BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Consumer Guide Automotive 2021 Z4 Best Buy Review

12-06-2020, 03:07 PM   #1
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Consumer Guide Automotive 2021 Z4 Best Buy Review

https://consumerguide.com/best-buys/2021-bmw-z4/
Quote:
2021 BMW Z4 Best Buy Review

IT’S A BEST BUY BECAUSE:
The Z4 is a delightful dual-purpose machine that is equally capable of being coddling or invigorating, depending on which of the selectable drive modes you choose.

BUT…
Not surprisingly, cargo space is tight, and the spendy options drive up the reasonable base prices quickly.

WORTH NOTING:
The Z4 comes solely as a roadster, but it shares its basic chassis and powertrains with the Toyota Supra, which comes only as a hatchback coupe.

WHAT IS IT?
The Z4 is BMW’s 2-seat convertible sports car. It was redesigned for 2019 in sDrive30i form, powered by a 255-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder. For 2020, an sDrive M40i model—powered by a turbo 3.0-liter six that makes 382 hp—was added to the line. Both engines are paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission; a manual gearbox is not available. Standard features include automatic climate control, Apple CarPlay connectivity, power seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, navigation system, high-resolution digital instrument cluster, and a wind deflector that fits between the headrests. Available features include adaptive suspension, full-color head-up display, heated seats and steering wheel, wireless device charging, Wi-Fi hotspot capability, ambient interior lighting, and a Harman Kardon surround-sound system. A forward collision warning system with low-speed automatic emergency braking is standard; a blind-spot monitor, lane-departure warning, and park distance control are optional.

WHAT’S NEW?
The Z4 sees only minor tweaks for 2021. Satellite radio and Android Auto connectivity are now standard on all models, and a wireless smartphone charging pad and M Sport brakes with red calipers are new options.

FUEL ECONOMY
The Z4 is rated at a respectable 25 mpg city/32 highway with the 4-cylinder engine and 22/30 with the 6-cylinder. In Consumer Guide® testing, an sDrive30i averaged 24.4 mpg in 60-percent city driving. Premium-grade gas is required with both engines.

VALUE IN CLASS
In either 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder form, the BMW Z4 is a supple, sophisticated machine that feels in its element on a leisurely Sunday cruise or a spirited blast along a curvy road. As two-seat roadsters go, the Z4’s cockpit is a bit more spacious than the norm, which plus-size folks should appreciate. The extensive array of options and option packages can bump up the bottom line, but also enables a good degree of customization.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 02:15 PM   #3
Mixitt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 X40i; 2021 Z4 30i