BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2019: German GP - Hockenheim (July 28)

07-29-2019, 11:12 AM   #111
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i told you already.. and McLaren without Ron Dennis is like night and day difference for me.. McLaren is a different team nowadays without Ron Dennis..
This.

I know people who worked with McLaren in the past and now. I communicate with a very high placed person at McLaren on a regular basis via email...I won't say who but everyone sees him at every race.

Ron Dennis changed so much in F1 that it isn't even funny. Who was the first person using Carbon Fiber? Think about that for a second? I worked with CF as in engineering student when it was still considered an exotic material. We performed fracture analyses and dozens of other tests on it as well as on other exotic material for the aerospace industry.

Each time everyone looks in the garages and sees a meticulous pit area with nary a thing out of place...thank Ron Dennis. He was the FIRST person in motorsports to add that type of professionalism to something so simple.

I still love McLaren as I have since the late 70s and it is NOT the same since Ron Dennis left but I believe that with Zak Brown, another real racer, they have turned the corner and we will see them on the podium soon and winning racers shortly thereafter.

Great post!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
wdb4673.00
      07-29-2019, 11:22 AM   #112
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdag001 View Post
If some of you didnt catch this
Beautiful win by Max!
Congratulations for keeping his head and taking advantage of the misfortune by others and learning from the spin. One of his best wins yet.

Bottas clearly showed that he is a tier below Max, Lewis and Sebastian in this race. Toto Wolff's look when he was asked about the Bottas crash tells me that unless he troubles everyone for the win in Hungary...he won't be on contract for 2020.

Maximum Kudos to HONDA!!! What a comeback!!

I want to see a proper race in the rain when HAM isn't ill vs Max. HAM is still 10 and 1 in the rain. Too soon to call Max The Rainmeister but this showing was classy by MAX!!!!!

The pitstop was so fast that it looked like a glitch in the Matrix! UNREAL!!

Redbull Trackside Operations and strategic calls were ON POINT and they had the driver to take advantage of it: MAX!!

This is a perfect way to sum up Mercedes Trackside Operations...enjoy"

https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank...m_medium=web2x
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
EdM53854.50
fanatic11018.50
      07-29-2019, 11:32 AM   #113
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      07-29-2019, 11:57 AM   #114
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Not sure if serious.

You do know that it's ok to be the fan of a driver without regard to the team they drive for...no?

It seems that you have Hamilton hatred deep in your heart. And no...I've been watching Formula One since I was about 10 or 11 years old. James Hunt, Gilles Villeneuve and Mario Andretti were my first fav drivers. Later, as I learned more about the history of the sport, Von Tripps, Phil Hill, Jim Clark, and a host of others became my idols.

Like Prost, MSC and Senna...you are watching something special with HAM. It's too bad you evidence too much hatred to see it.

And so you don't think I'm a fanboy...I've been watching HAM since the lesser formulae. Formula Renault and GP2. And before you doubt his driving ability keep this in mind: He has a higher win rate in Spec Series than he has in Formula One.

Cheers-mk
I never said he's not good. He's amazing as a driver but not to the God-like degree some media and people describe him as.

And yes, I hate him. I have the right to hate and unfortunately it's this talented young man! As a person I think Vettel (as an example) is now genuine to the sport and more genuine as a person. While I'm typing this I'm watching the race again only on-boards with Vettel and Hamilton and listening to the radio you can easily tell HAM was panicking and he keeps asking his engineer questions he should know the answers for. While it's the opposite with Vettel, who sticks his hand out to check for rain and tells his race engineer what he thinks should be done. People liken HAM to Senna but Senna (and VET) used to tell his engineers what to do. I was watching free practice the other day and HAM went on the radio and told the engineers that he has understeer, VET had the same thing and when he went on the radio he told his engineer he needed 3 click on the front wing and less pressure on the front tires. To me Vettel is a better driver despite the multiple mistakes lately.

Last edited by msk340i; 07-29-2019 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 12:21 PM   #115
msk340i
Major
Rep

Speaking of hate, some social media F1 reporters tweeted about officials taking away flags supporting Vettel from spectators. Unlike Fuji 2007 where they stopped all flags except for Toyota, this time they only stopped Vettel supporters.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 12:36 PM   #116
jondagger
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Beautiful win by Max!
Congratulations for keeping his head and taking advantage of the misfortune by others and learning from the spin. One of his best wins yet.

Bottas clearly showed that he is a tier below Max, Lewis and Sebastian in this race. Toto Wolff's look when he was asked about the Bottas crash tells me that unless he troubles everyone for the win in Hungary...he won't be on contract for 2020.

Maximum Kudos to HONDA!!! What a comeback!!

I want to see a proper race in the rain when HAM isn't ill vs Max. HAM is still 10 and 1 in the rain. Too soon to call Max The Rainmeister but this showing was classy by MAX!!!!!

The pitstop was so fast that it looked like a glitch in the Matrix! UNREAL!!

Redbull Trackside Operations and strategic calls were ON POINT and they had the driver to take advantage of it: MAX!!

This is a perfect way to sum up Mercedes Trackside Operations...enjoy"

https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank...m_medium=web2x
Well said mate and a long wait this year for some wet running showed worth it!

Lets just hope they make the right call with Bottas and Gasly so we can see some consistent opposition between teammates. Leclerc and Vettel seem to be a good match, along with Toro Rosso & Renault & Mclaren & Hass teamates LOL.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      07-29-2019, 01:13 PM   #117
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
I never said he's not good. He's amazing as a driver but not to the God-like degree some media and people describe him as.

And yes, I hate him. I have the right to hate and unfortunately it's this talented young man! As a person I think Vettel (as an example) is now genuine to the sport and more genuine as a person. While I'm typing this I'm watching the race again only on-boards with Vettel and Hamilton and listening to the radio you can easily tell HAM was panicking and he keeps asking his engineer questions he should know the answers for. While it's the opposite with Vettel, who sticks his hand out to check for rain and tells his race engineer what he thinks should be done. People liken HAM to Senna but Senna (and VET) used to tell his engineers what to do. I was watching free practice the other day and HAM went on the radio and told the engineers that he has understeer, VET had the same thing and when he went on the radio he told his engineer he needed 3 click on the front wing and less pressure on the front tires. To me Vettel is a better driver despite the multiple mistakes lately.
Good for you to hate another human being.

Let's deconstruct this. VET has made mistakes while under pressure from HAM for YEARS now. Mistakes on him and no one else. He cracks and shatters like an egg dropped from 100 feet. He led the championship in 2017 and 2018 handily and ended up binning the car multiple times under pressure from HAM.

And the people that describe him as one of if not the best ever are people like: Button, Wolff, the late, great Niki Lauda, Rosberg, Alonso, James Allison, Paddy Lowe, etc. I could go on and on and on.

While I'm not a huge VET fan and actually feel sorry about his lack of performance since 2017...I will never state I hate him. And btw...unless he recovers his form and/or learns to adapt to a car without a completely stable rear end, he will never have the same respect from the paddock as Hamilton has.

To say that VET is a better driver than HAM is laughable. Period. End of story.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 3
      07-29-2019, 01:22 PM   #118
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Well said mate and a long wait this year for some wet running showed worth it!

Lets just hope they make the right call with Bottas and Gasly so we can see some consistent opposition between teammates. Leclerc and Vettel seem to be a good match, along with Toro Rosso & Renault & Mclaren & Hass teamates LOL.
I LOVE wet races!

I think Ocon should get a go at the seat rather than Bottas.
I know people will slag me for this but I would keep Grojean rather than KMag.
Definitely swap KVY for GAS.

GRO and KYV are actually both VERY fast drivers with occasional brain fade. KMag is a bit to thuggish on the road for me and won't distinguish between racing his teammate and another team's driver. Unacceptable.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      07-29-2019, 01:31 PM   #119
jondagger
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
I LOVE wet races!

GRO and KYV are actually both VERY fast drivers with occasional brain fade. KMag is a bit to thuggish on the road for me and won't distinguish between racing his teammate and another team's driver. Unacceptable.

Cheers-mk
+1 on Bottas Ocon trade. 1 year contract just incase and Merc can save a fattish salary too (budget cap 2021?), while they wait for maybe George Russell?

Kmag is thiggish and everyone on the grid seems to hate dealing with him, more so than Max even, but for the wrong reasons lol. Still love the guy , esp after "suck my balls" to Hulk a while back, too funny

KVY --> GAS 100%

Brainfade is a thing
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      07-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #120
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
+1 on Bottas Ocon trade. 1 year contract just incase and Merc can save a fattish salary too (budget cap 2021?), while they wait for maybe George Russell?

Kmag is thiggish and everyone on the grid seems to hate dealing with him, more so than Max even, but for the wrong reasons lol. Still love the guy , esp after "suck my balls" to Hulk a while back, too funny

KVY --> GAS 100%

Brainfade is a thing
Great post!

I think Russell would be a great addition after seasoning a bit more in a lesser team. A promotion to Racing Point and then to Merc after HAM retires?

On KMag, saying that they hate dealing with him more than Max says it all!
The suck my balls comment was classic KMag and won't endear him to many and good contacts are what you need in F1 if you aren't as fast as a VER, HAM, or SEN. Which he isn't!! Lol!!
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2019, 01:46 PM   #121
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
I LOVE wet races!

Cheers-mk
not sure about Grosjean at all.. and yeah brain fade.. thats the word for him.. occasional brain fade..
      07-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #122
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
not sure about Grosjean at all.. and yeah brain fade.. thats the word for him.. occasional brain fade..
Lol! I know what everyone means and I consistently get slagged by my F1 loving friends on this but GRO is blisteringly fast. It's a fact.
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      07-29-2019, 02:22 PM   #123
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

a lot of conversations during the weekend.. Sainz's reaction is a bit confusing..

07-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #124
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Worst PR picture in recent memory.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Bartledoo2690.00
wdb4673.00
      07-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #125
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Good for you to hate another human being.

Let's deconstruct this. VET has made mistakes while under pressure from HAM for YEARS now. Mistakes on him and no one else. He cracks and shatters like an egg dropped from 100 feet. He led the championship in 2017 and 2018 handily and ended up binning the car multiple times under pressure from HAM.

And the people that describe him as one of if not the best ever are people like: Button, Wolff, the late, great Niki Lauda, Rosberg, Alonso, James Allison, Paddy Lowe, etc. I could go on and on and on.

While I'm not a huge VET fan and actually feel sorry about his lack of performance since 2017...I will never state I hate him. And btw...unless he recovers his form and/or learns to adapt to a car without a completely stable rear end, he will never have the same respect from the paddock as Hamilton has.

To say that VET is a better driver than HAM is laughable. Period. End of story.

Cheers-mk

I think your mind went a little too far. I hate the character and the hype not the human being lol
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #126
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
I think your mind went a little too far. I hate the character and the hype not the human being lol
This is the internet and the visual aspects of communication are clearly lost. As in everything choose your words carefully.

Any input on VET?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 10:02 PM   #127
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
This is the internet and the visual aspects of communication are clearly lost. As in everything choose your words carefully.

Any input on VET?
My mistake I assumed a person with the highest intellect like yourself can recognize that a mere mortal like myself never had any personal interaction with a God like HAM so I shouldn't have any reason to hate him as a human being.
I have to admit that as someone fluent in Arabic, Spanish, French, and English, and less than fluent in Romanian I can be at loss of words sometimes

Vettel is one of the last down-to-earth drivers in Formula 1. His personality plays a big role in his driving on the track. Helmut Marko and Christian Horner know him more than anyone else and they know that Ferrari isn't the right place for him because he doesn't have the support he had in RB. The Ferraris also don't suit his driving style and Ferrari is still unable to give him a car with a strong back end. He's impatient at times trying to prove himself which caused a lot of accidents because often times he's trying to do that against alpha drivers like VER and HAM.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 04:20 AM   #128
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
I LOVE wet races!

Cheers-mk
Agreed on this. When he was team mate to Kimi, he matched him for pace. Kmag is the problem here with his over take or crash mentality.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      07-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #129
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

The latest update from Honda Red Bull...

According Honda and Toyoharu Tanabe : Honda will introduce the new spec-4 motor in Monza or in Spa-Francorchamps .

The Honda spec-4 motor has more power and a party-mode, like the Mercs and the Ferraris . OFC the Red Bull drivers will get a grid penalty by the Honda spec-4 motor replacement.

MAX preference is Monza as for the spec-4 motor replacement . MAX doesn't wants to get a grid penalty in Spa , because Spa is actually his home race ...
Meanwhile Adrian Newey is working hard (24/7) to improve the chassis .

*Toyoharu Tanabe*
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
MKSixer34171.50
      07-30-2019, 12:29 PM   #130
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The latest update from Honda Red Bull...

According Honda and Toyoharu Tanabe : Honda will introduce the new spec-4 motor in Monza or in Spa-Francorchamps .

The Honda spec-4 motor has more power and a party-mode, like the Mercs and the Ferraris . OFC the Red Bull drivers will get a grid penalty by the Honda spec-4 motor replacement.

MAX preference is Monza as for the spec-4 motor replacement . MAX doesn't wants to get a grid penalty in Spa , because Spa is actually his home race ...
Meanwhile Adrian Newey is working hard (24/7) to improve the chassis .

*Toyoharu Tanabe*
Attached Images

NickyC17350.50
      07-30-2019, 01:18 PM   #131
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Bartledoo2690.00
mk1-fan581.00
MKSixer34171.50
NickyC17350.50
fanatic11018.50
      07-30-2019, 11:50 PM   #132
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i