BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos What would you do if a homeless guy scratched your car?

10-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #45
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
I remember you mentioning there was good bmw body shop that does good work and cost effective then dealer. Is there one in seattle?
Yes there is: http://www.holmansbodyandfendershop.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 11:05 AM   #46
Melroon
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0

Let it go, your time is more valuable dealing with other issues
Appreciate 1
Torgus3779.00
      10-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #47
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mazda3, vw passat, suzuki vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Quote:
I remember you mentioning there was good bmw body shop that does good work and cost effective then dealer. Is there one in seattle?
Yes there is: http://www.holmansbodyandfendershop.com/
Great did you go to this place for most of your fixes and how did you find them?

And what do you think is savings in terms of percentage compare to dealer?

Just wanna be ready for things to come down the road. And also know my car better via youtube here etc.

Past i used to go dealer always and realize some things can be done yourself and some can be cut in half the cost or more going respexted third party
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 12:48 PM   #48
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
I was driving in downtown Seattle and the car in front of me - a Toyota Prius, I think - stopped to take a right turn. Then a homeless guy with a shopping cart didn't time it well, hit the back bumper, and just moved on like nothing happened. The lady in the car didn't seem to mind as she just drove off.

If it was your car what would you do? Since I was right behind her, I was thinking to myself, “What would I do?” The guy has no insurance and probably no ID. It will leave a mark obviously, and insurance deductible might not be worth the hassle.
Nothing. Chalk it up as bad luck, and have it repaired. There is no way you are going to get any money out of a homeless guy.....
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 01:06 PM   #49
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Great did you go to this place for most of your fixes and how did you find them?

And what do you think is savings in terms of percentage compare to dealer?

Just wanna be ready for things to come down the road. And also know my car better via youtube here etc.

Past i used to go dealer always and realize some things can be done yourself and some can be cut in half the cost or more going respexted third party
I am afraid to say that I have used them twice. They did. An excellent job both times. The dealer does not have a body shop so they aren’t an option.

Holman Body was recommended to me by a friend. The first time I used them I got estimates from two other shops. Holman was cheaper. They also have excellent reviews.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 02:30 PM   #50
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Been there done that. Homeless, ranting, naked woman banged on my hood and damaged it. Not much to do in that circumstance. Got the hood fixed and went about my life.
      10-24-2019, 05:07 PM   #51
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Anyone have squeegee kids on their commute ?

I’ve never had a problem with them. I just let them clean and pay them, they even maybe change.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/marylan...ed~curatedpage
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #52
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfall View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
It's a homeless guy with a shopping cart. What assets do you think you are going to get?

You're throwing away the $75 filing fee for small claims court and wasting your time.
I'm obviously joking lol. I'm not sure what kind of reply the op is looking for. If it was literally a homeless, one can't expect much other than just letting it go.
Nothing is obvious these days. I get calls all the time from mentally ill people who want to file lawsuits over "gangstalking," which is a new term for paranoid delusions. Those folks used to talk to themselves, but now they congregate in chat rooms and fuel their collective insanity.

I just tell them to see a psychiatrist because there are new medications that can block the effects of psychotronic mind control. If I'm in a really bad mood, I whisper, "What are you doing? Now they know you're talking to me. I will never be safe again. Don't ever call back."

A woman called my office to ask if she could sue someone for $7.85. Her kid found a phone and mailed it to the owner, who promised to pay, but hadn't sent a check.

"Lady, are you kidding? I charge that much for a minute of my time... and you've used up ten of those. Teach your kid the value of doing something decent... instead of turning him into one of the freaks who shows up on TV shows like Dr. Phil."
Appreciate 3
      10-25-2019, 03:03 PM   #53
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Anyone have squeegee kids on their commute ?

I’ve never had a problem with them. I just let them clean and pay them, they even maybe change.
There have been squeegee men in San Francisco for years. They usually leave your windshield worse than it was before.

Years ago, there were always kids on their bicycles who would meet Americans coming across the bridge from El Paso to Ciudad Juarez and offer to "take you to the marketplace" for some spare change.

One time, some of the kids told my uncle they would watch his car for fifty cents. He paid up, thinking it was a shakedown, like paying protection money to the mob.

When he came back, he realized they were offering to WASH his car. He felt guilty that he didn't give them more money because they did a great job and it was cleaner than he had ever seen it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #54
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
There have been squeegee men in San Francisco for years. They usually leave your windshield worse than it was before.

Years ago, there were always kids on their bicycles who would meet Americans coming across the bridge from El Paso to Ciudad Juarez and offer to "take you to the marketplace" for some spare change.

One time, some of the kids told my uncle they would watch his car for fifty cents. He paid up, thinking it was a shakedown, like paying protection money to the mob.

When he came back, he realized they were offering to WASH his car. He felt guilty that he didn't give them more money because they did a great job and it was cleaner than he had ever seen it.
I meant to say the squeegee kids make change if you don’t have small bills.

That’s great the kids did a quality wash.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 06:15 PM   #55
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Which airbrush you use? Link? And do you just out factory touch up pain in the canister or somethjng? I ws thinking along the lines of hobby airbrush or something?
The problem with that is that some colors are multiple layers. My mineral white, and any other metallic, is three layers apparently. I got a touchup kit to try to fix tiny dings in the paint. Haven’t used it yet, but to match my paint is a three-layer process.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 10:59 PM   #56
TNTMYM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW e90 M3

Definitely would be a BUMmer if it happened to me, first call would be to my insurance company, then local PD for a police report, insurance usually will ask for the report. I would make sure the officer takes note of the “key” damage on the top (near the sun damage), hood and front bumper (near all the rock chips) and explain how the homeless gentlemen must have had his keys in his back pocket as he used my car as a slide immediately after swiping my rear bumper with his shopping cart.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 01:29 AM   #57
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTMYM3 View Post
Definitely would be a BUMmer if it happened to me, first call would be to my insurance company, then local PD for a police report, insurance usually will ask for the report. I would make sure the officer takes note of the “key” damage on the top (near the sun damage), hood and front bumper (near all the rock chips) and explain how the homeless gentlemen must have had his keys in his back pocket as he used my car as a slide immediately after swiping my rear bumper with his shopping cart.
BUMmer is funny...

But unless you encounter the world's stupidest cop and insurance adjuster, the rest of your post is a recipe for criminal charges of making a false report and insurance fraud.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #58
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Which airbrush you use? Link? And do you just out factory touch up pain in the canister or somethjng? I ws thinking along the lines of hobby airbrush or something?
Not really an airbrush....I was using it as an analogy. I use a paint spraygun....got it from here.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/sp...y-gun-atd.aspx

It was a $100 for the kit. But once you learn how to use it....it's kind of like airbrushing. And they sale some of the best touchup paint I have ever used.

Most importantly is prepping the surface. If properly prepped, painting is much easier.

Mind you it's not show quality, but looks good for any cars I daily drive.
      12-09-2019, 09:03 PM   #59
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melroon View Post
Let it go, your time is more valuable dealing with other issues
This
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      12-14-2019, 06:34 PM   #60
Blakex2212
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1999 M3, 2007 335i, 2005 545i

Can’t sue somebody who doesn’t have anything.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      12-14-2019, 08:56 PM   #61
King_Leonard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
My sister unfortunately lives in Seattle. She said because of the boom in economies there, it has attracted a lot of homeless people. So much for feeling all high and mighty on your throne.
How do homeless people know these things?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 10:02 PM   #62
SpooldYou
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 650 XI Gran Coupe

Break his beer
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 05:54 AM   #63
M5Rick
General