BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Elizabeth Warren?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-01-2019, 07:27 AM   #89
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
City Pig's Avatar
Canada
6126
Rep
1,975
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Law enforcement. Not a personal firearm. I was precise in my wording.

I'll leave y'all to your "cold dead fingers" rants now.
So we can't CCW in Canada, I do own handguns and a few rifles. My wife has a S&W .357 revolver, and I have a Glock 22, 40 S&W with 10 round mags because that's all the government will allow you to own. In the event I needed to pick up a gun for home defence I'd grab the Glock because I am very well trained with it. I know that in high stress situations you need to fall back on your training, muscle memory etc as you'll be coping with loss of fine motor skills and tunnel vision among other things like fear and adrenaline. Accuracy goes for a shit, I don't care who you are. So yes 10 round mags for me, 15 if big brother would let me. A revolver is a good choice as they are easy to shoot, not much to go wrong but I prefer more rounds. If I was allowed to CCW, it would be my Glock, all day, every day.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18027.00
vreihen161141.50

      09-01-2019, 07:34 AM   #90
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
18027
Rep
8,304
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
So we can't CCW in Canada, I do own handguns and a few rifles. My wife has a S&W .357 revolver, and I have a Glock 22, 40 S&W with 10 round mags because that's all the government will allow you to own. In the event I needed to pick up a gun for home defence I'd grab the Glock because I am very well trained with it. I know that in high stress situations you need to fall back on your training, muscle memory etc as you'll be coping with loss of fine motor skills and tunnel vision among other things like fear and adrenaline. Accuracy goes for a shit, I don't care who you are. So yes 10 round mags for me, 15 if big brother would let me. A revolver is a good choice as they are easy to shoot, not much to go wrong but I prefer more rounds. If I was allowed to CCW, it would be my Glock, all day, every day.
Glocks are as close to revolver reliability as one can get. I've never had a jam or heard, anecdotally, of one jamming. I love mine!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #91
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
City Pig's Avatar
Canada
6126
Rep
1,975
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Glocks are as close to revolver reliability as one can get. I've never had a jam or heard, anecdotally, of one jamming. I love mine!
I know there are lots of folks who don't care for Glock, but given that most law enforcement carry them and have been for decades must say something. Lots of coppers don't train enough, and don't do proper maintenance, and that's a big reason for Glock being chosen, they always function. The only time you have a problem is when you use bad ammo. I buy cheap range stuff and get the odd mis-fire, but that's a good opportunity to practice dealing with a stoppage.

My wife loves her Smith, and I suspect that'd be her go to for home defence. She's wicked accurate with it, but I know if she had to protect herself that would go for a shit. I get her to shoot a few mags through the Glock whenever we go shooting just to be on the safe side.
Appreciate 2
vreihen161141.50
MKSixer18027.00

      09-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #92
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3114
Rep
3,616
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Let's get back on topic. Don't get me wrong I love me some Gun discussions but I would love to hear more liberal wisdom from Jill
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
City Pig6126.00

      09-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #93
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1298
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Glocks are as close to revolver reliability as one can get. I've never had a jam or heard, anecdotally, of one jamming. I love mine!
Obviously you don't shoot that much. I have owned 3 1911's, 2 Rugars, 2 Smith's, and 3 Glocks and almosti everyone of them has stovepiped or failed to eject including all 3 of my glocks My G43 is very reliable. My G26 needs to back go the factory, it sucks.

My G42 probably had 20 failures in the first several hundred rounds. I didn't return it bc it's normal for that firearm. In the last 6 or 7 thousand rounds I think I had 1 or 2 stovepiped. And it's not a limp wrist problem. A semi should fire with a limp wrist.

A semi is more reliable on the first shot than a revolver. That's why you make the first count. I have had a DW revolver lock up.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #94
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4770
Rep
4,089
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
You both have had PERSONAL FIREARM events where you have NEEDED more than 6 rounds? Wow. I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhoods.
The Corps make you one hell of a marksman but we still load 29 rounds into the mag and keep extras for extra shit. One shit one kill does not always work out so well when your target is on the move and a few hundred meters away.
No civilian should be engaging targets "hundreds of meters" away, ESPECIALLY in any sort of defensive scenario.

So, your point is moot.

Having said that, magazine capacity regulation has been demonstrated to be ineffective at reducing gun crime. The Brady Bill proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18027.00
lakefront237.50

      09-01-2019, 10:34 AM   #95
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
City Pig's Avatar
Canada
6126
Rep
1,975
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Obviously you don't shoot that much. I have owned 3 1911's, 2 Rugars, 2 Smith's, and 3 Glocks and almosti everyone of them has stovepiped or failed to eject including all 3 of my glocks My G43 is very reliable. My G26 needs to back go the factory, it sucks.

My G42 probably had 20 failures in the first several hundred rounds. I didn't return it bc it's normal for that firearm. In the last 6 or 7 thousand rounds I think I had 1 or 2 stovepiped. And it's not a limp wrist problem. A semi should fire with a limp wrist.

A semi is more reliable on the first shot than a revolver. That's why you make the first count. I have had a DW revolver lock up.
I've fired 10's of thousands of rounds through Glock, and only ever had any stoppage with shitty ammo. When using good street loads it just works.

As mentioned earlier there is a Fireams thread on this forum and this has been discussed at nauseam over there.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18027.00

      09-01-2019, 11:21 AM   #96
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
18027
Rep
8,304
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Obviously you don't shoot that much. I have owned 3 1911's, 2 Rugars, 2 Smith's, and 3 Glocks and almosti everyone of them has stovepiped or failed to eject including all 3 of my glocks My G43 is very reliable. My G26 needs to back go the factory, it sucks.

My G42 probably had 20 failures in the first several hundred rounds. I didn't return it bc it's normal for that firearm. In the last 6 or 7 thousand rounds I think I had 1 or 2 stovepiped. And it's not a limp wrist problem. A semi should fire with a limp wrist.

A semi is more reliable on the first shot than a revolver. That's why you make the first count. I have had a DW revolver lock up.
Actually no. For the first year after Katrina with all of the looting in BR where I live and MSY, I was shooting about 500 rounds per week to hone my skills. There were numerous break-ins here and I went to my sister's home multiple times in MSY to make certain it stayed clear even though it's in one of the most exclusive gated communities. A few months after Katrina my attorney and I purchased a 382 or so unit apartment complex. We employed Halliburton trained contractors to clear the complex of squatters then managed the process ourselves to stop re-entry.

Your assertion is incorrect. I don't shoot much now, but I was at the range 2-3 days per week for about 4 years. And in my experience with G19s and G22s, they are nearly faultless if properly maintained and serviced.

Cheers-mk
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
City Pig6126.00

      09-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #97
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
18027
Rep
8,304
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I know there are lots of folks who don't care for Glock, but given that most law enforcement carry them and have been for decades must say something. Lots of coppers don't train enough, and don't do proper maintenance, and that's a big reason for Glock being chosen, they always function. The only time you have a problem is when you use bad ammo. I buy cheap range stuff and get the odd mis-fire, but that's a good opportunity to practice dealing with a stoppage.

My wife loves her Smith, and I suspect that'd be her go to for home defence. She's wicked accurate with it, but I know if she had to protect herself that would go for a shit. I get her to shoot a few mags through the Glock whenever we go shooting just to be on the safe side.
This.

I was shooting crappy Russian ammo quite often because it was CHEAP and still didn't have mis-fires because I meticulously cleaned the weapon after each use. It's no guarantee but it helps.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
City Pig6126.00

      09-01-2019, 12:20 PM   #98
domino
Enlisted Member
7
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 350Z Anniversary
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Can someone explain to me how warren gets a pass for falsifying being a Native American her whole education/career to further her position in a climate where the left launch campaigns to shut down a white chef cooking Mexican food under the wokeness of cultural appropriation
Appreciate 2
lakefront237.50
City Pig6126.00

      09-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #99
Eriphill
Captain
1276
Rep
991
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Down by the sea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Can someone explain to me how warren gets a pass for falsifying being a Native American her whole education/career to further her position in a climate where the left launch campaigns to shut down a white chef cooking Mexican food under the wokeness of cultural appropriation
Shhhh don't question the narrative. Orange Man Bad is all you need to know.

Warren submitted recipes to a book called Pow Wow Chow that she claimed were passed down from her Cherokee ancestors when in reality they were just plagiarized from a French chef lol what a clown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...echniques.html
Appreciate 2
City Pig6126.00
MKSixer18027.00

      09-01-2019, 02:21 PM   #100
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1298
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

You guys should go here:
https://www.glockforum.com/forum/account.php

The old timers there will have a laugh or two.

