BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Stoner to Honda ... so Rossi to Ducati?

07-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Stoner to Honda ... so Rossi to Ducati?

Lots of rumours. Finally seems its true, but nothing official still.

Anyone follows Moto GP?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Love MotoGP, I've read that Rossi has already been testing and will return in August, pretty impressive after breaking his leg. I'd like to see him move to Ducati, it would be beyond incredible if he won another title for a third manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyV View Post
Love MotoGP, I've read that Rossi has already been testing and will return in August, pretty impressive after breaking his leg. I'd like to see him move to Ducati, it would be beyond incredible if he won another title for a third manufacturer.
Rossi has already win anything, now i think he moves for challenges. A third manufacturer and italian one, i guess his wish
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

rossi was close to getting a seat with the ferrari f1 team so it wouldn't surprise me if he went to ducati
      07-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #5
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Love to see Rossi on the Ducati. It would be his crowning achievement to win with an Italian ride

MotoGP is fierce - love it
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
rockthrower
Registered
Rep
Drives: Blue

Love MotoGP. It always amazes me how these athletes can get healed and right back in the game (race). Love to see Rosi on the Ducati

Last edited by rockthrower; 07-15-2010 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
M3ltdown
Master Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB

Rossi will be leaving Yamaha since he feels that by developing the M1 for Yamaha, he's also helping out his main competitor (his teammate Lorenzo). Looks like Ducati is the only option left for him for a good factory bike. Rossi/Hayden back FTW!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
Bartman619
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

....hopefully Spies to Factory Yamaha M1.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Another MotoGP fan here (even own a SE Tissot MotoGP watch ). Just like Vettel and Webber, there's no space for 2 top contenders on the same team, period. And to be honest, Lorenzo being nearly as good as Rossi now (he's learned fast), but much younger and lighter, he'd end up kicking his a$$ on the same bike. The only 2 sensible options for Rossi is to retire or switch to Ducati, where he'd clearly be the #1 without Stoner around. As much as I'd like to see him win another championship (he's the reason I started watching MotoGP), I doubt he will, but you never know. At least he'd end up his motorcycle racing career on an italian bike. Take care gang.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 01:34 AM   #10
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman619 View Post
....hopefully Spies to Factory Yamaha M1.
This will most definitely happen if Rossi moves to Ducati.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 01:36 AM   #11
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Oh and Pedrosa is a POS midget! I wait for him to highside every race.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Guess your wish came true today (Laguna) . Well, he didn't high-side, but his bike did. And with Rossi still hurt, and Lorenzo running away from everybody else every time, I'd say the championship is pretty much over. And the kid pretty much deserves it; very consistent, hardly ever crashes, and even when he stumbles at the start, ends up winning by a landslide. It's not like when Hayden won the championship (by 1 point) after winning just once (or twice?), mostly because Rossi had several DNFs due to bike trouble. Anyway, hope next season is more fun, especially if all the rumored changed materialize. Looks like Lorenzo will be the next Rossi, but it'd help the sport more if he was more charismatic. Or maybe it's just his crappy english? He should listen to Rosetta Stone while he rides .

Last edited by JCtx; 07-25-2010 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #13
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Thumbs up

Say what you want, but i watched Sunday's race from turn 4 and let me tell you, the doctor was back! No one stirs more emotions from the crowd the Rossi. I also watched the Stoner/ Rossi battle at laguna in 08. Saw the pass on the cork screw with my own eyes - God I love this track and this event!!

As messed up as he was, he performed masterfully. Lorenzo has a long way to go to match up to the legend. And he can thank rossi for the M1, which is dominating everything else in sight.

Next year, with Stoner with HRC, Rossi on a ducati and Lorenzo on the FIAT/Yamaha will make for an outstanding season!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 01:05 AM   #14
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Guess your wish came true today (Laguna) . Well, he didn't high-side, but his bike did. And with Rossi still hurt, and Lorenzo running away from everybody else every time, I'd say the championship is pretty much over. And the kid pretty much deserves it; very consistent, hardly ever crashes, and even when he stumbles at the start, ends up winning by a landslide. It's not like when Hayden won the championship (by 1 point) after winning just once (or twice?), mostly because Rossi had several DNFs due to bike trouble. Anyway, hope next season is more fun, especially if all the rumored changed materialize. Looks like Lorenzo will be the next Rossi, but it'd help the sport more if he was more charismatic. Or maybe it's just his crappy english? He should listen to Rosetta Stone while he rides .
Pederosa was dominating!! But stoner was reeling him in no doubt. Rossi owns the crowd! Lorenzo reminds me of my thumb, or maybe it's vice versa?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #15
iveman89
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

rossi tore it up sunday having had BROKEN HIS LEG and his shoulder messed up! I think he did great for his condition. I dont think anyone could have done what he did.

on a side note did you see Aleix espargaro go down on turn 5!? I thought he went down pretty hard man!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #16
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
Next year, with Stoner with HRC, Rossi on a ducati and Lorenzo on the FIAT/Yamaha will make for an outstanding season!
That's just speculation at this point, right? I thought he signed until 2011 with Yamaha, but could be wrong. He NEEDS the move, so hope it happens. And Spies as Lorenzo's teammate would spice things even more . Can't wait for next season if all that happens.

And yes, Rossi's performance was incredible, but he's not nearly 100%. There's no way he can catch Lorenzo now IMO, unless Lorenzo gets a spell from hell. He'd have to get hurt badly and also miss many races for Rossi to catch up; otherwise he's running away with the title.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #17
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iveman89 View Post
rossi tore it up sunday having had BROKEN HIS LEG and his shoulder messed up! I think he did great for his condition. I dont think anyone could have done what he did.

on a side note did you see Aleix espargaro go down on turn 5!? I thought he went down pretty hard man!
I watched it on the jumbotron, he slid into the bags super hard! But he looked like he walked it off afterwards. Turn 5 is a killer. I watched Lorenzo high side it in 2008. That was hard!

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #18
Subw00er
Bates '08 Interlagos Launch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i xGC, ZL1, JCW

Where did lorenzo come from? I dont remember him being that good in the past..

I'm a Hayden fan, he's got heart! I think he just needs the right bike to suit his style. You can see how much better he is on the Ducati.
      08-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #19
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
Where did lorenzo come from? I dont remember him being that good in the past..
He came from 250 (now moto2) where he was twice champion, and then he moves to motoGP where he was second on the drivers championship the last year on his second season.

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #20
scrufy
Zoom Zoom This
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Short Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post

LOL, yeah I kinda hated him ever since he took out Nicky on the repsol team when Hayden was going for his championship a few years back.
Appreciate 0