BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Donald Trump For President!

03-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #1145
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

I do income tax returns here in California, I wish more would discuss this, EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT. Average tax refund for individuals with a child or two making between 10 thousand and 40 thousand a year 5000.00 to 9000.00 dollars and all they pay in is 7.65% to our social security system. And thats AFTER they pay in nothing! For if they pay in tax in most cases as withholding tax, they get most or all of that back.

I see married individuals that might make somewhere around 48000 claim that they are living apart and claim head of household with one of the children in the other spouse claims head of household with the other children and now each get $5,000 refund whereas if they were doing it legally and legitimately their income at $48,000 would not qualify them to become eligible for earned income credit I see it all the time.

These people have figured out how to get social security numbers, usually they are the illegal or birthright side, refunds are collectively in the billions nationwide. I just wish this would be discussed more. like I have said before these people coming across the border on trains on boats in Buses illegally are not scientists they start out in the minimum wage job force and they are ruining everything along the borders and its migrating more Northerly each day believe me Trump has the best idea to build the wall and for God sake make sure Mexico pays for it that should be very simple.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:04 PM   #1146
FL335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
No, the first thing Obama did as president in 2009 was to undo the very successful "welfare reform" that Congress passed and Clinton signed in the 1990's. Since then, welfare rolls have exploded. And according to the Obama Administration, the economy is better than it was under Bush, so by that logic welfare rolls should be very small....
It's true. Welfare has tripled under Obama. It's an easy equation: keep the people down and they will continue to vote for the people who give it to them. Sad.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 08:29 PM   #1147
sdf10m5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
I will be casting my vote for The Donald
+1
      03-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #1148
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR
I do income tax returns here in California, I wish more would discuss this, EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT. Average tax refund for individuals with a child or two making between 10 thousand and 40 thousand a year 5000.00 to 9000.00 dollars and all they pay in is 7.65% to our social security system. And thats AFTER they pay in nothing! For if they pay in tax in most cases as withholding tax, they get most or all of that back.

I see married individuals that might make somewhere around 48000 claim that they are living apart and claim head of household with one of the children in the other spouse claims head of household with the other children and now each get $5,000 refund whereas if they were doing it legally and legitimately their income at $48,000 would not qualify them to become eligible for earned income credit I see it all the time.

These people have figured out how to get social security numbers, usually they are the illegal or birthright side, refunds are collectively in the billions nationwide. I just wish this would be discussed more. like I have said before these people coming across the border on trains on boats in Buses illegally are not scientists they start out in the minimum wage job force and they are ruining everything along the borders and its migrating more Northerly each day believe me Trump has the best idea to build the wall and for God sake make sure Mexico pays for it that should be very simple.
Just to be clear, Obama relaxed the rules on the EITC and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). You no longer need a social security number to file your taxes - as an illegal you can use an ITIN. you can also now claim your kids that don't live in the US. There's of course no way for the IRS to verify where the kids love, or even if the kids even exist. The program fraud is off the charts - it was $4.1B several years ago, according to the OIG.

Gracias, Obama!!
      03-15-2016, 08:47 PM   #1149
FL335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Just to be clear, Obama relaxed the rules on the EITC and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). You no longer need a social security number to file your taxes - as an illegal you can use an ITIN. you can also now claim your kids that don't live in the US. There's of course no way for the IRS to verify where the kids love, or even if the kids even exist. The program fraud is off the charts - it was $4.1B several years ago, according to the OIG.

Gracias, Obama!!
WHY in the F would this be allowed?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #1150
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
No, the first thing Obama did as president in 2009 was to undo the very successful "welfare reform" that Congress passed and Clinton signed in the 1990's. Since then, welfare rolls have exploded. And according to the Obama Administration, the economy is better than it was under Bush, so by that logic welfare rolls should be very small....
I stand corrected, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:07 PM   #1151
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post

They're too busy swooning over increasing the minimum wage, something that will do nothing to help this whole income inequality thing.

I'm all for EITC since it helps WORKING families, but the abuse you just described is appalling.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:08 PM   #1152
doane2u
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M Sport E88

Quote:

Gracias, Obama!!
You are somewhat right, but not completely and you are over simplifying it. I agree, this has to be changed, but you can't blame it all on Obama, who signed a temporary extension in 2009. Bush's 2001 tax cuts made more parents eligible for refundable credits, and increased the amount in steps to $1,000 per child. It's been debated back and forth since then.

If you really want to wade through this whole thing, here is a good explanation of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:15 PM   #1153
doane2u
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Gracias, Obama!!
Obama didn't do that, he wasn't in office until 2012.. more spin from you, I guess...

The 2001 Bush tax cuts made more parents eligible for refundable credits, and increased the amount in steps to $1,000 per child.

So by 2005, the recent IG report said, 796,000 persons without valid Social Security numbers claimed refundable child credits totaling $924 million, and in 2008, these claims had risen to 1,526,276 persons claiming $2.1 billion in refunds.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #1154
FL335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u View Post
Obama didn't do that, he wasn't in office until 2012...

What?

Are you an illegal?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:23 PM   #1155
doane2u
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wrong and miss leading again, you're good at this, you are the epitome of a fine Trump groupie.

Does Obama’s Plan ‘Gut Welfare Reform’?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:25 PM   #1156
doane2u
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335 View Post
What?

Are you an illegal?
Can you read.. read the whole thing, I gave you a link.. nothing is simple and one sided.

The 2001 Bush tax cuts made more parents eligible for refundable credits, and increased the amount in steps to $1,000 per child.

So by 2005, the recent IG report said, 796,000 persons without valid Social Security numbers claimed refundable child credits totaling $924 million, and in 2008, these claims had risen to 1,526,276 persons claiming $2.1 billion in refunds.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #1157
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u
Quote:

Gracias, Obama!!
You are somewhat right, but not completely and you are over simplifying it. I agree, this has to be changed, but you can't blame it all on Obama, who signed a temporary extension in 2009. Bush's 2001 tax cuts made more parents eligible for refundable credits, and increased the amount in steps to $1,000 per child. It's been debated back and forth since then.

If you really want to wade through this whole thing, here is a good explanation of it.
Obama didn't just extend it in 2009, he significantly expanded it - which is why the fraud increased fourfold. "Factcheck.org" is a very liberal website - they glossed over that part in their description.

It's now been extended through 2017.

Here's a news report that covers it at a more street level:

http://www.wthr.com/story/17798210/t...costs-billions
      03-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #1158
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wrong and miss leading again, you're good at this, you are the epitome of a fine Trump groupie.

Does Obama’s Plan ‘Gut Welfare Reform’?
The article link you provided was discussing Obama's welfare changes in the 2012 election - I was citing his undoing welfare reform as soon as he took office in 2009. Here's an article from 2009:

"Welfare reform has been an overwhelming success. Since 1996, welfare caseloads have decreased 70 percent, which translates into 8.8 million fewer people dependent on government. Child-poverty rates dropped, particularly among blacks and Hispanics. Teen pregnancies have (until recently) decreased, and child-support collections have increased.

Despite its success, or perhaps because of it, President Obama and his allies are doing all they can to destroy welfare reform. Mr. Obama?s $862 billion stimulus package last February essentially abolished welfare reform by subsidizing the expansion of welfare rolls. The federal government now pays states 80 percent of the cost for each new family they add to their welfare rolls, a move that eliminates states? incentive to push welfare recipients into the job force.

Partly as a consequence of the infusion of federal welfare funds, welfare rolls increased in 2009 for the first time since PRWORA was enacted, growing 5 percent as 200,000 more Americans were added."

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...w-it/?page=all
      03-15-2016, 09:35 PM   #1159
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Gracias, Obama!!
Obama didn't do that, he wasn't in office until 2012.. more spin from you, I guess...

Who was President of the United States from 2009-2012?
      03-15-2016, 09:41 PM   #1160
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335
Quote:

Gracias, Obama!!
WHY in the F would this be allowed?
Politicians hoping to score the immigrant and illegal vote. Make no mistake - both parties are doing everything they can to try and win the votes of illegals. As astonishing as that sounds, I can't come to any other conclusion:

- justice department not considering voter fraud cases,

- Feds challenging states who require an ID to vote

-Motor Voter programs

-Driver licenses for illegals

- mail in voter registration given to college students at registration (not checking if they are registered in their home states, or even if they are citizens

And it goes on. Hope and Change!
      03-15-2016, 09:43 PM   #1161
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C

Quote:
ok this made me lol
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 10:11 PM   #1162
doane2u
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're right, typo, I meant that he wasn't in office in 2001 when Bush's tax cuts made more parents eligible for refundable credits, and increased the amount in steps to $1,000 per child.
Those 2009 Obama “temporary” changes were extended at least through 2012 by the bill Obama signed in December 2010 which also extended the Bush tax cuts and enacted additional economic stimulus measures including a reduction in federal payroll taxes.

Fact Check dot com is not a liberal website, all facts are sourced at the end of the article.. you should read it for a unbiased view, instead of just listening to Fox New type information. You can read it here
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 10:27 PM   #1163
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You're right, typo, I meant that he wasn't in office in 2001 when Bush's tax cuts made more parents eligible for refundable credits, and increased the amount in steps to $1,000 per child.
Those 2009 Obama “temporary” changes were extended at least through 2012 by the bill Obama signed in December 2010 which also extended the Bush tax cuts and enacted additional economic stimulus measures including a reduction in federal payroll taxes.

Fact Check dot com is not a liberal website, all facts are sourced at the end of the article.. you should read it for a unbiased view, instead of just listening to Fox New type information. You can read it here
Obama widened the program in 2009, extended it through 2012, and is now extended through 2017, despite the overwhelming fraud.

"Factcheck.org" is absolutely a liberal website - it's run by the Annenberg Foundation, based in Chicago. For years the AF ran a program in Chicago public schools called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. Both Obama and (terrorist) Bill Ayers sat on the board of the CAC (so much for Obama saying he didn't know Bill Ayers).

What was that about Fox News? Perhaps you should do your own fact checking.

Edit: I went back and re-read the factcheck link. They say what I was saying:

"Finally, President Obama’s 2009 stimulus measure made temporary changes that had the effect of allowing more parents to claim the refundable credits, or claim greater amounts. And the total grew the following year to the $4.2 billion cited by the IG. Those “temporary” changes now have been extended at least through 2012 by the bill Obama signed in December 2010..."

Although they don't tie the explosion of fraud to exactly what Obama did, and what Obama has extended. The article was written in May, 2012, and the subsequent extensions were floated after that.
      03-16-2016, 12:00 AM   #1164
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw
Quote:

Gracias, Obama!!
At least this is true for ITIN numbers:

*You cannot claim EITC using an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number (ATIN) issued by IRS.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 12:29 AM   #1165
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw
Quote:

Gracias, Obama!!
At least this is true for ITIN numbers:

*You cannot claim EITC using an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number (ATIN) issued by IRS.
Right, but illegals can claim the Additional Child Tax Credit of $1,000/kid. And no one checks to see if the kids even exist.

And the IRS isn't pursuing EITC or ACTC fraud. They are too busy investigating right-wing and religious organizations. And Lois Lerner got off Scot-free with that, with a government pension to boot.
      03-16-2016, 01:32 AM   #1166
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Quote:
"Factcheck.org" is absolutely a liberal website - it's run by the Annenberg Foundation, based in Chicago. For years the AF ran a program in Chicago public schools called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge.
Any website based on Facts is going to be a liberal website because liberals actually care about facts and base their arguments and views on facts whereas conservatives rely on cable news talking points.
Appreciate 0