BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Donald Trump For President!

02-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #11067
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Shep Smith's rant on Fox News:

Quote:
"(Trump) keeps repeating ridiculous throwaway lines that are not true at all and sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we're some kind of fools for asking the question. Really?" Smith said. "Your opposition was hacked and the Russians were responsible for it and your people were on the phone with Russia on the same day it was happening and we're fools for asking the questions?"
Quote:
"No sir," Smith continued. "We are not fools for asking this question, and we demand to know the answer to this question. You owe this to the American people. Your supporters will support you either way. If your people were on the phone, what were they saying? We have a right to know, we absolutely do and that you call us fake news and put us down like children for asking these questions on behalf of the American people is inconsequential. The people deserve an answer to this question at very least."

Smith also defended CNN reporter Jim Acosta, who pressed Trump for answers on several points. Acosta and Trump have frequently sparred at past press conferences. Thursday Trump said he was upgrading CNN from "fake news" to "very fake news."

Smith defended Acosta during the segment Thursday, calling him "an accomplished reporter, a guy I've never met, but a good reporter."

Jim Acosta thanked Smith for his defense in a tweet shortly after the segment aired.
I've always like Shep, but now he'll have to deal with Trump's irritating, brain dead trolls on social media. Snowflakes are already calling on people to boycott his show.
Appreciate 1
Lups11027.50

02-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #11068
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: at 14mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
See, this is an objective, moderate post. I can get behind it. If the Republicans on this site could just be a little more like this and not so "Trump is great, you guys lost, get fucked" these conversations would be so much more productive. You can have reservations about someone you voted for, it's OK guys. You voted for him because you thought he was better than HRC, but you didn't think he was god did you? Because that's how you're acting.
Thanks sir. I also think it's the aggressiveness and swiftness to make attempts at discrediting Trump from the left [that are relatively unsubstantiated] that sparks such ignorance from the right, which apparently transcends the obvious tomfoolery that is currently taking place. Nothing wrong with saying how you feel, as long as it's how you genuinely feel instead of making everything a boxing match, and that is what I mainly read on the exchanges within the threads. I didn't vote for Trump, but he is my President now, so I try and clear my biases before typing out my posts.

It's almost like how I could say the C63S is a fucking pig of a car in response to someone telling me BMW screwed up by putting a 6 cylinder back into the M3 instead of a V8. Instead, I could say the C63S is a fantastic machine, as is the F80, both engineered with different goals in mind, perhaps; it's too easy to spot the negative in ANYTHING, so I choose to avoid it when I can unless it is a glaring issue...........like the turbos.
Appreciate 1
BEMR958.00

02-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #11069
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

It happens on both sides and has been that way since I can remember. I think it comes from always being on the defensive. You guys go over board supporting Trump because he gets attacked so frequently, and the left did the same with Obama for the same reasons. Human nature I guess but it's so counter productive.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 2
fravel1599.00

02-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #11070
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Your prez is elected for 4 years...actually it looks like he'll get 6 or more
.....huh?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #11071
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvplvrdBOI View Post
Thanks sir. I also think it's the aggressiveness and swiftness to make attempts at discrediting Trump from the left [that are relatively unsubstantiated] that sparks such ignorance from the right, which apparently transcends the obvious tomfoolery that is currently taking place. Nothing wrong with saying how you feel, as long as it's how you genuinely feel instead of making everything a boxing match, and that is what I mainly read on the exchanges within the threads. I didn't vote for Trump, but he is my President now, so I try and clear my biases before typing out my posts.

It's almost like how I could say the C63S is a fucking pig of a car in response to someone telling me BMW screwed up by putting a 6 cylinder back into the M3 instead of a V8. Instead, I could say the C63S is a fantastic machine, as is the F80, both engineered with different goals in mind, perhaps; it's too easy to spot the negative in ANYTHING, so I choose to avoid it when I can unless it is a glaring issue...........like the turbos.
FACT.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #11072
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
.....huh?
I think he was implying that Trump is headed for prison.
      02-17-2017, 09:46 AM   #11073
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
It happens on both sides and has been that way since I can remember. I think it comes from always being on the defensive. You guys go over board supporting Trump because he gets attacked so frequently, and the left did the same with Obama for the same reasons. Human nature I guess but it's so counter productive.

