BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Donald Trump For President!

08-13-2015, 09:28 AM   #23
Disturbed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Trump is awesome. You can see many on here haven't even hear his speeches and only regurgitate what they hear from left wing wacko news.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #24
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ace/ar-BBlHdrl

Quote:
Recently, Rand Paul called me and asked me to play golf. I easily beat him on the golf course and will even more easily beat him now, in the world in the politics.
Case closed. Trump can easily beat Rand Paul. But can he beat Obama, who seems to practice every week?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #25
direwolfM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
As leaders go, he doesn't have the demeanor, temperament, level-headedness, compassion, thick-skin-ed ness () to even come remotely close to being the POTUS. The fact that he is leading in the polls completely baffles me.

Actually, its quite sad, and it says a lot more about the people in this country more than anything else to be quite honest. That is the more humiliating part.
Agree 100%.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #26
direwolfM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
Trump is awesome. You can see many on here haven't even hear his speeches and only regurgitate what they hear from left wing wacko news.
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #27
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 328i

Trump is a joke... I feel sorry for the people who take him seriously. These people need an education and some real world knowledge pounded into them.
      08-13-2015, 12:06 PM   #28
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolfM3 View Post
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.
It says he's from Florida. So probably 100% serious.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #29
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 6MT Jerez Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
So far, he's been remarkably light on policy details. Not sure if I support his policy on anything, since it's not clear yet what they are.

All I know for sure is that he hates Mexicans, soldiers who get captured, and women who ask legitimate questions about inflammatory comments he has made in the past that are a matter of public record. Gotta expect that in public life. Ignoring the questions and personally attacking the questioner will get old real quick.

I'd love to see a more fiscally conservative POTUS than the last 8 years, but based on what I've seen so far, not sure how he would be able to establish any sort of respectful, mutually beneficial working relationship with any foreign leader. It's like he tries to rub people the wrong way.

The moment they offered any statement which serves their own countries agenda more than the USA (perfectly reasonable thing for a foreign leader to do after all), he will respond by calling them a horrible loser, probably to their face.

Can't we get some fiscal conservatism in a less embarrassing package?
You mean the last 16 yrs. right?
AA Gen 3 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; DB Undertray; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; KWv3 Coilovers w/Swift Springs 448F/784R; Vorschlag Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; APR Splitter; APR GT250 Rear Wing; Autopower Rollbar; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 12:52 PM   #30
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
GOP is doing everything it can to get rid of trump, including having Fox News go after him. That entire GOP debate was a schmear compaign vs trump
The offending question posed to Trump was no more irrelevant than any of the other questions asked that evening. However, unlike the other candidates he chose to get his panties all twisted. He debates and argues much like a child would. Calls people stupid, ugly, or fat pigs.

I really don't think we need that low a level of maturity in charge of the most powerful nation on the planet.
AA Gen 3 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; DB Undertray; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; KWv3 Coilovers w/Swift Springs 448F/784R; Vorschlag Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; APR Splitter; APR GT250 Rear Wing; Autopower Rollbar; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 3
geek50.50

08-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #31
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

He needed to be spanked as a child.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 01:20 PM   #32
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
You mean the last 16 yrs. right?
I know that Glenn Beck famously declared Dubya to be a fiscal liberal, but Beck is batshit crazy...

Dubya did spend a lot for a fiscal conservative, but wars are crazy expensive. His tax cuts, intended to stimulate the economy, were overshadowed by the spending needed to maintain the war efforts.
      08-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #33
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
The offending question posed to Trump was no more irrelevant than any of the other questions asked that evening. However, unlike the other candidates he chose to get his panties all twisted. He debates and argues much like a child would. Calls people stupid, ugly, or fat pigs.

I really don't think we need that low a level of maturity in charge of the most powerful nation on the planet.
I saw a website that tracked his use of certain terms to describe people who were getting the better of him in arguments. It was quite funny, I'll see if I can find it again. In addition to the terms you mention, I recall that "disgusting" and "loser" were really high on his list of go-to terms. Just what you need to represent the country on the world stage.
      08-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #34
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:

only rosie odonnell
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 02:50 PM   #35
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Who cares if Trump wins, he couldn't possibly be worse than the last two clowns we've had at the helm. This whole shit show of a country is on the decline anyway, might as well have some fun and be entertained on the way down.
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2015, 02:57 PM   #36
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
As leaders go, he doesn't have the demeanor, temperament, level-headedness, compassion, thick-skin-ed ness () to even come remotely close to being the POTUS. The fact that he is leading in the polls completely baffles me.

