BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Donald Trump For President!

08-17-2015, 08:00 AM   #111
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post
Problem is, no one is defending republicans... they are just as much at fault as anyone, if not more and I side with neither currently. Clinton is an idiot (both of them), Bush is also an idiot (all of them). I just dont like seeing Clinton up on a pedastol as if he was handed down from the heavens and saved our economy, but a lot of people like to remember the past how they want instead of what history actually says.
I think a lot of the rosy retrospection during the Clinton administration was just due to the fact that the economy was doing well and there were no major international conflicts. People were pretty happy during those years so they associate it with Clinton since he was in office.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #112
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
Tony20009 if ya have access to a smart phone you'll find bimmerpost easier to read, especially with lengthy cut N paste post fragments. Although some posters have accused you of lengthy post awards, I find them easier to read on a Note 4.

Cheers
I read on a PC monitor (size varies by PC, but the smallest is 19") or laptop screen. I don't read any prose on a smartphone; the screen's too small. TY for the suggestion, however.

All the best.
So you read poetry on a smart phone only, lol!

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #113
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
So you read poetry on a smart phone only, lol!
LOL

Actually all I read on my phone are text messages and short emails. When I see long emails, I defer reading them until I can get to a computer/laptop.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 10:05 PM   #114
SoCal235
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235

Stay classy Mr. Trump.

I will say that the people following me are passionate, he added. "They love this country and want this country to be great again. They are passionate. This was Trump's reply when asked about the 2 brothers that beat & urinated on a homeless latino man.

Article here

I guess the remarks Trump has been making about Mexicans and Latinos has brought out some of his more "passionate" supporters.

EDIT: Oh yeah, isn't Trump also the guy who suggested 14 year old accused rapists should be put to death? Sounds like a real stable inidividual to lead our country.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 11:05 PM   #115
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal235 View Post
I guess the remarks Trump has been making about Mexicans and Latinos has brought out some of his more "passionate" supporters.
Yeah, the ones who wear white hoods in their off hours.
      08-21-2015, 04:20 AM   #116
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stay classy Mr. Trump.

I will say that the people following me are passionate,” he added. "They love this country and want this country to be great again. They are passionate.” This was Trump's reply when asked about the 2 brothers that beat & urinated on a homeless latino man.

Article here

EDIT: Oh yeah, isn't Trump also the guy who suggested 14 year old accused rapists should be put to death? Sounds like a real stable inidividual to lead our country.
Mr. Trump also stated, " 'It would be a shame,' Trump said upon hearing of the alleged assault."

Call me a cynic, but I think Mr. Trump is too bright to not know that his statement necessarily says that he doesn't actually see the event as truly being "a shame." Anyone who speaks French, Spanish, Romanian or Italian will understand immediately why. That is the meaning contained in the mode of that statement. I think Mr. Trump is aware that his very brief statement is as telling for what it says as for what it does not.

In fairness, it's possible that the author who quoted Mr. Trump left out words that may have followed "shame." What those words may be I can't say. I can only say that "it would be a shame" is a phrasing that isn't usually uttered alone; conditional elements of some sort -- e.g., ...would be a shame if.... -- tend to follow.

Classy? I presume you were being sarcastic with your opening comment? Smug, duplicitous, and vague are terms I'd have chosen, if only because for readers who are unfamiliar with the writer, absent body language/facial expressions, sarcasm is hard to identify in writing.

Blue:
Passionate, hugh? Well, yes, the two brothers are passionate. So are KKK, NAACP, Aryan Nation, and PETA members. Hell, if they are sexually stimulated by public urination, they and their deed could still be called passionate. Who the hell cannot see that the Leader brothers aren't passionate?

What an empty statement on Mr. Trump's part! And therein one sees the issue I have with Mr. Trump right now, much as I'd like to like him because I do -- at 20K feet -- actually like his brash, non-politician's approach and demeanor. It strikes me as a "dumbed-down" and emotionally driven version of Ron Paul's pithy and rational witticisms. Of late, however, vacuity has been emblematic of Mr. Trump.

Now that he's actually running for the Republican nomination, he's been very short on substance. That's a shame really for the very things that make him appealing prior to joining the race are the things he's pared back on after starting his run. That makes me wonder about a number of things, not the least of which is his sincerity toward the job and American citizens, as well as his fitness for the job if he were to get it.

Red:
Does anyone else see the irony in the brothers' last name being "Leader?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
I really hope we aren't heading into an era where Latinos become the new primary targets of racism. We need to be finding an end to that crap period, not finding new objects of oppression.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 08:16 AM   #117
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I really hope we aren't heading into an era where Latinos become the new primary targets of racism.
Primary targets or not, they're targets nonetheless.

Quote:
We need to be finding an end to that crap period, not finding new objects of oppression.
Trump definitely isn't helping the situation with what people are calling "refreshing frankness."
      08-21-2015, 08:22 AM   #118
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Primary targets or not, they're targets nonetheless. Trump definitely isn't helping the situation with what people are calling "refreshing frankness."
I agree, sadly. Refreshing as it may be, the tone and implications of his candor are disconcerting and verge on deplorable, if not depravity.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 08:49 AM   #119
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Stay classy Mr. Trump.

I will say that the people following me are passionate, he added. "They love this country and want this country to be great again. They are passionate. This was Trump's reply when asked about the 2 brothers that beat & urinated on a homeless latino man.

Article here

There are crazies on all ends of the spectrum. 2 guys quoting trump after beating a hispanic is not trumps fault.

Thats like blaming Marilyn Manson for the columbine shootings...

And I would be willing to put money that the Trump statement was edited to make it appear he condoned this.

If you cant see this, or believe everything you read/hear in the news, I hope you dont vote.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 08:50 AM   #120
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
I really hope we aren't heading into an era where Latinos become the new primary targets of racism. We need to be finding an end to that crap period, not finding new objects of oppression.
They've been that way for a while.

It's a social structure thing. In Arlington most crime is committed by Latino's in the poorer areas of the county, in DC it's typically by lower income blacks. After a while, locals become conditioned to associate them with potential trouble hence the racism, even if at the casual level.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 02:30 PM   #121
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
There are crazies on all ends of the spectrum. 2 guys quoting trump after beating a hispanic is not trumps fault.

Thats like blaming Marilyn Manson for the columbine shootings...

And I would be willing to put money that the Trump statement was edited to make it appear he condoned this.

If you cant see this, or believe everything you read/hear in the news, I hope you dont vote.
Edited or not, his statement didn't suggest he condones the deed.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #122
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

While I don't think he would make a great president... I think he could make the other candidates step up their game to points they never thought they'd need to. It's much like Tesla is doing to the auto industry. They have a relatively small following, yet the big boys see them as enough of a threat to change their engineering.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 01:18 PM   #123
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Edited or not, his statement didn't suggest he condones the deed.

All the best.
Watching the unedited Trump statement he seems to suggest his followers dislike illegals so much they're compelled to act... assuming Trump thinks it's a shame they pissed on the guy but not that the 2 brothers are dispicable low-life's. After 24 hours Trump may have been prodded to rephrase his assessment of the incident. All in all Trump handled a physical attack with milktoast resolve. Reminds me of Jean-Mari Le Pen.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #124
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Watching the unedited Trump statement he seems to suggest his followers dislike illegals so much they're compelled to act... assuming Trump thinks it's a shame they pissed on the guy but not that the 2 brothers are dispicable low-life's. After 24 hours Trump may have been prodded to rephrase his assessment of the incident. All in all Trump handled a physical attack with milktoast resolve. Reminds me of Jean-Mari Le Pen.

Yes. Not exactly the unambiguous response I'd expect of someone who is a leader, much less one who wants to lead U.S. Sad.

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 05:01 AM   #125
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

All the best.
This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted. Congrats. It really is scary that you work in academia. When was the last time you left your Marxist bubble and ventured into the real world?

Who are the current primary targets of racism? Who are these said racists? I'd like some real facts and numbers and not another long and unlettered post.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 05:03 AM   #126
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Primary targets or not, they're targets nonetheless.

Trump definitely isn't helping the situation with what people are calling "refreshing frankness."
Were you this sad when whites were the victims of the knockout game over and over?

Or how about when Mexican gangs ethnically cleansed blacks out of California neighborhoods?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 05:12 AM   #127
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yea just stick your fingers in your ears and yell racist!! Over and over in order to avoid debate. You've mastered it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 07:13 AM   #128
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

All the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Schaeffer BMW View Post
This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted. Congrats. It really is scary that you work in academia. When was the last time you left your Marxist bubble and ventured into the real world?

Who are the current primary targets of racism? Who are these said racists? I'd like some real facts and numbers and not another long and unlettered post.
Orange:
I'll take your word for that; I have no way to know what you've seen posted. I think if it is indeed the dumbest thing you've ever seen posted, you don't read enough, or very well when you do.
  • What makes my hoping that Latinos don't become primary targets of racism a dumb thing for which to hope?
  • What is dumb about asserting that we need to find a way to end racism rather than find new people against whom to hold racist views?
Red:
Herein we find evidence that you in fact neither read enough, read well, nor bother to confirm your beliefs before sharing them with the world, and one short sentence no less. What's really dumb is that you think and have publicly written that I work in academia when on multiple occasions on B-post and in the OT sub-forum as well as the main sub-forum, I've plainly stated what I do for a living and academia isn't it, nor has academia ever been a career I pursued.

Blue:
Frankly the answer to your question depends on the country in question, as well as the type of discrimination and oppression, but if you are a U.S. citizen, I'm surprised you don't actually know the answer. Historically, the primary targets of racism in U.S. were non-white people, and mostly blacks. I've seen anecdotal evidence that may be changing and Hispanic folks are the new and most frequent victims of racism in America. Perhaps it's your bubble that needs expanding or bursting inasmuch as that's not apparent to you.

Since you don't want an essay from me, I'll point you to some content that you can read and from which you can read the facts and develop the answer for yourself.
  • Potuckey and Farmer. Social Work Research with Minority and Oppressed Populations: Methodological Issues and Innovations. Routledge. February 2014.
  • Farm, Alan. "More people say Hispanics face prejudice, poll says." Dallas Morning News. 26 November 2010.
  • Bobo, Lawrence D. and Fox, Cybell. "Race, Racism, and Discrimination: Bridging Problems, Methods, and Theory in Social Psychological Research." Social Psychology Quarterly. Vol. 66. No. 4.
  • Pager, Devah and Shepherd, Hanah. "The Sociology of Discrimination: Racial Discrimination in Employment, Housing, Credit, and Consumer Markets." Annu Rev Sociol (2008) 34:181209.10.1146/annurev.soc.33.040406.131740
  • Bowles, Samuel, Loury, Glen C., and Sethi, Rajiv. "Is equal opportunity enough? A theory of persistent group inequality." Working paper presented at Santa Fe Institute. 20 April 2007.
  • Berry, Mary Frances. Black Resistance/White Law: A History of Constitutional Racism in America. Penguin. 1995.
  • Jordan, Winthrop D. The White Man's Burden: Historical Origins of Racism in the United States. Oxford University Press. 1974.
  • Corlett, J. Angelo. Race, Racism, and Reparations. Cornell University Press. 2003.
  • Bertrand, M., and Mullainathan, S. (2004). "Are Emily and Greg more employable than Lakisha and Jamal?" American Economic Review, 94, 9911013.
  • Knowles, J., Persico, N., and Todd, P. (2001). "Racial bias in motor vehicle searches: Theory and evidence." Journal of Political Economy, 109, 203229.
  • Munnell, A.H., Tootell, G.M.B., Browne, L.E., and McEneaney, J. (1996). "Mortgage lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA data." American Economic Review, 86, 2553.
  • Norton, Michael I. and Sommers, Samuel R. "Whites See Racism as a Zero-Sum Game That They Are Now Losing" Perspectives on Psychological Science. 2011 6: 215. DOI: 10.1177/1745691611406922.
Those are just a few, but it's enough to get you started on the path of discerning whether my assertion above is correct.

Purple:
If you genuinely want information from me, or want to have an adult discussion with me, refrain from all but accusing me of being a Marxist. If you are going to do so, then live by the paradigm of expectations you have for me and present a cogent argument supporting your assertion that I exist in a "Marxist bubble." Ditto re: my not having ventured into "the real world."

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 08:39 AM   #129
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Schaeffer BMW View Post
Yea just stick your fingers in your ears and yell racist!! Over and over in order to avoid debate. You've mastered it.
LOL, did you copy those remarks from the Denial Playbook?
      08-24-2015, 09:00 AM   #130
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL, did you copy those remarks from the Denial Playbook?
Does that playbook include this: http://depts.washington.edu/silab/St...ite%20bias.pdf ?

All the best.

Appreciate 3
      08-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #131
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Does that playbook include this: http://depts.washington.edu/silab/St...ite%20bias.pdf ?

All the best.
The people who wrote that playbook are a black woman, a white man, and a jewish woman. Each person's affiliated group has endemic bias, so it's impossible for them to write an objective paper on any social topic, without a biased conclusion.
      08-25-2015, 08:12 PM   #132
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

I'm telling you people he's the Trojan Horse of the Democratic Party.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0