BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Once again I got back into BMW and got a top 10 ranked car

12-13-2022, 03:40 AM   #1
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Once again I got back into BMW and got a top 10 ranked car

So way back in 08 I wanted a 335 back when it was cool but didn't get it.

In 2015 I got back into BMW and wanted one so I got the M235i just like that when I didn't even know it existed right. Lo and behold car and driver placed the M235i as number one for I think 2-3 years in a row from 2015-2017. And then when the M2 came out it was the number 1 out of 10.

Once I got rid of the M235i in 2018 I was in a hiatus again until 2021 when I randomly came across the z4 and was like wtf?? This is the BEST MOST SEXIEST LOOKING BMW I've yet seen. It was so striking, confident, ans gorgeous and turned my head.

Well Motor Trend has a similar ranking. For 2020. The z4 was a contender for the top 10, but the supra was a top 10 winner.

To me I equate the supra and z4 as the same. Driven both and other than better exhaust crackles from the supra, I can tell you that when taking corners the supra isn't really any better than the z4. Let's say I can take a corner in a z4 at maximum like 70mph for example, the supra does it at 71mph or if pushed to 110% 72. The difference is basically not noticeable and they are virtually identical. Motor Trend claimed the supra drives a "bit better" but it came off as miles ahead.

For me admitting that the supra is a top 10 car or best car just admits the z4 platform which the supra comes from is fantastic. I forgot but one of the German designers or testers in Germany drove the z4 got out and said that they don't need to make the m version because it drives like an m car. I for one know for a fact it handles and drives better than the f series m3 and m4 and it beat the M2 competition at the nurburgring with only 335hp.

With a simple tune + ethanol without bolt ons I'm hitting 430-445whpish and over 470-490 wheel torque. The numbers beat the old F82 m4 especially in torque and it is more planted and handles better, great suspension, shorter wheelbase than any m or m sport bmw in the past 15 years, and wider, and very short height, with I think similar to F series 235/240i length.

Let's face it we know the z4 is top ten. It is a massive jump compared to the e89
Appreciate 2