BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Israel Bombings - Possible War Crimes

07-31-2014, 08:37 AM   #177
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
so sick of fighting going on in the middle east. they fight over religion, land and just pure hate. Stuff like this is why parts of the world struggle to join the 21th century
Completely agree

@Petros

Sorry, but the more you say "zionist" and "regime", the crazier you sound.

I have to admit, some great input in this thread, I have really enjoyed reading it since my knowledge on this area of the world is very limited. But as someone stated previously, this thread is the exact reason why the fighting will not stop.

@grimlock

You pretty much summarized the situation best without citing any historical sources. I'm impressed
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #178
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Completely agree

@Petros

Sorry, but the more you say "zionist" and "regime", the crazier you sound
Maybe you should google those words and learn their meaning before making idiotic statements
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 09:36 AM   #179
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Maybe you should google those words and learn their meaning before making idiotic statements
WOW Mr. Defensive

I know the meaning. It's just interesting language.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 09:38 AM   #180
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfvalley135i View Post
Everyone needs to watch this... Explains a lot...

do you mind summarizing it? i dont really have 40 minutes to watch the whole thing
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 09:58 AM   #181
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
WOW Mr. Defensive

I know the meaning. It's just interesting language.
why? I refer to the israelis and their supporters amd the terrorist groups fighting to create israel during british occupationas zionists, and that's what they are.

I say that israel is governed by a zionist regime and that's correct. Whichever party in power is irrelevant. The government and the ways of the government are committed to zionist goals and ideology. Thus its a zionist regime. Just like america is a capitalist regime. Both parties and the entire system of government adhere to capitalism. And that makes america a capitalist regime.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 10:06 AM   #182
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
why? I refer to the israelis and their supporters amd the terrorist groups fighting to create israel during british occupationas zionists, and that's what they are.

I say that israel is governed by a zionist regime and that's correct. Whichever party in power is irrelevant. The government and the ways of the government are committed to zionist goals and ideology. Thus its a zionist regime. Just like america is a capitalist regime. Both parties and the entire system of government adhere to capitalism. And that makes america a capitalist regime.
Wow, you really are difficult to talk to.

Maybe I can clarify with you what I was referring to.

"Interesting CHOICE of language." Most would normally say, government or governing body or administration. Anyway, this is an idiotic aspect to argue upon.

Carry on...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #183
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Wow, you really are difficult to talk to.

Maybe I can clarify with you what I was referring to.

"Interesting CHOICE of language." Most would normally say, government or governing body or administration. Anyway, this is an idiotic aspect to argue upon.

Carry on...
You seem to miss the point. Governments and administratios change all.the time.
But the regime itself is the same. Israel is run by a zionist regime that is committed to maintaining and expanding the jewish state. The actual government and administration itself changes depending on the parties elected. But all of them are committed to the same zionist goals. That makes all those governments part of one regime. No israeli government nor any major party has ever been non zionist let alone anti zionist. That is why they all belong to the same regime. They have the same goals and ideology. The only difference is they have different approaches towards achieving the same goal.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 11:28 AM   #184
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
You seem to miss the point. Governments and administratios change all.the time.
But the regime itself is the same. Israel is run by a zionist regime that is committed to maintaining and expanding the jewish state. The actual government and administration itself changes depending on the parties elected. But all of them are committed to the same zionist goals. That makes all those governments part of one regime. No israeli government nor any major party has ever been non zionist let alone anti zionist. That is why they all belong to the same regime. They have the same goals and ideology. The only difference is they have different approaches towards achieving the same goal.
You @Petros are missing the point. No one uses the word "Zionist" anymore, except for nut-job conspiracy theorists. I understand that was the term used to describe a political/national movement in the past. But it is only used nowadays to refer to Israelis in a disparaging way.

You also are using the word "regime" improperly. Besides that it implies authoritarian and draconian governance, which I'm sure was your intent behind using it, it refers to a government's way of doing things.

The Israeli democratic government has remained constant throughout the years....the regimes, if you really want to use that term, have changed as Prime Ministers have come and gone (Ariel Sharon's priorities and policies were quite different from Benjamin Netanyahu's)

Also, Israel has returned Sinai and the Suez canal to Egypt, Gaza to the Palestinians, most of the West Bank to the Palestinains, it has demobilized many, though not all of its West Bank settlements...it physically has less territory than it did 15 years ago.

So how is Israel still expanding? Where is your proof of this?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #185
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
@grimlock

You pretty much summarized the situation best without citing any historical sources. I'm impressed
Gee, I can't tell if that's contempt or admiration?
whatever it is it brought a smile to my face..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #186
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
You @Petros are missing the point. No one uses the word "Zionist" anymore, except for nut-job conspiracy theorists. I understand that was the term used to describe a political/national movement in the past. But it is only used nowadays to refer to Israelis in a disparaging way.

You also are using the word "regime" improperly. Besides that it implies authoritarian and draconian governance, which I'm sure was your intent behind using it, it refers to a government's way of doing things.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Gee, I can't tell if that's contempt or admiration?
whatever it is it brought a smile to my face..
Admiration. I'm an engineer so philosophy has never been a tool of mine but I respect how you were able to disect the situation in a completely different manner than everyone else. Besides, i'm not one for belittling people on a car forum.

On Topic:
The middle east is so damn confusing because every time somebody argues that land belonged to party x and party y took it over. SOmeone else argues that before that party y had once owned it. Then the situation repeats. Funny thing is that everyone fighting wasn't involved with these previous events because of how long ago they were. The problem and solution are simple yet complicated. It's all in the way a generation is brought up. Until that changes, the situation itself will never change.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #187
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
at this point I feel like we should just evacuate everyone out of that area, nuke the entire place, and spray agent orange everywhere. this is never going to end and they'll never peacefully coexist so no one gets to have the promised land.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #188
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
at this point I feel like we should just evacuate everyone out of that area, nuke the entire place, and spray agent orange everywhere. this is never going to end and they'll never peacefully coexist so no one gets to have the promised land.
And Hamas just violated another ceasefire an hour and a half in, killed 2 soldiers and kidnapped another.

They clearly just want peace
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #189
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkM3 View Post
And Hamas just violated another ceasefire an hour and a half in, killed 2 soldiers and kidnapped another.

http://news.msn.com/world/israel-dec...-gaza-shelling
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #190
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I hope they use him as a human shield
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #191
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

you're right. they dont want peace. they want the land.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #192
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
you're right. they dont want peace. they want the land.
For the Israelis peace means: leave us alone while we steal a bit more of your land
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #193
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I hope they use him as a human shield
And somehow your views aren't extremist, but rather are mainstream?

Quote:
For the Israelis peace means: leave us alone while we steal a bit more of your land
It's funny how you stop posting when people actively refute the stuff you say, only to pop back up later and contribute antagonistic comments. Typical troll tactics.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 05:02 PM   #194
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
And somehow your views aren't extremist, but rather are mainstream?
It would actually be a good theory to test. The Israelis ruthlessly bomb civilians, including children, with the excuse that they are being used as human shields to protect Hamas missiles. Hamas should use captured soldiers as human shields and tie them to the rocket launchers. Then they have cameras filming and live streaming the footage. If the Israelis are consistent, then they wouldn't hesitate to bomb the missile launchers anyway. If they refuse to bomb them to avoid killing the human shields (which is almost certainly what I expect to happen), then it will show the world how Israel values the life of 1 israeli jewish soldier more than 1600 Palestinian civilians including 200 children.

Quote:
It's funny how you stop posting when people actively refute the stuff you say, only to pop back up later and contribute antagonistic comments. Typical troll tactics.
My father taught me a long time ago it's more constructive to stare at paint drying than to argue with an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #195
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

I support Israel's actions 100%. They're surrounding by countries trying to kill them and are defending themselves appropriately. Besides, it's the Palestinians who bomb Israel first. It's also the Palestinians who have built tunnels from there to Israel and Hamas is currently heading the war towards Israel. If Israel wants to survive, they will have to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to support themselves seeing as the US and most of the radical West is against them and in support of terrorists who would want to see every non-Muslim killed.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #196
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I am more worried about Muslim immigrants in Europe using this as an excuse to go riot through the streets.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Convertibleguy View Post
Unlikely, in any serious numbers. The great majority of Muslims who have emigrated to the West did not do that to insidiously attack. In general they did it because they think Western society and Western values offer them and their children a better life. That's pretty much a duh.

We could do more to reinforce that belief, both on a personal and a national basis. It's not just a question of values (though it does embody traditional American values), it's a question of enhancing our security.
You cannot be serious......
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #197
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
I support Israel's actions 100%. They're surrounding by countries trying to kill them and are defending themselves appropriately. Besides, it's the Palestinians who bomb Israel first. It's also the Palestinians who have built tunnels from there to Israel and Hamas is currently heading the war towards Israel. If Israel wants to survive, they will have to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to support themselves seeing as the US and most of the radical West is against them and in support of terrorists who would want to see every non-Muslim killed.
Hey look, Glenn Beck signed up to the forum!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #198
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep

A millions years of "progress" in conflict resolution.

Normally I dont try to predict the future, but if a miracle occurs and we havent destroyed ourselves completely a million years from now, I am sure that the principles of conflict resolution will remain the same as they were a million years ago, and on and on it goes......