BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing Please Please Help with TV Suggestions

06-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Exclamation Please Please Help with TV Suggestions

Hey!

I just bought:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-75-...?skuId=5748203

and I am just not that happy with it. I have watched some 4k HDR stuff an that's amazing but I feel watching say direcTV and other stuff I just don't see the value for what I paid. I almost wouldn't mind going back to my UN60D6400UF which I still kept because I like it haha. I really do like LG/Samsung maybe its just because its a Sony TV haha. I really want to stick with a 70 / 75 in TV though. Budget I really hope isn't more then what I just spent. I am def open to returning it to best buy and going elsewhere.

I mainly watch movies, football, an play XBone/PS4.

Thanks for all the help!

Edit: How about comparing what I bought with say Samsungs MU6300 series 75 inch

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #2
Maniac0908
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan

So are you not happy with the picture when the source is not 4k? I have all 4k tvs. One sony bravia and a lg. Netflix through my fire box looks great, xbox and ps4 look great. Blurays look great. Fios....looks the same as a nom 4k. Theres nothing you can do about it. The source is what makes the picture great. The tv might upscale some but theres only so much it can do. Eventually itll get better. My advice, which is what i wish i knew, is to wait till oled tvs are cheaper and get that. Picture is absolutley amazing.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #3
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
So are you not happy with the picture when the source is not 4k? I have all 4k tvs. One sony bravia and a lg. Netflix through my fire box looks great, xbox and ps4 look great. Blurays look great. Fios....looks the same as a nom 4k. Theres nothing you can do about it. The source is what makes the picture great. The tv might upscale some but theres only so much it can do. Eventually itll get better. My advice, which is what i wish i knew, is to wait till oled tvs are cheaper and get that. Picture is absolutley amazing.

I picked up Netflix and watched some 4k HDR and it just doesnt seem that great, even compared to my other set which is way behind in tech. It just seems I am missing something here for almost 3k so I was wondering what everyone else would recommend. Maybe I'm just not into Sony? lol I would love an OLED, I could afford a 55 inch but I def want a 70 or 75 inch and that wont happen haha

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #4
Maniac0908
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post
I picked up Netflix and watched some 4k HDR and it just doesnt seem that great, even compared to my other set which is way behind in tech. It just seems I am missing something here for almost 3k so I was wondering what everyone else would recommend. Maybe I'm just not into Sony? lol I would love an OLED, I could afford a 55 inch but I def want a 70 or 75 inch and that wont happen haha
Ah ok. Ya i agree sony doesnt have that super bright popping color like samsung and lg. But thats becuase sonys colors are more natural. As in how it would look if you were actually there where as samsung and lg are more of super bright not real life colors. I guess it all comes to preference. Have you tried messing with settings. Seems like youd be better off with a samsung or lg though
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 11:22 PM   #5
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
Ah ok. Ya i agree sony doesnt have that super bright popping color like samsung and lg. But thats becuase sonys colors are more natural. As in how it would look if you were actually there where as samsung and lg are more of super bright not real life colors. I guess it all comes to preference. Have you tried messing with settings. Seems like youd be better off with a samsung or lg though
oh yeah def, I found some indepth calibration settings (there are so many settings!) and it helped a bit it just seems like this TV is a let down.

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 10:06 AM   #6
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I just purchased this tv-

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...?skuId=5217300

This TV has very high ratings but-

Here is what I think-

1) Quality through cable box is simply not good... regular tv is also not good.
2) Video thru streaming services like Netflix / Amazon thru 4K is amazing.
3) Video thru streaming youtube 4k videos is also amazing.

I think the issue is that today's cable boxes suck and no one is yet up to par to 4K technology.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 10:46 AM   #7
Maniac0908
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I just purchased this tv-

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...?skuId=5217300

This TV has very high ratings but-

Here is what I think-

1) Quality through cable box is simply not good... regular tv is also not good.
2) Video thru streaming services like Netflix / Amazon thru 4K is amazing.
3) Video thru streaming youtube 4k videos is also amazing.

I think the issue is that today's cable boxes suck and no one is yet up to par to 4K technology.
+1
Appreciate 0