BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Can someone explain to me why we should take even one syrian refugee

Closed Thread

12-10-2015, 01:40 PM   #287
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 328i

Muslims are coming out to speak out against violence and denounce the killings in San Bernardino. Also raising over $175k in fund to help people.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/12/1...lies/21280512/
      12-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #288
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

And? The Taliban put on their website they wanted nothing but peace with the west. In 2000. I saw this after they blew up some giant ancient statues. Part of their and mankind's heritage. Similar to book burning. Whip out any cultural thing that doesn't agree with you. So I looked on their website to see who these jokers were. This is too little to late. They should have been saying this loudly since 9/11/2001. If they keep saying it and denouncing loudly and publicly isis and it's louder and stronger in 6 months then I'll give them credit.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 12-10-2015 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #289
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Liberal Logic:
Criminal kills someone with a gun.
Response: Ban all guns or pass some incredibly draconian gun control measures.

Muslims go all "jihad" and shoot up the place..
Response: Bring in more Muslims. We have NO WAY to run an extensive background check on the refugees but don't worry we're on the "honor system" here.

Do you have any idea what happened with Jews in 1939?
America and other nations rejected Jews They could have saved thousands of innocent people.
Everybody keep saying ISIS This and that but yet ISIS kill 99% of muslims.
Am not trying to pick fights with nobody just saying my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 10:56 PM   #290
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Liberal Logic:
Criminal kills someone with a gun.
Response: Ban all guns or pass some incredibly draconian gun control measures.

Muslims go all "jihad" and shoot up the place..
Response: Bring in more Muslims. We have NO WAY to run an extensive background check on the refugees but don't worry we're on the "honor system" here.

America and other nations rejected Jews They could have saved thousands of innocent people.
In 1939 no one knew that Hitler was killing the Jews - people just thought they were being displaced or deported. The US was still recovering from the Depression, and employment was still not great, so Americans weren't overly anxious to increase immigration quotas. America had also fought hard in WW1 just 20 years earlier, and people weren't very interested in helping Europe solve their problems again.
      12-11-2015, 10:08 AM   #291
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
main difference is terrorists weren't trying to smuggle into those countries pretending to be jews.

i would be all for taking in these syrian refugees if there really was a proper way to vet them, but there isnt. also, i find it very odd that in almost every picture or video i see of refugees it is 95% men between the age of 18-40. you dont see many women and children.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 01:39 PM   #292
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Fundguy1 is right. I just read all 14 pages of this over the course of a few days and my opinion has not changed.

First of all, how can a country take care of a surge of refugees when we can't even take care of the widening lower class and people on welfare? We are a rich country but we didn't get this way by baby sitting every charity case that is knocking on our door.

Second of all, how pathetic are these refugees if they just up and leave their country when war breaks out. Fight back, do something to protect the country you so love. If war were to break out in the US, Americans wouldn't just roll over and ask another country to board us up and feed us, NO we would fight back. I especially don't want a bunch of lazy, unpatriotic refugees with only excuses coming over.

Third, when did a good human being start to mean that we have to take care of everyone that needs help? I never understood that just because I make decent money and can afford a comfortable lifestyle that I am supposed to help everyone else... why is selfishness such a shunned attribute these days? I am not saying that I am not nice to people are care about others, but my family and myself come first and will always come first. I already give more money to the needy by having a hefty tax bill (heck, I probably give more money to needy people unwillingly than most do willingly) - but that just isn't good enough because I have a nice car and I go on vacations. How much community service is done by refugees? How much money do they give? Oh, they're poor, so they don't count, right? Well, I grew up in a trailer park but I paid for my own college and got a good job without knocking on other people's door for a hand me out - yet the liberals don't give a shit and just lump all wealthy white people into one big bucket

Last, is our government really that stupid to allow an influx of potentially dangerous people jump into our country? Of course, anyone that comes over COULD be dangerous but it is a calculated risk our country takes (unlike N. Korea). My point is, the government needs to be smarter about who we allow in and not worry about political correctness all day long. Religious profiling? It's a tactic based on information collected to decrease a threat from happening. The government needs to wake up and proactively secure the risks with every means possible instead of waiting for a large scale attack to happen n American soil.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #293
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
Fundguy1 is right. I just read all 14 pages of this over the course of a few days and my opinion has not changed.

First of all, how can a country take care of a surge of refugees when we can't even take care of the widening lower class and people on welfare? We are a rich country but we didn't get this way by baby sitting every charity case that is knocking on our door.
10,000 refugees throughout 2016 (I doubt we'll even allow that many in) isn't really a "surge". And no one really cares to help the widening lower class and people on welfare. People are too fixated on bitching about increasing the minimum wage to $15/hr, like that would magically fix everything.

Quote:
Second of all, how pathetic are these refugees if they just up and leave their country when war breaks out. Fight back, do something to protect the country you so love. If war were to break out in the US, Americans wouldn't just roll over and ask another country to board us up and feed us, NO we would fight back. I especially don't want a bunch of lazy, unpatriotic refugees with only excuses coming over.
We have things like guns. Syria doesn't really have that luxury, it's pretty much a massacre.

Quote:
Third, when did a good human being start to mean that we have to take care of everyone that needs help? I never understood that just because I make decent money and can afford a comfortable lifestyle that I am supposed to help everyone else... why is selfishness such a shunned attribute these days? I am not saying that I am not nice to people are care about others, but my family and myself come first and will always come first. I already give more money to the needy by having a hefty tax bill (heck, I probably give more money to needy people unwillingly than most do willingly) - but that just isn't good enough because I have a nice car and I go on vacations. How much community service is done by refugees? How much money do they give? Oh, they're poor, so they don't count, right? Well, I grew up in a trailer park but I paid for my own college and got a good job without knocking on other people's door for a hand me out - yet the liberals don't give a shit and just lump all wealthy white people into one big bucket
Most of your tax dollars don't go towards helping the poor. But I see you live in Chicago lol where they tax you to watch fucking Netflix, not that that has anything to do with anything other than the fact that I find that tax amusing.

Quote:
Last, is our government really that stupid to allow an influx of potentially dangerous people jump into our country? Of course, anyone that comes over COULD be dangerous but it is a calculated risk our country takes (unlike N. Korea). My point is, the government needs to be smarter about who we allow in and not worry about political correctness all day long. Religious profiling? It's a tactic based on information collected to decrease a threat from happening. The government needs to wake up and proactively secure the risks with every means possible instead of waiting for a large scale attack to happen n American soil.
You're acting like they're just going to let 100,000 refugees just waltz into the country. The US will allow, max, just 10,000 refugees throughout 2016 with no further obligations beyond that. The vetting process takes 18-24 months to complete and that's if the UN even deems an individual cleared to apply to go to America. Of those who apply with the UN, only 1% are even given the go ahead.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't bother trying to sneak into the US this way. It's funny, most of the people who complain that the whole refugee thing isn't rigorous enough, don't even know how the process even works. It's essentially exponentially worse than relying on the DMV to get something done in a timely fashion...or at all.

Last edited by fecurtis; 12-11-2015 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #294
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkM3 View Post
main difference is terrorists weren't trying to smuggle into those countries pretending to be jews.

i would be all for taking in these syrian refugees if there really was a proper way to vet them, but there isnt. also, i find it very odd that in almost every picture or video i see of refugees it is 95% men between the age of 18-40. you dont see many women and children.
Yes we did have a lots of people pretending to be Jews and they turned out to be Nazis.
Yes you do see lots of men and women and children
Some are probably terrorists. we can't say no to families everybody needs father and mother wouldn't you agree.
1.I say if you don't have family traveling with you, you don't get to come in.
as simple as that.
2. now you start screening everybody mother father grandparents etc...

from now on I will try to distance my self from political and religious topics.
People just get to carried away inner nazi and hate starts to come out I don't need that in my life.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:21 PM   #295
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Yes we did have a lots of people pretending to be Jews and they turned out to be Nazis.
Some are probably terrorists. we can't say no to families everybody needs father and mother wouldn't you agree.
as simple as that.

People just get to carried away inner nazi and hate starts to come out I don't need that in my life.
Start an inner personal cleanse... "I will never use the word Nazi in a casual and or unnecessary manner".
Your bringing that angst on yourself using "NAZI" "NAZI" so often.
      12-11-2015, 02:32 PM   #296
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
10,000 refugees throughout 2016 (I doubt we'll even allow that many in) isn't really a "surge". And no one really cares to help the widening lower class and people on welfare. People are too fixated on bitching about increasing the minimum wage to $15/hr, like that would magically fix everything.

The refugee ceiling has been set at 70k since 2013 and the ceiling has been maxed out every year, allowing 10,000 represents 14% of the ceiling which seems to be a sizable number. Not to mention, these refugees are coming from a religious background where it's acceptable to kill other humans as part of jihad.

$15/hr will still keep people under the poverty line and that's IF the business they work for is able to stay afloat due to the increased cost of running their company.

We have things like guns. Syria doesn't really have that luxury, it's pretty much a massacre.

Sounds like another lazy excuse to me. I don't have a gun where I live (Chicago) because its so damn hard to legally have one here. However, if people started a massacre in my home or neighborhood I wouldn't just hide in a bush and wait until I could frolic away. I would make use with what I have and fight back. If I die, then at least I die with dignity.

Most of your tax dollars don't go towards helping the poor. But I see you live in Chicago lol where they tax you to watch fucking Netflix, not that that has anything to do with anything other than the fact that I find that tax amusing.

I've calculated that about 12% of my tax dollars goes to welfare including food stamps, child care, medical care, etc. Is that not substantial enough for you or would you rather give all of it?

You're acting like they're just going to let 100,000 refugees just waltz into the country. The US will allow, max, just 10,000 refugees throughout 2016 with no further obligations beyond that. The vetting process takes 18-24 months to complete and that's if the UN even deems an individual cleared to apply to go to America. Of those who apply with the UN, only 1% are even given the go ahead.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't bother trying to sneak into the US this way. It's funny, most of the people who complain that the whole refugee thing isn't rigorous enough, don't even know how the process even works. It's essentially exponentially worse than relying on the DMV to get something done in a timely fashion...or at all.
You are so sure exactly what the government is going to allow and not allow. Time will tell if you're right but I'm not as naive.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #297
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are so sure exactly what the government is going to allow and not allow. Time will tell if you're right but I'm not as naive.
Speaking of naïve, have the people of Chicago hung Rahm from the Sears Tower yet?
      12-11-2015, 02:39 PM   #298
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Speaking of naïve, have the people of Chicago hung Rahm from the Sears Tower yet?
Ha, they should. Chicago politics is unreal. So glad I'm moving to Texas next year.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #299
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Obama wants to expand past 10,000 in 2016 and won't allow Christian Syrians to come. His economic policies push welfare and depress jobs. $15/hour does that also.

Having an AK or the equivalent in Muslim countries is pretty much a badge of manhood like a beard. Basically everyone has one. Everyone. And not the wussy semiautomatic ones we have.

Democrats make taxes. Makes bigger government. More democratic kingdom power. You get 40 cents of output for every dollar collected in taxes.

The first 10,000 are 2016 with another 20,000 obligated to for following years. Obama is trying to increase this. The vetting process is fill out a questionnaire asking if your a terrorist, ask the Greek government if they think your ok, and welcome them here. Watch them for a well known 6 months, report in a few times. Done. Not much of a process. A 4 yr old can beat that system.

The shock caused by coming this way and then causing an incident, and having the Government pay for everything is much easier than trying to hide and cross Mexico then hide in the US.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:48 PM   #300
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure you would protect your family, if you were in Syria, you'd likely all be dead. This isn't some random thug from South Chicago breaking into your home, this is a war with many various factions killing each other, bombing campaigns, etc.

Is 12% of your taxes going towards social welfare programs too much? That's up to you to decide. What would you rather it be? Did your parents rely on it growing up (you mentioned you grew up in a trailer park)?

And time won't tell if I'm right, I am right when it comes to the process of how a refugee is granted asylum and how many the US can legally accept.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #301
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
as simple as that.

Name one?
There were only about a few dozen actual nazis that made it to the us. Most came by submarine. Show me one example of them posing as Jewish refugees. Show me one more where they attacked innocent people and not infrastructure.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #302
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Obama wants to expand past 10,000 in 2016 and won't allow Christian Syrians to come.
Stopped reading there, sorry. I already debunked that lie. Maybe the rest of your post didn't have lies in it but I'll probably never know.

Besides, who knew the President personally picks which refugee is approved and which is rejected. Learn something new everyday I guess.

EDIT: I did read the rest of your post, it's about as factually accurate as your first sentence.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #303
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ha, they should. Chicago politics is unreal. So glad I'm moving to Texas next year.
Another?
Singles, families and corps are coming here in droves. Literally.
Home prices are going nuts around me. Around the new Toyota joint the incoming can't find homes. A little 200k property is non-existent now. All bought...update...flip for 350. Last years 1.5m is going full asking today for 1.8 - 2m. Realtors and general contractors are shooting fish in a barrel.

You're going to love it compared to chi town. Different, but you'll adapt. I love(d) Chicago but I'll pass on anything longer than a weekend these days.

The people that moan and groan about Texans / Texas...good, stay away lol.
      12-11-2015, 02:57 PM   #304
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Stopped reading there, sorry. I already debunked that lie. Maybe the rest of your post didn't have lies in it but I'll probably never know.

Besides, who knew the President personally picks which refugee is approved and which is rejected. Learn something new everyday I guess.

EDIT: I did read the rest of your post, it's about as factually accurate as your first sentence.
NY Times "at least 10,000 in 2016"
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/11....html?referer=

No Christians allowed. It's actual policy.
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-bl...stian-refugees

Tax dollars wasted
https://reason.com/poll/2012/04/18/a...ernment-wastes

Should I keep going?

Last edited by Fundguy1; 12-11-2015 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2015, 02:59 PM   #305
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure you would protect your family, if you were in Syria, you'd likely all be dead. This isn't some random thug from South Chicago breaking into your home, this is a war with many various factions killing each other, bombing campaigns, etc.

Is 12% of your taxes going towards social welfare programs too much? That's up to you to decide. What would you rather it be? Did your parents rely on it growing up (you mentioned you grew up in a trailer park)?

And time won't tell if I'm right, I am right when it comes to the process of how a refugee is granted asylum and how many the US can legally accept.
No one in my immediate or extended family has ever received food stamps, medical care from the government, or child care but nice try though. They were definitely eligible to receive help from the government but they are not lazy like most in the same position and refused out of dignity. They eventually worked themselves out of it after my dad came back from Vietnam and my mom was caring for injured war vets.

I always think its funny how asshole liberals like yourself love to point fingers at your fellow countrymen but are so sympathetic to complete strangers from other countries.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:59 PM   #306
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
You know I was talking about the quip about how "Obama won't allow Syrian Christians" in.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #307
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Another?
Singles, families and corps are coming here in droves. Literally.
Home prices are going nuts around me. Around the new Toyota joint the incoming can't find homes. A little 200k property is non-existent now. All bought...update...flip for 350. Last years 1.5m is going full asking today for 1.8 - 2m. Realtors and general contractors are shooting fish in a barrel.

You're going to love it compared to chi town. Different, but you'll adapt. I love(d) Chicago but I'll pass on anything longer than a weekend these days.

The people that moan and groan about Texans / Texas...good, stay away lol.
Yes, I know some of the goings ons around there. I was in plano on headquarters drive for 5 months this year and down in fort worth for another 4 months last year. Love everything there is to love and already met a few M guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #308
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No one in my immediate or extended family has ever received food stamps, medical care from the government, or child care but nice try though. They were definitely eligible to receive help from the government but they are not lazy like most in the same position and refused out of dignity. They eventually worked themselves out of it after my dad came back from Vietnam and my mom was caring for injured war vets.

I always think its funny how asshole liberals like yourself love to point fingers at your fellow countrymen but are so sympathetic to complete strangers from other countries.
I never personally insulted you so I'd appreciate the same courtesy nor did I point fingers, I asked a simple question, sorry if you took it as me personally attacking your family, I didn't mean any offense by it. I grew up in a lower income household too, my parents were hard workers too and now live a healthy lifestyle.

I will say though, I never understood why you'd refuse help out of dignity. Your parents worked and paid taxes so I never understood the stigma behind using programs that you paid into. It's like not wanting to file an insurance claim even though that's why you pay a premium every month.

I personally don't mind temporarily helping American citizens who have fallen on hard times by no fault of their own which is why those programs are in place. Are they abused? Of course they are, but situations like this aren't mutually exclusive. It's not like I don't give a shit about Americans if I don't necessarily agree that we should completely not allow any refugees into the country. I also don't believe that everyone on government assistance is just a lazy ass but realize that some of them are. Others can't find work due to medical issues and the like.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread