BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion What would you do as president to fix this mess

09-25-2015, 10:16 PM   #111
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Public schools like all government entities are horrible bang for buck. We spend more than any country on education and we are ranked 22nd in results. I am totally against anyone having job security. This means they are at liberty to abuse the system or at least be unproductive. Tenure, unions, etc are horrible examples of this. People should be required to perform to retain their employment period. By removing tenure and by allowing kids to choose to take their school dollars elsewhere, public schools will have to up their game to survive. If they dont, then the remaining kids go to private schools. Doing this a huge number of private schools will grow and replace public ones. These will cost less, be more efficient , affordable, and produce a better product.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #112
ASAP
Stargazing
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Comp HS

Taxes - simplify tax code across the board, eliminate loopholes, Fair tax of 10% across the board...

Coporate taxes - massive penalty for outsourcing or loopholes on not paying your taxes by being based outside of US... (basically it wouldn't be worth it)

^ the above solves jobs as well

Elections - all donors are 100% public knowledge, political silence 1 month before any election, 2 term limits on all offices
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:25 PM   #113
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Unions were created 100 yrs ago as a way to protect the common worker from the evil business owners taking advantage of them. This was before child labor laws and worker safety laws were enacted, sweatshops and long shifts were commonplace, etc. Once these laws were put into place they were changed ito a means to extort higher wages, benefits, etc that are not deserved from businesses. I would abolish private unions if it was feasible as it literally is legalized extortion of businesses. But there is no reason for a union to exist in the government. The union is supposed to protect the worker from the company. The government is also in the "business"of protecting the worker. The result is you have the average teacher in Chicago making $115,000 a year, highest in the country, string for more wages. You have workers who are chronically horrible at their jobs that are now unfirable. Post office for example is rife with these. Public schools. Etc. There is no reason for any union now and especially in the public sector.

Very biased against unions. My girl works for the post office and the union abuse is what's bankrupting it. I grew up in jersey and hated that if I got a construction job or worked at a supermarket bagging groceries that part of my check was forceably taken from me and sent to the local democrats election campaign. That when I went to plug in a normal desk light at the Jacob javits convention center in NYC I was told a union electrician had to and I had to pay him $400 to do it back in 1998. When my friends dad told me a worker at his ford plant couldn't be fired and there was no job to give him so his job was to carry a 2×4 back and forth across the plant for no reason. When organized crime made millions and still does syphoning it off the unionshelf and their pension plans, etc etc etc.

And when the BMW factory workers had unions try to coerce and strong arm them to join UAW and they rejected it knowing they were better off without the unions I applauded them.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-25-2015 at 11:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:34 PM   #114
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

I'm not for new religious landmarks being created. But I am for preserving existing ones. We are on the road that ends with Los Angeles being Los A and St Louis, Louis. A war memorial that has crosses that was erected 150 years ago should not be torn down. That's what the TalIban does when they destroy art treasures all over the middle eas . These are not promotions of a specific religion. They are part of our heritage. Don't like it? To bad. Christmas should be brought back. If someone says happy holidays to me I want to say F-you. I am not religious in any way. I like my Christmas as does all my Jewish friends I've known for decades. Sorry. But people do not have the right to not be offended and the government should protect existing religious mentions as heritage. Unless you want to use white out on the constitution and declaration of independence too.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:37 PM   #115
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

As to not selling to jews example, that's not true. The cake maker who won't bake cakes for gay weddings is a perfect example. He was forced to or be fined out of business. That's bs.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #116
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

I tried to explain my points and answer your questions in the explanations. If you would like a more concise reply please stare a concise question. That said I am pleased that you took the time to read and have real questions and feedback. I absolutely respect that and wish others had the intellectual capacity to do this instead of just mocking. They're the sheep and deserve zero respect. From both sides. The ones who objectively weigh each issue, hear the facts from both sides, and then make a concise decision, regardless of if it is my conclusion or not, are the ones I respect and keep as my personal friends.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:46 PM   #117
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Taxes - simplify tax code across the board, eliminate loopholes, Fair tax of 10% across the board...