I do love my G42. Its the only pistol I have used in over a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
No civilian should be engaging targets "hundreds of meters" away, ESPECIALLY in any sort of defensive scenario. .
Hard to imagine any scenario where you would shoot at more than 25 feet

Last edited by adc100; 09-01-2019 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
City Pig6126.00

      09-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #101
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4770
Rep
4,089
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
You guys should go here:
https://www.glockforum.com/forum/account.php

The old timers there will have a laugh or two.

I do love my G42. Its the only pistol I have used in over a year...
Their anecdotal evidence wouldn't be any more or less compelling than MK's or Grumpy's or yours or mine, though, right?

Also, I prefer the GlockTalk forums.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #102
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12687
Rep
3,644
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I know there are lots of folks who don't care for Glock, but given that most law enforcement carry them and have been for decades must say something. Lots of coppers don't train enough, and don't do proper maintenance, and that's a big reason for Glock being chosen, they always function. The only time you have a problem is when you use bad ammo. I buy cheap range stuff and get the odd mis-fire, but that's a good opportunity to practice dealing with a stoppage.

My wife loves her Smith, and I suspect that'd be her go to for home defence. She's wicked accurate with it, but I know if she had to protect herself that would go for a shit. I get her to shoot a few mags through the Glock whenever we go shooting just to be on the safe side.
LOL, just gonna leave this here:

__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 3
City Pig6126.00
MKSixer18027.00

      09-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #103
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4770
Rep
4,089
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Can someone explain to me how warren gets a pass for falsifying being a Native American her whole education/career to further her position in a climate where the left launch campaigns to shut down a white chef cooking Mexican food under the wokeness of cultural appropriation

Oh, for fuck's sake. Search for the Warren thread that was created when the whole uproar started if you want to beat that dead horse some more.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 09:13 AM   #104
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
5977
Rep
2,608
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
My first time out at a friend's private shooting range with my first pistol, my friend/instructor thought that it would be a good idea for me to start out at 25 yards (75 feet)...with an out-of-the-box unsighted firearm...and shooting at a tiny handgun target meant for 25 feet (~8 yards). After 40 rounds, he pardoned the paper...with the staple marks as the only hole in it.

Before you laugh, it was actually an eye-opening lesson once I thought about it afterwards. That paper was about the size of center-mass on a person, and the distance was 3-4 room doors away in a school/hospital/hotel hallway. In an active shooter scenario and no practice, I couldn't hit the bad guy from more than one room away! Look at the history of pistol duels @ 10 paces (60 feet), where some ended in stalemates after three shots each with no hits.

Long story short, I don't have any law enforcement or military background, nor do I have any range experience in high-pressure situations. If I were ever in a hallway active shooter engagement, I would probably need more than 6 rounds just to get on target...if I lived long enough to get them all off.....
This is exactly the reality that those of us who disagree with the notion of "more guns make us safer" think of. if you want to fire wildly down your hallway and take out you dog, your wife, the TV, and your 3 kids as you aim for and miss your target by all means that's your right. But this notion that "If only every person in that crowded movie theater, school, church, etc. had been armed, the death count would have been lower" just doesn't add up, based on your experience as a non-military/LEO trained civilian, which the majority of us are.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 09:49 AM   #105
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4770
Rep
4,089
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
This is exactly the reality that those of us who disagree with the notion of "more guns make us safer" think of. if you want to fire wildly down your hallway and take out you dog, your wife, the TV, and your 3 kids as you aim for and miss your target by all means that's your right. But this notion that "If only every person in that crowded movie theater, school, church, etc. had been armed, the death count would have been lower" just doesn't add up, based on your experience as a non-military/LEO trained civilian, which the majority of us are.
Not to mention the conundrum it puts LEOs in when they arrive on scene and find a gunfight going on between multiple parties in, assumedly, multiple locations. How do they differentiate the "bad guys" with the guns from the "good guys" with the guns?
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #106
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1298
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Their anecdotal evidence wouldn't be any more or less compelling than MK's or Grumpy's or yours or mine, though, right?

Also, I prefer the GlockTalk forums.
Quite true. The statistical sample is way too small. Shows I can argue against my own knowledge. Another reason against arguing stupidity on forums. Thanks for bringing me to my senses
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #107
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4770
Rep
4,089
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Quite true. The statistical sample is way too small. Shows I can argue against my own knowledge. Another reason against arguing stupidity on forums. Thanks for bringing me to my senses
Well, I can't take any credit for that - you did it all on your own.

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #108
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1298
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Well, I can't take any credit for that - you did it all on your own.

lol
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST