BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Friend/Fellow poster needs help. Do the right thing.

07-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep
Drives: carefully

Friend/Fellow poster needs help. Do the right thing.

A friend and a fellow board member needs help from all of us, please take the time out to do this. Will take you all of 5 minutes and you'll be contributing to a good cause.

Many thanks in advance.

This was the original thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459595

Now see below:

Quote:

Gluck's Need Your Help!!!

I was going to open this letter by saying that my family needs your help. But that wouldn’t be true. The truth is, everybody needs your help.

On the night of November 27, 2010, I was driving with Lindsay and our close friends, Mark & Karyn Scholack. We were driving Westbound on Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton, when without warning, an SUV crossed over the double yellow line and struck our car. As you’ll see in the attached photos, the side of our car was basically sheared off (and yes, that is the blood of my wife on the running boards).

Fortunately, we all exited the car, but unfortunately, there were significant injuries. My wife was covered in blood from her forehead to her neck. Karyn, pregnant at the time, was lying on the pavement having difficulty breathing.

It took what seemed like an eternity for the ambulance to arrive. Once at the hospital, we were given the truth about the girls’ injuries. Lindsay had suffered a severely broken nose, contusions to her knees and fractures to her eye socket. Karyn had suffered a cracked rib.

My wife has multiple surgeries to correct her injuries, with one final surgery scheduled for this year. She wasn’t able to pick up our one year old son for month, a heartbreaking side-effect for both my wife and for our baby.

Karyn suffered through her pregnancy with a cracked rib and, worse, living for 7+ months worrying about whether or not the impact had done any damage to her unborn child.

When the officer approached the other vehicle he found the driver to be obviously drunk. She failed a field sobriety test and refused a breathalyzer. As an added bonus, a Starbuck’s Cup with her name written on it was filled with red wine. The driver was arrested on the spot.

The drivers name is Charlotte Depersia and she has been arrested for DUI multiple times. She was charged with:
  • Felony DWI
  • Vehicular Assault
  • Driving with an open container
  • Crossing the median
She was indicted unanimously, and having no obvious defense, Miss Depersia has pleaded guilty to all four counts against her. She is due to be sentenced on August 23rd.

If you are not sickened by this story yet, you will be now.

The judge in this case, Judge William Condon, has conditionally promised Charlotte Depersia that she will not need to serve any jail time for this offense. Instead, he plans to sentence Charlotte to probation and some type of community service.

Think about that for a moment. We are talking about somebody who has been convicted of drinking and driving multiple times, and has now caused serious injuries. Obviously, probation, which she has received before, proved to be absolutely no deterrent what-so-ever. Shouldn’t this person be sentenced to spend at least some time behind bars?

Charlotte Depersia is extremely well known in the community, as her estranged husband, Gary Depersia, is the top real estate broker on the East End. Charlotte’s lawyer is the former head of the Suffolk County Bar Association. We must convince Judge Condon, that regardless of Miss Depersia’s high standing in the community, that she must receive proper punishment….Jail time.

And that is where I need to ask for your help.

I ask that you take five minutes and the cost of a stamp to mail Judge Condon a letter (or five letters) urging him to send Miss Depersia to Jail. The judge’s address is as follows:
Honorable William J. Condon
Supreme Court, Suffolk County
210 Center Drive
Riverhead, NY 11901
In our town, in just the last week alone, a drunk driver critically injured a bicyclist when he ran off the road and, just a mile away from that scene, a young man just hours after his high school graduation was killed when his friend with whom he had been drinking, drove off the road into a parked car.

Please help take these drivers off the road. It could be you, or your friends, or your family, or your children, who are the next innocent victims.

Thank you in advance.

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
It would be my ABSOLUTE PLEASURE to write a long and lengthy letter for this. I will happily state many cases of police corruption i have seen with DIY's due to a persons status. There is nothing that boils my blood more than drunk drivers. Im just glad everyone is ok, but holy shit those damages are quite extensive! those poor ladies!!!! thats no joke....

once again, its my pleasure to help. Im sure at least 10 people here can write a letter.

This her? Im going to ask her how she can even pretend like she wasnt drunk. because she claims she was never drunk.

http://www.facebook.com/cjdepersia
      07-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
It would be my ABSOLUTE PLEASURE to write a long and lengthy letter for this. I will happily state many cases of police corruption i have seen with DIY's due to a persons status. There is nothing that boils my blood more than drunk drivers. Im just glad everyone is ok, but holy shit those damages are quite extensive! those poor ladies!!!! thats no joke....

once again, its my pleasure to help. Im sure at least 10 people here can write a letter.

This her? Im going to ask her how she can even pretend like she wasnt drunk. because she claims she was never drunk.

http://www.facebook.com/cjdepersia
The picture from her FB profile is at least 30 years old. Who is she trying to fool?

this is her now

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
And i quote articles:

In addition to the felony DWI charge, DePersia was also charged with first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, also a felony, for driving with a suspended license based on a prior misdemeanor DWI conviction.

On April 21, 2008, DePersia crashed her vehicle and broke her wrist in East Hampton Village, and was arrested on a misdemeanor DWI

According to records in East Hampton Town Justice Court, DePersia was first arrested on a DWI charge in 2003. She pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of driving while ability impaired, a violation, and paid a $535 fine.

Proof of her defense, claiming she wasnt drunk.

Tad Scharfenberg of Bohemia said he doesn't believe his client was drinking and driving on Saturday night when Southampton Town police said her Land Rover collided with a BMW on Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton. "From what I can see, I don't believe she's committed a crime. I don't believe she was intoxicated," he said.

DePersia, a director of sales at Corcoran in East Hampton, did not submit to a breathylzer test to measure her blood alcohol amount following her arrest.

DePersia had "slurred speech and strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on her breath," according to the complaint, and was "unsteady on her feet." On the night of the collision, DePersia allegedly said to officers: "I had an accident. I hit the other car; I hope I didn't hurt anyone in the other car."

The source said she injured all four passengers inside the BMW, including a pregnant woman, but they are currently in stable condition.

Her husband, Gary DePersia, an associate broker with Corcoran, also based in the East Hampton office, was arrested in April 2009, also on DWI charges. He told The Real Deal that the case was closed and declined to comment further on that or his wife's case, other than to say the couple had separated.

What pisses me off even more, is that shes a real estate agent as well. As if people dont fucking hate realtors already. No respect for her or her husband Gary, fucking drunks.
      07-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
OP have u tried to contact the media? Get some press on this to pressure the judge if you can.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
OP have u tried to contact the media? Get some press on this to pressure the judge if you can.
yeah he could, but in the meantime, you can send out a nice little letter to the judge yourself before august 25th. Just a paragraph is all.
      07-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

i wrote a paragraph. will send later.

How should I head it? Do I have to sign it? Never written a letter to a judge before
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #8
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Do you guys really think a Judge has time to read all the letters people send them, imagine how many the Judge from the Casey Anthony trial received. You're wasting your time

Last edited by CollinsE90; 07-08-2011 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #9
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
^^^

if this bitch kills someone else the next time she does a DUI I can at least say "hey, at least i tried".
      07-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Trying is ok, but the judge wont make a judgment based off of someone sending him a letter. Or Casey Anthony would of been convicted the day she walked into court 3 years ago.
      07-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Trying is ok, but the judge wont make a judgment based off of someone sending him a letter.
I know. But I can say how corrupt the system is, and how ive personally seen many affluent people get off of DUI charges simply because of their address on their license.

and thats just one good example. Im simply demanding justice, 3 strikes the bitch should be out.
      07-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

there's nothing you can really do.

judge already handed out his ruling.

sucks to know that people with money and a good defense attorney can get away with anything they want.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Trying is ok, but the judge wont make a judgment based off of someone sending him a letter. Or Casey Anthony would of been convicted the day she walked into court 3 years ago.
One can try.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #14
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Is the judge appointed or elected? If he's elected then go after him. Embarrass him, humiliate him, get him voted out of office. If he's appointed then embarrass and humiliate whoever it is that appointed him.
      07-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #15
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I think there's some confusion; although she has plead guilty the sentencing phase hasn't started...there's wiggle room there, but unfortunately it sounds like the judge has already made up his mind.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #16
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I sent in a letter.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #17
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Is there a public record website in NewYork similar to what we have here in MD http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us...uiry-index.jsp
If so it would be nice to copy her previous convictions in the letter.

I think the judge might rethink his decision if his office was filled with bags of mail about this case.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #18
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep
Drives: carefully

Hey guys,

Just got a chance to check this... Thank you for the support.

Although sending the letters won't guarantee anything, we can at least, as a community, help out. Even if it doesn't work, we can say we made an effort.

The bottom line is that this person shouldn't be allowed to drive, ever. And should receive the appropriate punishment for almost killing a family.

Thank you again.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #19
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Local media would be the best bet, get some airtime on the case. I'll PM you the name and contact info of a reporter I know in NYC see if he can point you in the right direction.

If she is a Realtor try complaining to her local board of Realtors too.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #20
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
I sent hate mail
Appreciate 0