof.

IS THAT STANDARD ALLSTATE POLICY? OR WAS THE PERSON LYING TO ME TO JUST GET ME OUT THE DOOR?

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Get the estimate done. The shop will request additional funds from Allstate if the roof has to be replaced.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
Get the estimate done. The shop will request additional funds from Allstate if the roof has to be replaced.
The Allstate adjuster wouldn't look at the 3 estimates I had done earlier in the week from 3 different dealerships. Said they have a paintless dent repair policy for hail.

I didn't pay thousands to them for this shit. There is no way I'm having this dude touch my ride:

Last edited by Cyber; 07-30-2009 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
The Allstate adjuster wouldn't look at the 3 estimates I had done earlier in the week from 3 different dealerships. Said they have a paintless dent repair policy for hail.
They do. You don't want bondo and filler anyways.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They do. You don't want bondo and filler anyways.
Wow. So they only cover paintless dent repair? Thats garbage especially with how scary and ugly that bondo is. So noticeable especially with our orange peel oem paint. Aren't we supposed to be made whole? Isn't that the purpose of insurance?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow. So they only cover paintless dent repair? Thats garbage especially with how scary and ugly that bondo is. So noticeable especially with our orange peel oem paint. Aren't we supposed to be made whole? Isn't that the purpose of insurance?
Both my cars were done PDR after hail. You can't tell the 335i was ever hailed on. My Jeep was hit sooooo badly that the roof won't ever be back to 100%, which reminds me that I have to contact AllState about that.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Both my cars were done PDR after hail. You can't tell the 335i was ever hailed on. My Jeep was hit sooooo badly that the roof won't ever be back to 100%, which reminds me that I have to contact AllState about that.
Sorry about your losses. Hopefully everything works out.

I think my car is in your Jeep's camp which is driving me nuts. IMO it would be cheaper to replace the panels and repaint rather than pop every single dent. They're not listening and keep giving me the hand about their PDR policy. As you can tell they came no where close to what all 3 body shops estimated which scares me.

I just want to know if their paintless dent removal policy is standard for all customers because I feel discriminated....
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #8
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry about your losses. Hopefully everything works out.

I think my car is in your Jeep's camp which is driving me nuts. IMO it would be cheaper to replace the panels and repaint rather than pop every single dent. They're not listening and keep giving me the hand about their PDR policy. As you can tell they came no where close to what all 3 body shops estimated which scares me.

I just want to know if their paintless dent removal policy is standard for all customers because I feel discriminated....
Those 3 body shops estimated using filler and paint. YOU DON'T WANT THAT. You want PDR. If they can't PDR the roof, trunk lid, or top, the PDR company will ask Allstate for supplemental funds.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #9
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Those 3 body shops estimated using filler and paint. YOU DON'T WANT THAT. You want PDR. If they can't PDR the roof, trunk lid, or top, the PDR company will ask Allstate for supplemental funds.
Actually, they recommended replacing and repainting new panels. Yes it was that bad.

Plus the cost of handling all the mechanical stuff in the relatively new hardtop roof along with the broken trim and stuff they break when replacing the panels. One of the certified BMW people told me that if I get work done on the roof by a non certified BMW technician it voids my warranty....
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

You may need to call your agent for the exact policy procedure if you have not already. Don't tell him/her what has transpired so far.

Sounds like Mr. Adjustor is tired and a bit grumpy. Probably has been working 18 hour days since the storm.

PDR guy is probably his cousin too.

g/l
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
You may need to call your agent for the exact policy procedure if you have not already. Don't tell him/her what has transpired so far.

Sounds like Mr. Adjustor is tired and a bit grumpy. Probably has been working 18 hour days since the storm.

PDR guy is probably his cousin too.

g/l
Thanks gonzo. You're right about the first part but I understand since there are probably a ton of claims.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #12
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

At least not here, it's not forbidden to invite them to lunch.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #13
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
At least not here, it's not forbidden to invite them to lunch.
Ha! Then maybe I can find out if they really do have a paintless dent removal policy or whether its discretion!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #14
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

UPDATE: According to a higher up I spoke to at Allstate:

Dentless paint removal is not mandatory policy for all hail claims - so the adjuster lied to me. However, they recommend it if it is applicable

Another person will be looking at the car.
Appreciate 0