BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 Miami GP ticket debacle

12-25-2021, 05:09 PM   #45
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
No way I'd go to Miami for F1 in the first few years. Not only are the prices ridiculous, but it'll be shit show in terms of getting around and overall organization.

If the US/Canada border stays open, Montreal is better than both US sites. Reasonable pricing, no 9/11 security issues (bring in your own cooler full of food/alcohol), and super easy to get around since it's right on the subway line. Even the hotels are reasonably priced.

Waiting to get into/out of Miami and Austin is/will be super frustrating waiting in line with all those cars. No thanks...
You're right,I've been to Montreal and seen the race track on Notre Dame island next to that fast flowing Lawrence river and it looked well placed.
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2022, 04:21 PM   #46
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

I couldn't get Miami so I'm going to Silverstone to cheer on Rus. 3 days in the Silverstone club.
      01-03-2022, 05:54 PM   #47
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
If the US/Canada border stays open, Montreal is better than both US sites. Reasonable pricing, no 9/11 security issues (bring in your own cooler full of food/alcohol), and super easy to get around since it's right on the subway line. Even the hotels are reasonably priced.
Didn't know this, looks like Montreal for me
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50