BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Can someone explain to me why we should take even one syrian refugee

Closed Thread

02-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #419
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
There's a BIG difference between someone who has a thought and someone who is a terrorist.

Plus, people absolutely can be screened.
you mean the same people that the FBI admits CANT be screened?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...accept-US.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...es-from-syria/

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...rian-refugees/

if there was a legitimate way to vet them then yes, i agree with you we should let them in, but we dont so why would you risk it?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #420
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
You're ignorant.

It's a fact that more than 90% of terrorists are not Muslim.

Also;
  • Non-Muslims make up the majority of terrorists in the United States: According to the FBI, 94% of terrorist attacks carried out in the United States from 1980 to 2005 have been by non-Muslims.
  • There have been over one thousand terrorist attacks in Europe in the past five years. Take a guess at what percent of those terrorists were Muslim. Wrong, now guess again. It's less than 2%.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...4-percent.aspx
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #421
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7X...wclXkcDTW2vhzA
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #422
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Screened for what, are they telling the truth?
Actually, yes. But I was more referring to background checks etc.
How would you perform background checks on someone coming from Syria, Sudan, and other places that have no infrastructure, and no record keeping systems?
      02-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #423
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Blacks being killed by cops are over-reported and largely spun by the mainstream media. Look at the circumstances in any of the over-reported incidents over the past several years, and it's clearly a lot of fabrication. Flames are further fanned by Obama and his administration.

The major contender for President did NOT say that most Mexicans are rapists and murders. Here's his actual quote:

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best,” he said during the announcement. “They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

He would appear to be right, in any study of crime:

"- Between 2008 and 2014, 40% of all murder convictions in Florida were criminal aliens. In New York it was 34% and Arizona 17.8%.
- During those years, criminal aliens accounted for 38% of all murder convictions in the five states of California, Texas, Arizona, Florida and New York, while illegal aliens constitute only 5.6% of the total population in those states.
- That 38% represents 7,085 murders out of the total of 18,643."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...n-some-states/

Trump also did NOT say that he would ban Muslims, nor did any of the state Governors. What Trump actually said was:

“We need a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States while we figure out what the hell is going on.”

This was in response to the multiple jihad-based shootings, including San Bernardino, where both of the shooters waltzed past our so-called "screenings."

The President has this authority, and has had since 1952:

"Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate." (Jimmy Carter exercised this authority when he banned Iranians from entering the US in 1979, and deported thousands of Iranians who were here).

Similarly, the state Governors are rejecting non-vetted immigrants from the middle east to be settled in their states. The larger issue is that states (including local law enforcement) are not being notified at all by the Feds when these immigrants are settled in the states. There was a lot of conflict when Obama proposed allowing 10,000 Syrians to immigrate next year; in reality, the US took over 102,000 since 2012, with no notice to the states, and no vetting process. This is why the Governors are trying to stop it.
I agree with nearly everything you say but this is simply untrue. I am a dyed-in-the-wool law and order guy who will gladly pay more taxes for 3 things:

1. Better pay for the military, better funded VA, and more hardware.(600 ship navy and a military space program - the real deal.)
2. Better Roads. We are car people, no need to explain this one.
3. More jails. Lock 'em up and throw away the key and the death penalty should be universal with all appeals exhausted after 2 years.

The disproportionate murdering of people of color by the police is appalling and without cause. It is the result of poorly trained police and the militarization of the police forces in the US. There is absolutely no reason that a person should receive a summary death administered by a 28 y/o for walking down the street with a can, a knife, a cell phone, or a gun.

Yes. A gun. Unless they are posting a clear and present danger to society the situations need to be de-escalated. Anyone that believes that there isn't a police-race problem in this country is just sticking their head in the sand.

As an aside, the major correlation between justice and injustice in this country is the amount of money one has. Race is secondary. Once one enters the criminal justice system, nothing matters but $. I'm not opposed to putting the crims in jail...I just want them to get there first.

Well...not child molesters and violent rapist. They can be shot in the street. Cheers-mk
Apparently the stats by race for cop killings are very incomplete, and therefore very inconclusive:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...ty-d/?page=all
      02-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #424
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
The disproportionate murdering of people of color by the police is appalling and without cause. It is the result of poorly trained police and the militarization of the police forces in the US. There is absolutely no reason that a person should receive a summary death administered by a 28 y/o for walking down the street with a can, a knife, a cell phone, or a gun.

Yes. A gun. Unless they are posting a clear and present danger to society the situations need to be de-escalated. Anyone that believes that there isn't a police-race problem in this country is just sticking their head in the sand.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you.
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2016, 02:24 PM   #425
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

How did I even find this and where to even start...

Quote:
The disproportionate murdering of people of color by the police is appalling and without cause.
It IS appalling, but I think you need to objectively reexamine the root causes of this level of deadly force. To say that this is "without cause" is absolutely simplistic in its thinking and just so far beneath what I would have given you as a department head with 1,200 staff, that it's kinda forced me to reconsider your ability to process and analyze.

Quote:
It is the result of poorly trained police and the militarization of the police forces in the US. There is absolutely no reason that a person should receive a summary death administered by a 28 y/o for walking down the street with a can, a knife, a cell phone, or a gun.
And you're speaking from experience? A cop buddy? Law & Order? What does a cell phone look like in the dark?

Quote:
Unless they are posting a clear and present danger to society the situations need to be de-escalated.
Deescalation is always the first course of action and it may be verbal or employing the use of deadly force.

Quote:
Anyone that believes that there isn't a police-race problem in this country is just sticking their head in the sand.
Maybe there's another issue with resistance to authority or maybe a lack of respect for life, institution, and tolerance. Maybe the question is why little Johnny badass is carrying a gun or dressing like a banger. Maybe we're glorifying violence and the thug culture?

Maybe the whole law enforcement-race relations argument is not so much a cause, but a consequence.
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #426
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I'm just stating what I feel is going on in some of these people's minds.

I want money.
I want the respect that comes with money.
I want to drive and dress and date like (fill in the blank).
I want it now.
I'll do what I've got to do to get it now.
I don't care about my future, the future is right now.
I don't care about anyone that gets in my way.
I don't care if I die trying.

The 8 year old trying to rob a store in Florida the other day.
"Give me all the f'ng money"
Really? Where did he get this mentality?

Why aren't these issues in any president talk? I mean, my god.
Beyonce's black panther tribute during the super bowl halftime was just jet fuel for the fire. Disgusting.

Last edited by gonzo; 02-12-2016 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 02:59 PM   #427
M3Post
Supreme Allied Commander DDE
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red '08 E92 M3 - DCT

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
“This is the Death of Civilization” -Resident of Calais Speaks -Video

Heart breaking description of how a government can destroy a city and a people. If ever there was an example of why a free people need a 1st and 2nd amendment style protection, this is it. Please watch it all.

The original comes from here http://ripostelaique.com/le-temoignag… one of the most important websites in Europe.

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/HARROP Supercharger/SSP Spec-R clutch discs/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/Pipercross Air Filter/LUX H8 180/NGK Racing Iridium R2556B-9/BPM Sport Stage II/BPM Sport DCT/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Guide Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/ Motul 600/Tint/APEX SM-10 18X11 ET44 + 12mm Spacers/APEX 75mm Stud Kit/
Appreciate 3
      02-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #428
M3Post
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
You Know It Really Is Quite A Clever Plan

You Know It Really Is Quite A Clever Plan. I guess this is why they are importing more of them to the USA. Watch only 7 mins of the video and be amazed, then go get the check the family jewels checked at a Doc in a box.

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/HARROP Supercharger/SSP Spec-R clutch discs/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/Pipercross Air Filter/LUX H8 180/NGK Racing Iridium R2556B-9/BPM Sport Stage II/BPM Sport DCT/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Guide Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/ Motul 600/Tint/APEX SM-10 18X11 ET44 + 12mm Spacers/APEX 75mm Stud Kit/
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 03:10 PM   #429
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^
I rarely use these two words together but...
God damn that video of the French woman made me mad.

It's complete BULLSHIT!

Politicians have lost their freaking minds over there and now they're trying to get us to buy into this crap.
      02-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #430
M3Post
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
The power is with the people. But what does this mean? It means you collectively have strength in numbers and can overcome any minority invading force, or government thugs, simply by your sheer numbers. Remember, the government are the people's elected officials, they are public servants. They serve YOU, the people - and not the reverse. YOU do not serve them. Simple solution to the present situation: ALL citizens of the entire country should stop working for at least four months or longer. Be prepared for hardship to get your country back. During the national strike everybody employed by the public sector corporations should NOT go to work, and I mean everybody STOPS working!!!!!!

Since the governments of the world are run by corporations you must hit them where it hurts i.e. their bottom line profits - money and taxes. When one country succeeds with this method the others will learn by example and follow. Once the citizenry wake up to the notion that they CAN and MUST take their country back from the unelected technocrats in the EU Parliament, by non compliance with the economic system, their strength in numbers will allow them to succeed with their demands for the immediate round up and repatriation of the Moorish invaders.

All railway workers, all pilots, all public transportation drivers, all taxis, all power station workers, all sanitation workers, all miners, all grocery services, all restaurants, all cafes, all teachers, all emergency services, all doctors, all dentists, etc. etc. EVERYBODY must organize together and STOP working for four months or longer. Tell your elected officials they will no longer have YOUR tax dollars to spend on giving welfare and free handouts to the invaders unless they comply with the demands of the Belgium citizens.

The invaders want money (welfare). The government wants money (taxes). STOP giving it to them. Yes, some of you may loose your jobs, but once the invaders have left, there will plenty of welfare money left over that is no longer going to the invaders, thugs, gangs, and rapists who will have been forced to leave (repatriated). However, many of you will not loose your jobs because the corporations need skilled workers to survive. The invaders are not skilled, nor are they equipped to live in a civilized society, when all they have known is a medieval way of life.

Start by communicating among yourselves that you (the true citizens) have strength in numbers and will no longer comply or consent to participate in the system. IF everybody stops working then what are the corporations going to do? Yes, the corporations will become desperate and shut down, and then they will put pressure on the government because their shareholders will be pressuring them not to go bankrupt. Moreover, all citizens should only purchase food during the national strike. The economy will start to implode - way more than it already is doing. The people will make their demands. This will only work if everybody, everybody stops working and acts as one collective body of people.

At the moment the government is acting with the CONsent of the people. Yes, it's all a CON. By this I mean you only think you elected your government. Remove your consent for them to govern you. Organize. Make your demands known. Do it peacefully. ALL of you, walk off the job and bring the country to its knees. Do I have your attention? I hope so. YOU have the power.. NOT the invaders getting free handouts of your hard earned tax dollars. Do it soon before it gets much, much worse. Sharia law is coming. Get a weapon. Food. Cash. Gold. Silver and food.

Spread the word. Your future is in your hands NOT the hands of the invaders. Challenge the system. Do not comply with the con. They want you to think you are helpless. You are not. Act together and not alone.

AND original version:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015...across-europe/
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #431
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Heart breaking description of how a government can destroy a city and a people. If ever there was an example of why a free people need a 1st and 2nd amendment style protection, this is it. Please watch it all.

The original comes from here http://ripostelaique.com/le-temoignag… one of the most important websites in Europe.

It is heartbreaking to watch this beautiful soul shake and tremble.
Please Lord watch over these people and destroy their enemies.
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2016, 03:33 PM   #432
M3Post
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
See, it can be done.. A whole nation can be shut down if the people stand together. We have so much strength in numbers.

Greece strike: Protesters march in Athens, throwing petrol bombs and demanding end to austerity:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/greece-stri...terity-1542008

Tens of thousands of people took to the streets of Athens during a 24-hour nationwide strike on 4 February, 2016 in protest over a pensions overhaul. Workers, self-employed professionals, farmers and pensioners that participated are demanding an end to austerity, sparking a major backlash against embattled Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras.

The leftist-led government's pension reform plan has slashed workers' salaries and recalculated pensions to meet fiscal targets set by the country's foreign creditors.

The strike was organised by the country's main labour unions, the General Confederation of Greek Workers (GSEE), the Civil Servants' Confederation (ADEDY) and the Communist party-affiliated trade union, All-Workers Militant Front (PAME).

Carrying banners and flags and chanting anti-bailout and anti-government slogans, the people of Athens continued to show their distrust and anger at their government by throwing petrol bombs and causing havoc.

The Greek government has a thin parliamentary majority, and wants to conclude the review swiftly to start talks on debt relief and convince Greeks that their sacrifices are paying off. The Greek people are still not convinced however, as pensions have been slashed 11 times since 2010 and the jobless rate is in Greece is 25%, forcing workers, mainly the self-employed, into tax evasion.

"These measures they are trying to pass cannot be borne, how can people shoulder this pension burden? It's just not possible," said 37-year-old Vassilis, who is self-employed.

Pensioner Nikolaos Ginis added: "With 40 years of work, I get a pension of €740 (£568, $827) per month... after 40 years of working! That's why they (the government) should be hanged at Syntagma (Square). We should hang them today."

As the strike progressed, flights were stopped, hospitals ran on emergency staff, ferries stayed docked at ports and shops pulled down their shutters.

Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #433
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The police, no matter which country better stand with their fellow citizens or they will be destroyed.
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #434
M3Post
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Caught On Tape: 1,000 Dutch Villagers Storm Town Hall In Anti-Migrant Melee

Caught On Tape: 1,000 Dutch Villagers Storm Town Hall In Anti-Migrant Melee
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/19/2016 12:31 -0500
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...-migrant-melee

As regular readers are by now acutely aware, Europeans are growing increasingly frustrated with officials’ response to the bloc’s worst refugee crisis since World War II.

To be sure, some countries were skeptical from the very beginning. Take Hungary for example, whose firebrand PM Viktor Orban built a series of migrant-be-gone fences late last summer and defended them with tear gas and water cannons.

Be that as it may, most Europeans were willing to give refugees the benefit of the doubt. That began to change after attacks on Paris killed some 130 people in November and sentiment took a decisive turn for the worst earlier this month when scores of sexual assaults allegedly perpetrated by men of “Arab origin” on New Year’s Eve created a bloc-wide scandal.

Now, right-wing movements like PEGIDA in Germany and the Soldiers of Odin in Finland are gaining popularity as nationalism rises from the ashes of Europe’s checkered past. Meanwhile, sales of gun and pepper spray are soaring and in a testament to just how frightened people are, one German town moved to ban male adult asylum seekers from public swimming pools.

In the latest example of how quickly things are spiraling out of control, far-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders inadvertently incited a violent riot in tiny Heesch where town officials attempted to hold a public meeting to discuss plans to take in 500 refugees in the town over the next ten years.

Hours before the meeting was set to take place, Wilders called for all Islamic male asylum seekers to be locked in their asylum centers in order to “protect our women.” Shortly thereafter, a Facebook page “Protest AZC Heesch” garnered some 3,000 likes and before you knew it, 1,000 angry villagers actually stormed the castle - literally.

“The atmosphere turned nasty, and the meeting was abandoned as dozens of protesters tried to storm the town hall,” AFP writes adding that “the town gave police extra powers after the demonstration ran out of control."

Below, find the footage below.

Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #435
M3Post
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
France's burqa ban upheld by human rights court

France's burqa ban upheld by human rights court
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...n-rights-court

European judges declare that preservation of a certain idea of 'living together' was legitimate aim of French authorities.

Judges at the European court of human rights (ECHR) have upheld France's burqa ban, accepting Paris's argument that it encouraged citizens to "live together".

The law, introduced in 2010, makes it illegal for anyone to cover their face in a public place. While it also covers balaclavas and hoods, the ban has been criticised as targeting Muslim women.

The case was brought by an unnamed 24-year-old French citizen of Pakistani origin, who wears both the burqa, covering her entire head and body, and the niqab, leaving only her eyes uncovered.

She was represented by solicitors from Birmingham in the UK, who claimed the outlawing of the full-face veil was contrary to six articles of the European convention. They argued it was "inhumane and degrading, against the right of respect for family and private life, freedom of thought, conscience and religion, freedom of speech and discriminatory".

The French government asked the court to throw out the case, claiming that the law was not aimed at the burqa or veil but any covering of the face in a public place, and also applied to hoods and helmets when not worn on a motor vehicle.

The court heard that out of an estimated five million Muslims living in France – the exact figure is unknown as it is illegal to gather data by religion or ethnic group – only about 1,900 women were estimated to be affected by the ban, according to 2009 research. French officials told the judges this figure had since dropped by half "thanks to a major public information campaign".

The complainant, named only by the initials SAS, was described as a "perfect French citizen with an university education …who speaks of her republic with passion".

Her lawyer Tony Muman told the ECHR last November: "She's a patriot" adding that she had suffered "absolutely no pressure" from her family or relatives to cover herself. While she was prepared to uncover her face for identity checks, she insisted on the right to wear the full-face veil, Muman said.

The European judges decided otherwise, declaring that the preservation of a certain idea of "living together" was the "legitimate aim" of the French authorities.

Isabelle Niedlispacher, representing the Belgian government, which introduced a similar ban in 2011 and which was party to the French defence, declared both the burqa and niqab "incompatible" with the rule of law.

Aside from questions of security and equality, she added: "It's about social communication, the right to interact with someone by looking them in the face and about not disappearing under a piece of clothing."

The French and Belgian laws were aimed at "helping everyone to integrate", Niedlispacher added.

The ECHR has already upheld France's ban on headscarves in educational establishments, and its regulation requiring the removal of scarves, veils and turbans for security checks.

Tuesday's legal decision came a few days after France's highest court, the cour de cassation, upheld the firing of a creche worker for "serious misconduct" after she arrived for work wearing a veil. The woman has said she will appeal to the ECHR.

Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #436
M3Post
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Against this rather disturbing backdrop

It’s against this rather disturbing backdrop that we bring you the following video from the “Identitarian Movement” in Germany. As you’ll see, some German youths are prepared to stage an open revolt against policies and politicians they believe are “sacrificing German values and traditions.”

Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 04:09 PM   #437
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Unfortunately, I feel all hell is about to bust loose over there. You can only push people so far before survival instincts take over.
      02-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #438
bosstones
Major
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star M3 View Post
Typical puss-out answer when confronted with facts.
If he/she holds to their word, at least you won't have to read more straw man counterpoints.
      02-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #439
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: RS 5

Im not a terrorist but my boss has many customers into the mid east and therefore my passport has lots of stamps from the area the homeland has declared as what? Dang3r zone? Now Im banned from your borders too because since mid of January foreign travellers are no longer allowed to fill out just the weaver visa before entering your holy ground. True, I hated your Stasi-like methods since they are enabled but I'd enjoyed my trips round the USA always very much.
Now, a decision stamps people with too many or the wrong entries into their passports as potential risky persons and makes them much more difficult to come just for holidays and vacation? That is what I call BULLSH*T. Somebody should check this according to real racist things, Im done!

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #440
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
If he/she holds to their word, at least you won't have to read more straw man counterpoints.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread