BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2020: Hungarian GP - Budapest (July 19)

07-18-2020, 09:59 AM   #133
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Second time Seb outqualifies Lecrash
Great job by "SEB" !

From what I saw from Albon . "SEB" can get Albon's seat ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59631.50
      07-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #134
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Like I said :

My friend the Mercs are untouchable ! The Pink Mercs included...
The Mercs run actually on rails with incredible power from their PU !
Lewis improved "twice" a new track record ...

MAX 7th and behind the 2 Ferrari's . Even the Ferrari's run better !
MAX is 1.5 sec. slower , that's like an ocean of time !
Albon was nowhere . The difference with MAX is huge. Think SEB can get his seat .
The Mercs can win every race in this season ...

As for Red Bull , this new season is now already over and out...
Seb can get a seat and should keep his seat when he qualifies ahead of Leclerc while locking the front left into T3.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 10:02 AM   #135
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Great job by "SEB" !

I think the only thing stopping that move is Marko's ego and Horner's stubbornness and Jos's control (not that he's afraid of Seb beating Max but he prefers his son to be a very very clear #1 driver).
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 10:14 AM   #136
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I think the only thing stopping that move is Marko's ego and Horner's stubbornness and Jos's control (not that he's afraid of Seb beating Max but he prefers his son to be a very very clear #1 driver).
Jos has nothing to say in that situation . Jos is there as for financial speculation and sometimes for (stupid) race strategy .

I'm pretty sure .It's Marko . He knows "SEB" is not cheap and Albon is a lot cheaper ...

To begin with ...Red Bull has to clear their mess ASAP and then look further to get SEB in that seat .
From what we saw today . That seat in the RB16 is not very attractive...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59631.50
      07-18-2020, 10:15 AM   #137
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Great job by "SEB" !

I'll second that
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 10:31 AM   #138
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Merc is F1. The rest of the field is F1.5
They are completely out of reach.
Racing Point have a great car but terrible race pace and tire management that I believe is to blame on the drivers not the car.
Vettel so far (only 3 race but still..) showing us his abilities now that he has a car that has decent downforce. Quali in Austria (not Styria) was botched but he could've qualified better.
Is Leclerc going to learn and not crash with his teammate?
Bottas may not be as talented as we'd like to think on technical tracks like Hangaroring and previously on Monte Carlo.
Perez maybe feeling the pressure and under-performing now?
Seb is ok so long as he stays away from Lecrash..it's because of him that they could not test the new aero over the race not making the first lap in Styria.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 10:38 AM   #139
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Jos has nothing to say in that situation . Jos is there as for financial speculation and sometimes for (stupid) race strategy .

I'm pretty sure .It's Marko . He knows "SEB" is not cheap and Albon is a lot cheaper ...

To begin with ...Red Bull has to clear their mess ASAP and then look further to get SEB in that seat .
From what we saw today . That seat in the RB16 is not very attractive...
He has a lot of money if I was him I would drive for close to nothing if I get a good seat. And he also said that money is not an issue for him.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #140
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I'll second that
According F1 NewsNow :

‘Disappointment of the season’

The disappointment of the weekend – well actually disappointment of the season so far – has been Red Bull.

I really believed it was coming into this season with a shot at the championship but in reality, as a team, *It has thrown it away*

In pre-season testing at Barcelona, the car looked very nervous to drive. In Austria, over the two race weekends there, it looked nervous to drive and again in Hungary just the same.

No progress over three weekends means you are going backwards and the developments that it has thrown at the car has confused it even further.

I stick by my earlier analysis that the balance shift with steering lock is confusing the driver and they don’t know which direction to go in to get consistency over a lap.

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59631.50
      07-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #141
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
He has a lot of money if I was him I would drive for close to nothing if I get a good seat. And he also said that money is not an issue for him.
SEB would be a great support for Red Bull . And MAX !

The last support that MAX got , came from Ricciardo . But Ricciardo was not happy with the domination from MAX , that's why he left Red Bull to get the bigger money coming from Renault.

