BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum G29 - Trouble / Gremlins / other Issues

10-21-2020, 05:04 AM   #287
trivium33
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Thank you ZedsRedBaby and Flying Clog for your replies! It seems to be a crackling/rattling sound at the bottom of my windscreen on the passenger side. Do you experience the same?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 05:30 AM   #288
ZedsRedBaby
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivium33 View Post
Thank you ZedsRedBaby and Flying Clog for your replies! It seems to be a crackling/rattling sound at the bottom of my windscreen on the passenger side. Do you experience the same?
Hi. I've not had anything there as far as I know, but it's often difficult to work out where the rattles are coming from.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #289
Flying Clog
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Hi. I've not had anything there as far as I know, but it's often difficult to work out where the rattles are coming from.
Me either - not yet anyway
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 07:47 AM   #290
trivium33
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

ZedsRedBaby and Flying Clog, just to update you both and the wider community as this may affect someone down the line with a similar rattle issue - the BMW dealership confirmed that the rattle is stemming from one of the vents on the driver's side and they need to order a part from Germany to fix it (part will take c. 2-3 weeks to arrive). This is of course covered in my warranty.
Appreciate 2
CeEl225.50

10-26-2020, 08:19 AM   #291
ZedsRedBaby
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivium33 View Post
ZedsRedBaby and Flying Clog, just to update you both and the wider community as this may affect someone down the line with a similar rattle issue - the BMW dealership confirmed that the rattle is stemming from one of the vents on the driver's side and they need to order a part from Germany to fix it (part will take c. 2-3 weeks to arrive). This is of course covered in my warranty.
Thanks. I think I've got one in that area as well, but it's mostly drowned out by a new one somewhere inside the roof lining, this time on the passenger side.
Appreciate 0