BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Just waiting to hear if it's actually at the dealer!

01-14-2021, 09:56 AM   #1
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Just waiting to hear if it's actually at the dealer!

What was everyone's experience when you go to this point?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 11:13 AM   #2
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
My car was at the dealer.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 12:50 PM   #3
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post

Thanks. They just told me it's not there yet...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 01:11 PM   #4
tr0406
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i

Mine was at the dealership before the website updates it.

But that was a Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 04:11 PM   #5
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0406 View Post
Mine was at the dealership before the website updates it.

But that was a Saturday.
same experience for me. i knew it was at the dealer before the site updated to reflect the same
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 04:54 PM   #6
CeEl
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcard71 View Post
Quote:

Depending on size of dealer it may not have been unloaded yet, or still be in intake and their inventory not yet updated. So when you call they say they don't have it yet.

Happened to me, too. And I was ticked because instead of being able to pick it up on a Saturday and enjoy a gorgeous Sunday with the car I had to pick it up the following Monday in nasty weather, take off work , etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 07:47 PM   #7
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Depending on size of dealer it may not have been unloaded yet, or still be in intake and their inventory not yet updated. So when you call they say they don't have it yet.

Happened to me, too. And I was ticked because instead of being able to pick it up on a Saturday and enjoy a gorgeous Sunday with the car I had to pick it up the following Monday in nasty weather, take off work , etc.
Got it!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
CJ4211450.00
CeEl477.50
      01-16-2021, 06:14 AM   #8
Mixitt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 X40i; 2021 Z4 30i

Quote:
Got it!!
Looks great! Have fun.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 04:03 PM   #9
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Got it!!
Looks beautiful!

Paint it in S.F. Red and you've got mine (less the red calipers). I like the bright metal kidney grill surround - really nice against the black car. I think the wheels and tires look great too - I guess I should, as I ordered the same.

According to my calculations it took you 81 days from order placed to car delivered. Sound about right? Looks like whoever told you 4 weeks on 12/21/2020 was pretty close - you got it a couple of days early. Was your post on that date the first time you saw "IN TRANSIT" on the website? I'm "IN THE PAINT BOOTH" now and was trying to figure out when I might be seeing mine.

I hope the weather is cooperative with you and you can get the car through break-in before the weather gets really nice. Head for the White Mountains!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #10
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geradeaus View Post
Quote:
Got it!!
Looks beautiful!

Paint it in S.F. Red and you've got mine (less the red calipers). I like the bright metal kidney grill surround - really nice against the black car. I think the wheels and tires look great too - I guess I should, as I ordered the same.

According to my calculations it took you 81 days from order placed to car delivered. Sound about right? Looks like whoever told you 4 weeks on 12/21/2020 was pretty close - you got it a couple of days early. Was your post on that date the first time you saw "IN TRANSIT" on the website? I'm "IN THE PAINT BOOTH" now and was trying to figure out when I might be seeing mine.

I hope the weather is cooperative with you and you can get the car through break-in before the weather gets really nice. Head for the White Mountains!
Yes, you are correct. I'll have to go back and look, but 81 days sounds about right.

Haha - this is going to get ceramic coated next week and then in the garage until April 1st or whenever the snow melts and the salt is gone! 😝
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 07:50 AM   #11
Mixitt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Haha - this is going to get ceramic coated next week and then in the garage until April 1st or whenever the snow melts and the salt is gone! 😝
Curious, what are they charging you and what is the product they're using?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 07:59 AM   #12
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixitt View Post
Quote:
Curious, what are they charging you and what is the product they're using?
They're using Ceramic Pro and about $800.

I know I can order stuff on line and do it myself, but I don't have the time or patience and willing to pay to have the paint correction and ceramic coating done by a shop that has been doing it for 5 years with 4.9 out of 5.0 reviews.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #13
Mixitt
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I know I can order stuff on line and do it myself, but I don't have the time or patience and willing to pay to have the paint correction and ceramic coating done by a shop that has been doing it for 5 years with 4.9 out of 5.0 reviews.
I understand, was kinda in the same boat but ended up paying a mobile detailing shop $125 to prep the car (de-iron contamination, clay, shampoo, etc.) and used one of the best, CQuartz UK 3.0 for $50. Wife would wipe down panels in front of me with diluted iso. alcohol. Was fun. No paint correction is needed. Be sure and ask about their prep because that's 80% of the work involved. Car is also a lot smaller than my X5 so it should go pretty quick for me, if I ever get the damn thing!

Will ceramic coat the leather with Gyeon ceramic leather coating and treat the fabric top too.

Also, I spent hours watching detailers' trials over months and years regarding which coating was the toughest - waxes, polymers, ceramic. CQuartz outlasted most regarding exposure to harsh weather elements, caustic chemicals that were applied to each product, etc. Panels such as new car hoods taped off were used in most videos. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...c+coating+test

Last edited by Mixitt; 01-17-2021 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 09:44 AM   #14
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I understand, was kinda in the same boat but ended up paying a mobile detailing shop $125 to prep the car (de-iron contamination, clay, shampoo, etc.) and used one of the best, CQuartz UK 3.0 for $50. Wife would wipe down panels in front of me with diluted iso. alcohol. Was fun. No paint correction is needed. Be sure and ask about their prep because that's 80% of the work involved. Car is also a lot smaller than my X5 so it should go pretty quick for me, if I ever get the damn thing!

Will ceramic coat the leather with Gyeon ceramic leather coating and treat the fabric top too.

Also, I spent hours watching detailers' trials over months and years regarding which coating was the toughest - waxes, polymers, ceramic. CQuartz outlasted most regarding exposure to harsh weather elements, caustic chemicals that were applied to each product, etc. Panels such as new car hoods taped off were used in most videos. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...c+coating+test
The place I'm taking it to has the best reputation in our area. Here's the link.

I did use the CQuartz on my Audi A6 and it's holding up so far, but for the Z4 I wanted to get it professionally done.

https://www.qcarcare.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 10:02 AM   #15
Mixitt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The place I'm taking it to has the best reputation in our area. Here's the link.

I did use the CQuartz on my Audi A6 and it's holding up so far, but for the Z4 I wanted to get it professionally done.

Fancy!

I cleaned the normally hidden, painted areas like the door jams, open trunk area, etc. real well and applied a spray on polymer coating.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 10:53 AM   #16
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Fancy!

I cleaned the normally hidden, painted areas like the door jams, open trunk area, etc. real well and applied a spray on polymer coating.
Yeah, I'm going to do the same thing to the interior and cloth top as you are doing. Great idea - thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0