BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Christoph Waltz and Oliver Zipse check out the BMW iX

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-18-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
27258
Rep
20,418
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Christoph Waltz and Oliver Zipse check out the BMW iX

__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 01:53 PM   #2
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
7640
Rep
24,949
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMWs to "ALL" US states

iTrader: (4)

what are they saying?

I like the rear design looks great

also what happened to the vid 4:42 to the end? am i the only who is seeing just black screen?
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:jmiller@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 02:03 PM   #3
Murf993
Major
Murf993's Avatar
5292
Rep
1,125
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

It's not just you, mine when black too. It's ok for an EV I guess, I don't understand why they have put a grill on it though, is that so folks don't feel like they are driving an EV? I'd rather have the car he drove in with.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 02:07 PM   #4
stein_325i
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
stein_325i's Avatar
United_States
7779
Rep
4,267
Posts

Drives: BMW/Mercedes-Benz
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Here's the fully working video with english captions.

__________________
Daily: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS 53 Weekend: 2008 BMW Z4 M Wife's: 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300
Retired:1995 E36 325i 5MT / 2004 E46 330i 6MT / 2011 E90 335xi / 2017 G30 540i / 2017 982 Boxster S 6MT / 2019 F87 M2C 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 02:10 PM   #5
Murf993
Major
Murf993's Avatar
5292
Rep
1,125
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Meh
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 07:44 PM   #6
SCOTT26
Major General
SCOTT26's Avatar
4789
Rep
5,746
Posts

Drives: A big F-off German Truck.
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
It's not just you, mine when black too. It's ok for an EV I guess, I don't understand why they have put a grill on it though, is that so folks don't feel like they are driving an EV? I'd rather have the car he drove in with.
The Grille allows hidden placement for the radar and sensors of the technology offered with the car. It gives a clutter free appearance.
You know how people have reacted to the offset sensor on the M3 and M4?
Well this eliminates this problem with the iX as it does on the iX3 and forthcoming i4 which offers the same "glitz" finish as the iX but is far more sporty.
__________________
The M850i is evidence that BMW have got their mojo back when it comes to dynamic sports cars...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 08:15 PM   #7
thebmw
Post Advisor
thebmw's Avatar
746
Rep
1,407
Posts

Drives: Many BMWs and SRTs
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The Grille allows hidden placement for the radar and sensors of the technology offered with the car. It gives a clutter free appearance.
You know how people have reacted to the offset sensor on the M3 and M4?
Well this eliminates this problem with the iX as it does on the iX3 and forthcoming i4 which offers the same "glitz" finish as the iX but is far more sporty.
The radar and sensors are small, sometimes very small. The obscenely large grill is ostensibly for sensors, but really because some moron in design thinks it looks "cool". He/she is probably compensating for some deficiencies. It's definitely not a clean look. Rather, it's annoyingly busy and cluttered. This is why BMW has come out with their very malicious campaign insulting literally the whole world when they criticize their busy and senseless design.
Appreciate 3
stein_325i7779.00
Murf9935291.50

      11-18-2020, 08:21 PM   #8
Smooth 330i
Lieutenant Colonel
Smooth 330i's Avatar
802
Rep
1,944
Posts

Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

let's see how many $$$$ they will put in the trunk to move these things
__________________

TC Kline D/A | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve | Stoptech BBK | M3 Bits | Turner | Braile | Supersprint | Recaro | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | APEX | Ground Control |
Appreciate 1
jmg9533.50

      11-19-2020, 08:41 AM   #9
SteveinArizona
Colonel
United_States
1741
Rep
2,567
Posts

Drives: BMW 530e
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Greater Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
The radar and sensors are small, sometimes very small. The obscenely large grill is ostensibly for sensors, but really because some moron in design thinks it looks "cool". He/she is probably compensating for some deficiencies. It's definitely not a clean look. Rather, it's annoyingly busy and cluttered. This is why BMW has come out with their very malicious campaign insulting literally the whole world when they criticize their busy and senseless design.
+1 Well said.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:21 PM   #10
jmg
Lieutenant General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
9534
Rep
10,440
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
let's see how many $$$$ they will put in the trunk to move these things
I hope it's a lot because I like it. The grill is obnoxious, but not as obnoxious as the G80 grill.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPE | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates | PFC-08
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 08:26 PM   #11
Smooth 330i
Lieutenant Colonel
Smooth 330i's Avatar
802
Rep
1,944
Posts

Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
let's see how many $$$$ they will put in the trunk to move these things
I hope it's a lot because I like it. The grill is obnoxious, but not as obnoxious as the G80 grill.
gl shopping and hope you get a huge discount
__________________

TC Kline D/A | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve | Stoptech BBK | M3 Bits | Turner | Braile | Supersprint | Recaro | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | APEX | Ground Control |
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:28 AM   #12
SteveinArizona
Colonel
United_States
1741
Rep
2,567
Posts

Drives: BMW 530e
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Greater Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

In many ways the new Bugs Bunny grills are terrible. Economists talk about "external costs" which are costs imposed on others. When one is driving a new 4 series, one is not looking at the grills...everyone you are driving toward is instead. So you are imposing the new ugly BMW taste on everyone else!!

Sort of like living in a world of Gremlins and Azteks.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST