BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW European Delivery Program Ending for North American Customers!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2020, 10:36 AM   #551
kckkwan
New Member
8
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: E92 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
Well, if the EU imposes a travel ban on the US due to COVID19 numbers, that'll also cancel all remainings EDs, won't it?
Thatís exactly what I thought. ED was dying and COVID just provided the final nail in the coffin.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #552
adc
Major General
United_States
1701
Rep
6,026
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
In 93/94 a very aggressive letter wring campaign started within BMWCCA to import the E36 M3 which BMW had planned NOT to import. The letter writing campaign was obviously successful.
BMWCCA is presently working to see if they can get ED for the club.
They are? I wasnít aware. Do they need member support for this?
__________________

2018 F80 Santorini
2004 Z4 3.0
2014 X3 35i
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 07:06 PM   #553
kckkwan
New Member
8
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: E92 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Itís September, anyone has done the final EDs successfully?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #554
F82PRETEND
Brigadier General
F82PRETEND's Avatar
United_States
1321
Rep
3,267
Posts

Drives: Freya - 2018 MGM M4
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckkwan View Post
Itís September, anyone has done the final EDs successfully?
Nope...those of us left are grasping at straws and possibly trying to delay until October. One has successfully delayed and others (including me) are trying to sort it out.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 07:26 PM   #555
stein_325i
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
stein_325i's Avatar
United_States
7723
Rep
4,246
Posts

Drives: BMW/Mercedes-Benz
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckkwan View Post
It's September, anyone has done the final EDs successfully?
I think someone on the 8er forums was the last US customer to do ED.

The Last US European Delivery https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1754731
__________________
Daily: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS 53 Weekend: 2008 BMW Z4 M Wife's: 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300
Retired:1995 E36 325i 5MT / 2004 E46 330i 6MT / 2011 E90 335xi / 2017 G30 540i / 2017 982 Boxster S 6MT / 2019 F87 M2C 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 07:39 PM   #556
F82PRETEND
Brigadier General
F82PRETEND's Avatar
United_States
1321
Rep
3,267
Posts

Drives: Freya - 2018 MGM M4
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
I think someone on the 8er forums was the last US customer to do ED.

The Last US European Delivery https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1754731
Waiting on a response there as to how he/she got in. One user for sure has an M5C scheduled for October 29...probably the latest at this point.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 08:40 PM   #557
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
4313
Rep
4,196
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

I contacted the BMW CCA of NA with my "concerns" about ED cancellation. I was told they are trying to work it out with BMW NA to possibly allow members to continue to enjoy ED on some level. Basically he said NA didn't tell them to F'off so there is some hope.

Even if ED was available I'm not so sure they are going to offer anything in a year and half (lease end) that I want to buy/lease. Sad and unexpected.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 09:58 PM   #558
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
lemetier's Avatar
1746
Rep
2,605
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I contacted the BMW CCA of NA with my "concerns" about ED cancellation. I was told they are trying to work it out with BMW NA to possibly allow members to continue to enjoy ED on some level. Basically he said NA didn't tell them to F'off so there is some hope.

Even if ED was available I'm not so sure they are going to offer anything in a year and half (lease end) that I want to buy/lease. Sad and unexpected.
It's a very complex situation. The primary problem was too few people were actually using their cars for tourist purpose after Welt Delivery.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 10:14 PM   #559
G FLICK
/M Enthusiast
G FLICK's Avatar
United_States
462
Rep
939
Posts

Drives: M4, A4 Avant USP, C7 Z06
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lone Star State

iTrader: (1)

I think ED is dead. My plan once I can fly from the states to Europe, is to rent an M or other nice car from Sixt and go play in the Alps. My usual twice a year vacation.
__________________
2019 M4 ZCP, Alpine White/Sakhir, DCT, MPE
2004 Audi A4 Avant USP 6mt, RS4 clutch, built motor, Garrett GT3071r "Big Ass Turbo" Motoza Tuned
2016 Z06/Z07 Vette
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 10:36 PM   #560
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
4313
Rep
4,196
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
It's a very complex situation. The primary problem was too few people were actually using their cars for tourist purpose after Welt Delivery.
Yup. I understand all the complexities.

People doing 75 Euro airport drop offs, Americans wanting huge SUVs (my wife is part of the problem), ED numbers down the last few years (BMW NA is partly to blame here with removal of "incentives"), etc. Producing the next 2er and M2 in Mexico isn't going to help.

At the end of the day BMW was a special brand that offered an amazing experience for their customers. This is no longer the case. I'm sad and angered by it. The loss of ED and the beaver grills could very well have our entire family leave the brand.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
stein_325i7723.00

      09-08-2020, 11:51 PM   #561
F82PRETEND
Brigadier General
F82PRETEND's Avatar
United_States
1321
Rep
3,267
Posts

Drives: Freya - 2018 MGM M4
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Waiting on a response there as to how he/she got in. One user for sure has an M5C scheduled for October 29...probably the latest at this point.
Found out that user has dual citizenship so he was able to get into Germany.
Appreciate 1
David701220.00

      09-09-2020, 08:26 AM   #562
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
295
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central Virginia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
I think someone on the 8er forums was the last US customer to do ED.

The Last US European Delivery https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1754731
Probably gave up maybe $10k in rebates and incentives on the bloated 8-series to take ED.

"The rich are different than you and me . . . they have more money!"
Appreciate 1
stein_325i7723.00

      09-09-2020, 08:26 AM   #563
Alaska144
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 750il
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Anchorage, AK

iTrader: (0)

This was on my bucket-list, too!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 08:26 AM   #564
JCZ5
Major
JCZ5's Avatar
1163
Rep
1,175
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition / BMW X5 (G05)
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Probably gave up maybe $10k in rebates and incentives on the bloated 8-series to take ED.

"The rich are different than you and me . . . they have more money!"
At this point, is it worth it to pick up a preowned M8 vs. G80 M3 🤔
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 11:30 AM   #565
kckkwan
New Member
8
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: E92 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Just FYI, found this on MBWorld today, if anyone of you cares, itís now only left Porsche and Volvo standing

This was in Netstar today:
Quote:
Dear Mercedes-Benz Dealers, This is to inform you that MBUSA will discontinue the European Delivery Program effective November 1, 2020. To our active European Delivery dealership partners, we sincerely thank you for supporting us over the years. Through your efforts, many customers experienced European delivery and have gone on to become lifelong advocates for the brand. In order to meet remaining customer needs, we will fulfill remaining orders submitted prior to program cessation. These vehicles will continue via direct shipment with delivery to your dealerships. Moving forward, no new orders will be accepted as we run out the program in Q4 2020.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 01:22 PM   #566
stein_325i
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
stein_325i's Avatar
United_States
7723
Rep
4,246
Posts

Drives: BMW/Mercedes-Benz
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckkwan View Post
Just FYI, found this on MBWorld today, if anyone of you cares, itís now only left Porsche and Volvo standing

This was in Netstar today:
Quote:
Dear Mercedes-Benz Dealers, This is to inform you that MBUSA will discontinue the European Delivery Program effective November 1, 2020. To our active European Delivery dealership partners, we sincerely thank you for supporting us over the years. Through your efforts, many customers experienced European delivery and have gone on to become lifelong advocates for the brand. In order to meet remaining customer needs, we will fulfill remaining orders submitted prior to program cessation. These vehicles will continue via direct shipment with delivery to your dealerships. Moving forward, no new orders will be accepted as we run out the program in Q4 2020.
Damn its a shame. I wonder if this was always the plan or whether Covid is the reason for getting it killed.
__________________
Daily: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS 53 Weekend: 2008 BMW Z4 M Wife's: 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300
Retired:1995 E36 325i 5MT / 2004 E46 330i 6MT / 2011 E90 335xi / 2017 G30 540i / 2017 982 Boxster S 6MT / 2019 F87 M2C 6MT
Appreciate 2
      10-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #567
JCZ5
Major
JCZ5's Avatar
1163
Rep
1,175
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition / BMW X5 (G05)
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

I can't believe Volvo still does European delivery. Can't imagine a lot of people doing this. And also I believe you get a discount if you do ED with Volvo? I know Mercedes did this.

I think this may be the end for Porsche soon...
__________________
IG: @rise_n_drive
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 08:08 PM   #568
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
4313
Rep
4,196
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
I can't believe Volvo still does European delivery. Can't imagine a lot of people doing this. And also I believe you get a discount if you do ED with Volvo? I know Mercedes did this.

I think this may be the end for Porsche soon...
Volvo provides flights for ED if I'm not mistaken. Good for them. These programs help with brand loyalty. Something BMW is gonna be lacking in very soon with their current offerings
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 3
      10-31-2020, 08:21 PM   #569
kckkwan
New Member
8
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: E92 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Damn its a shame. I wonder if this was always the plan or whether Covid is the reason for getting it killed.
I think it was always the plan and Covid just offers them the best timing.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 08:27 PM   #570
kckkwan
New Member
8
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: E92 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
I can't believe Volvo still does European delivery. Can't imagine a lot of people doing this. And also I believe you get a discount if you do ED with Volvo? I know Mercedes did this.

I think this may be the end for Porsche soon...
Last time I check Volvo ED is still alive, itís just temporary suspended until January due to covid. It does offer a no haggle price for ED and 2 round trip tickets to Sweden are included as well as one night hotel stay in Gothenburg. Not a bad deal compare to BMWís even in 200X era.

Mercedesís one is very similar to BMWís except they waived the destination charge.

Porsche Iím not sure since you need to pay more to their ED, so it might live.
Appreciate 1
JCZ51163.00

      10-31-2020, 08:29 PM   #571
kckkwan
New Member
8
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: E92 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Volvo provides flights for ED if I'm not mistaken. Good for them. These programs help with brand loyalty. Something BMW is gonna be lacking in very soon with their current offerings
Honestly BMW has lost my loyalty in terms of getting a new vehicle every few years. I will still drive a BMW tho, but with current situation getting a CPO sounds like the best option. IMO of course
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 08:47 PM   #572
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
4313
Rep
4,196
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckkwan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Volvo provides flights for ED if I'm not mistaken. Good for them. These programs help with brand loyalty. Something BMW is gonna be lacking in very soon with their current offerings
Honestly BMW has lost my loyalty in terms of getting a new vehicle every few years. I will still drive a BMW tho, but with current situation getting a CPO sounds like the best option. IMO of course
They've definitely lost mine. No ED and Shit G8x.

At this point is either buy out my 2020 F82 or go CPO 911.

Maybe I'll go full old dude when the Blackwing comes out

I was just telling my wife yesterday I'm gonna give Caddy a shot with it's Blackwing before making any decisions.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST