BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Can someone explain to me why we should take even one syrian refugee

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #67
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Option on Syrian Refugees:
2. Take able bodied male refugees and from them into an army to go fight to liberate Syria. And yes Poland did put their money where their mouth is on this one because that is how the 2nd Corps was created during WWII..
I'm not sure how I feel about that one...

I'd worry that these able bodied male refugees could be extremist. If anything, I'd want able bodied males from 18-35 to undergo INTENSE scrutiny, if we're willing to let them in at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #68
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Haywood's Avatar
United_States
2119
Rep
2,864
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Should be replaced with "Me First"
Please. Times have definitely changed since our fore fathers wrote that. They didn't have to deal with people flying planes into buildings and blowing themselves up.
__________________
2003 Le Mans Blue e39 M5 Dinan S1
1997 Alpine White e36 M3 (the old gal)
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:30 AM   #69
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Why is it acceptable to force me to pay for some people I don't want here, who don't like me, to come here and put me, my family, and my neighbors at risk, but it's not acceptable to go there, kill the people who want to kill us, and let these people live in peace in their own homes?
Who said the latter isn't acceptable?

That'd be ideal, but in the meantime we have to deal with this.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:30 AM   #70
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Director of the FBI says there is no plan or way to screen the refugees. ISIS used the refugees to infiltrate and commit the attacks on Paris. ISIS says we're next and they will do this. They actually said it. Why should we endure Paris style attacks or worse? To prove we're nice?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #71
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Who said the latter isn't acceptable?

That'd be ideal, but in the meantime we have to deal with this.
The liberals. Obama just said it at the G20. Hec an't even call them islamic, though the first I in ISIS stands for islamic. It might make them feel bad.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #72
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
But, here's the problem. Where are the plans to get these people jobs? Is Obama pushing that down to the local level? If so, do these governors or mayors understand that plan? Who pays for this? Federal gov't or local states? The US population are completely in the dark. We can't just say, "Ok, everyone come over and assimilate into our society" without a plan. Where's the plan?
Yeah it's why in my first post I said I'd like to hear a plan first. You bring in a bunch of refugees, pat them on the back and say "good luck" and let them in with no other guidance, that's a recipe for disaster.

I want to, in principal and out of sheer human decency, help these families but between what happened in Paris and their threats against DC, I don't want to do anything until I hear a comprehensive plan.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #73
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
The liberals. Obama just said it at the G20.
I thought he said he wanted to stick with drone strikes for now vs. putting boots on the ground, two very different things.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:34 AM   #74
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Yes because everyone in America owns a luxury car and sits on E90post.
US GDP is growing quarter over quarter. That tends to not happen if "everyone is struggling".

That's just income inequality whining.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:37 AM   #75
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Please. Times have definitely changed since our fore fathers wrote that. They didn't have to deal with people flying planes into buildings and blowing themselves up.
Yeah, back then the country barely had any money to support itself on it's own and had to worry about things like smallpox.

I get what you're saying though, my point is that the country, back then, still had substantial challenges surrounding letting others in back then as we do today.

Hell, there was a time when Irish immigrants fleeing their country during the potato famine were met with similar hatred.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:37 AM   #76
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Here's one. Tell them to go to the kurds. They're 20 miles away. Set up aide there. Arm the kurds who hate ISIS to defend them and themselves. Use air power to help protect them. Then use special forces and friendly sunni troops from Jordan egypt, and Saudi to kill ISIS in Syria and Iraq. Let Jordan and Saudi be the long term occupational force. Done. It's not rocket science.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:39 AM   #77
Delta0311
Banned
7381
Rep
10,130
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
US GDP is growing quarter over quarter. That tends to not happen if "everyone is struggling".

That's just income inequality whining.
Doubt all that.. I live in NJ and know quite a few educated people in their mid 20s who are struggling to get buy with jobs that don't pay more than 40k a year..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:39 AM   #78
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Here's one. Tell them to go to the kurds. They're 20 miles away. Set up aide there. Arm the kurds who hate ISIS to defend them and themselves. Use air power to help protect them. Then use special forces and friendly sunni troops from Jordan egypt, and Saudi to kill ISIS in Syria and Iraq. Let Jordan and Saudi be the long term occupational force. Done. It's not rocket science.
For some reasons, now I don't know why, but I feel like whenever we arm people to fight our "enemy of the decade", it ends up biting us in the ass.

Now I don't know why I feel that way...but I feel like it's happened at least once before....
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:40 AM   #79
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Yeah, back then the country barely had any money to support itself on it's own and had to worry about things like smallpox.

I get what you're saying though, my point is that the country, back then, still had substantial challenges surrounding letting others in back then as we do today.
So we brought in immigrants and worked them like slaves in sweat shops and building railroads, killing thousands of them, to build the US we have today. Can we do the same with these guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:40 AM   #80
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Doubt all that.. I live in NJ and know quite a few educated people in their mid 20s who are struggling to get buy with jobs that don't pay more than 40k a year..
So do I, their downfall is that they have useless degrees or degrees in industries that don't pay much.

Again, it's a choice they made. Hard to sympathize with people for the choices they made on their own.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #81
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
So we brought in immigrants and worked them like slaves in sweat shops and building railroads, killing thousands of them, to build the US we have today. Can we do the same with these guys?
Maybe we can make them build a world cup stadium we'll use at some point in the future maybe.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #82
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
For some reasons, now I don't know why, but I feel like whenever we arm people to fight our "enemy of the decade", it ends up biting us in the ass.

Now I don't know why I feel that way...but I feel like it's happened at least once before....
It did. We won. Then Obama gave it back to them so he could get reelected and take more selfies with Jay-z.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:43 AM   #83
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
It did. We won. Then Obama gave it back to them so he could get reelected and take more selfies with Jay-z.
Al-Qaeda was around long before Obama.

I'd say try to think of these things holistically vs. with ignorant partisan glasses on but we know most people in this thread are incapable of that sort of critical thinking.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:43 AM   #84
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8184
Rep
13,594
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Let's give chancellor Merkel a ring a dingy.
Ask her how she's been sleeping lately.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:46 AM   #85
Delta0311
Banned
7381
Rep
10,130
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
So do I, their downfall is that they have useless degrees or degrees in industries that don't pay much.

Again, it's a choice they made. Hard to sympathize with people for the choices they made on their own.
IDK I mean a degree in business and a job a Merrill Lynch should count for something but I guess it does not these days.. ANd that is just one person I know..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:51 AM   #86
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
IDK I mean a degree in business and a job a Merrill Lynch should count for something but I guess it does not these days.. ANd that is just one person I know..
Not really, depends on what you do there. There's also other places you could move to for opportunities. But people aren't willing to do that although it's perfectly in their power to do so.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:53 AM   #87
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Let's give chancellor Merkel a ring a dingy.
Ask her how she's been sleeping lately.
Ha, not well. They recently shut their door to refugees and there's quite a bit of unrest there between citizens and refugees.

Protests in Germany pit those who are in favor of refugees against those who are not.

Arsons are also targeting refugee camps in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 09:18 AM   #88
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8184
Rep
13,594
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Ha, not well. They recently shut their door to refugees and there's quite a bit of unrest there between citizens and refugees.

Protests in Germany pit those who are in favor of refugees against those who are not.

Arsons are also targeting refugee camps in Germany.
Well, if president obama pulls out his crowbar again and floats right over what the voices of individual states are saying...
I see a crapstorm nationwide basically.

Why would his sole mindset be more valuable and urgent than the majority of this countries citizens?

I'm not saying all these people are bad. I'm saying slow the flipping bus down a minute.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST