BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion What would you do as president to fix this mess

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-25-2015, 12:05 AM   #67
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
9965
Rep
22,636
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Population reduction would be helpful also. Who volunteers?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #68
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Villain View Post
I don't think anyone is running for president on this forum. And to answer the question, no one man or woman can change anything in this country without control in both houses. So what's the point of "what if'ing"? But here's a tip I live by; don't discuss 4 things with random people, politics, religion, money and dick size. Because someone is always going to end up feeling small and rather upset.
Correct. I do think from 2017-2019 at least there will be a Republican majority in house, senate, and president. I also think only a simple majority will be needed as Harry Reid exercised the nuclear option and completed the fracture of the Senate. Finally, there have been many potential dissenters in the Democrats ranks that haven't due to presidential and paety pressure that will probably vote consciously instead of party lines. Look for that in 2017.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #69
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
1474
Rep
1,624
Posts

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint Louis

iTrader: (0)

Despite your mostly hyperbolic, unreasonable posts elsewhere in this sub-forum, Fundguy1, I don't actually disagree with THAT much in the OP. Mostly little changes, a few big disagreements (border wall, for instance) but a lot of it is fairly reasonable.
__________________
Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:04 AM   #70
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8234
Rep
13,623
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Well, Boehner just resigned. Last day October 30th.
Feeling too much heat I suppose.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:05 AM   #71
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
1474
Rep
1,624
Posts

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Well, Boehner just resigned. Last day October 30th.
Feeling too much heat.
That will be good for the public, and the Republican party.




__________________
Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #72
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8234
Rep
13,623
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Fumigation in just about every office of both parties wouldn't be a bad follow up either.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #73
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8234
Rep
13,623
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Pope Francis gives me the creeps but I think his presence got to Boehner yesterday and overnight. Who knows, he might have had the announcement scheduled for months but personally, I don't think he did.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:16 AM   #74
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
That will be good for the public, and the Republican party.




I'm surprised he resigned. He seemed to be the one working hardest to get the GOP to vote on a budget to prevent another gov't shutdown but they won't get off their defund Planned Parenthood nonsense so I guess he got pressure to resign.

Wonder who they'll get to replace him.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:18 AM   #75
GabeS
Crazy!
GabeS's Avatar
1124
Rep
1,365
Posts

Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

How about immediately bring something similar to Executive order 11110 back ????????????????

__________________
First "real" widebody M3 ever thread.http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post17461963
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #76
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8234
Rep
13,623
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I'm surprised he resigned. He seemed to be the one working hardest to get the GOP to vote on a budget to prevent another gov't shutdown but they won't get off their defund Planned Parenthood nonsense so I guess he got pressure to resign.

Wonder who they'll get to replace him.
Jeb Hensarling's name has appeared as a possibility.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #77
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
1474
Rep
1,624
Posts

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I'm surprised he resigned. He seemed to be the one working hardest to get the GOP to vote on a budget to prevent another gov't shutdown but they won't get off their defund Planned Parenthood nonsense so I guess he got pressure to resign.

Wonder who they'll get to replace him.
I think a lot of people are surprised he resigned. I know I am. He was seen as a turncoat by a lot of the fringers, unfortunately. It's a sad commentary on the political landscape that simply working across the aisle gets one labeled as a RINO/turncoat.

In any event, I'm sure his replacement will be a moderate
__________________
Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 10:58 AM   #78
WVUDrJay
Captain
WVUDrJay's Avatar
243
Rep
637
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: West Virginia

iTrader: (0)

1.Fair tax or flat tax is reasonable. No automatic withdrawal so people see how much it costs them and don't think as the return as a bonus, it's your money already.

2. Agree that if you are able bodied you need to do something to get welfare.

3. Somehow teach personal responsibility at the elementary level so that people don't expect the government to do so much for them.

4. Quit subsidizing things to prop them up. If an idea is good and people want it, it should not need help. I point to green energy as a start but tax breaks for big oil, fill in things here.

5. Quit subsidizing college loans so aggressively. All that "free" money allows colleges to charge what they want. People at my school spent 100,000 buck to get a social work degree. I think social workers are an invaluable resource but situations like this make me think of spending 20 bucks in a game machine to get a 1 dollar toy. Its a bad value and investment.

6. Balanced budget amendment. States have to do it. Fed should too.
__________________
2015 Alpine white M4\black leather, carbon fiber trim,manual,exec package, 19 inch black rims, M suspension, HK stereo, LED lighting
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 11:19 AM   #79
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUDrJay View Post
5. Quit subsidizing college loans so aggressively. All that "free" money allows colleges to charge what they want. People at my school spent 100,000 buck to get a social work degree. I think social workers are an invaluable resource but situations like this make me think of spending 20 bucks in a game machine to get a 1 dollar toy. Its a bad value and investment.
To be fair, if you're spending $100k to be a social worker, you're probably an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 11:46 AM   #80
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
That will be good for the public, and the Republican party.




Yes it will. Get someone with a pair of balls to stand up to Obama and put legislation on his desk to force vetos, shut down government if needed and not cave, as well as lead when new republican president takes over.

No more Rinos. American people were quite clear on that past 2 elections voting in the most conservative candidate repeatedly and out the middle establishment ones. The dems all vote super liberal and party lines. Republicans need to stand up to them if they aren't willing to work across party lines and not follow the left fringe Obama, reid, Pelosi idiots.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-25-2015 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 11:49 AM   #81
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUDrJay View Post
1.Fair tax or flat tax is reasonable. No automatic withdrawal so people see how much it costs them and don't think as the return as a bonus, it's your money already.

2. Agree that if you are able bodied you need to do something to get welfare.

3. Somehow teach personal responsibility at the elementary level so that people don't expect the government to do so much for them.

4. Quit subsidizing things to prop them up. If an idea is good and people want it, it should not need help. I point to green energy as a start but tax breaks for big oil, fill in things here.

5. Quit subsidizing college loans so aggressively. All that "free" money allows colleges to charge what they want. People at my school spent 100,000 buck to get a social work degree. I think social workers are an invaluable resource but situations like this make me think of spending 20 bucks in a game machine to get a 1 dollar toy. Its a bad value and investment.

6. Balanced budget amendment. States have to do it. Fed should too.
Totally agree. Stop subsidizing oil, farms, etc and balanced budget amendment.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #82
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
1474
Rep
1,624
Posts

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Yes it will. Get someone with a pair of balls to stand up to Obama and put legislation on his desk to force vetos, shut down government if needed and not cave, as well as lead when new republican president takes over.
Shutting down the government and causing turmoil over medicare payments to PPH is not good governing. On top of that, it will not work out in favor of the republicans at all....just like the last government shutdown tantrum.
__________________
Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 11:52 AM   #83
WVUDrJay
Captain
WVUDrJay's Avatar
243
Rep
637
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: West Virginia

iTrader: (0)

I think just common sense would go a long way. But what I think of as common sense seems hyper radical to some.
__________________
2015 Alpine white M4\black leather, carbon fiber trim,manual,exec package, 19 inch black rims, M suspension, HK stereo, LED lighting
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 11:55 AM   #84
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Shutting down the government and causing turmoil over medicare payments to PPH is not good governing. On top of that, it will not work out in favor of the republicans at all....just like the last government shutdown tantrum.
The one in 94 they did that forced Clinton to balance the budget worked. Well. In fact they all got elected after. It's what conservatives expect now with Obama repeatedly overstepping with his executive orders. Without doing that it makes congress irrelevant.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 11:58 AM   #85
bbbbmw
Major General
2381
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Well if you dissolve the EPA, I want to go to their liquidation sale...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...end-furniture/
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #86
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Well if you dissolve the EPA, I want to go to their liquidation sale...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...end-furniture/
Love it. Obama gave you phones. I give you slightly used office furniture and no income taxes.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 12:00 PM   #87
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
1474
Rep
1,624
Posts

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
The one in 94 they did that forced Clinton to balance the budget worked. Well. In fact they all got elected after. It's what conservatives expect now with Obama repeatedly overstepping with his executive orders. Without doing that it makes congress irrelevant.
The R's are not wanting to shut down the government in order to balance the budget. They're wanting to for an issue much, much smaller than that. It's cutting off ones nose to spite the face.

Edit: Just heard on the radio that the R's are dropping plans for a government shutdown over PPH, so my comment is moot. Good.
__________________
Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #88
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3161
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
The R's are not wanting to shut down the government in order to balance the budget. They're wanting to for an issue much, much smaller than that. It's cutting off ones nose to spite the face.

Edit: Just heard on the radio that the R's are dropping plans for a government shutdown over PPH, so my comment is moot. Good.
Glad they got some common sense then.

Although I was looking forward to a day or two of little to no traffic...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST