BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Is Benjamin Netanyahu a psychopath?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #89
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
929
Rep
1,566
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Listen strawmam, when you fail to acknowledge the problems we have hear in the US, you look less credible, like a prison system that is for profit, and is literally a revolving door that does nothing to rehabilitate thise who are in it. We have people who are still treated as second class citizens (women/minorites/gays), we pretty much support our own brand of terrorism, where we bomb people with drones and care little for the innocent who lose thier life in the process - we a shit ton of other issues we should work on fixing before pointing fingers at another country/people.
Like spelling and grammar?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #90
Acertx
Enlisted Member
United_States
3
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Listen strawmam, when you fail to acknowledge the problems we have hear in the US, you look less credible, like a prison system that is for profit, and is literally a revolving door that does nothing to rehabilitate thise who are in it. We have people who are still treated as second class citizens (women/minorites/gays), we pretty much support our own brand of terrorism, where we bomb people with drones and care little for the innocent who lose thier life in the process - we a shit ton of other issues we should work on fixing before pointing fingers at another country/people.
Women, minorities, and gays have it much better in this country than in the Middle East. The prison system is also much better than in most countries around the world. The US does not target innocent civilians, but keep on being seriously delusional about that one. You decided to play the moral equivalence game, so don't pretend I setup that argument. I personally have been to Iraq and have witnessed the aftermath of the people you say are just as good as us, which is exactly why I asked if you have been to such places. Perhaps you need to see to believe, because your views on this subject are not based in reality.

So once again an Iranian regime that has committed acts of war against the United States and has sponsored terrorism is not a good thing for American citizens.

Last edited by Acertx; 04-26-2015 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #91
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acertx View Post
Women, minorities, and gays have it much better in this country than in the Middle East. The prison system is also much better than in most countries around the world. The US does not target innocent civilians, but keep on being seriously delusional about that one. You decided to play the moral equivalence game, so don't pretend I setup that argument. I personally have been to Iraq and have witnessed the aftermath of the people you say are just as good as us, which is exactly why I asked if you have been to such places. Perhaps you need to see to believe, because your views on this subject are not based in reality.

So once again an Iranian regime that has committed acts of war against the United States and has sponsored terrorism is not a good thing for American citizens.
Having it much better doesn't mean it's "good", Why is that so hard for you to understand? You're making broad generalizations without pointing out any specifics. Do people in "the Middle East" just get arrested for NOT breaking the law?

And please, you're limited experience in Iraq as a contractor doesn't give you moral authority or valuable insight to how things are with all independant nations in the region.


And I'd like to point out the United States has committed acts of war crimes against MANY different countries and backed Israel while they illegally expanded their settlements in Palestine.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #92
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Like spelling and grammar?
Oh my phone. I'm sure you have more to add to the conversation than this, or are my expectations too high?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #93
Dalko43
Captain
167
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Listen strawmam, when you fail to acknowledge the problems we have hear in the US, you look less credible, like a prison system that is for profit, and is literally a revolving door that does nothing to rehabilitate thise who are in it. We have people who are still treated as second class citizens (women/minorites/gays), we pretty much support our own brand of terrorism, where we bomb people with drones and care little for the innocent who lose thier life in the process - we a shit ton of other issues we should work on fixing before pointing fingers at another country/people.
For profit US prisons = an issue. At the very least, the US justice system offers everyone the right to a fair trial, and legal recourse if there was any perceived mishandling.

Prison systems in 99% of the rest of the world = a problem. Lack of Habeas Corpus or fair trials. People are thrown in jail simply for having a different religious or political beliefs from the political ruling class.


Women, minorities and gays in the US are discriminated against? How so? There are anti-discrimination laws (Federal and state) which prohibit such practices. Certainly racism and sexism exists in the US, but I can't think of any situations in the US where governments or businesses are allowed to openly practice such beliefs. Gay right to marriage is an ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved, I agree.

But compared to the blatant racism, sexism and discrimination that minorities, women, and gays have to deal with in most other countries, our so-called problems are quite petty by comparison.


When you say these things you come across as a spoiled brat who has no idea how good you really have it in a country like the US. I certainly don't believe the US is anywhere near perfect, but to equivocate our own social issues with those of 3rd World nations run by autocratic strongmen is laughable at best.
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #94
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
For profit US prisons = an issue. At the very least, the US justice system offers everyone the right to a fair trial, and legal recourse if there was any perceived mishandling.

Prison systems in 99% of the rest of the world = a problem. Lack of Habeas Corpus or fair trials. People are thrown in jail simply for having a different religious or political beliefs from the political ruling class.


Women, minorities and gays in the US are discriminated against? How so? There are anti-discrimination laws (Federal and state) which prohibit such practices. Certainly racism and sexism exists in the US, but I can't think of any situations in the US where governments or businesses are allowed to openly practice such beliefs. Gay right to marriage is an ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved, I agree.

But compared to the blatant racism, sexism and discrimination that minorities, women, and gays have to deal with in most other countries, our so-called problems are quite petty by comparison.


When you say these things you come across as a spoiled brat who has no idea how good you really have it in a country like the US. I certainly don't believe the US is anywhere near perfect, but to equivocate our own social issues with those of 3rd World nations run by autocratic strongmen is laughable at best.
Prison system = problem. There doesn't need to be any further justfication. Pointing out the fault of others doesn't make the problems we have at home any less serious or significant.

Discrimination = problem (and on that still exist) when we have STATES that refuse to reconize marriage between two consenting adults, basically denying them the same rights/benefits as we do other citizens. That IS blatant, that DOES exist - it's real.

We have gone far off topic.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 01:31 PM   #95
Dalko43
Captain
167
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Prison system = problem. There doesn't need to be any further justfication. Pointing out the fault of others doesn't make the problems we have at home any less serious or significant.
Actually in this case, I believe it does. There certainly is a conversation to be had on the pro's/con's of privatized prison systems. But we do have a prison system which acts within the regulations established by our state and federal governments...that is not the case for prisons in most other places.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Discrimination = problem (and on that still exist) when we have STATES that refuse to reconize marriage between two consenting adults, basically denying them the same rights/benefits as we do other citizens. That IS blatant, that DOES exist - it's real.
And as I said in my earlier post, I agree that gay marriage (or the lackthereof) is one of the big exceptions...but to say racism, sexism or discrimination is legitimized or widely accepted in this country is pretty ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
We have gone far off topic.
You were the one who initially brought up these topics, and you were the one who equivocated America with foreign countries on these issues.

Like I said before, America certainly isn't perfect, but neither are we anywhere near as troubled as most other countries when it comes to these social issues.
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 01:38 PM   #96
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
Actually in this case, I believe it does. There certainly is a conversation to be had on the pro's/con's of privatized prison systems. But we do have a prison system which acts within the regulations established by our state and federal governments...that is not the case for prisons in most other places.
I stopped reading there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
And as I said in my earlier post, I agree that gay marriage (or the lackthereof) is one of the big exceptions...but to say racism, sexism or discrimination is legitimized or widely accepted in this country is pretty ridiculous.
But it isn't - while it may not be outwardly prevalent, there is still a strong institutionalized bias towards minorities. Let's not go there please.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
You were the one who initially brought up these topics, and you were the one who equivocated America with foreign countries on these issues.

Like I said before, America certainly isn't perfect, but neither are we anywhere near as troubled as most other countries when it comes to these social issues.
No, pointed out America isn't perfect (It's not) and trying to use a broad brush to paint everyone who doesn't adhere to our way of life is "bad", sounds a lot like ethnocentrism to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 02:00 PM   #97
Dalko43
Captain
167
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I stopped reading there.
You obviously didn't, because otherwise how would you have been able to respond to the later parts of my post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
But it isn't - while it may not be outwardly prevalent, there is still a strong institutionalized bias towards minorities. Let's not go there please.
No, let us go there...individual racism/discrimination certainly exists in this country, in many different forms. But to suggest that racism exists in an institutionalized form (embraced and legitimized by governments, businesses and social institutions) is absurd.

I can't stand this naive narrative that people like you preach: that despite years of advancements and civil rights initiatives, we are still a country of racists and bigots. This broken-record "trending" politics gets old real quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
No, pointed out America isn't perfect (It's not) and trying to use a broad brush to paint everyone who doesn't adhere to our way of life is "bad", sounds a lot like ethnocentrism to me.
It's not that I think foreign cultures are inherently "bad" or "evil" when compared to America's...it's that if I have to pick and chose where I live and how, I'll chose America any day of the week. And oddly enough, so do the millions of migrant workers/families who try to make their residence here every year.

So to play this little contrarian game of yours and say that 'we as Americans have no right to criticize others because of our own problems' is petty on your part. Of course we have issues here in America, but if we can't criticize brutal dictators and power-hungry theocracies, then who in this world can?

You want to ride your high-horse and pretend that we are no better than the 3rd world thugs or socialist strongmen in parts of Europe who ruin lives on daily basis...fine go ahead. I'll continue not giving a shit about your 'uniquely critical views' of American ethnocentrism.
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe

Last edited by Dalko43; 04-27-2015 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #98
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
You obviously didn't, because otherwise how would you have been able to respond to the later parts of my post...


No, let us go there...individual racism/discrimination certainly exists in this country, in many different forms. But to suggest that racism exists in an institutionalized form (embraced and legitimized by governments, businesses and social institutions) is absurd.
Because it's TRUE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redlining
-http://www.businessinsider.com/bank-of-america-settlement-with-department-of-justice-335-million-2011-12
-http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/money/2015/01/18/five-star-settles-redlining-claims/21879775/
-http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/20/black-college-graduates_n_5358983.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
I can't stand this naive narrative that people like you preach: that despite years of advancements and civil rights initiatives, we are still a country of racists and bigots. This broken-record "trending" politics gets old real quickly.
I'm tired of people like you who don't realized that there is STILL a lot of work to be done.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
It's not that I think foreign cultures are inherently "bad" or "evil" when compared to America's...it's that if I have to pick and chose where I live and how, I'll chose America any day of the week. And oddly enough, so do the millions of migrant workers/families who try to make their residence here every year.

So to play this little contrarian game of yours and say that 'we as Americans have no right to criticize others because of our own problems' is petty on your part. Of course we have issues here in America, but if we can't criticize brutal dictators and power-hungry theocracies, then who in this world can?

You want to ride your high-horse and pretend that we are no better than the 3rd world thugs or socialist strongmen in parts of Europe who ruin lives on daily basis...fine go ahead. I'll continue not giving a shit about your 'uniquely critical views' of American ethnocentrism.
Soo...Ethnocentrism and Nationalism aka ignorance - got it.
I have no problem with socialism, and I wouldn't be upset if our policies were more in line with proven systems like in Scandinavia or Canada.

Unlike you, I'm not going to blindly declare Iranians as "savages" or assert myself above them when the United States has done, and continues to do things equally as brutal. This is all stemming from me saying I don't think it's America's business or in our interest to be Israel's lap dog - we (I) owe them nothing, and they deserve nothing.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #99
Dalko43
Captain
167
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Because it's TRUE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redlining
-http://www.businessinsider.com/bank-of-america-settlement-with-department-of-justice-335-million-2011-12
-http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/money/2015/01/18/five-star-settles-redlining-claims/21879775/
-http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/20/black-college-graduates_n_5358983.html
I can also provide you examples of murder and rape occurring in our country...that doesn't mean such actions are sanctioned or legitimized by our society as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I'm tired of people like you who don't realized that there is STILL a lot of work to be done.
There is always work to be done...as I said, our country isn't perfect. I think most people, however, are tired of being guilt-tripped and berated for being inherently racist simply because of the skin color or socio-economic background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Soo...Ethnocentrism and Nationalism aka ignorance - got it.
I have no problem with socialism, and I wouldn't be upset if our policies were more in line with proven systems like in Scandinavia or Canada.
So preferring to live in one country versus another is now considered ethnocentric and ignorant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Unlike you, I'm not going to blindly declare Iranians as "savages" or assert myself above them when the United States has done, and continues to do things equally as brutal. This is all stemming from me saying I don't think it's America's business or in our interest to be Israel's lap dog - we (I) owe them nothing, and they deserve nothing.
When/Where did I call Iranians "savages"? I don't have any issue or bias against Iranians or any other ethnic groups for that matter. You are trying your hardest to turn this into a racial argument for some reason.

I do have a huge issue with the Iranian Ayatollahs and the religious regime which has systematically suppressed the individual rights of its citizens and has been one of the greatest instigators of terrorism/violence in that region. And I certainly don't see any reason why that regime should be allowed to have nuclear weapons.

And why does opposition to that Iranian regime automatically make you a "lap dog" of the Israelis? By that same logic, are not the Saudi's, Egyptians, Qatari's then "lap dogs" of the Israelis?
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #100
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
I can also provide you examples of murder and rape occurring in our country...that doesn't mean such actions are sanctioned or legitimized by our society as a whole.



There is always work to be done...as I said, our country isn't perfect. I think most people, however, are tired of being guilt-tripped and berated for being inherently racist simply because of the skin color or socio-economic background.



So preferring to live in one country versus another is now considered ethnocentric and ignorant?



When/Where did I call Iranians "savages"? I don't have any issue or bias against Iranians or any other ethnic groups for that matter. You are trying your hardest to turn this into a racial argument for some reason.

I do have a huge issue with the Iranian Ayatollahs and the religious regime which has systematically suppressed the individual rights of its citizens and has been one of the greatest instigators of terrorism/violence in that region. And I certainly don't see any reason why that regime should be allowed to have nuclear weapons.

And why does opposition to that Iranian regime automatically make you a "lap dog" of the Israelis? By that same logic, are not the Saudi's, Egyptians, Qatari's then "lap dogs" of the Israelis?

Say what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Axiom
But it isn't - while it may not be outwardly prevalent, there is still a strong institutionalized bias towards minorities. Let's not go there please.
Why does opposition to Israel's regime automatically make you a supporter of Iran?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #101
Dalko43
Captain
167
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Say what?
Why does opposition to Israel's regime automatically make you a supporter of Iran?
I never accused you, or anyone else who opposes Israel's government, of being supporters of Iran.

You were the one who implied that to oppose Iranian's nuclear ambitions = being a "lap dog" of the Israeli's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Unlike you, I'm not going to blindly declare Iranians as "savages" or assert myself above them when the United States has done, and continues to do things equally as brutal. This is all stemming from me saying I don't think it's America's business or in our interest to be Israel's lap dog - we (I) owe them nothing, and they deserve nothing.
If that is your logic, then you must also acknowledge Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, France, among many others, to be lap dogs of the Israeli's for their opposition to the nuclear armament of Iran.

And if you really think that the American government has the moral equivalence of the Iranian Ayatollahs, you must have a real jaded view of your own country.
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 09:43 AM   #102
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
I never accused you, or anyone else who opposes Israel's government, of being supporters of Iran.

You were the one who implied that to oppose Iranian's nuclear ambitions = being a "lap dog" of the Israeli's.



If that is your logic, then you must also acknowledge Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, France, among many others, to be lap dogs of the Israeli's for their opposition to the nuclear armament of Iran.

And if you really think that the American government has the moral equivalence of the Iranian Ayatollahs, you must have a real jaded view of your own country.
Iran has no nuclear weapons, our treaty with them is a good one - what reason do you oppose it outside the false reasons Israel gave?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 05:49 AM   #103
Acertx
Enlisted Member
United_States
3
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Having it much better doesn't mean it's "good", Why is that so hard for you to understand? You're making broad generalizations without pointing out any specifics. Do people in "the Middle East" just get arrested for NOT breaking the law?

And please, you're limited experience in Iraq as a contractor doesn't give you moral authority or valuable insight to how things are with all independant nations in the region.


And I'd like to point out the United States has committed acts of war crimes against MANY different countries and backed Israel while they illegally expanded their settlements in Palestine.
Yes minorities, homosexuals, and every other "special" class that you libtards create has fantastic opportunities compared to most other countires.

I was NEVER a contractor. I was an 11B in the Army so please STFU, and my experiences are not unique for veterans.

We are not equal to Arab or Communist countries, because our country is truly that MUCH better.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 03:53 AM   #104
Acertx
Enlisted Member
United_States
3
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Iran has no nuclear weapons, our treaty with them is a good one - what reason do you oppose it outside the false reasons Israel gave?
When terrorists attack in Dallas are you going to change your tune, or are you going to keep going with your "they can be reasoned with" dumb@$$ logic? Like I have said again and again; they want Americans dead.

http://pix11.com/2015/05/03/officer-...test-in-texas/

I'm not psychic btw. I just use logic, common sense, and life experience to call it like it is. You want to appease these people just like Chamberlain did, but there is no appeasing them which is why these same sort of people were Nazi allies. Read a freaking book; it's not rocket science!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #105
Dalko43
Captain
167
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Iran has no nuclear weapons, our treaty with them is a good one - what reason do you oppose it outside the false reasons Israel gave?
Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons now...the issue is whether they will get nuclear weapons later.

And our treaty with Iran on this issue is non-existent. All we have is a framework and an agreement that we will eventually negotiate something by June of this year.

The negotiations were supposed to have been resolved by June of 2014. Iran has delayed this whole process; all they need is time. If they can wait out the international community for a few years more and get their hands on nukes, all treaties and negotiations become irrelevant.

Meanwhile, they have had no qualms about:
-Beefing up their Surface to Air missile defenses.
-Enhancing their Ballistic Missile program.
-Aiding extremist proxy groups in Syria, Iraq and Yemen.
-Keeping military sites off-limits to weapons inspectors (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...eal-moniz-says)

Yeah, this "deal" is working out very well...
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #106
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons now...the issue is whether they will get nuclear weapons later.

And our treaty with Iran on this issue is non-existent. All we have is a framework and an agreement that we will eventually negotiate something by June of this year.

The negotiations were supposed to have been resolved by June of 2014. Iran has delayed this whole process; all they need is time. If they can wait out the international community for a few years more and get their hands on nukes, all treaties and negotiations become irrelevant.

Meanwhile, they have had no qualms about:
-Beefing up their Surface to Air missile defenses.
-Enhancing their Ballistic Missile program.
-Aiding extremist proxy groups in Syria, Iraq and Yemen.
-Keeping military sites off-limits to weapons inspectors (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...eal-moniz-says)

Yeah, this "deal" is working out very well...
So your arguement is that Iran doesn't have the right to defend themselves? First it's about not allowing them to have access to creating a WMD - which according our intel, they are a long way off from, now we are moving the goal post to say they can't strengthen their military? Next, you'll be begging us to preemptively strike Iran too.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #107
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acertx View Post
When terrorists attack in Dallas are you going to change your tune, or are you going to keep going with your "they can be reasoned with" dumb@$$ logic? Like I have said again and again; they want Americans dead.

http://pix11.com/2015/05/03/officer-...test-in-texas/

I'm not psychic btw. I just use logic, common sense, and life experience to call it like it is. You want to appease these people just like Chamberlain did, but there is no appeasing them which is why these same sort of people were Nazi allies. Read a freaking book; it's not rocket science!
Who is this "they?" Are we going to start claiming that every Muslim is of the same beliefs and equally as responsible as extremist? Do you share the same views as the KKK?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 12:25 PM   #108
Dalko43
Captain
167
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
So your arguement is that Iran doesn't have the right to defend themselves?
Iran certainly can make an argument about why it needs Surface-to-Air Missiles. But the only real purpose behind having Ballistic Missiles is to deliver long range, high capacity payloads (like nuclear warheads).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
First it's about not allowing them to have access to creating a WMD - which according our intel, they are a long way off from,
You should do some actual research on that subject, because many international scientists and arms control experts place that "break-out time" anywhere from 3 to 12 months.

http://armscontrolcenter.org/publica...sile_programs/

http://isis-online.org/uploads/isis-...ctober2013.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
now we are moving the goal post to say they can't strengthen their military? Next, you'll be begging us to preemptively strike Iran too.
So you would call funding, training and cooperating with extremist groups in Syria, Iraq and Yemen "strengthening their military"?

And since when do we consider Ballistic Missiles weapons required for self-defense? The only tactical reason for having a ballistic missile is to deliver a mass destruction warhead.

And you still haven't addressed that Iran is unwilling to open up certain military sites to weapons inspections. This "deal" hasn't even been finalized yet and already Iran is demanding that certain sites be excluded from any potential inspections program.
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #109
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
Iran certainly can make an argument about why it needs Surface-to-Air Missiles. But the only real purpose behind having Ballistic Missiles is to deliver long range, high capacity payloads (like nuclear warheads).
Opinion, and again from our intel, Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons and are a long ways of from creating some.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
You should do some actual research on that subject, because many international scientists and arms control experts place that "break-out time" anywhere from 3 to 12 months.

http://armscontrolcenter.org/publica...sile_programs/

http://isis-online.org/uploads/isis-...ctober2013.pdf
Out intell says otherwise -
Quote:
In 2012, sixteen U.S. intelligence agencies, including the CIA, reported that Iran was pursuing research that could enable it to produce nuclear weapons, but was not attempting to do so.[15] The senior officers of all of the major American intelligence agencies stated that there was no conclusive evidence that Iran has made any attempt to produce nuclear weapons since 2003.[16] In a 2007 National Intelligence Estimate, the United States Intelligence Community assessed that Iran had ended all "nuclear weapon design and weaponization work" in 2003.[17] U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta stated in January 2012 that Iran was pursuing a nuclear weapons capability, but was not attempting to produce nuclear weapons.[18] In 2009, U.S. intelligence assessed that Iranian intentions were unknown.[19][20] Some European intelligence believe Iran has resumed its alleged nuclear weapons design work.[21] Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said he had seen no evidence of any nuclear weapons program in Iran,[22] while Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Iran was close to having the capability to produce nuclear weapons.[23][24] Iran has called for nuclear weapons states to disarm and for the Middle East to be a nuclear weapon free zone.[25]
Literally ALL of our intel shows that Iran doesn't have and hasn't been pursuing nuclear weapons technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
So you would call funding, training and cooperating with extremist groups in Syria, Iraq and Yemen "strengthening their military"?
Don't care, not our problem. Also, that's like me asking why Israel allows ultra conservative Orthodox Jews to actively discriminate and shape policy in Israel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
And since when do we consider Ballistic Missiles weapons required for self-defense? The only tactical reason for having a ballistic missile is to deliver a mass destruction warhead.
Opinion, not a fact. Iran has a right to defend itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
And you still haven't addressed that Iran is unwilling to open up certain military sites to weapons inspections. This "deal" hasn't even been finalized yet and already Iran is demanding that certain sites be excluded from any potential inspections program.
BECAUSE WARHEADSSSS!!11!!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 01:37 PM   #110
Dalko43
Captain
167
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Opinion, and again from our intel, Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons and are a long ways of from creating some.

Out intell says otherwise -

Quote:
In 2012, sixteen U.S. intelligence agencies, including the CIA, reported that Iran was pursuing research that could enable it to produce nuclear weapons, but was not attempting to do so.[15] The senior officers of all of the major American intelligence agencies stated that there was no conclusive evidence that Iran has made any attempt to produce nuclear weapons since 2003.[16] In a 2007 National Intelligence Estimate, the United States Intelligence Community assessed that Iran had ended all "nuclear weapon design and weaponization work" in 2003.[17] U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta stated in January 2012 that Iran was pursuing a nuclear weapons capability, but was not attempting to produce nuclear weapons.[18] In 2009, U.S. intelligence assessed that Iranian intentions were unknown.[19][20] Some European intelligence believe Iran has resumed its alleged nuclear weapons design work.[21] Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said he had seen no evidence of any nuclear weapons program in Iran,[22] while Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Iran was close to having the capability to produce nuclear weapons.[23][24] Iran has called for nuclear weapons states to disarm and for the Middle East to be a nuclear weapon free zone.[25]
Literally ALL of our intel shows that Iran doesn't have and hasn't been pursuing nuclear weapons technology.

Define 'a long ways off.' And do you have an article referencing that break out time estimate by US intelligence?

Would you mind posting a link or referencing where you go this whole excerpt from?

I really hope this wasn't copy and pasted from Wikipedia.
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST