BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Goodyear Assurance Triple treads vs Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions

12-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Goodyear Assurance Triple treads vs Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions

So the Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons didn't last 8,000 miles....... The fronts are worn out on the outer edges and Goodyear does not make the F1's in the size of the Aura's rim anymore so it is an all 4 job. So after research, I have narrowed it down to the Assurance Triple treads( my dad has a fierce loyalty to Goodyear) vs the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position. I really liked the F1's for their grip and handling in dry and wet conditions. Good grip, response, etc. The Pole Positions would give me the closest performance to the F1's. My dad with his loyalty prefers the Assurance triple treads despite telling him that I have been told that the Triple Treads have the same wear problem as the F1's. He is concerned that getting a similar high performance tire as the F1's, they will not last. I told him I have read over at tirerack, that people have put on 35,000-50,000 miles with no problems.

So anyone out there that can give me any insight with these two tires?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
SantaPimp27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow homie

I have the bridgestones. cant really tell you how good they are because all i can compare them too is the stock runflats.

they are holding up pretty well tho. ive put about 8,000 miles on them and they still have tons of tread left. there great in the wet and decent in the snow.