BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Google's search results are biased to truth...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #1
BimmerBoomer
demoted
BimmerBoomer's Avatar
Canada
318
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grimsby, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Google's search results are biased to truth...

Trump cries foul.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 11:03 AM   #2
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
20146
Rep
8,933
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
Trump cries foul.
The "Truth" is open to interpretations. Facts are not. I'd rather they bias them to facts but we all know Google has an agenda.

Cheers-mk
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
      08-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
No_Country
2409
Rep
2,724
Posts

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Trenton, NJ

iTrader: (0)

so first facebook; now google...whos next? when does a person accept responsibility not to believe everything they read?
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
BimmerBoomer
demoted
BimmerBoomer's Avatar
Canada
318
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grimsby, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
The "Truth" is open to interpretations. Facts are not. I'd rather they bias them to facts but we all know Google has an agenda.

Cheers-mk
"Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful."

As such Google can be a little dismissive of disinformation. And perhaps Trump has a point: disinformation is a useful part of the demagogue's toolkit.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
20146
Rep
8,933
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
so first facebook; now google...whos next? when does a person accept responsibility not to believe everything they read?
Here's the funny part. I participate, reluctantly, in a couple of F1 groups on FB now as part of a group of serious fans. The ability of the human mind to ignore actual statistics is astounding. My biggest example is posting actual race and championship results from 2007 when HAM vs ALO was all the rage and people still insist on saying that they tied when HAM is in 2nd place in the actual standings. I am pretty hopeless in trusting the ability of people to discern fact from foolishness.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
      08-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #6
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
6154
Rep
1,975
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
The "Truth" is open to interpretations. Facts are not. I'd rather they bias them to facts but we all know Google has an agenda.

Cheers-mk
Denier! Fake News!
Appreciate 1
MKSixer20146.00

      08-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #7
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9545
Rep
12,497
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
The "Truth" is open to interpretations. Facts are not. I'd rather they bias them to facts but we all know Google has an agenda.

Cheers-mk
It certainly is to Mr. Trump!
“My bounty (for lies) is as boundless as the sea,
My love (for conspiracy theories) as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite, (if viewed on Fox and Friends)”
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #8
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
6154
Rep
1,975
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
It certainly is to Mr. Trump!
“My bounty (for lies) is as boundless as the sea,
My love (for conspiracy theories) as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite, (if viewed on Fox and Friends)”
To quote: MKSixer

"The "Truth" is open to interpretations. Facts are not. I'd rather they bias them to facts but we all know Google has an agenda."

I like to go with facts in a debate rather than feelings.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent13325.50
MKSixer20146.00
N54Yankee2221.00

      08-20-2019, 11:46 AM   #9
BimmerBoomer
demoted
BimmerBoomer's Avatar
Canada
318
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grimsby, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

the amazing thing is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
It certainly is to Mr. Trump!
“My bounty (for lies) is as boundless as the sea,
My love (for conspiracy theories) as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite, (if viewed on Fox and Friends)”
The very targeted Russian disinformation campaign didn't hurt Hillary in the electoral college, but Google cost Trump the popular vote! And that's a fact!
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 11:51 AM   #10
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9545
Rep
12,497
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
To quote: MKSixer

"The "Truth" is open to interpretations. Facts are not. I'd rather they bias them to facts but we all know Google has an agenda."

I like to go with facts in a debate rather than feelings.
We do not know that. That is not a fact. Unless Conrad Black ranted about it in 400+ words.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 12:21 PM   #11
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5024
Rep
4,240
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
We do not know that. That is not a fact. Unless Conrad Black ranted about it in 400+ words.
Gotta agree here.

We don't know that Google has an agenda. It has been asserted, not demonstrated.

IF Google has an agenda, I'm betting it's more driven by $$$$ than political ideology, personally.
Appreciate 2
      08-20-2019, 01:28 PM   #12
doggboy
Private First Class
335
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: san diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
We do not know that. That is not a fact. Unless Conrad Black ranted about it in 400+ words.
I posted the internal documents from Google proving they have have a policy of supressing certian info, black listing sites, and have repeatedly said they need to keep Trump from being re-elected. I will do it again, maybe try actually reading GOOGLES OWN INTERNAL MEMOS.

https://www.projectveritas.com/google-document-dump/
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 01:40 PM   #13
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9545
Rep
12,497
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
We do not know that. That is not a fact. Unless Conrad Black ranted about it in 400+ words.
I posted the internal documents from Google proving they have have a policy of supressing certian info, black listing sites, and have repeatedly said they need to keep Trump from being re-electes. I will do it again, maybe try actually reading GOOGLES OWN INTERNAL MEMOS.

https://www.projectveritas.com/google-document-dump/
Sure. You are aware of veritas sordid past?
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 1
vtown60.00

      08-20-2019, 01:40 PM   #14
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
6154
Rep
1,975
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Does this show a bias at the upper levels of Google...I think so.

Video of Google co-founder when Trump get's elected......from CNN's website.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/...rt-orig-js.cnn

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 03:15 PM   #15
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9545
Rep
12,497
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Video of Google co-founder when Trump get's elected......from CNN's website.

https://www.cnn
4tsfdpeMw[/url]
Googling "google veritas" sure does bring up a lot of far right sites:
https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...w=1482&bih=675

More right than left. I think we can leave this post at that.........
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #16
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2442
Rep
3,521
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Easy method to disprove this
Type in was the nazi socialist?
2nd article from Vox saying no!
Despite the overwhelming historical evidence that prove it an off shoot of socialism just like marxism and communism.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 04:35 PM   #17
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
655
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: M340i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Az

iTrader: (0)

"Do no evil"

Yeah, right.
Appreciate 2
      08-20-2019, 06:56 PM   #18
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
5814
Rep
6,066
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Now in Miami! :D

iTrader: (17)

This will just go in circles. The same folks who don't see a Google bias won't see a mainstream media bias either. Same folks who will scream "Faux news" all day because it's basically the one source that isn't in lockstep with all the others (though that will be/is changing under current ownership).
Appreciate 2
      08-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #19
doggboy
Private First Class
335
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: san diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Sure. You are aware of veritas sordid past?
I am aware of the media and democrat attacks on veritas. I am aware they try to deflect from the content of the reports by atacking the reporters, just like you are trying to do.

I will ask once again, if you have enough intelctual integrity to answer this time, have you read the GOOGLE INTERNAL MEMOS? Are you claiming these memos are fake? Or do you want to keep dodging them so you dont have to face the truth that Google is not just a platform anymore, but an actively political organization.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 07:19 PM   #20
doggboy
Private First Class
335
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: san diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Googling "google veritas" sure does bring up a lot of far right sites:
https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...w=1482&bih=675

More right than left. I think we can leave this post at that.........
Lol. So you evidence is that when you google a conservative organization, other conservative organizations show up as well? Really?!

Try googling "clinton body" and see what google auto fills. Then do yhe same on bing, yahoo and duck duck go and see if you see the difference. Or goole clinton epstein and see what you get, or more acurately dont get.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 07:35 PM   #21
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2442
Rep
3,521
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
I am aware of the media and democrat attacks on veritas. I am aware they try to deflect from the content of the reports by atacking the reporters, just like you are trying to do.

I will ask once again, if you have enough intelctual integrity to answer this time, have you read the GOOGLE INTERNAL MEMOS? Are you claiming these memos are fake? Or do you want to keep dodging them so you dont have to face the truth that Google is not just a platform anymore, but an actively political organization.
It the same deflection tactic of when wikileaks release the DNC papers, instead of discussing the content they where busy saying how evil Wikileaks is and why it should be illegal for the public to view it.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer20146.00

      08-20-2019, 10:56 PM   #22
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9545
Rep
12,497
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Sure. You are aware of veritas sordid past?
I am aware of the media and democrat attacks on veritas. I am aware they try to deflect from the content of the reports by atacking the reporters, just like you are trying to do.

I will ask once again, if you have enough intelctual integrity to answer this time, have you read the GOOGLE INTERNAL MEMOS? Are you claiming these memos are fake? Or do you want to keep dodging them so you dont have to face the truth that Google is not just a platform anymore, but an actively political organization.
You say intellectual honesty, but provide no content. Again. Do I need to label you a Trumpster after your last few posts? You call me "tds" after I made two of three posts agreeing with trump policy. I never insulted you. You bring up project veritas. The alt right version of Michael Moore. You referred to a former Google engineer who Is obviously very biased.

You don't really post anything with content.

After I totally repudiate your Google documents and project veritas engineer,
I probably already know the playbook for your next post. MSM. Deepstate. HILLARY!!
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST