BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Why Lewis Hamilton Is More Than Just THE CAR

11-19-2020, 01:22 PM   #221
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate that's what I'm thinking of you !
Are you serious ?

It's pretty simple as I said the latest setting that is used in the last race should be remained !!!
No one may touch the cars anymore after the last driven race , and the cars should be in 24/7 surveillance by outsiders only
Because the teams can mess it up for the other driver . Yes they can screw the other driver ! Easily !
I wouldn't trust the other team ! Yeah mate, we/I don't believe in Santa Claus ...

1- If HAM is faster in the RB16 , he's the best driver and is the GOAT for sure !

2- If MAX is faster in the W11 , by this he beats the GOAT and MAX is NOW the best driver !

AMEN !
Here is the real test (completely insane, but would provide real results)
Ham and Ver race 10 lap races at 5 different F1 circuits in 5 different F1 cars that are not Merc or RB cars. Then we will see the true results
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #222
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Ham and Ver race 10 lap races at 5 different F1 circuits in 5 different F1 cars that are not Merc or RB cars. Then we will see the true results
Mate I provide ALWAYS real results !

It's not good without the MERC W11 . That wouldn't provide us the date how fast MAX can be in the MERC !
The whole process should be followed up by bailiff's . Because some people can use some magic regarding the lap times !

Negative . It's NOT insane . We just want the real facts .

After the challenge tests , they should throw all the data online open on the Internet !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      11-19-2020, 03:27 PM   #223
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Mate that's what I'm thinking of you !
Are you serious ?

It's pretty simple as I said the latest setting that is used in the last race should be remained !!!
No one may touch the cars anymore after the last driven race , and the cars should be in 24/7 surveillance by outsiders only
Because the teams can mess it up for the other driver . Yes they can screw the other driver ! Easily !
I wouldn't trust the other team ! Yeah mate, we/I don't believe in Santa Claus ...

1- If HAM is faster in the RB16 , he's the best driver and is the GOAT for sure !

2- If MAX is faster in the W11 , by this he beats the GOAT and MAX is NOW the best driver !

AMEN !

Seems like we are talking at cross purposes but whatever.
Anyway, Mercedes have offered the opportunity for Verstappen and Hamilton to drive a Mercedes any time Verstappen wants...just waiting for Verstappen to choose a date one assumes...and to bring along a Red Bull.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #224
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Clarity -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
NEWSFLASH:
The results are in between F1 pilots HAM and VER:

The most F1 wins:
HAM: 94
VER: 9

The most F1 championships:
HAM: 7
VER: 0
MKSixer34171.50
Bongoxxx804.00
      11-19-2020, 06:27 PM   #225
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

HAM may be a great driver, but as a person....
Can you believe this?!?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ton-brand.html

He actually tried for 3 years to sue the Hamilton watch company (has been around for more than a century) because he think's he's more entitled to the name....
Jeez what an idiot....
Luckily he lost (I say this as a watch guy )
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 4
      11-20-2020, 01:33 AM   #226
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
HAM may be a great driver, but as a person....
Can you believe this?!?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ton-brand.html

He actually tried for 3 years to sue the Hamilton watch company (has been around for more than a century) because he think's he's more entitled to the name....
Jeez what an idiot....
Luckily he lost (I say this as a watch guy )
Firstly its the Daily Mail...its the racist rag you use, should you run out of toilet paper....and it seems they have turned the story around in order to Mock Hamilton.
It was Hamilton International who were opposing the application to trademark the name 'Lewis Hamilton' for a number of goods including watches, smartwatches and jewellery and 44IP were trying to get that overturned.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 11-20-2020 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 08:52 AM   #227
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
It was Hamilton International who were opposing the application to trademark the name 'Lewis Hamilton' for a number of goods including watches, smartwatches and jewellery and 44IP were trying to get that overturned.
source?

https://tv6.news/f1-hamilton-wanted-...e-watch-brand/
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...-name-hamilton
https://www.racefans.net/2020/11/20/...g-his-surname/

and this page confirms the application of Hamilton to the watch company, and that there was an opposition procedure and not the other way around (they don't publish the name details from the opposition though, just some case numbers)
https://www.trademarkelite.com/europ...80754/HAMILTON
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-20-2020 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 08:55 AM   #228
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Seems like we are talking at cross purposes but whatever.
Anyway, Mercedes have offered the opportunity for Verstappen and Hamilton to drive a Mercedes any time Verstappen wants...just waiting for Verstappen to choose a date one assumes...and to bring along a Red Bull.
Really ? Would love to see your source ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      11-20-2020, 09:12 AM   #229
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Really ? Would love to see your source ?
Start with Mercedes twitter feed..plus just about every media outlet
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 10:05 AM   #230
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
source?

https://tv6.news/f1-hamilton-wanted-...e-watch-brand/
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...-name-hamilton
https://www.racefans.net/2020/11/20/...g-his-surname/

and this page confirms the application of Hamilton to the watch company, and that there was an opposition procedure and not the other way around (they don't publish the name details from the opposition though, just some case numbers)
https://www.trademarkelite.com/europ...80754/HAMILTON
IIUC its as I said....The company that handles LHs merchandising wanted to register Lewis Hamilton as a brand but were thwarted by the watch makers trademark. This was challenged.
Most every media story is just a rehash of the Daily Mail hatched job.
Anyway I doubt LH is bothered given his 1/2 $billion bank account.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 10:14 AM   #231
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Start with Mercedes twitter feed..plus just about every media outlet
Can you be more specific? As in links...
I think I've covered about every media outlet....

Have you read my links?
Here's one that is more specific:
https://formularapida.net/hamilton-l...g-his-surname/

So no, it's definately not the other way around as I see it.

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-20-2020 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58897.50
      11-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #232
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Can you be more specific? As in links...
I think I've covered about every media outlet....

Have you read my links?
Here's one that is more specific:
https://formularapida.net/hamilton-l...g-his-surname/

So no, it's definately not the other way around.
You two are talking about different subjects. He's talking about the car swap while you're on the watch thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #233
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches View Post
You two are talking about different subjects. He's talking about the car swap while you're on the watch thing.
you're right, i was confused by his 2 following posts.

But still it isn't the other way round, which also shows from the trademark information imho.

whether or not " LH is bothered given his 1/2 $billion bank account" does not add or substract from that the case took place or it's moral standpoint. (in fact, if he's not bothered for the money, it makes it imho even more despicable; let's just let a company that has made watches for well over 100 years do it's thing...They also have personell to pay, that have families etc you know..)

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-20-2020 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58897.50
      11-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #234
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
But still it isn't the other way round, which also shows from the trademark information imho.

whether or not " LH is bothered given his 1/2 $billion bank account" does not add or substract from that the case took place or it's moral standpoint. (in fact, if he's not bothered for the money, it makes it imho even more despicable; let's just let a company that has made watches for well over 100 years do it's thing...They also have personell to pay, that have families etc you know..)
I guess its all about perspective...from one point its Hamilton watches stopping 44IP from pursuing a legitimate business enterprise requiring the trademarking of Lewis Hamiltons name.
The question is equally...why does Hamilton watches care?..its not going to impact their business.

It sort of reminds me of the numerous legal cases McDonalds have pursued against small businesses that have used the letters Mc in front of products or even legitimately the McDonalds name.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 11:12 AM   #235
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
I guess its all about perspective...from one point its Hamilton watches stopping 44IP from pursuing a legitimate business enterprise requiring the trademarking of Lewis Hamiltons name.
The info from trademarkelite clearly shows that it was the trademark (for class 35/37 businesses) of the watch company Hamilton (in Biel) that was sued and not the other way around.

Lewis lost because the hamilton watch company was already +100 years in business and had already various trademarks under the hamilton brand.
The hamilton watch company didn't sue Lewis hamilton or his IP44 business (unless you can provide a valid link that directly points to that with quotes from the final verdict in that case)

So there is no "The question is equally...why does Hamilton watches care?"
They got sued. By Lewis Hamilton's representatives.

You're venting here your personal opinion and not conclusions based on reported facts.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58897.50
      11-20-2020, 11:51 AM   #236
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The info from trademarkelite clearly shows that it was the trademark (for class 35/37 businesses) of the watch company Hamilton (in Biel) that was sued and not the other way around.

Lewis lost because the hamilton watch company was already +100 years in business and had already various trademarks under the hamilton brand.
The hamilton watch company didn't sue Lewis hamilton or his IP44 business (unless you can provide a valid link that directly points to that with quotes from the final verdict in that case)

You're venting here your personal opinion and not conclusions based on reported facts.
Mate . YOU nailed it !

Appreciate 2
GuidoK10473.00
M5Rick58897.50
      11-20-2020, 01:30 PM   #237
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:

I didn't even know about that and so difficult to believe he tried to do that thinking he would get away with it.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10473.00
      11-20-2020, 03:20 PM   #238
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sort of...HI registered the mark HAMILTON on 5 May 2015. On 29 November 2017, 44IP filed an invalidation action against this registration.

44IP attempted to trademark the name “Lewis Hamilton” but Hamilton International (now Swatch) opposed the move.

What I can't quite find out is which occurred first.

Its most likely that this was all about protecting Lewis Hamiltons intellectual Property.
I guess the worry is that Swatch will try to expand the fairly obscure Hamilton watch brand and trade off Lewis Hamiltons image as a world wide celebrity.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 11-20-2020 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 03:48 PM   #239
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:

44IP attempted to trademark the name “Lewis Hamilton” but Hamilton International (now Swatch) opposed the move.

What I can't quite find out is which occurred first.
Does it matter which occurred first?

The hamilton watch company held it's trademark because they've been making watches about 100 years longer than Lewis is alive, and that they've had multiple Hamilton trademarks already. This is about class 35/37 businesses. So for example that the Hamilton watch company can also repair their watches under their brand name.
Lewis wanted to prevent that.

If you think Hamilton is a 'fairly obscure brand' then you're clearly not a watch guy.

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-20-2020 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58897.50
      11-20-2020, 04:50 PM   #240
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

If you think Hamilton is a 'fairly obscure brand' then you're clearly not a watch guy.
Me and 99.99999% of the world.
But anyway the actions of 44IP are just another stick for the Hamilton haters to brandish. There will be plenty more.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 05:00 PM   #241
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

What are the odds of HAM having a Hamilton watch to two in his collection heheh
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2020, 11:55 AM   #242
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
What are the odds of HAM having a Hamilton watch to two in his collection heheh
hmmm maybe not very likely.
Lewis is on the payroll of IWC, a watch brand from the Richemont group (one of Swatch' biggest competitors).

Maybe IWC/Richemont saw the legal oppertunity and set up Lewis' henchmen to irritate one of their competitors in court...who knows
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58897.50