Actually, its quite sad, and it says a lot more about the people in this country more than anything else to be quite honest. That is the more humiliating part.
This!
+2.
      08-13-2015, 03:44 PM   #37
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Who cares if Trump wins, he couldn't possibly be worse than the last two clowns we've had at the helm. This whole shit show of a country is on the decline anyway, might as well have some fun and be entertained on the way down.
hahaha, well he certainly will change things up that's for sure. There's a part of me that wants to see what he can do
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #38
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
only rosie odonnell
Yes, that correction offered up by Mr. Everything was mildly amusing.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 01:01 AM   #39
SoCal235
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235

Quote:
Dubya did spend a lot for a fiscal conservative, but wars are crazy expensive. His tax cuts, intended to stimulate the economy, were overshadowed by the spending needed to maintain the war efforts.
Whod-u-thunk a war could cost lots and lots of money.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2015, 08:08 AM   #40
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
So far, he's been remarkably light on policy details. Not sure if I support his policy on anything, since it's not clear yet what they are.

All I know for sure is that he hates Mexicans, soldiers who get captured, and women who ask legitimate questions about inflammatory comments he has made in the past that are a matter of public record. Gotta expect that in public life. Ignoring the questions and personally attacking the questioner will get old real quick.

I'd love to see a more fiscally conservative POTUS than the last 8 years, but based on what I've seen so far, not sure how he would be able to establish any sort of respectful, mutually beneficial working relationship with any foreign leader. It's like he tries to rub people the wrong way.

The moment they offered any statement which serves their own countries agenda more than the USA (perfectly reasonable thing for a foreign leader to do after all), he will respond by calling them a horrible loser, probably to their face.

Can't we get some fiscal conservatism in a less embarrassing package?
Agree completely. Somehow, for some, continuing to say "I will make this country great again" along with being outspoken and brash is related to being a good choice to lead our country. I look at him more as an entertaining side show than a good choice for President. Inside our country I could see some saying it is a lot of fun, at the international level I see him as an embarrassment.
      08-14-2015, 08:36 AM   #41
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

If we elected Obama, Arnold Swatzerneger why not Trump!!! He has enough experience in bankruptcies!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #42
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
He is currently leading the polls, but who really believes he's fit for president?

What do you think separates him from the other candidates and do you think he'll actually win?!
I think Mr. Trump has the abilities needed to be a good administrative manager of the government. I'm sure the military would respect him if he becomes President even if he was essentially a draft dodger. I don't know how much because like many other privileged young people of his generation, Mr. Trump was essentially a draft dodger, although unlike "W," he didn't even enroll in the National Guard. (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2298248) Clinton, who lacked "silver spoon" beginnings, also avoided the draft, although he cites that as his intention was in joining the ROTC. (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...aftletter.html)

What I'll decide about it depends on how Mr. Trump handles the matter if/when asked about it. If his response doesn't sound like BS, I'll "buy" it and call it "bygones." If he gets defensive and seems to be "spinning" the story, I'll have a far less blase take on the matter and of him and his fitness to be President as a result.

(I wonder if Mr. Trump's ostensibly being a Republican absolves all his youthful shortcomings in the minds of conservatives or whether they are just as "detrimental" to him as conservatives would make them out to be in the case of liberal politicians.)

Several things separate Mr. Trump from the other Republicans running for their party's Presidential nomination.
  • He's been short on explicit policy-related ideas. For a man in his position, it's shocking that he's not released much in this regard. Plenty of folks have policy viewpoints, just read this forum. That he wants to be President and has published none of note is disconcerting to me.
  • Trump is willing to express in unvarnished language sentiments quite similar to those held by the common American. I like that he at least seems to speak without a lot of artifice. I don't like that his appeals are to the lowest common denominators in the American citizenry. Mr. Trump is a very sophisticated and bright man. The crassness with which he's so far expressed some of his ideas is well beneath what I'd expect from a President. Though he adroitly plays to pathos, his statements doing so oversimplify things that really aren't simple. I know he cannot possibly see the world as being as cut and dried as his statements make it out to be; he couldn't have built up his business empire as he has were he to only see things so simplistically.
  • Mr. Trump is personally -- not just his political consultants -- media and marketing savvy. That's another good and bad thing about him, IMO. He's well aware of how marketing tactics can be used to convince the public of anything, regardless of whether it's true or not; he knows most people mostly want to be led rather than having to think deeply about things. Mr. Trump knows how to use the "hype" to his benefit. And most people are quicker to accept "hype" when it says what they want to believe in the first place. It just takes too much "something" to challenge one's own beliefs.
  • Trump is less a "party man" than are his opponents. As with so much about him, I think that's good and bad. The man displays more "all about 'The Donald' " than do his opponents' display their self centeredness. I don't mind that he cares more about achieving his goal -- winning the Presidency -- than he does about the Republican Party. Frankly, as goes not caring about the fortunes of the party itself, I wish the Democrats had a candidate who is much like him, but has different views on certain topics.
  • Mr. Trump is willing to change his mind; he's more than a little arrogant and egotistical -- anyone with the balls to think they should be U.S.' President is, or a leader of any sort, so that's no fatal flaw necessarily -- but he's also not a pure ideologue. For example, it wasn't long ago that Mr. Trump supported universal health care and providing a path to citizenship for illegal aliens.

(Will the Democrats find Mr. Trump to "flip floppy?" Will the Republicans recall that they had issues with "flip flopping" Senator Kerry?)
  • Mr. Trump is more media savvy and "in touch" with the puerile thinking of the "common man." In 2012, Mr. Trump pledged to donate $5M to a charity of Obama's choice if Obama disclosed his college transcripts (or something similar). It's one thing to want to see the information, but to put $5M worth of importance on it, even if one is a billionaire does nothing but pander to the smallmindedness of the typical American voter. Anyone who's ever participated in senior executive recruitment knows this to be so.

For example, in my firm, every partner lists their college, grad school and degrees on their resume, but for not one of us evaluating them does what they put matter for whether we see them as an asset to the firm's future. These people have 20+ years of professional accomplishments; what the studied and where no longer matters. They sit with us and have involved discussions; we can tell if they are smart, strong communicators and motivators, innovative and strategic thinkers, driven, etc.
Mr. Trump has a mix of views. Some of them I agree with and others I don't. I'm currently uncertain whether I would vote for him in a Presidential election. Some of Mr. Trump's stated positions strike me as downright ignorant. (http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm)
  • Ignorant
    • Climate change -- doesn't think it's happening
    • Advocacy of a 0% corporate tax
    • John McCain's actions in Vietnam were not "heroic".
    • All but eliminating the Dept. of Education
    • Foreign Polich -- "When you love America, you protect it with no apologies." (not entirely ignorant, but ignorant enough for me to see it as such.)
    • Trade -- the issue with a lot of what I think on Mr. Trumps views in this area is that they conflict with one another. (I've noted only the parts I find to be ignorant.)
      • 35% import duty on Mexican goods
      • 20% import duty on other imported goods
      • Repatriate jobs China has stolen

I think this ignorant because to make it happen, production costs would have to become significantly lower in U.S. and since the capital expenditures that enable production have happened, the only way to do that in the short term is to lower the cost of labor because everything is built with either capital or labor. Lowering the cost of labor means the average person will see far less wealth accumulation as a result and that would almost certainly lead to civil revolt. There is another way to make this happen -- reduce the rate of expected profit growth -- but I see that as equally unlikely to happen and even less desirable to the people who control the country, the heads of large corporations. That wouldn't cause civil revolt, but it would result in absolute stagnation in Congress, even worse than what we have now.

Also, Mr. Trump would like to all but eliminate the national debt. I would too, but doing so will make the dollar super strong. A very strong dollar essentially means U.S. will be able to export only luxury goods. Everything will be to damn expensive for anyone but luxury consumers to buy. So much for bringing jobs back to America.
    • Security -- Defeat ISIS and stop Islamic terrorists -- It's not that I don't want to see ISIS ended; I do. I fell however that the military approach to doing so is a waste of resources. I believe that a snake in the grass would sooner leave me alone than strike, which, though it may kill me eventually, the snake almost certainly won't survive intact either, and it knows it can't eat me even if it does kill me. If I can give it an alternative that is less risky overall, it'll take it.

People are no different; all creatures innately understand when it's better to fight or flee, or at least cease and desist. Terrorists are terrorists because they don't perceive that there is any other alternative that, though not 100% of what they would like, is "enough-%" of it that they could accept it.
Of other blurbs noted on the site I linked above, I think some of them are good ideas and I think some of them are probably bad ideas but I'd be willing to try them to find out for sure because they haven't been tried before. Some of them -- such as, but not limited to, his abortion, 2nd Amendment, welfare and other social policy views -- differ from my views, but I could live with them for the next decade because I think we have "bigger fish to fry," and quite frankly because to the extent any of them would come to affect my own family, I could deal with it, even if I might very much wish I didn't have to.

Overall, I'm undecided about Mr. Trump's being President. If he shows a bit more knowledge re: economics (I suspect he is more knowledgeable about it than some of his statements suggest), I could conceivably support him. Also, I think Mr. Trump needs to find ways to tell the "hard truth" without being so patently offensive. I don't think he needs to spare feelings, but he doesn't need to be insulting either.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #43
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Trump is nothing more than an attention whore. He'll have to run as an independent, 'cause the GOP will give him the boot eventually.
Its so funny how so many are mad at the things Trump has said, haven't we all figured out over the past century that what you "say" as a politician doesn't matter, and now all of sudden it does matter what you say, lol.

The world is all about money, and money does matter, and unfortunately nothing else. It makes everything happen, everything. I use to think that when I was a little kid it seemed that everything was all about the money, then when I got older I realized that everything WAS all about the money.

Trump is living proof so far, that it is all about the money. ALL the politicians also prove this theory, there elevation to their popularity is based on their support that they receive in the first place to get them where there at. The fear that there going to let down the very organization that put them where there at, holds them to that level of decision making. Ask the Clintons if that's not true.

Trump is unlike none other, and I for one could care less if he was a dem or a republican, nobody pays for him the speak their words, obviously, he says what he wants whether you like it or not. There are alot of people that are afraid of what that might mean to our country, there are more countries out there that are also afraid of what that might mean to their countries, its the fear of power, and that fear currently is lacking in the current admin, that has caused our country to look like a bunch of pussies.

Obama said a lot to get in office, little or none of what he said ever came true, ask an African American Man if his life is any better now than 6.5 years ago. Obama sighted change, will IMO Trump would be change, especially since he's a non politician in the likes of Ronald Reagan. Reagan turned out to be a very likable President, only difference now is, Trump is a business man billionaire, and Reagan was an actor.

This thread really gets me going, sorry for the rant but sure there will be some good future comment, but I would challenge anybody to answer this question: Whats the difference between a Socialist and a Democrat?

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 11:19 AM   #44
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I think Mr. Trump has the abilities needed to be a good administrative manager of the government. I'm sure the military would respect him if he becomes President even if he was essentially a draft dodger. I don't know how much because like many other privileged young people of his generation, Mr. Trump was essentially a draft dodger, although unlike "W," he didn't even enroll in the National Guard. (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2298248) Clinton, who lacked "silver spoon" beginnings, also avoided the draft, although he cites that as his intention was in joining the ROTC. (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...aftletter.html)

What I'll decide about it depends on how Mr. Trump handles the matter if/when asked about it. If his response doesn't sound like BS, I'll "buy" it and call it "bygones." If he gets defensive and seems to be "spinning" the story, I'll have a far less blase take on the matter and of him and his fitness to be President as a result.

(I wonder if Mr. Trump's ostensibly being a Republican absolves all his youthful shortcomings in the minds of conservatives or whether they are just as "detrimental" to him as conservatives would make them out to be in the case of liberal politicians.)

Several things separate Mr. Trump from the other Republicans running for their party's Presidential nomination.
  • He's been short on explicit policy-related ideas. For a man in his position, it's shocking that he's not released much in this regard. Plenty of folks have policy viewpoints, just read this forum. That he wants to be President and has published none of note is disconcerting to me.
  • Trump is willing to express in unvarnished language sentiments quite similar to those held by the common American. I like that he at least seems to speak without a lot of artifice. I don't like that his appeals are to the lowest common denominators in the American citizenry. Mr. Trump is a very sophisticated and bright man. The crassness with which he's so far expressed some of his ideas is well beneath what I'd expect from a President. Though he adroitly plays to pathos, his statements doing so oversimplify things that really aren't simple. I know he cannot possibly see the world as being as cut and dried as his statements make it out to be; he couldn't have built up his business empire as he has were he to only see things so simplistically.
  • Mr. Trump is personally -- not just his political consultants -- media and marketing savvy. That's another good and bad thing about him, IMO. He's well aware of how marketing tactics can be used to convince the public of anything, regardless of whether it's true or not; he knows most people mostly want to be led rather than having to think deeply about things. Mr. Trump knows how to use the "hype" to his benefit. And most people are quicker to accept "hype" when it says what they want to believe in the first place. It just takes too much "something" to challenge one's own beliefs.
  • Trump is less a "party man" than are his opponents. As with so much about him, I think that's good and bad. The man displays more "all about 'The Donald' " than do his opponents' display their self centeredness. I don't mind that he cares more about achieving his goal -- winning the Presidency -- than he does about the Republican Party. Frankly, as goes not caring about the fortunes of the party itself, I wish the Democrats had a candidate who is much like him, but has different views on certain topics.
  • Mr. Trump is willing to change his mind; he's more than a little arrogant and egotistical -- anyone with the balls to think they should be U.S.' President is, or a leader of any sort, so that's no fatal flaw necessarily -- but he's also not a pure ideologue. For example, it wasn't long ago that Mr. Trump supported universal health care and providing a path to citizenship for illegal aliens.

(Will the Democrats find Mr. Trump to "flip floppy?" Will the Republicans recall that they had issues with "flip flopping" Senator Kerry?)
  • Mr. Trump is more media savvy and "in touch" with the puerile thinking of the "common man." In 2012, Mr. Trump pledged to donate $5M to a charity of Obama's choice if Obama disclosed his college transcripts (or something similar). It's one thing to want to see the information, but to put $5M worth of importance on it, even if one is a billionaire does nothing but pander to the smallmindedness of the typical American voter. Anyone who's ever participated in senior executive recruitment knows this to be so.

For example, in my firm, every partner lists their college, grad school and degrees on their resume, but for not one of us evaluating them does what they put matter for whether we see them as an asset to the firm's future. These people have 20+ years of professional accomplishments; what the studied and where no longer matters. They sit with us and have involved discussions; we can tell if they are smart, strong communicators and motivators, innovative and strategic thinkers, driven, etc.
Mr. Trump has a mix of views. Some of them I agree with and others I don't. I'm currently uncertain whether I would vote for him in a Presidential election. Some of Mr. Trump's stated positions strike me as downright ignorant. (http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm)
  • Ignorant
    • Climate change -- doesn't think it's happening
    • Advocacy of a 0% corporate tax
    • John McCain's actions in Vietnam were not "heroic".
    • All but eliminating the Dept. of Education
    • Foreign Polich -- "When you love America, you protect it with no apologies." (not entirely ignorant, but ignorant enough for me to see it as such.)
    • Trade -- the issue with a lot of what I think on Mr. Trumps views in this area is that they conflict with one another. (I've noted only the parts I find to be ignorant.)
      • 35% import duty on Mexican goods
      • 20% import duty on other imported goods
      • Repatriate jobs China has stolen

I think this ignorant because to make it happen, production costs would have to become significantly lower in U.S. and since the capital expenditures that enable production have happened, the only way to do that in the short term is to lower the cost of labor because everything is built with either capital or labor. Lowering the cost of labor means the average person will see far less wealth accumulation as a result and that would almost certainly lead to civil revolt. There is another way to make this happen -- reduce the rate of expected profit growth -- but I see that as equally unlikely to happen and even less desirable to the people who control the country, the heads of large corporations. That wouldn't cause civil revolt, but it would result in absolute stagnation in Congress, even worse than what we have now.

Also, Mr. Trump would like to all but eliminate the national debt. I would too, but doing so will make the dollar super strong. A very strong dollar essentially means U.S. will be able to export only luxury goods. Everything will be to damn expensive for anyone but luxury consumers to buy. So much for bringing jobs back to America.
    • Security -- Defeat ISIS and stop Islamic terrorists -- It's not that I don't want to see ISIS ended; I do. I fell however that the military approach to doing so is a waste of resources. I believe that a snake in the grass would sooner leave me alone than strike, which, though it may kill me eventually, the snake almost certainly won't survive intact either, and it knows it can't eat me even if it does kill me. If I can give it an alternative that is less risky overall, it'll take it.

People are no different; all creatures innately understand when it's better to fight or flee, or at least cease and desist. Terrorists are terrorists because they don't perceive that there is any other alternative that, though not 100% of what they would like, is "enough-%" of it that they could accept it.
Of other blurbs noted on the site I linked above, I think some of them are good ideas and I think some of them are probably bad ideas but I'd be willing to try them to find out for sure because they haven't been tried before. Some of them -- such as, but not limited to, his abortion, 2nd Amendment, welfare and other social policy views -- differ from my views, but I could live with them for the next decade because I think we have "bigger fish to fry," and quite frankly because to the extent any of them would come to affect my own family, I could deal with it, even if I might very much wish I didn't have to.

Overall, I'm undecided about Mr. Trump's being President. If he shows a bit more knowledge re: economics (I suspect he is more knowledgeable about it than some of his statements suggest), I could conceivably support him. Also, I think Mr. Trump needs to find ways to tell the "hard truth" without being so patently offensive. I don't think he needs to spare feelings, but he doesn't need to be insulting either.

All the best.
Think you win the award for the longest post award.
Appreciate 0