BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Donald Trump For President!

03-13-2017, 08:33 AM   #12497
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvplvrdBOI View Post
Hmmm. Thankfully, I haven't run into much of this sort of thing in my area. That's pretty shameful.
Cleveland, OH and MoCo MD are two very, very, very different areas.

One sucks and one charges you for bags at the grocery store.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 08:37 AM   #12498
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: at 14mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
They've been on it since June of 2015. It's now a way of life.
Well, it is tiresome to say the least. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Cleveland, OH and MoCo MD are two very, very, very different areas.

One sucks and one charges you for bags at the grocery store.
Yeah I know. Still though, I did see some dudes in the back of a pickup truck with an enormous confederate flag driving through the parking lot of one of our local shopping centers and jeering at folks. Thankfully, I was in my hood car.

Bro, I always go through the self-checkouts and say I didn't use any bags, when in reality I used like 4. I am rebellious.
Appreciate 2
fecurtis3160.50
MKSixer20262.00

03-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #12499
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bro, I always go through the self-checkouts and say I didn't use any bags, when in reality I used like 4. I am rebellious.
Ain't got no time for the rules over here.

I bet you ring up organic produce as non-organic produce. Madness!
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #12500
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ain't got no time for the rules over here.

I bet you ring up organic produce as non-organic produce. Madness!
I hope this doesn't come off as too petty/lazy, but I genuinely hate looking for produce in the computerized system. The only benefit I see to it is that it prints a barcode that eliminates the need to search for the item at the actual register, once I'm there.

First world problems have ruined me.
Appreciate 1
fecurtis3160.50

03-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #12501
DesmondF10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i, 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
They've been on it since June of 2015. It's now a way of life.
When someone lies 2/3 of the time, if you are MSM, do you let it go?

I'd rather focus on Trump's policies. On several major issues, he says one thing and then with sleight of policy, does another.

Trump seems an empty vessel without principle. Not a good quality in a President.

Look at his statements in the past, and he seems somewhat moderate on some policies. Then one looks at the policies he is pushing.

Bannon pours in his policies, and Trump is the puppet. Bannon is short term loathing of the global economy and the bureaucracy. He is fighting them instead of having them negotiate or in the cause of a bureucracy, buy into a plan.

2009 328i, Crimson Red/Sport Suspension, Full Bavsound
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 09:02 AM   #12502
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hood casual.........
Street certified.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #12503
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave View Post
Im fair skin and been given Odd looks since i dress hood casual
Careful...

... I'll show myself out.
Appreciate 1
fecurtis3160.50

03-13-2017, 09:31 AM   #12504
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Careful...

... I'll show myself out.
Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #12505
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie_2005 View Post
Oh I definitely don't judge all white people for that. But lately I've been missing Europe.

Just getting called a stupid American is way better than getting called some racial slur by someone who's the same nationality as me. But that's what Obama did: made us even more divided. I guess the way I was raised, I don't understand how we as Americans could vote in someone so polarizing as him.

Trump: Make America hate again.
FTFY

Hate to break it to you, but that's a function of the Obama identity politics we had to put up with for the past 8 years. As a white guy I can tell you I never realized how much contempt the black community had for white people until I listened to the stuff black people would say about us under Obama's encouragement. For example, I was labeled a racist by someone following an otherwise pleasant conversation simply because I didn't watch Obama's inaugurations. What we're seeing now is the backlash.
      03-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #12506
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
FTFY

Hate to break it to you, but that's a function of the Obama identity politics we had to put up with for the past 8 years. As a white guy I can tell you I never realized how much contempt the black community had for white people until I listened to the stuff black people would say about us under Obama's encouragement. For example, I was labeled a racist by someone following an otherwise pleasant conversation simply because I didn't watch Obama's inaugurations. What we're seeing now is the backlash.
Pretty much sums it up, i fall under one of the sjw segmented minority groups but since im perceived as white due to complication and success i get plenty of shit talking from my own kind and they are always shock when i respond back in the same language they are shit talking in. If it terrible for whites to be 'racist' or 'discriminatory' it equally as bad for any other group to do so as well.
Appreciate 1
fravel1599.00

03-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #12507
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
FTFY

TBH, I feel like these sentiments have existed long before either presidency. The boldness is what differs, as people feel more inclined to voice their opinions given the spin/context of the current administration.

For example, I have yet to be targeted [as an African-America] under Trump, so far. So for me, I don't feel as though Trump taking office makes a difference. As with Obama, I don't recall my white friends and/or associates being labeled racists by any of the African-Americans and/or other minorities within their own circles, or otherwise. Perhaps this has more to do with geographical location and less with attitude? Not too sure.

Also, I think people associate racism with political affiliation far too much. Not directing this toward you, but just as an afterthought based upon what you've said.
Appreciate 1
fravel1599.00

03-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #12508
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
FTFY

Racist.

It's just the pendulum swinging heavily in the opposite direction now.
Appreciate 1
fravel1599.00

03-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #12509
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Racist.

Also, to be racist just because another group was racist before you under a president of different color as a form of backlash is not only ridiculous, but downright stupid. How fucking old are people? Just saying.
Appreciate 1
fecurtis3160.50

03-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #12510
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
TBH, I feel like these sentiments have existed long before either presidency. The boldness is what differs, as people feel more inclined to voice their opinions given the spin/context of the current administration.

For example, I have yet to be targeted [as an African-America] under Trump, so far. So for me, I don't feel as though Trump taking office makes a difference. As with Obama, I don't recall my white friends and/or associates being labeled racists by any of the African-Americans and/or other minorities within their own circles, or otherwise. Perhaps this has more to do with geographical location and less with attitude? Not too sure.

Also, I think people associate racism with political affiliation far too much. Not directing this toward you, but just as an afterthought based upon what you've said.
That would be it, the DC metro area is a very diverse area so I don't think the racist feelings really run that deep since you likely know people from many different backgrounds.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #12511
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
That would be it, the DC metro area is a very diverse area so I don't think the racist feelings really run that deep since you likely know people from many different backgrounds.
Yeah. Tbh I knew that, but I wanted to respond anyway, since that seems to be the norm, around here.
Appreciate 2
fravel1599.00
fecurtis3160.50

03-13-2017, 10:04 AM   #12512
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave View Post
Pretty much sums it up, i fall under one of the sjw segmented minority groups but since im perceived as white due to complication and success i get plenty of shit talking from my own kind and they are always shock when i respond back in the same language they are shit talking in. If it terrible for whites to be 'racist' or 'discriminatory' it equally as bad for any other group to do so as well.
Exactly - but that's probably just my white privilege speaking.

Quote:
Agreed, the underlying feelings have a long history - I just think we were making a lot more progress on correcting those feelings before the norm was to dismiss people who disagree with a given view as being an X-ist. Insert whatever topic you like for X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvplvrdBOI
Can I get an amen?

Quote:
Also, to be racist just because another group was racist before you under a president of different color as a form of backlash is not only ridiculous, but downright stupid. How fucking old are people? Just saying.
I agree to a point, but I see it less as spite in the sense of "they did it so now I'm gonna do it" and more of a function of "If I'm gonna suffer the punishment I might as well actually do what I've been accused of."
      03-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #12513
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Agreed, the underlying feelings have a long history - I just think we were making a lot more progress on correcting those feelings before the norm was to dismiss people who disagree with a given view as being an X-ist. Insert whatever topic you like for X.

I agree to a point, but I see it less as spite in the sense of "they did it so now I'm gonna do it" and more of a function of "If I'm gonna suffer the punishment I might as well actually do what I've been accused of."
Last point is really interesting. Makes a lot more sense, albeit a derivative concept of the whole eye-for-an-eye tooth-for-a-tooth mentality. Still though, I suppose if I were in the situation of someone such as yourself who was a victim of that kind of accusation, then I am sure it is justified in a relative sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 10:24 AM   #12514
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
1. Agreed, the underlying feelings have a long history - I just think we were making a lot more progress on correcting those feelings before the norm was to dismiss people who disagree with a given view as being an X-ist. Insert whatever topic you like for X.

2. I agree to a point, but I see it less as spite in the sense of "they did it so now I'm gonna do it" and more of a function of "If I'm gonna suffer the punishment I might as well actually do what I've been accused of."
Point #1 - Exactly. Granted I am a white male that comes from a good family and lives in a very "Snowy" area of Colorado, but the overall impression I got was that there wasnt as much "Racism" as there is now. And the majority of the alleged "Racism" isnt actually racism, it is just someone not agreeing with you. This gets played into being race relation problems, but in actuality, it is just people dont like other people. You also need to take into account everyone is so scared of being labeled racists, that they are being even more racist. I know I am guilty of that at times. Ive got a black neighbor and I catch my self doing stupid shit that I would never do with my white neighbor. Its not be being racist, but more me trying so hard to not be racist, that it comes off racist.

Point #2 - In my opinion it is more spite than being labeled a racist so now i will actually be a racists. In my experience, humans are spiteful. If you are wronged, you want to get them back. The majority of Human History is filled with revenge, retaliation and general douchebaggery. It will take one side being the bigger person and not retaliating, but lets be honest, that will never happen. There are morons on both sides and those morons scream the loudest.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM410025.00
MKSixer20262.00

03-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #12515
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Point #1 - Exactly. Granted I am a white male that comes from a good family and lives in a very "Snowy" area of Colorado, but the overall impression I got was that there wasnt as much "Racism" as there is now. And the majority of the alleged "Racism" isnt actually racism, it is just someone not agreeing with you. This gets played into being race relation problems, but in actuality, it is just people dont like other people. You also need to take into account everyone is so scared of being labeled racists, that they are being even more racist. I know I am guilty of that at times. Ive got a black neighbor and I catch my self doing stupid shit that I would never do with my white neighbor. Its not be being racist, but more me trying so hard to not be racist, that it comes off racist.
You go out and double check to make sure your car is locked when he's outside don't you?

Quote:
Point #2 - In my opinion it is more spite than being labeled a racist so now i will actually be a racists. In my experience, humans are spiteful. If you are wronged, you want to get them back. The majority of Human History is filled with revenge, retaliation and general douchebaggery. It will take one side being the bigger person and not retaliating, but lets be honest, that will never happen. There are morons on both sides and those morons scream the loudest.
Agreed. We're all shit.
Appreciate 3
csu872092.50
fravel1599.00

03-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #12516
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 4
fecurtis3160.50
csu872092.50
fravel1599.00
MKSixer20262.00

03-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #12517
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You go out and double check to make sure your car is locked when he's outside don't you?
No but I always bring him chicken

It will just be something Ill say or do and be like, wtf would I do that? Like going out of my way to talk to him when I hate talking to everyone. Dont want him to think Im ignoring him cause hes black.

Quote:
Agreed. We're all shit.
What do you mean "We"? Racist

Quote:
whys he gotta be white? racist
Appreciate 3
fecurtis3160.50
fravel1599.00

03-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #12518
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Racist.

Yup, maybe that pendulum is hitting some people in the ass.

For the record: I'm white or Caucasian. And I can't help it I was born that way.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0