Quote:
FACT.
Positive post spun into the ground....are you the MSM?!?
Appreciate 1
fecurtis3160.50

02-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #11074
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Shep Smith's rant on Fox News:

I've always like Shep, but now he'll have to deal with Trump's irritating, brain dead trolls on social media. Snowflakes are already calling on people to boycott his show.
I like Shep too. But sometimes these guys want to say something provocative to show they are serious news people. Who knows maybe Shep will get an interview with Trump at some point.

I don't have an issue with what Shep said. Trump needs to not be so thin skinned and tone back a little. But it's part of who he is and where he is today.

sermon over return to your daily routine .... PA out.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 1
fecurtis3160.50

02-17-2017, 10:56 AM   #11075
DesmondF10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i, 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
HRC lost me on immigration, refugees, law enforcement officers, BL Matters, Terrorists, Vets, Military, Iran, Benghazi, her husband, email scandal, 30g deleted emails, advance notice on debate questions, celebrity fan wow, lying to families of fallen at Andrews AFB about a video, just to name a few, other than that I loved her too.
Lots of disinformation in those issues - yes, if you don't look at what actually occurred and believe fake news, I can see your point.

But if we treasure integrity, neither of our votes would go to HRC or Trump.

I thought HRC was less insane.

Great choices.

2009 328i, Crimson Red/Sport Suspension, Full Bavsound
Appreciate 2
Lups11027.50
MKSixer19841.00

02-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #11076
DesmondF10
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
Did we just find common ground?

You're right, I voted for Trump because I thought (and do still believe) that he was a better choice than Clinton. I've even stated in these threads that my vote wasn't pro-Trump as much as it was never-Hillary.

Having said that though - y'all did the same thing with Obama. He could do no wrong in the eyes of Democrats. We learned how to worship our candidate from you, y'all can't get sassy just because the other shoe has dropped now.

I'm not a Democrat, I vote both ways, so one might say I am Bi-Party. I do know people, me included, that recognize reality - that all people have weaknesses and strengths.

Obama's strength was NOT business, NOT backslapping, NOT recognizing the reality that he had to include Republicans and give them reasonable input. Obama's strengths were social issues - his background was community organizing, and as a lawyer, he appreciated nuance, caution, and doing his homework.

Trump's strength is as an entertainer and someone who pushes others to bend to his will. His weaknesses are many, some were on display at yesterday's presser.

Appreciate 1
Lups11027.50

02-17-2017, 11:11 AM   #11077
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmondF10 View Post
I'm not a Democrat, I vote both ways, so one might say I am Bi-Party. I do know people, me included, that recognize reality - that all people have weaknesses and strengths.

Obama's strength was NOT business, NOT backslapping, NOT recognizing the reality that he had to include Republicans and give them reasonable input. Obama's strengths were social issues - his background was community organizing, and as a lawyer, he appreciated nuance, caution, and doing his homework.

Trump's strength is as an entertainer and someone who pushes others to bend to his will. His weaknesses are many, some were on display at yesterday's presser.
Curious - you admit that all people have strengths and weaknesses, yet you can't mention any of Obama's, only his supposed strengths. Thanks for proving my point!

Also... wooosh!

02-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #11078
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Curious - you admit that all people have strengths and weaknesses, yet you can't mention any of Obama's, only his supposed strengths. Thanks for proving my point!

Also... wooosh!

FTFY sir.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #11079
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Dammit ma bad I was just trying to save the world again.
Appreciate 1
fravel1599.00

02-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #11080
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dammit ma bad I was just trying to save the world again.
Hahaha, you were quick, but not quick enough!
      02-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #11081
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha, you were quick, but not quick enough!
Holy shit I just realized you had to have fixed that in under 12 seconds or something.
Appreciate 2
fravel1599.00
MKSixer19841.00

02-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #11082
DesmondF10
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you an idiot?

It's a rhetorical question because you post like a moron.

Saying NOT business, NOT something else means it is a weakness.

I'm guessing reading comprehension was not your strength.

It's obvious as to Obama's weaknesses- he did not backslap, he did not understand business, he used too much political capital on health care, he did not recognize that he needed GOP input to govern and include. The caution was sometimes a weakness. He was too reserved and guarded.

Heck of a speaker though, and he chose his words carefully most of the time, which is why it was somewhat halting in public.

Donald has no such problem or filter, and it is a weakness - he blurt vomits without thinking of the effect of his words.

Appreciate 1
VRG_135790.50

02-17-2017, 11:50 AM   #11083
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Recently Trump had made the statement in a press conference that the media was failing to mention Islamic Terror Attacks, they laughed at him, could Trump of been relying on a factual site like this that is actually keeping a worldwide list on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis? In 30 days this list is so long it's a few pages, look at the last year it will take you all day to read, spot check a couple random listings and see for yourself they are real. THIS is coming to a city near you! You can bet on that.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/at...aspx?Yr=Last30

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #11084
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C

you can't tell me that Trump didn't give the most epic news conference ever yesterday...

not sure I agree with it, but the fact that he disrespects the media is imho completely well deserved... they slaughtered him for almost 2 years... and he is just banging right back... don't feel sorry for them one bit
Appreciate 4
MKSixer19841.00
PA135i947.00
///Mongo259.00
anglo49031.00

02-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #11085
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
you can't tell me that Trump didn't give the most epic news conference ever yesterday...

not sure I agree with it, but the fact that he disrespects the media is imho completely well deserved... they slaughtered him for almost 2 years... and he is just banging right back... don't feel sorry for them one bit
The 'slaughtering' they gave/give him is well deserved. That guy needs to stick to hotels and golf courses. He has no business being in the WhiteHouse.
Appreciate 1
Lups11027.50

02-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #11086
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
Recently Trump had made the statement in a press conference that the media was failing to mention Islamic Terror Attacks, they laughed at him, could Trump of been relying on a factual site like this that is actually keeping a worldwide list on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis? In 30 days this list is so long it's a few pages, look at the last year it will take you all day to read, spot check a couple random listings and see for yourself they are real. THIS is coming to a city near you! You can bet on that.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/at...aspx?Yr=Last30
You're dead wrong. These are all misunderstandings and misinterpretations of their actions. :roll eyes: :roll eyes:

We need to seek a better way to understand their pain and what we did to drive them to commit acts they clearly didn't mean to engage in. Where have we gone wrong?!?!!! :roll eyes:

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #11087
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with you on that. Their focus should definitely shift elsewhere. But it's becoming a Trump vs. media circle jerk since he is making himself a relatively easy target because of his conduct. I understand that it is impossible to ignore them, particularly when it is his duty to occasionally address them.

I, too, would like them to report the "news". I also agree that we have not had a figure in power such as him before, it's quite unconventional. Is it effective, though? That is debatable, and remains to be seen.
See, this is an objective, moderate post. I can get behind it. If the Republicans on this site could just be a little more like this and not so "Trump is great, you guys lost, get fucked" these conversations would be so much more productive. You can have reservations about someone you voted for, it's OK guys. You voted for him because you thought he was better than HRC, but you didn't think he was god did you? Because that's how you're acting.
They aren't republicans. I have a buddy who's a big Bernie Sanders fan that went hardcore trump. hopefully science will find a cause for that condition someday
Appreciate 2
fecurtis3160.50
Lups11027.50

02-17-2017, 12:15 PM   #11088
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you an idiot?

It's a rhetorical question because you post like a moron.

Saying NOT business, NOT something else means it is a weakness.
Let's rewind and look at what you said:

Quote:
Obama's strength was NOT business, NOT backslapping, NOT recognizing the reality that he had to include Republicans and give them reasonable input.
The subject of your first sentence is 'strength' - saying that something is not a strength =/= claiming that thing is a weakness. It just means that it's not a strength. Furthermore, you seem to flip flop on your use of the word "not" through the sentence.

'Obama's strength was not business': Ok, he wasn't strong on business. Again, that doesn't mean you are claiming he was weak on business.

'Obama's strength was not backslapping': Huh? Is backslapping a good or bad thing? The original post seems to imply that 'not backslapping' is a good thing, your 2nd response seems to imply that it's a bad thing.

'Obama's strength was not recognizing the reality that he had to include Republicans and give them reasonable input.': Again, what? This seems to imply that excluding Republicans was a good thing, then your 2nd response seems to imply that it's a bad thing.

Before you accuse someone of poor reading comprehension, perhaps you should make sure you're able to convey thoughts clearly.

Last edited by fravel; 02-17-2017 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0