BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2014 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

08-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #45
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Indeed!
I think has been my favorite race so far this season

Indeed , Spa is always amazing .
And like I previous said ...Lucky there was no rain today, because the next 3 days there will be rain !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #46
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Boos for Nico at Spa

Deserved or not ? Great race and my favorite driver won but was sorta disappointed with Nico getting booed.
      08-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #47
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox View Post
Deserved or not ? Great race and my favorite driver won but was sorta disappointed with Nico getting booed.
Probably we can combine this thread with the Belgium race thread. We don't really need a separate thread.

Back to your topic, no. No driver deserved to be booed. except awful team order from Ferrari on Schmi and Rubens, and the US Grand Prix of 2005. These are the only incidents I can think of that deserved to be booed.

We've had boos for Vettel last few year. That was unjustified, he was doing his best job with the best car.

And we've got booing for Nico this weekend, all because of the incident on les combs on Turn 2. But afterall, it was a racing incident, a clumsy move that he should've backed out.

So, unless Nico did some intentional sabotage, and devilish actions. He didnt deserve to be booed.
      08-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #48
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Great race. Wolff and Lauda will probably have some conversations with both drivers next week.

Awesome job by Bottas and a great drive from Kimi and Magnussen.
      08-24-2014, 09:16 AM   #49
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Hamilton...what a baby. he got what he wanted
Seriously? His damn teammate decides he wants to try and win the race on the second lap which not only cost Lewis the lead but potentially the race, and you call Lewis a baby? Lewis has driven his ass off this year trying to undo the 'damage' inflicted on his qualifying either by himself or the team; how you could call him a baby with the way he's driven is beyond me. The car had to be retired today since Hamilton was not making up any time as apparently the car had suffered underbody damage from the tyre shredding.
Bish
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #50
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

He deserved to be booed at with that idiotic move! Ruined both his race and especially Hamiltons. Mistakes like that belongs to rookies.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #51
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

He was complaining on the radio more than once about being 16th and wanting to retire the car. It wasn't until after he did that cool down that they finally said "ok, come in." and yes the incident made him lose a lot of downforce.

Regardless of the situation I think more racing and less complaining would have been better for him.

I say all this, but I do like Hamilton
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #52
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
He was complaining on the radio more than once about being 16th and wanting to retire the car. It wasn't until after he did that cool down that they finally said "ok, come in." and yes the incident made him lose a lot of downforce.

Regardless of the situation I think more racing and less complaining would have been better for him.

I say all this, but I do like Hamilton
Well, the team was bidding on any safety car could bring HAM back in the game, and salvage some points. No way he will win it again with damaged floor and ruined aerodymanics on the rear.

I think both the team and HAM opinions both got their points.

I'd like to see their reactions in the post-race debrief.
      08-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #53
jaco
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SSII

Lap 2? He deserved all of it.

2015 Chevy SS In
2011 E90 M3 DCT SSII Out
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #54
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

He did what he's supposed to do. He drove all out. So did Lewis. 50/50 blame there, but "blame" is the wrong word. When you go all out, this stuff is going to happen. Enough whining.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #55
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

All out racing. I like it. HAM got the worst of it again, but that's just the way it is. If the roles had been reversed, people would be praising HAM and saying ROS should have backed out. HAM just is snakebitten this year. Certainly not Rosberg's fault.

Ferrari makes all sorts of personnel changes to cut down on the screwups, then promptly screws up the start of the race. It's a good thing summary executions are a thing of the past in Europe.

Bottas and Ricciardo are both showing incredible ability and poise.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #56
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
All out racing. I like it. HAM got the worst of it again, but that's just the way it is. If the roles had been reversed, people would be praising HAM and saying ROS should have backed out. HAM just is snakebitten this year. Certainly not Rosberg's fault.

Ferrari makes all sorts of personnel changes to cut down on the screwups, then promptly screws up the start of the race. It's a good thing summary executions are a thing of the past in Europe.

Bottas and Ricciardo are both showing incredible ability and poise.
Kimi did rather well, all things considered
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #57
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Interesting and exciting race.

For Rosberg to think he could pass there was just insane. No way he had the speed or time before the corner. So that leaves putting pressure on Lewis which is fine but when you do that you better know how to bail cleanly especially if it's your team mate. I can't help thinking Nico is a better driver than that and that he played dirty, maybe it was just adrenaline from being passed at the start, dirty and reckless none the less.

Hamilton's radio whining does him no favours though. Better if he just calmly acknowledge to himself "so this is it how it is huh? Ok, now I know for sure and plan for it going forward" while keeping cool on the radio. That "Nico hit me!" Radio reminds me of when one of my kids complain about the other...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #58
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

If what I just read is true that Nico admitted in debrief hit Hamilton on purpose to "prove a point" then I retract my statement about him from earlier.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #59
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If what I just read is true that Nico admitted in debrief hit Hamilton on purpose to "prove a point" then I retract my statement about him from earlier.
Wow, where'd you read that? Got a link? That would be significant.

I just watched the replay again and I can't say Nico is to blame. HAM came across to grab the next apex and that was what brought his tire into contact with Nico's wing. I didn't see Nico move towards HAM.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #60
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I just watched the replay again and I can't say Nico is to blame. HAM came across to grab the next apex and that was what brought his tire into contact with Nico's wing. I didn't see Nico move towards HAM.
It's starting to pop up in a few places but I heard it from Will Buxton first
I think GPUPDATE.NET has up something..or they will soon
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #61
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's starting to pop up in a few places but I heard it from Will Buxton first
I think GPUPDATE.NET has up something..or they will soon
Yeah, it's there now, but only HAM saying it. No rebuttal from ROS yet. Could get really nasty from here on out. VET and WEB have nothing on these guys.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #62
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

No offense Mark but Rosberg actually drives for a team, NOT himself. His bonehead move on lap 2(!) could have easily taken both cars out of the race instead of just Hamilton's, and definitely cost the team a Mercedes win.
Bish
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #63
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I heard somewhere during Ted's notebook or interview from SkySports F1, they mentioned something about Nico talked about Bahrain. Sounded like ROS wouldn't let Bahrain race that one go.
      08-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #64
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Hamilton: Rosberg said clash was deliberate

This is interesting.

Quote:
Lewis Hamilton says Nico Rosberg admitted to deliberately causing the clash between the two that resulted in Hamilton retiring from the Belgian Grand Prix.

Hamilton and Rosberg made contact on the second lap at Les Combes after Rosberg left the nose of his car in the corner as it switched back. The incident caused a puncture on Hamilton's car, damaging the floor of the car and eventually forcing him to retire.

Senior management and the drivers met after the race and Hamilton said Rosberg had admitted to causing the accident to prove a point.

"It looked quite clear to me but we just had a meeting about it and he basically said he did it on purpose," he said. "He said he did it on purpose, he said he could have avoided it. He said 'I did it to prove a point', he basically said 'I did it to prove a point'. And you don't have to just rely on me, go and ask Toto [Wolff], Paddy [Lowe] and all those guys who are not happy with him as well.

"I was gobsmacked when I was listening to the meeting. You need to ask him what point he was trying to make."

Hamilton said Rosberg had even tried to blame him initially.

"He just came in there and said it was all my fault. Just came in there..."

The incident came after a team meeting on Thursday that was held to clear the air following the team orders incident in Hungary. Hamilton said he was not sure what had caused Rosberg's actions or what will happen now.

"I can't imagine what the team would do now. We came in to this weekend and I came with a really positive mind thought. I really was excited … we've got eight races and we're close - there's only 11 points in it - and I thought it was going to be good for all of us. Good racing, I thought this was going to be a track that was going to be exciting.

"It's interesting because we had that meeting on Thursday and Nico expressed how angry he was - I was thinking 'It's been three weeks and you've been lingering?!' He expressed how angry he was, he literally sat there and said how angry he was at Toto and Paddy. But I thought we should be good after that and then this result … it's interesting."

Rosberg, who was speaking to the press at the same time as Hamilton, maintained that he saw the event as a racing incident.

"I have seen it and I don't want to say what it definitely is. The stewards' judged it as a racing incident and that's the way that one can describe it."
Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/belgium/motorsp...oBvsSkbKEIp.99
      08-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #65
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, it's there now, but only HAM saying it. No rebuttal from ROS yet. Could get really nasty from here on out. VET and WEB have nothing on these guys.
They made VET and WEB looked like best friends....LOL!!!
      08-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #66
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:

Watch it again. What I see HAM is actually giving Rosberg some space by waiting a split second before entering the left handler vs the optimal racing line while Rosberg is violently turning right carving across HAM's rear tire. Not pretty.
Appreciate 0