BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Any one in the U.S. ordering?

12-01-2020, 09:11 PM   #23
rkoblin
Kobe’s
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 and 2021 Z4

My Z4-40 has been sitting at the port in Austria since November 27th. I emailed BMW to find out when it would be shipped to the states. Of course no one reads emails and they reiterated that the car was at the port since the 27th. DUH I have know that. My dealer reconfirmed sitting there at the dock but no other information. Good thing the car had no problems as it would have been moved to another part of the dock for problem fixing. So still hoping by Christmas. At least the weather in South Carolina can have a number of top down days during the winter. To be continued........
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 09:47 PM   #24
badfitter
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoblin View Post
My Z4-40 has been sitting at the port in Austria since November 27th. I emailed BMW to find out when it would be shipped to the states. Of course no one reads emails and they reiterated that the car was at the port since the 27th. DUH I have know that. My dealer reconfirmed sitting there at the dock but no other information. Good thing the car had no problems as it would have been moved to another part of the dock for problem fixing. So still hoping by Christmas. At least the weather in South Carolina can have a number of top down days during the winter. To be continued........
I don't think that Austria has a port, per se. I'm guessing the cars are shipped to one of the big international ports like Rotterdam or...

My car sat at the port for almost 3 weeks and I was told it take a while for a full ship load to be assembled before the ship to sail. Your status should change to "In transit" once the ship sets sail from Europe and then status as at the port again once it hits the US. After that, an In transit status will tell you the car is on a truck to your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 02:57 AM   #25
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoblin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfitter View Post
I don't think that Austria has a port, per se. I'm guessing the cars are shipped to one of the big international ports like Rotterdam or...

My car sat at the port for almost 3 weeks and I was told it take a while for a full ship load to be assembled before the ship to sail. Your status should change to "In transit" once the ship sets sail from Europe and then status as at the port again once it hits the US. After that, an In transit status will tell you the car is on a truck to your dealer.
Port is Bremerhaven. Mine was built 6/10. Sailed 6/30. Vessel info was available after departure. Took about 4 weeks to get to the store.

Name:  apollon630.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  92.3 KB

Last edited by BMWGirlFL; 12-02-2020 at 03:04 AM..
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410783.00