As for Red Bull Team strategy : *That is nonexistent* , because there's no support coming from Red Bull's second driver .
If needed .I'm pretty sure SEB would give the necessary support to build somehow a Red Bull strategy..

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59631.50
      07-18-2020, 10:58 AM   #142
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
SEB would be a great support for Red Bull . And MAX !

The last support that MAX got , came from Ricciardo . But Ricciardo was not happy with the domination from MAX , that's why he left Red Bull to get the bigger money coming from Renault.

As for Red Bull Team strategy : *That is nonexistent* , because there's no support coming from Red Bull's second driver .
If needed .I'm pretty sure SEB would give the necessary support to build somehow a Red Bull strategy..
Go with that my friend,Albon at the mo is a boy doing a mans job,HAM has tripped him up easy, what's the saying? taking candy from a kid.

Last edited by M5Rick; 07-18-2020 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #143
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
According F1 NewsNow :

‘Disappointment of the season’

The disappointment of the weekend – well actually disappointment of the season so far – has been Red Bull.

I really believed it was coming into this season with a shot at the championship but in reality, as a team, *It has thrown it away*

In pre-season testing at Barcelona, the car looked very nervous to drive. In Austria, over the two race weekends there, it looked nervous to drive and again in Hungary just the same.

No progress over three weekends means you are going backwards and the developments that it has thrown at the car has confused it even further.

I stick by my earlier analysis that the balance shift with steering lock is confusing the driver and they don’t know which direction to go in to get consistency over a lap.
Somewhere along the line they took a wrong turn and no one said STOP and continued on the same track a bit like Ferrari did in fact.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 11:58 AM   #144
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Somewhere along the line they took a wrong turn and no one said STOP and continued on the same track a bit like Ferrari did in fact.
Indeed my friend ,

It looks really bad for Red Bull . As we could see , today they were the 4th team with the Mercs, the Pink Mercs and Ferrari in front of them ...

Personally I think : MAX has to be very careful in the race from tomorrow , knowing the RB16's behavior and balance is very unpredictable !
I mean the risk of big crash is huge in such a shitty unpredictable car !
If we look where Albon was today , that explains it all ....

According the latest interview from MAX :

MAX says this year’s Red Bull is “clearly” worse than the 2019 car, but doesn’t know the reason for the issues.

After looking like the second quickest at the Red Bull Ring, the team failed to get anywhere near Mercedes in qualifying in Hungary and were beaten by both Racing Points and Ferraris.

Verstappen could only manage P7 and, having claimed pole position at the same track last season, says the car feels considerably worse a year on.

“I don’t know why the car behaves like this,” he told Sky Sports.

“Clearly, something is not working well compared to last year, when we had a very good balance on this track.

“The whole week was very tricky and it is very difficult to understand. We have tried a lot but it doesn’t really seem to work, it really is a disappointing qualification.”

*To make matters worse, both Mercedes and Racing Point will start the race on the medium tyre, giving them a preferable strategy*
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59631.50
      07-18-2020, 12:03 PM   #145
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

At some point you have to stop blaming the car. The drivers feedback is most important in the development of the car. Perhaps that is were he is lacking and needs to improve.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 12:07 PM   #146
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Indeed my friend ,

It looks really bad for Red Bull . As we could see , today they were the 4th team with the Mercs, the Pink Mercs and Ferrari in front of them ...

Personally I think : MAX has to be very careful in the race from tomorrow , knowing the RB16's behavior and balance is very unpredictable !
I mean the risk of big crash is huge in such a shitty unpredictable car !
If we look where Albon was today , that explains it all ....

According the latest interview from MAX :

MAX says this year’s Red Bull is “clearly” worse than the 2019 car, but doesn’t know the reason for the issues.

After looking like the second quickest at the Red Bull Ring, the team failed to get anywhere near Mercedes in qualifying in Hungary and were beaten by both Racing Points and Ferraris.

Verstappen could only manage P7 and, having claimed pole position at the same track last season, says the car feels considerably worse a year on.

“I don’t know why the car behaves like this,” he told Sky Sports.

“Clearly, something is not working well compared to last year, when we had a very good balance on this track.

“The whole week was very tricky and it is very difficult to understand. We have tried a lot but it doesn’t really seem to work, it really is a disappointing qualification.”

*To make matters worse, both Mercedes and Racing Point will start the race on the medium tyre, giving them a preferable strategy*
It's totally unlike RB to go in this direction, they have never before and could be missing Newey's magic, he'd be 61 now I think and doing other things?
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #147
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
At some point you have to stop blaming the car. The drivers feedback is most important in the development of the car. Perhaps that is were he is lacking and needs to improve.
Mate .According Horner : MAX his drivers feedback regarding the car is the best from what they ever had .
Last year in the last 6-7 races the car really improved . And that was thanks to MAX's feedback and HONDA-Japan.

We should keep in mind that the RB16 is completely changed ,and probably changed too much at once to understand the cars unpredictable behavior .

Right ! As for a 8 times F1 race winner with his driver skills and reputation , he should learn how to drive a F1 car properly ASAP ...
C'mon mate . Are you serious ?!?!

Stop blaming the car ? Albon showed what the car was worth today !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59631.50
      07-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #148
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
It's totally unlike RB to go in this direction, they have never before and could be missing Newey's magic, he'd be 61 now I think and doing other things?
Newey stated : I didn't slept last winter . By COVID I could work more than ever and undisturbed

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 12:48 PM   #149
msk340i
Major
Rep

In Albon's defense, he was in traffic on both runs.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 01:11 PM   #150
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
In Albon's defense, he was in traffic on both runs.
OK mate . But Albon struggled with the RB16 balance anyway , yesterday and today even more .

As for Pierre-Gasly (Red Bull) "AlphaTauri"AT01 . As far as I know they run also with a HONDA-PU .
Well, if we watched the same QA sessions , he was not able to run "one" lap today ...

Put these guys in a Pink-Merc , and they would run on the podium ...

"80 % car performance / 20% driver skills"

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59631.50
      07-18-2020, 01:19 PM   #151
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Mate .According Horner : MAX his drivers feedback regarding the car is the best from what they ever had .
Last year in the last 6-7 races the car really improved . And that was thanks to MAX's feedback and HONDA-Japan.

We should keep in mind that the RB16 is completely changed ,and probably changed too much at once to understand the cars unpredictable behavior .

Right ! As for a 8 times F1 race winner with his driver skills and reputation , he should learn how to drive a F1 car properly ASAP ...
C'mon mate . Are you serious ?!?!

Stop blaming the car ? Albon showed what the car was worth today !
Tunnel vision you have for Max is not fun, have more of an open mind.
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50
      07-18-2020, 01:24 PM   #152
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I've always stood by the fact that It's cheaper to sell a car than it is to copy it ..

Said Horner today after the QA

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59631.50
      07-18-2020, 01:53 PM   #153
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
OK mate . But Albon struggled with the RB16 balance anyway , yesterday and today even more .

As for Pierre-Gasly (Red Bull) "AlphaTauri"AT01 . As far as I know they run also with a HONDA-PU .
Well, if we watched the same QA sessions , he was not able to run "one" lap today ...

Put these guys in a Pink-Merc , and they would run on the podium ...

"80 % car performance / 20% driver skills"
Like it when Max told Russell to mind his own business haha who was saying Albon was made to look like an idiot. He should change his goofy shades
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2020, 02:18 PM   #154
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Look mate . Last year Red Bull 'had' an outstanding balanced car , that's why MAX took the pole as well .
I'm not blaming anyone for the today's RB situation . But from what we/I saw today , they transformed the RB16 in a F* Flintstone mobile !

Mate that , is what I can see with my open minded tunnel vision....

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59631.50