BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board What are you guys waiting for?

08-12-2019, 02:13 PM   #45
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Waiting for my Alaskan cruise in 2 weeks.

High today in DFW: 103

Anchorage expected high on Mon 8-26: 69
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410957.50
      08-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #46
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Waiting for my Alaskan cruise in 2 weeks.

High today in DFW: 103

Anchorage expected high on Mon 8-26: 69
If you've never been before...you will love it. We spent 3 weeks on our honeymoon in Alaska. We didn't do a cruise though. We flew into Anchorage, pot a rental car and drove down to the Kenai Peninsula. Then we headed north staying 2-3 days and nights at different places and went as far as we could drive. Then came back south on the other side doing the same thing.

We had an event planned in each place such as whale watching, Denali National Park, a Glacier hike, etc.

Everywhere you went was like looking at a photograph.
      08-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #47
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
If you've never been before...you will love it. We spent 3 weeks on our honeymoon in Alaska. We didn't do a cruise though. We flew into Anchorage, pot a rental car and drove down to the Kenai Peninsula. Then we headed north staying 2-3 days and nights at different places and went as far as we could drive. Then came back south on the other side doing the same thing.

We had an event planned in each place such as whale watching, Denali National Park, a Glacier hike, etc.

Everywhere you went was like looking at a photograph.
I'm disappointed we won't make it to Denali. I thought we could drive it from the hotel we were at, but its a 5-6 hour drive. And no rental cars at the place we are staying (Alyeska Hotel, 3 extra days for qualifying for the "presidents club".) Luckily there seems to be some good hiking there.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 03:22 PM   #48
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
I'm disappointed we won't make it to Denali. I thought we could drive it from the hotel we were at, but its a 5-6 hour drive. And no rental cars at the place we are staying (Alyeska Hotel, 3 extra days for qualifying for the "presidents club".) Luckily there seems to be some good hiking there.
We stayed there. If I remember correctly, they have a lift that takes you up above the resort where people hang glide off of. It still had some snow at the top when we went in July. There are a lot of places to hike there...it's beautiful.

Plus you aren't far from Kenai and the Valdez aquarium they put in after the huge oil spill. It's a cool little town especially when the boats come in from fishing and they dress and sell right on the pier. Just be ready for a reenactment of Hitchcock's "The Birds"!

Also it's where the Iditarod used to start from.
      08-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #49
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Congrats dude - that's impressive!
Thank you sir. Although I know it isn't the case, I "feel" like I've gained all of it back in 2 weeks. I feel like I'm huge now. It's going to be a long 4 more weeks; then cut like crazy again to lose the fat I've put on during the bulk. Hopefully the results will be worth the work after 6 weeks.
Appreciate 0