Coporate taxes - massive penalty for outsourcing or loopholes on not paying your taxes by being based outside of US... (basically it wouldn't be worth it)

Elections - all donors are 100% public knowledge, political silence 1 month before any election, 2 term limits on all offices
I like all these except I prefer eliminating income tax/flat tax and prefer a consumption tax. Flat tax still has the loophole for people paid under the table, cooked books etc such as illegal immigrants, hookers, drug dealers, etc not having to pay taxes. Consumption or a sales tax makes them pay.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #118
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:

That's not an equitable tax; it's an even tax. The two are not the same things.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #119
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
I tried to explain my points and answer your questions in the explanations. If you would like a more concise reply please stare a concise question. That said I am pleased that you took the time to read and have real questions and feedback. I absolutely respect that and wish others had the intellectual capacity to do this instead of just mocking. They're the sheep and deserve zero respect. From both sides. The ones who objectively weigh each issue, hear the facts from both sides, and then make a concise decision, regardless of if it is my conclusion or not, are the ones I respect and keep as my personal friends.
My questions were concise.
  • What is it about Obamacare that you find so objectionable?
  • How do you reconcile the socially benevolent approach you espouse (below) toward things like prices and university education with your socially Darwinist approach to healthcare?
  • What is your thinking – both morally and economically -- on the following statements?
All people, regardless of their wealth position, in the most productive nation on the planet should have equal access, within their country, to medical treatment and “routine” prophylaxis to the extent that such care falls not within the category of experimental medicine. To that end, the physiological wellbeing of its citizenry should be among the first priorities of any government that spends literally billions of dollars on programs that don’t have anywhere near as direct impact on promoting and ensuring their general welfare.
  • Were you a bully as a child, or is the “might is right” approach to foreign policy something you’ve only come to espouse upon reaching the age of majority, “infallibility” and ethical turpitude?
  • What do you think is “bad” about our relationship with Israel?
  • What would it take to make them “good?”
  • What exactly is intrinsically vital to U.S. (or anyone else who doesn’t live in the land area defined by Israel’s current political boarders) citizens and that cannot be obtained by instead establishing good relations with all the rest of countries in the Middle East, all of which have resources and goods that are more vital to the U.S. way of life than is anything Israel has to export?
  • How [will you "renegotiate trade imbalance to where it is equal."
  • Re: revision of our immigration policy with regard to Mexican immigrants, I wrote, "We already have that policy in place. How would your version differ?"
  • What is your view of governmentally controlled prices?
  • What model of capitalism would you like to see in U.S?
  • When some of the largest corporations pay little to nothing already, why would you bother lowering corporate taxes by half?
  • How, given that currently the top 10% of earners have the top 90% of political influence, do you imagine you’d ever be able to achieve the ends you’ve identified in the two bullets above?
  • Are you suggesting too that the Constitution be amended to expressly grant to the President the “power of the purse” that is currently held in the Ways and Means Committee of the House of Representatives?
  • How would you manage the disparity in financial management savvy among workers?
  • Given potential market volatility, how would you accomplish the end of ensuring that people have at least a minimum sum saved such that they also don’t outlive their retirement savings/Social Secruity?
  • Given the risk profiles associated with market driven investment instruments and investors’ varying tolerance for risk/loss, what makes you think your idea will motivate workers to save more rather than save less (or the bare minimum), particularly insofar as the more one saves, the more risk to which one is exposed?
  • How would you effect the cultural changes needed to shift Americans' overall penchant to be risk averse to being risk takers overall?
  • Aside from moving the responsibility for gun control from the state sector to the federal sector, and expanding the ATF (or creating something akin to it) what would this accomplish?
  • Given the tax cutting you want to effect, how do you propose to pay for these things? Surely you don't think you can issue public debt to finance an expanded military?
  • What is so wrong with tenure?
  • Are you proposing that the government interfere in the operations of private universities more than it already does?
  • Are you instead suggesting that only private universities be permitted to grant tenure?
Yes, there are a lot of questions, but each of them is concise, and each of them was placed in close proximity to the subject to which they pertain. I'm not the one who opted to, in one post, take on damn near every major policy topic in modern political discourse.

I presumed that you were entreating a discussion on all those topics. I'm willing to engage you in such a discussion. If, however, you merely want to tell me what it is you want to tell me, that's fine, just say so. That's a soliloquy not a discussion, but if want to have a wide ranging discussion of ideas, you'll need to directly answer the questions I asked, in addition to stating your positions, so that I can fully understand the nature and extent of your ideas.

Some of the questions I posed because I see some viability to the idea(s) you offered (and to which the question(s) correspond), and I want to better understand them as well as understand how fully you've thought through your idea. Others I asked because I don't see much viability to the idea(s), but there may be some; your answer to my question will indicate to me whether there is, by my reckoning, any.

If you don't want to have a discussion about your ideas, just tell us. I'm happy to remain silent while you just share your ideas. I don't think the forum exists mainly so individuals can express their ideas to the world for blogs do that quite effectively. But if that's how you want to use this forum, far be it from me to tell you not to.

All the best.
P.S.
I haven't read all your individual reply posts. Perhaps you have answered my questions. I'll know over the course of the next day or so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #120
ASAP
Stargazing
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Comp HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009
Quote:

That's not an equitable tax; it's an even tax. The two are not the same things.

All the best.
Well to be clear... I think it's fair.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #121
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Answers
Things I fund objectionable
It cost too much. Half of Medicare was raided to fund it
Rates will increase faster now than before
It does nothing to fix the real problems. Limited competition and high physician insurance
It limits providers
It kills jobs
It requires people to get insurance they don't need
It gives the government control of 1/6th of the economy
It is disuading students from perusing their dream of being a doctor
As many people lost insurance as gained it
Higher deductibles
Etc etc etc
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #122
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

I am benevolent toward both. Obama care hurts people. The old system with slight tweets would have been far better, cost way less, and uninsured could have been insured with the savings with money left over.
Obama care wasn't about getting people insured. It was a power grab and campaign contributor payoff pure and simple. More people would be insured with my system than yours. The statement applies to you.

I explained my rationale for being a military bully toward Islamic radical countries and economic bully to China. Obama nievely tries to act the same toward every country. But each country is governed by a different set of moral and cultural rules and you need to modify your approach accordingly. In the case of Iran they only respect strength. Etc. Reread my explanations. No I never was nor am I now a bully and these aren't bully tactics. They are what is required to have respect and serious negotiations not the joke we just had.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-26-2015 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 08:35 PM   #123
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

On Thursday, the press announced that the Obama administration would fully consider abandoning Israel in international bodies like the United Nations.

According to reports, President Obama finally called Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to congratulate him – but the “congratulations” was actually a lecture directed at forcing Netanyahu to surrender to the terrorist Palestinian regime.

For some odd reason, many in the media and Congress reacted with surprise to Obama’s supposedly sudden turn on Israel. The media, in an attempt to defend Obama’s radicalism, pretend that Netanyahu’s comments in the late stages of his campaign prompted Obama’s anti-Israel action.

But, in truth, this is the culmination of a longtime Obama policy of destroying the US-Israel relationship; Obama has spent his entire life surrounded by haters of Israel, from former Palestine Liberation Organization spokesman Rashid Khalidi to former Jimmy Carter National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski, pro-Hamas negotiator Robert Malley to UN Ambassador Samantha Power (who once suggested using American troops to guard Palestinians from Israelis), Jeremiah Wright (who said “Them Jews ain’t going to let him talk to me”) to Professor Derrick Bell (“Jewish neoconservative racists…are undermining blacks in every way they can”). Here is a concise timeline, with credit to Dan Senor and the editors of Commentary:

February 2008: Obama says while campaigning, ‘There is a strain within the pro-Israel community that says unless you adopt an unwavering pro-Likud approach to Israel that you’re anti-Israel.” At the time, as Dan Senor pointed out in The Wall Street Journal, Israel was run by the Kadima government run by Ehud Olmert, Tzipi Livni, and Shimon Peres, and was attempting desperately to bring the Palestinians to the table. Instead, the Palestinians launch war, as always.

June 2008: Obama tells the American Israel Public Affairs Conference that Jerusalem ought to remain undivided, attempting to woo Jewish votes. He then walks that back the next day, saying only that the capital shouldn’t be divided by barbed wire.

March 2009: The Obama administration reverses the Bush era policy of not joining the United Nations Human Rights Council. Secretary of State Clinton said, “Human rights are an essential element of American global foreign policy,” completely neglecting the UNHRC’s abysmally anti-Semitic record. The Washington Post reported that the administration joined the Human Rights Council even though they conceded that it “has devoted excessive attention to alleged abuses by Israel and too little to abuses in places such as Darfur, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.”

May 2009: Obama tells Netanyahu that “settlements have to be stopped in order for us to move forward.” Netanyahu announces a settlement freeze to comply. The Palestinians refuse to negotiate. Obama then slams Israel: “they still found it very hard to move with any bold gestures.”

June 2009: Obama tells the world in his infamous Cairo speech that Israel was only created based on Jewish suffering in the Holocaust. He then says that Palestinians have been similarly victimized by the Jews: “They endure the daily humiliations – large and small – that come with occupation. So let there be no doubt: the situation for the Palestinian people is intolerable. America will not turn our backs on the legitimate Palestinian aspiration for dignity, opportunity, and a state of their own.”

July 2009: Obama threatens to put “daylight” between the United States and Israel. He tells Jewish leaders, “Look at the past eight years. During those eight years, there was no space between us and Israel, and what did we get from that?” Except for Israel forcibly removing thousands of Jews from the Gaza Strip, the election of Hamas, and the launch of war by the Palestinians and Hezbollah, nothing happened. Obama then lectures the Jews about the need for Israeli “self-reflection.” The same month, Obama tells CNN that the United States would “absolutely not” give Israel permission to strike Iran’s nuclear facilities.

September 2009: Obama tells the United Nations that “America does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements.” Obama’s definition of Israeli settlements, as the world soon learned, included building bathrooms in a home already owned by Jews in East Jerusalem. Obama offers no serious criticism of the Palestinians.

March 2010: Obama follows up on his threatening language about settlements by deploying Vice President Joe Biden to Israel, where Biden rips into the Israelis for building bathrooms in Jerusalem, the eternal Jewish capital. Hillary Clinton then yells at Netanyahu for nearly an hour on the phone, telling him he had “harmed the bilateral relationship.” David Axelrod calls the building plans an “insult” to the United States. When Netanyahu visits the White House a week and a half later, Obama makes him leave via a side door.

April 2010: Obama refuses to prevent the Washington summit on nuclear proliferation from becoming an Arab referendum on the evils of Israel’s nukes.

June 2010: An anonymous “US defense source” leaks to the Times of London that Israel had cut a deal with the Saudis to use their airspace to strike Iran. The deal is scuttled.

May 2011: The State Department labeled Jerusalem not a part of Israel. The same month, Obama demanded that Israel make concessions to the Palestinians based on the pre-1967 borders, which Israelis call the “Auschwitz borders” thanks to their indefensibility.

November 2011: Obama and French president Nicolas Sarkozy are caught on open mic ripping Netanyahu, with Sarkozy stating, “I can’t stand him, he’s a liar,” and Obama replying, “You’re tired of him? What about me? I have to deal with him every day.”

December 2011: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton rips into the State of Israel, stating that it is moving in the “opposite direction” of democracy. She said that Israel reminded her of Rosa Parks, and that religious people not listening to women sing – a millennia-long policy among some segments of the Orthodox – reminds her of extremist regimes, adding that it seemed “more suited to Iran than Israel.“

February 2012: Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta tells David Ignatius at the Washington Post that the possibility he worried about most was that Israel would strike Iran. The Post then adds, “Panetta believes there is a strong likelihood that Israel will strike Iran in April, May or June – before Iran enters what Israelis described as a ‘zone of immunity’ to commence building a nuclear bomb.” The goal: to delay any potential Israeli strike.

March 2012: NBC News somehow gains information from “senior Obama administration officials” that Israel had financed and trained the Iranian opposition group Mujahideen-e-Khalq, and adds that the Obama administration had nothing to do with hits on Iranian nuclear scientists. More daylight. More leaks. The same month, Foreign Policy receives information from “four senior diplomats and military intelligence officers” that the “United States has recently been granted access to Iran’s northern border.” Foreign Policy also reports that a “senior administration official” has told them, “The Israelis have bought an airfield, and the airfield is Azerbaijan.” Again, a potential Israeli strike is scuttled. The same day as the Foreign Policy report, Bloomberg reports a Congressional Research Service report stating that Israel can’t stop Iran’s nuclear program in any case. Columnist Ron Ben-Yishai of Yidioth Ahronoth writes that the Obama administration wants to “erode the IDF’s capacity to launch such strike with minimal casualties.”

June 2012: In an attempt to shore up the Jewish vote, top members of the Obama administration, including Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and then-CIA director Leon Panetta were quoted by David Sanger of The New York Times talking about the President’s supposedly deep involvement in the Stuxnet plan to take out Iran’s nuclear reactors via computer virus. Until that point, it had been suspected but not confirmed that Stuxnet was an Israeli project. The Obama administration denied leaking the information. A year later, the State Department released emails showing that Sanger had corresponded regularly with all the top Obama officials, including correspondence on Stuxnet.

December 2012: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton speaks at the Saban Forum on US-Israel Relations, where she says that Israelis have a “lack of empathy” for Palestinians, and that the Israelis need to “demonstrate that they do understand the pain of an oppressed people in their minds.”

March 2013: Obama forces Netanyahu to call Islamist Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan to apologize for Israel’s actions to stop a terrorist-arming flotilla from entering the Gaza Strip to aid Hamas. Erdogan had recently labeled Zionism racism.

May 2013: Members of the Obama Pentagon leak information that Israel attacked the Damascus airport to stop a shipment of weapons to terrorist groups. Obama officials actually had to apologize for this leak, since it endangered American lives. They blamed “low-level” employees.

June 2013: The Obama administration leaks specific information regarding Israeli Arrow 3 anti-ballistic missile sites. Weeks later, US sources tell CNN that Israel attacked a Syrian installation full of Russian-provided missiles. The same month, “American intelligence analysts” tell the New York Times that Israeli strikes had not been effective. All that information was classified.

June 2014: Three Jewish teenagers are kidnapped, including an American, and murdered by Hamas. The Obama administration immediately calls on Israel for restraint, and says it will continue to work with a Palestinian unity government including Hamas. State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki says that the Obama administration wants “the Israelis and the Palestinians continue to work with one another on that, and we certainly would continue to urge that… in spite of, obviously, the tragedy and the enormous pain on the ground.” Throughout the ensuing Gaza War, in which Hamas fired rockets at Israeli civilians and tunnels were uncovered demonstrating Hamas’ intent to kidnap Israeli children, the Obama administration criticized Israel’s prosecution of the war.

August 2014: In the middle of a shooting war, Obama stopped weapons shipment to Israel. According to the Wall Street Journal, Obama found out that Israel asked the Defense Department for shipments of Hellfire missiles. Obama personally stepped in and blocked the shipments.

October 2014: Jeffrey Goldberg, court Jew for the Obama administration, releases an article in The Atlantic quoting Obama officials calling Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a “chickenshit.” Goldberg, naturally, blames Netanyahu (of course, he also wrote in 2008 that any Jew who feared Obama on Israel was an “obvious racist”).

January 2015: Obama deploys his campaign team to defeat Netanyahu in Israel. A group titled “One Voice,” funded by American donors, pays for the Obama campaign team, led by Obama 2012 field director Jeremy Bird. The announcement comes days after Speaker of the House Rep. John Boehner (R-OH)35%
’s invite to Netanyahu to speak before a joint session of Congress. Obama quickly announced he would not meet with Netanyahu, making the excuse that the meeting would come too close to the election.

March 2015: Netanyahu wins. Obama refuses to call him to congratulate him for two days. When he does, he threatens to remove American support in the international community, even as he moves to loosen sanctions and weapons embargoes on Iran.

Nothing has changed. Obama is who he always was. The mask has simply been removed.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #124
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Revise agreements with tariff and sanctions until they are equal. Gotta play HARD ball
I answered these if you read.
Government controlled prices, no
Capitalism free market
Many corporations pay no taxes because they leave period and put a corporate hq in Ireland for example. I answered this too. Read. By lowering taxes they come back and go from paying zero to some. You will collect more tax money if you lower taxes due to more companies paying tax.
I answered all these questions already if you read.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #125
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M) (15 M3 YMB,)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Well, Boehner just resigned. Last day October 30th.
Feeling too much heat I suppose.
constant crying, he makes us look week, cry at a funeral....fine by me, this dude cries because he saw a double rainbow
      09-26-2015, 09:12 PM   #126
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M) (15 M3 YMB,)

Quote:
Public schools like all government entities are horrible bang for buck. We spend more than any country on education and we are ranked 22nd in results. I am totally against anyone having job security. This means they are at liberty to abuse the system or at least be unproductive. Tenure, unions, etc are horrible examples of this. People should be required to perform to retain their employment period. By removing tenure and by allowing kids to choose to take their school dollars elsewhere, public schools will have to up their game to survive. If they dont, then the remaining kids go to private schools. Doing this a huge number of private schools will grow and replace public ones. These will cost less, be more efficient , affordable, and produce a better product.
you are going to have the cops run around with no union so when the shit goes down the city can jam it up there ass. I hope if your world happens and one day you need that cop to go above and beyond and you get to see what shows up....Paul blart (look at the latest crime stats for purple city...radio cop..when a city fails to stand behind the dept that's what you get) seems in your world you would rule with an iron fist...good luck with recruitment. you see the inflated salaries with OT but you don't under stand the stress.

Tort reform has good and bad points... I dont agree with it just because it takes tons of pressure off the insurance companies...with the bill of an injured person are larger than what is set as the ceiling the govt picks up the bill

Case in point: Hot coffee lady. staple of frivolous lawsuit.... many dont know she almost died and that the coffee was so hot it melted the cup which was between her legs. The PR compagin from McDonals was great spinning it as a woman who didnt know coffee was hot. The coffee machine was broken making the water hotter than intended

09-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #127
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
constant crying, he makes us look week, cry at a funeral....fine by me, this dude cries because he saw a double rainbow
I wouldn't mind if he wasn't the master cave in to Obama that he was. Constantly. The American public made him majority leader and gave him a surplus of conservative republican congressmen to stop Obama and they've done nothing because he says why do it if Obama is going to veto. That's the point. Force him to veto. Then the public can't say they do nothing. Instead Obama and his crony congressmen need to put their name to saying no to all the legislation. They become the obstructionists.

What he didn't get isthe outcome is the same but the perception of trying is what the people want. Now they blame republicans for not doing anything instead of blaming democrats for stopping the repair of the damage.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 11:03 PM   #128
SoCal235
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235

Quote:
Some BS...The American public made him majority leader...and more BS
Odd, I don't recall voting for a House Majority leader, that wasn't on the ballot here in California.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 12:04 AM   #129
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

What's the max temp water can reach? If handed a cup past that temp and melting the cup do you snuggle it between your legs? What happens if passed the max temp? Lot of conspiracy bs here.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:24 AM   #130
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
you are going to have the cops run around with no union so when the shit goes down the city can jam it up there ass. I hope if your world happens and one day you need that cop to go above and beyond and you get to see what shows up....Paul blart (look at the latest crime stats for purple city...radio cop..when a city fails to stand behind the dept that's what you get) seems in your world you would rule with an iron fist...good luck with recruitment. you see the inflated salaries with OT but you don't under stand the stress.

Tort reform has good and bad points... I dont agree with it just because it takes tons of pressure off the insurance companies...with the bill of an injured person are larger than what is set as the ceiling the govt picks up the bill

Case in point: Hot coffee lady. staple of frivolous lawsuit.... many dont know she almost died and that the coffee was so hot it melted the cup which was between her legs. The PR compagin from McDonals was great spinning it as a woman who didnt know coffee was hot. The coffee machine was broken making the water hotter than intended

I think body cams first off will help cops a ton. But second, you don't need a union to protect cops. Set up a body that represents cops but only in matters like being sued for police brutality, etc. Not negotiate salaries or benefits.

As for coffee lady, I didn't say it was silly. But there are far too many BS cases that get settled that jack up insurance. For example, why not introduce the ability to collect legal fees to cover your defence if the person suing you was found to be doing it frivolously and without merrit. Why should a doc have to pay tens of thousands for defending themselves against someone who just is trying to get a payday? This happened to me and my insurance company and is super common. And reform wouldn't help the insurance companies.in the least. They just pass the added costs onto the insurance purchaser. Same with "sticking it to the banks" I don't get how people are happy about things that force banks to discount something or fine them. The banks just jack up fees to cover it and move on screwing us.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:26 AM   #131
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal235 View Post
Odd, I don't recall voting for a House Majority leader, that wasn't on the ballot here in California.
I knew some dumb ass would post this. It was a test to see who is serious about the discussion and who wants to pick nits. We made him majority leader by electing a majority of Republicans to the house.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:31 AM   #132
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
What's the max temp water can reach? If handed a cup past that temp and melting the cup do you snuggle it between your legs? What happens if passed the max temp? Lot of conspiracy bs here.
In this particular instance I agree. Mcdonaldso keeps there coffee at 180 degrees. Anything higher is a malfunction or loll event. The individual franchise owner should have been responsible, not corporate. And zero chance any water based liquid can reach a temp to melt a cup. The rest if the world laughs at our culture of frivolous lawsuits. Dems touted how great the Healthcare system is in Europe but no way you could sue there like you could here. Can't have it both ways.right now over half the cost of your Healthcare bill is to pay for doctors insurance.
Appreciate 0