BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Donald Trump For President!

08-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #45
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

I agree that he doesn't have the demeanor to be POTUS, but he's got my attention, and maybe my vote. I'm just curious to see what he can do.
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 11:26 AM   #46
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Overall, I'm undecided about Mr. Trump's being President. If he shows a bit more knowledge re: economics (I suspect he is more knowledgeable about it than some of his statements suggest), I could conceivably support him. Also, I think Mr. Trump needs to find ways to tell the "hard truth" without being so patently offensive. I don't think he needs to spare feelings, but he doesn't need to be insulting either.

All the best.
And that's the point. He is a good CEO. He is a terrible politician.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #47
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
And that's the point too, seems overall there's more good businessmen in the US these days than politicians. That's the point I'm trying to make.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #48
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 6MT Jerez Black

Quote:
Is he actually a good CEO? Definitely a great Marketer, but not what I would call a great leader.
AA Gen 3 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; DB Undertray; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; KWv3 Coilovers w/Swift Springs 448F/784R; Vorschlag Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; APR Splitter; APR GT250 Rear Wing; Autopower Rollbar; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 09:47 PM   #49
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Is he actually a good CEO? Definitely a great Marketer, but not what I would call a great leader.
He built a multibillion dollar empire. Id say he's a pretty good ceo
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 12:11 AM   #50
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
He inherited one.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #51
pt
Private
Rep
Drives: I miss my E12

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolfM3 View Post
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.
It's a sad day when left-wing communist extremists (drinking BHO's kool-aid, no doubt) align to keep a true capitalist out of the White House.

*drops mike*

</satire>

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #52
BavarianDevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Silverstone/Beige

This is a guy that runs a privately held company where he answers to no one. He is used to saying what he wants and it's clear that is part of his appeal. But his lack of any sort of filter and random comments about how easy it is to fix that and this is purely coming from a guy that loves to hear himself speak. He is a businessman used to donating to Politicians for favors and access. That does not work as a politician. He is very thin skinned and doesn't like to be criticized. When he is he simply tosses grenades in rooms and thinks that solves the discussion. He's not a good listener and he has a very elitist attitude. How many times can he say how rich he is, how smart he is and that he went to the best school in the country. Who says things like that without coming as a pompous as*hat. He's novel today but it won't hold up over the long hall. He may know how the "art of the deal" works in business but that does not overlay well in US politics. He is going to crash and burn very hard.
Appreciate 4
      08-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #53
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianDevil View Post
This is a guy that runs a privately held company where he answers to no one. He is used to saying what he wants and it's clear that is part of his appeal. But his lack of any sort of filter and random comments about how easy it is to fix that and this is purely coming from a guy that loves to hear himself speak. He is a businessman used to donating to Politicians for favors and access. That does not work as a politician. He is very thin skinned and doesn't like to be criticized. When he is he simply tosses grenades in rooms and thinks that solves the discussion. He's not a good listener and he has a very elitist attitude. How many times can he say how rich he is, how smart he is and that he went to the best school in the country. Who says things like that without coming as a pompous as*hat. He's novel today but it won't hold up over the long hall. He may know how the "art of the deal" works in business but that does not overlay well in US politics. He is going to crash and burn very hard.
I don't know if it will collapse before the election or not. Look at the comments in forums like this one and others. People readily "toss grenades" or cry foul the instant they are challenged, just like Mr. Trump does. I've run out of fingers and toes to count how often I see one person say or intimate that another is stupid (or something akin to it) rather than engage in substantive discussion. Mr. Trump is little different, and that's why, at least right now, he's resonating with the general public.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2015, 11:37 AM   #54
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
And that's the point too, seems overall there's more good businessmen in the US these days than politicians. That's the point I'm trying to make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
I have no direct experience with Mr. Trump's business practices, so I'm not going to be too quick to opine on how good a businessman he is. I read the Atlantic's article on the topic last month, and at least some of his peers are less than impressed with his cred as a CEO. (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...say-no/398462/)

I don't think that their assessment is the "be all, end all" on the matter, but I do think that insofar as other CEOs are not overall laudatory of his business skills/practices and personal ethics, how good a businessman he is remains far from a foregone conclusion.

Certainly were the CEOs of large public companies to have had the same run of bankruptcies and whatnot that Mr. Trump has had, they'd have lost their job as CEO. Look only to Rick Wagoner from GM. But Mr. Wagoner's case is not the only one, and CEOs have lost their positions for things less demonstrably indicative of poor leadership skills than running their company into bankruptcy. (http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanada...w-ups-of-2013/)

Other:
Salon.com posted a short piece about the premise that business leaders make good governmental leaders. (http://www.salon.com/2015/06/01/save..._big_business/) Agree or disagree with their rationale, but either way, there's no denying that a multi-million dollar business leadership background doesn't necessarily give one the skills to be a good President.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 12:54 PM   #55
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

We're all just looking for leadership, and at the end of the day one that takes us with respect to the promised land. All ya have to do is look into the sky for a flock of birds, one leading and all the rest following. Our current government has tried to lead the flock from behind the flock, just doesn't work, imagine that.

Some our most feared Foreign Governments, have what we call kooks, I think it's time for them to fear us the same way, Trumps the man, I'm in. Quit apologizing who cares, they don't!

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 01:18 PM   #56
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
I know that Glenn Beck famously declared Dubya to be a fiscal liberal, but Beck is batshit crazy...

Dubya did spend a lot for a fiscal conservative, but wars are crazy expensive. His tax cuts, intended to stimulate the economy, were overshadowed by the spending needed to maintain the war efforts.
I was going to say the same thing about 16 years of debt building. Clinton left GWB a balanced budget for 2001 and a national debt of 5.7T. When BO's first budget went into effect in 2010 the debt was 12T. Bush added 6t to the debt during his term which is exactly what BO has added so far. Of course BO still has fy 2016 and 17 left so that will go up but those wars started under Bush still contribute to the debt as do Obama's tax cuts. The irony is that both GWB and BO had to borrow money to cut taxes.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #57
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
We're all just looking for leadership, and at the end of the day one that takes us with respect to the promised land. All ya have to do is look into the sky for a flock of birds, one leading and all the rest following. Our current government has tried to lead the flock from behind the flock, just doesn't work, imagine that.

Some our most feared Foreign Governments, have what we call kooks, I think it's time for them to fear us the same way, Trumps the man, I'm in. Quit apologizing who cares, they don't!
Except it doesn't work like that. In our case the lead bird has to get approval for every move he makes from a committee of other birds that are determined to go a different direction.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #58
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Say what? Are you seriously suggesting that leadership and primacy achieved through fear is the best approach and that you genuinely want a leader who instills fear in others as his way of, I don't know, doing "whatever?"

All the best.

Appreciate 1
Lups11027.50

08-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #59
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Say what? Are you seriously suggesting that leadership and primacy achieved through fear is the best approach and that you genuinely want a leader who instills fear in others as his way of, I don't know, doing "whatever?"

All the best.
We already have that. Fear mongering to keep public in line.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #60
FenixMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
I was going to say the same thing about 16 years of debt building. Clinton left GWB a balanced budget for 2001 and a national debt of 5.7T. When BO's first budget went into effect in 2010 the debt was 12T. Bush added 6t to the debt during his term which is exactly what BO has added so far. Of course BO still has fy 2016 and 17 left so that will go up but those wars started under Bush still contribute to the debt as do Obama's tax cuts. The irony is that both GWB and BO had to borrow money to cut taxes.
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-b...economy-2012-9

http://www.cato.org/publications/com...balance-budget

http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/16

I got bored of reading after those, but there are plenty more if needed. Clinton didnt leave a balanced budget for bush, never had a surplus, and credit is due to the republican house for much of it, not clinton.

Gone but never forgotten... 2014 M5 Competition, 2015 M3, 2014 X5 50i M Sport, 2015 435i M Sport, 2011 550i, 2011 535i
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #61
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post

I got bored of reading after those, but there are plenty more if needed. Clinton didnt leave a balanced budget for bush, never had a surplus, and credit is due to the republican house for much of it, not clinton.
With not a single congressional republican voting for his 1993 Omnibus budget and Al Gore the deciding vote in his second budget - you sure Clinton doesn't deserve ANY credit ? Are you saying with a Democratic president for eight years any perceived accomplishments during that time were all Republican created ?
The explanation that republican negotiated policies during Clinton's two terms were the cause for economic expansion, lacks possibility.

Last edited by ScottSinger; 08-15-2015 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #62
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

Ron Paul, the last Republican whom I would have voted for once asked:
How is it that the party of balanced budgets, with control of the White House and Senate, accumulated red ink greater than all previous administrations put together?
People on here think I'm a liberal and that I don't like Republicans. Neither is true. I'm not a liberal and what I don't like is stupidity and fiscal folly.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 04:51 PM   #63
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

If Mr Trump gets to be president, the USA will become the laughing stock of the world.

"President Trump".............

" President Fart"

"President loud expulsion of anal gas"......

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 04:55 PM   #64
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009
Quote:

All the best.
No not at all, fear mongering if that what your suggesting i mean is not what I'm saying. Unknown is fear to most, our present administration tells the enemy up front our every move, then apologizes for our past. We need more of the unknown factors that our opponents have to deal with. We need some sort unpredictability to instill in the opposition, our Country not only tells you how were going do it, but when. Trump I believe will bring that to the table, along with consequences for disrespect, instead of a couple sanctions that are deemed worthless.

3 ways to deal with the enemies in life, negotiate, agree, or confront. Radical Muslim Terrorists refuse the first two, which only leaves you one, confront! We've lost respect in the world today because our current admin of politicians believe the first 2 ARE our only options, and look at the spread of ISIS today. Trump has enough sense to act from a level of confrontation, and he's not afraid nor are any dollars telling him what to say or do, that's why he's blowing away the field with supporters.

Confrontation is the consequence that fear most, that's the fear I'm talking about.

Appreciate 1
      08-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #65
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009
Quote:

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

Ron Paul, the last Republican whom I would have voted for once asked:
How is it that the party of balanced budgets, with control of the White House and Senate, accumulated red ink greater than all previous administrations put together?
People on here think I'm a liberal and that I don't like Republicans. Neither is true. I'm not a liberal and what I don't like is stupidity and fiscal folly.

All the best.
I don't completely agree with the chart since a couple of large factors aren't illustrated. What about the last 2 years of Bush 2, and the first 2 years of Obama, what party was represented as the majority in Congress? Hummm, could it of been the democrats? Easy to blame Bush for everything wrong and leave that part out. And that also is a good reason to get away from all politicians.

My prediction, TRUMP with Fiorina VP. Both nonpoliticians.

Appreciate 1
      08-15-2015, 05:13 PM   #66
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc
Quote:

Except it doesn't work like that. In our case the lead bird has to get approval for every move he makes from a committee of other birds that are determined to go a different direction.
I gave ya appreciate AND a lol. fkn funny!

Appreciate 0