BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Proof that the media can't be trusted

Today, 06:11 PM   #1
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Proof that the media can't be trusted

We took a trip to NYC a few weeks ago and our family / friends kept reiterating how dangerous the city was. Basically, we would be risking our lives just by taking the subway. Or random attacks of violence everywhere you look.

Well...we got there and were literally shocked at how clean and safe the city was. Took the subway multiple times. I see more homeless bums in Phoenix than I did the entire time in NYC. Saw a few schizos but nothing out of this world.

California is in way worse shape than NYC...like not even close when you're talking about homeless and crazies out on the street.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:22 PM   #2
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90M5

I live in NYC and am surprised at how people always describe it as a living hell-hole. My 14 year old daughter takes the subway to school every day by herself and has been since she was 12.

I visited San Francisco in February and we had a great time and did not find that to be the terrible place that many people say it is.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:32 PM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Love NYC. I've walked around with an obvious camera backpack many, many times and never once felt threatened. Downtown Indianapolis was far worse for panhandlers than NYC.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0