BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Elizabeth Warren?

09-01-2019, 07:27 AM   #89
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Law enforcement. Not a personal firearm. I was precise in my wording.

I'll leave y'all to your "cold dead fingers" rants now.
So we can't CCW in Canada, I do own handguns and a few rifles. My wife has a S&W .357 revolver, and I have a Glock 22, 40 S&W with 10 round mags because that's all the government will allow you to own. In the event I needed to pick up a gun for home defence I'd grab the Glock because I am very well trained with it. I know that in high stress situations you need to fall back on your training, muscle memory etc as you'll be coping with loss of fine motor skills and tunnel vision among other things like fear and adrenaline. Accuracy goes for a shit, I don't care who you are. So yes 10 round mags for me, 15 if big brother would let me. A revolver is a good choice as they are easy to shoot, not much to go wrong but I prefer more rounds. If I was allowed to CCW, it would be my Glock, all day, every day.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18027.00
vreihen161141.50

09-01-2019, 07:34 AM   #90
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
So we can't CCW in Canada, I do own handguns and a few rifles. My wife has a S&W .357 revolver, and I have a Glock 22, 40 S&W with 10 round mags because that's all the government will allow you to own. In the event I needed to pick up a gun for home defence I'd grab the Glock because I am very well trained with it. I know that in high stress situations you need to fall back on your training, muscle memory etc as you'll be coping with loss of fine motor skills and tunnel vision among other things like fear and adrenaline. Accuracy goes for a shit, I don't care who you are. So yes 10 round mags for me, 15 if big brother would let me. A revolver is a good choice as they are easy to shoot, not much to go wrong but I prefer more rounds. If I was allowed to CCW, it would be my Glock, all day, every day.
Glocks are as close to revolver reliability as one can get. I've never had a jam or heard, anecdotally, of one jamming. I love mine!

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #91
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Glocks are as close to revolver reliability as one can get. I've never had a jam or heard, anecdotally, of one jamming. I love mine!
I know there are lots of folks who don't care for Glock, but given that most law enforcement carry them and have been for decades must say something. Lots of coppers don't train enough, and don't do proper maintenance, and that's a big reason for Glock being chosen, they always function. The only time you have a problem is when you use bad ammo. I buy cheap range stuff and get the odd mis-fire, but that's a good opportunity to practice dealing with a stoppage.

My wife loves her Smith, and I suspect that'd be her go to for home defence. She's wicked accurate with it, but I know if she had to protect herself that would go for a shit. I get her to shoot a few mags through the Glock whenever we go shooting just to be on the safe side.
Appreciate 2
vreihen161141.50
MKSixer18027.00

09-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #92
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Let's get back on topic. Don't get me wrong I love me some Gun discussions but I would love to hear more liberal wisdom from Jill
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
City Pig6126.00

09-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #93
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Obviously you don't shoot that much. I have owned 3 1911's, 2 Rugars, 2 Smith's, and 3 Glocks and almosti everyone of them has stovepiped or failed to eject including all 3 of my glocks My G43 is very reliable. My G26 needs to back go the factory, it sucks.

My G42 probably had 20 failures in the first several hundred rounds. I didn't return it bc it's normal for that firearm. In the last 6 or 7 thousand rounds I think I had 1 or 2 stovepiped. And it's not a limp wrist problem. A semi should fire with a limp wrist.

A semi is more reliable on the first shot than a revolver. That's why you make the first count. I have had a DW revolver lock up.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #94
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
You both have had PERSONAL FIREARM events where you have NEEDED more than 6 rounds? Wow. I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhoods.
The Corps make you one hell of a marksman but we still load 29 rounds into the mag and keep extras for extra shit. One shit one kill does not always work out so well when your target is on the move and a few hundred meters away.
No civilian should be engaging targets "hundreds of meters" away, ESPECIALLY in any sort of defensive scenario.

So, your point is moot.

Having said that, magazine capacity regulation has been demonstrated to be ineffective at reducing gun crime. The Brady Bill proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18027.00
lakefront237.50

09-01-2019, 10:34 AM   #95
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Obviously you don't shoot that much. I have owned 3 1911's, 2 Rugars, 2 Smith's, and 3 Glocks and almosti everyone of them has stovepiped or failed to eject including all 3 of my glocks My G43 is very reliable. My G26 needs to back go the factory, it sucks.

My G42 probably had 20 failures in the first several hundred rounds. I didn't return it bc it's normal for that firearm. In the last 6 or 7 thousand rounds I think I had 1 or 2 stovepiped. And it's not a limp wrist problem. A semi should fire with a limp wrist.

A semi is more reliable on the first shot than a revolver. That's why you make the first count. I have had a DW revolver lock up.
I've fired 10's of thousands of rounds through Glock, and only ever had any stoppage with shitty ammo. When using good street loads it just works.

As mentioned earlier there is a Fireams thread on this forum and this has been discussed at nauseam over there.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18027.00

09-01-2019, 11:21 AM   #96
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:

Actually no. For the first year after Katrina with all of the looting in BR where I live and MSY, I was shooting about 500 rounds per week to hone my skills. There were numerous break-ins here and I went to my sister's home multiple times in MSY to make certain it stayed clear even though it's in one of the most exclusive gated communities. A few months after Katrina my attorney and I purchased a 382 or so unit apartment complex. We employed Halliburton trained contractors to clear the complex of squatters then managed the process ourselves to stop re-entry.

Your assertion is incorrect. I don't shoot much now, but I was at the range 2-3 days per week for about 4 years. And in my experience with G19s and G22s, they are nearly faultless if properly maintained and serviced.

Cheers-mk

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
City Pig6126.00

09-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #97
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I know there are lots of folks who don't care for Glock, but given that most law enforcement carry them and have been for decades must say something. Lots of coppers don't train enough, and don't do proper maintenance, and that's a big reason for Glock being chosen, they always function. The only time you have a problem is when you use bad ammo. I buy cheap range stuff and get the odd mis-fire, but that's a good opportunity to practice dealing with a stoppage.

My wife loves her Smith, and I suspect that'd be her go to for home defence. She's wicked accurate with it, but I know if she had to protect herself that would go for a shit. I get her to shoot a few mags through the Glock whenever we go shooting just to be on the safe side.
This.

I was shooting crappy Russian ammo quite often because it was CHEAP and still didn't have mis-fires because I meticulously cleaned the weapon after each use. It's no guarantee but it helps.

Appreciate 1
City Pig6126.00

09-01-2019, 12:20 PM   #98
domino
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 350Z Anniversary

Can someone explain to me how warren gets a pass for falsifying being a Native American her whole education/career to further her position in a climate where the left launch campaigns to shut down a white chef cooking Mexican food under the wokeness of cultural appropriation
Appreciate 2
lakefront237.50
City Pig6126.00

09-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #99
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Can someone explain to me how warren gets a pass for falsifying being a Native American her whole education/career to further her position in a climate where the left launch campaigns to shut down a white chef cooking Mexican food under the wokeness of cultural appropriation
Shhhh don't question the narrative. Orange Man Bad is all you need to know.

Warren submitted recipes to a book called Pow Wow Chow that she claimed were passed down from her Cherokee ancestors when in reality they were just plagiarized from a French chef lol what a clown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...echniques.html
Appreciate 2
City Pig6126.00
MKSixer18027.00

09-01-2019, 02:21 PM   #100
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

You guys should go here:
https://www.glockforum.com/forum/account.php

The old timers there will have a laugh or two.

I do love my G42. Its the only pistol I have used in over a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
No civilian should be engaging targets "hundreds of meters" away, ESPECIALLY in any sort of defensive scenario. .
Hard to imagine any scenario where you would shoot at more than 25 feet

Last edited by adc100; 09-01-2019 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
City Pig6126.00

09-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #101
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
You guys should go here:
https://www.glockforum.com/forum/account.php

The old timers there will have a laugh or two.

I do love my G42. Its the only pistol I have used in over a year...
Their anecdotal evidence wouldn't be any more or less compelling than MK's or Grumpy's or yours or mine, though, right?

Also, I prefer the GlockTalk forums.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #102
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:

LOL, just gonna leave this here:

MKSixer18027.00

09-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #103
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post

Oh, for fuck's sake. Search for the Warren thread that was created when the whole uproar started if you want to beat that dead horse some more.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 09:13 AM   #104
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
My first time out at a friend's private shooting range with my first pistol, my friend/instructor thought that it would be a good idea for me to start out at 25 yards (75 feet)...with an out-of-the-box unsighted firearm...and shooting at a tiny handgun target meant for 25 feet (~8 yards). After 40 rounds, he pardoned the paper...with the staple marks as the only hole in it.

Before you laugh, it was actually an eye-opening lesson once I thought about it afterwards. That paper was about the size of center-mass on a person, and the distance was 3-4 room doors away in a school/hospital/hotel hallway. In an active shooter scenario and no practice, I couldn't hit the bad guy from more than one room away! Look at the history of pistol duels @ 10 paces (60 feet), where some ended in stalemates after three shots each with no hits.

Long story short, I don't have any law enforcement or military background, nor do I have any range experience in high-pressure situations. If I were ever in a hallway active shooter engagement, I would probably need more than 6 rounds just to get on target...if I lived long enough to get them all off.....
This is exactly the reality that those of us who disagree with the notion of "more guns make us safer" think of. if you want to fire wildly down your hallway and take out you dog, your wife, the TV, and your 3 kids as you aim for and miss your target by all means that's your right. But this notion that "If only every person in that crowded movie theater, school, church, etc. had been armed, the death count would have been lower" just doesn't add up, based on your experience as a non-military/LEO trained civilian, which the majority of us are.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 09:49 AM   #105
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
This is exactly the reality that those of us who disagree with the notion of "more guns make us safer" think of. if you want to fire wildly down your hallway and take out you dog, your wife, the TV, and your 3 kids as you aim for and miss your target by all means that's your right. But this notion that "If only every person in that crowded movie theater, school, church, etc. had been armed, the death count would have been lower" just doesn't add up, based on your experience as a non-military/LEO trained civilian, which the majority of us are.
Not to mention the conundrum it puts LEOs in when they arrive on scene and find a gunfight going on between multiple parties in, assumedly, multiple locations. How do they differentiate the "bad guys" with the guns from the "good guys" with the guns?
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #106
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Their anecdotal evidence wouldn't be any more or less compelling than MK's or Grumpy's or yours or mine, though, right?

Also, I prefer the GlockTalk forums.
Quite true. The statistical sample is way too small. Shows I can argue against my own knowledge. Another reason against arguing stupidity on forums. Thanks for bringing me to my senses
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #107
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Quite true. The statistical sample is way too small. Shows I can argue against my own knowledge. Another reason against arguing stupidity on forums. Thanks for bringing me to my senses
Well, I can't take any credit for that - you did it all on your own.

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #108
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well, I can't take any credit for that - you did it all on your own.

lol
Appreciate 1