BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion the Jagmeet Singh issue...

09-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback

the Jagmeet Singh issue...

The NDP is tanking, and the talking heads at CBC are raising the spectre of racism. I think they may have it wrong. Canada is not the U.S. with it's strong history of religious dissidence. I rather think Canadians are put off by the open display of Sikhism. Whether I am entitled to draw a distinction between a religious/cultural distaste and racism might be challenged on both the left and the right. But I don't see them as the same thing. Regardless, I think it is clear that the NDP is risking extinction with the current leadership.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 06:05 PM   #2
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

You're not wrong, the NDP has become less relevant as the liberals move farther left. Singh was elected as the NDP thought he'd be a good foil for Trudeau, GQ kind of guy and an actual education and law practice but the liberals have been eating the NDP's lunch for the last few years. The NDP are all jumping ship to the Greens now. We live in interesting times.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 10:38 PM   #3
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d

i dont think the fellow has canada foremost on his mind. Indo canadian families are very tight with their former homelands. I believe that if Jagmeet Singh were to become pm that his focus would be to direct canada to have closer ties with the countries that he and his family and religion came from. That would include trade and immigration. The people and especially his family members would stand to benefit greatly.

Its happened before. When Ujjal Dosanjh became premiere one of his first major actions was to create and sign a $50 million dollar trade deal with the country of his origin. At the time china would have been a far better deal.

I wish him all the best in his bid for pm. Im sure all his extended family members are licking their chops at the prospects of of a family member running a canada. Both here and there.

Sikhs are tight. I respect their community too. What they did for the British empire is deserving of a great deal of thanks. Its why they are able to wear their turbans in our canadian legions and police forces.

He would have to do a great deal of convincing to get my vote.

Im no globalist.
Appreciate 1
Ickdeep3550.00