BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum z4 customization - first modifications

02-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #23
CSL335i
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: M2 and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffp1105 View Post
Hi SgtGiggleBox or CSL335i

Do you have an suggestions on how to remove the front "fins" from the bumper cover? I got the grills off but snapped a couple of tabs, but since I'm replacing them, it's not a big deal. I'd like to remove the fins with no damage.

Thanks,
Jeff
My technician did the job, unfortunatly i cannot help with this.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #24
ArmnStig
armenianstig
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW Z4 sdrive30i

Muffler Delete

I have a frozen grey/magma red 30i and I am loving it! Currently have 2800 miles. I had been looking around for exhausts and since it is a relatively new car, and I do have 4 cylinder trim, I couldn't find anything. I was curious, so as soon as I hit around 2300 miles I did a muffler delete. All I can say is WOW. A world of a difference. The exhaust sounds meaner, it has an awesome growl on a cold startup, yet when the engine warms up it is quiet. Put it in sport +, and the burbles and pops are much more prominent, with acceleration sounding so much better (in both comfort and sports modes). Videos can't do it justice, but I'll post some pictures and a video after I upload everything to my computer. Loud when it needs to be, and quiet when I want it to be. It's not obnoxiously loud, as some cars tend to be after taking the muffler off. Cabin drone is obviously a bit louder, but nothing that should bother anyone (at least in my experience). I also changed the exhaust tips.

If anyone has been considering a muffler delete for the 30i trim, I highly recommend it.

In regards to future mods, I saw that another owner installed carbon fiber mirror caps and they look amazing! I might buy those in the future.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:51 PM   #25
Stevej2316
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmnStig View Post
I have a frozen grey/magma red 30i and I am loving it! Currently have 2800 miles. I had been looking around for exhausts and since it is a relatively new car, and I do have 4 cylinder trim, I couldn't find anything. I was curious, so as soon as I hit around 2300 miles I did a muffler delete. All I can say is WOW. A world of a difference. The exhaust sounds meaner, it has an awesome growl on a cold startup, yet when the engine warms up it is quiet. Put it in sport +, and the burbles and pops are much more prominent, with acceleration sounding so much better (in both comfort and sports modes). Videos can't do it justice, but I'll post some pictures and a video after I upload everything to my computer. Loud when it needs to be, and quiet when I want it to be. It's not obnoxiously loud, as some cars tend to be after taking the muffler off. Cabin drone is obviously a bit louder, but nothing that should bother anyone (at least in my experience). I also changed the exhaust tips.

If anyone has been considering a muffler delete for the 30i trim, I highly recommend it.

In regards to future mods, I saw that another owner installed carbon fiber mirror caps and they look amazing! I might buy those in the future.
Would love to see or hear this. What was involved in the delete process? I have the identical car as you. Love it
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 12:30 AM   #26
Zupo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z (G29)

Very creative project.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 03:37 AM   #27
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

This is great work! Looks much improved OP well done.
      02-17-2024, 12:39 AM   #28
phdat28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmnStig View Post

can you take some video and what size tip did you go with?
Appreciate 0