BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Hillary or Bernie?

03-11-2016, 10:40 AM   #309
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by longress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
So you think the rich can pay for 1/6 of the economy, and that they have that money and more, and that would be fair, and paying for 90% of the taxes collected already isn't fair?
You're right these poor rich people need a break. After all they work 300 times harder than everyone else. And all those smart rich people pay taxes and don't exploit the tax loop holes. I stand corrected thanks for enlightening me
Why are you so jealous of wealthy people? Money isn't everything.
      03-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #310
longress
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

You think it's jealousy? And to be clear I'm not talking about anyone on this forum. There are probably some that think they are rich here but when the billionaires are turning their nose up to the millionaires these days rich has a whole other meaning.

Wall Street and high level execs within corporations make all the rules and then people such as yourself come along and apologize or defend the behavior. It's actually the apologist that frustrate me the most because they think their in that class but their just another puppet to those that have the power.

We're talking power to manipulate the press and therefore public opinion and conscious. These same people are not held accountable for their crimes, they write the laws. Anyone that has been subjected to the bs and has been employed by one of these corporations surely knows this. It's been asked many times but has yet to be answered. Does some suited up snob that's works behind a computer really work 300 times harder then the hard working people that have actually used their hands and trade to build this country? They certainly hold the wage that suggest this. Do we have any students of history in this thread? This country has shit on those that built this country and has rewarded those that shift money around, manipulate markets and physically produce diddly squat.
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2016, 01:37 PM   #311
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by longress View Post
You think it's jealousy? And to be clear I'm not talking about anyone on this forum. There are probably some that think they are rich here but when the billionaires are turning their nose up to the millionaires these days rich has a whole other meaning.

Wall Street and high level execs within corporations make all the rules and then people such as yourself come along and apologize or defend the behavior. It's actually the apologist that frustrate me the most because they think their in that class but their just another puppet to those that have the power.

We're talking power to manipulate the press and therefore public opinion and conscious. These same people are not held accountable for their crimes, they write the laws. Anyone that has been subjected to the bs and has been employed by one of these corporations surely knows this. It's been asked many times but has yet to be answered. Does some suited up snob that's works behind a computer really work 300 times harder then the hard working people that have actually used their hands and trade to build this country? They certainly hold the wage that suggest this. Do we have any students of history in this thread? This country has shit on those that built this country and has rewarded those that shift money around, manipulate markets and physically produce diddly squat.
Haven't really enjoyed a couple of your posts but...

03-11-2016, 02:49 PM   #312
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

The ignorance and misdirected anger implanted upon you by the left is astounding. I don't even know where to start.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #313
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

1. Wall street is essential to America and the world. It facilitates the movement of money to create and expand business, so you can buy stuff or have a company to work for.
2. It employs millions. From the junior bank teller to the senior ceo. 99.99% are not multimillionaires.
3 . The ceo of these and most other companies get there typically because of a few basic reasons. They're workaholics working 80+ hours a week intelligent, risk takers, sharp, driven.
4. Many founded the company and built it from nothing. Ex Michael Dell. Soros. Koch bros.
5. The examples in 4 are ceos, not wall street.
6. There is no such thing as rigging in wall street. It's highly illegal. It's also the most highly regulated industry even more so than medical.
7. The guys who make a ton of money on wall street are the hedge fund managers. There are less of these than lead vocal rock stars. They make money by sharing in profit with high money investors. They also share in losses. They profit because they are skilled in their security selection. Not rigging. They are the ones trump says tax.
8 wall street can easily make a construction worker or a house painter a millionaire. They're just to ignorant to do it. Invest $500 a month in the stock market from early 20s till retirement and you'll retire will millions. Not difficult.
9. The real crooks are the politicians who vilify wall street for political gain. Many of them have far more money than wall street ceos. (Clinton) they all invest in the market as you and I do and should. They all profit from it. But the Democrat ones regulate it to the point that money to fund new businesses, expand, buy new equipment to make things cheaper, etc doesn't flow. The economy stagnates, jobs are lost, personal wealth of the everyman dwindles, incomes drop, etc. Then they point fingers at "wall street" when they really mean the Uber rich such as the tech company founders, and say that it's their fault. Total bs.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 03-11-2016 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 03:26 PM   #314
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

You want good jobs, a raise, higher income, more retirement savings? Get the government out of all the regulations crushing us all and let capital flow.

As to making stuff with your hads, there's honor and money to be had in that too. Wall street executives chose to work with their intellect, education. They go to school, sometimes for 8 years. Then work junky jobs working their way up.

Working in a blue color profession you typically work for an owner. These owners started the company. They did the job. They risked their home, savings, and bet it on a company. Now they employ workers. This is who is being crushed by the regulations on wall street. They can't borrow to expand. They're hindered by Obama care having to stay 50 employees or less. They're inspected, regulated, etc out of business. Meanwhile the large corporations with the assets to survive take them out one by one. The Republicans have always been the Champions of the small business. The Democrats of the large corporations. I see no difference in the end results from comrade Bernie or lyary to show this won't continue despite their rhetoric.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #315
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^ I hear you're point too but that post about wall street and the carpenter makes sense to more people than your position on the topic is all.
We need both but don't need the scam artist contractors or hedge fund managers. Most carpenters couldn't care less about becoming rich while the wall street guy probably does.
      03-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #316
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longress

The only public opinion I see being manipulated is by things like Treyvon Martin, Black Lives Matter, the Univ of MO football team, the Obama Administration refusing to identify terrorism, wide open borders, and other stupid, ridiculous coverups of poor choices and incitement of class warfare.

Seriously - what person in their right mind was living in America in 2008, had no "Hope", and thought things needed radical "change?" The best country in the history of the earth - and some self-focused Emo loser jumps on that bandwagon. Unbelievable.

"This Country doesn't reward those who work" - really? What should This Country do?

It's jealousy - sorry.
      03-11-2016, 08:12 PM   #317
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Illegal labor is very high in any service industry (hotels, restaurants, commercial maintenance and landscaping), as well as low-skilled manufacturing/processing (meat/fish/poultry), and construction - if any of that is close to you, there's likely a significant illegal presence.
I imagine there is.

Yet, how many white folks are being displaced in those job categories? My guess is very, very few. If any.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #318
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L
Quote:
Illegal labor is very high in any service industry (hotels, restaurants, commercial maintenance and landscaping), as well as low-skilled manufacturing/processing (meat/fish/poultry), and construction - if any of that is close to you, there's likely a significant illegal presence.
I imagine there is.

Yet, how many white folks are being displaced in those job categories? My guess is very, very few. If any.
White folks? No idea. But here's the issue:

Hotel company that charges $150/night needs people to clean rooms. Today they hire illegals for $6.00/hour, pay zero payroll tax, and no benefits. Illegals get sick, and go to taxpayer funded clinics, and don't pay others. They scrape your car, without insurance. Their kids go to school at taxpayers expense, and get fed at taxpayer expense. They live in substandard housing (because they are afraid to protest), which draws other crime because they are easy prey - which increases social costs. Meanwhile, people who can't get work collect food stamps, unemployment benefits, etc., which is the equivalent of $9.00/hr.

Illegals get removed from the US. Same hotel company must now compete for low-income labor, which is in fairly short supply. In order to find people to clean rooms, they must now pay people $10/hr, to incent people to come off welfare/unemployment. They will likely need to increase the price of a room somewhat to cover the expense - let's say they will now charge $155/night for the room.

People must pay more for the room. Other people come off unemployment and go back to work. The drain to the taxpayer goes down twice; no more unemployment cost, and no more social costs like schools, unpaid healthcare, etc. Environmental concerns are eased because there are less people. Traffic eases. Taxes drop. People who rent the rooms now rent more rooms, because the entire economy is doing better.

That's the fallacy of "doing jobs Americans won't do."
      03-11-2016, 10:26 PM   #319
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
The only public opinion I see being manipulated is by things like Treyvon Martin, Black Lives Matter, the Univ of MO football team, the Obama Administration refusing to identify terrorism, wide open borders, and other stupid, ridiculous coverups of poor choices and incitement of class warfare.

Seriously - what person in their right mind was living in America in 2008, had no "Hope", and thought things needed radical "change?" The best country in the history of the earth - and some self-focused Emo loser jumps on that bandwagon. Unbelievable.

"This Country doesn't reward those who work" - really? What should This Country do?

It's jealousy - sorry.
They got change. 59% unemployment among young black males. Worst economic recovery in the nation's history. First president to have lower average family incomes when leaving office than when he started. ISIS. On deck nuclear Iran. Shall I go on?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #320
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Hotel company that charges $150/night needs people to clean rooms. Today they hire illegals for $6.00/hour, pay zero payroll tax, and no benefits. Illegals get sick, and go to taxpayer funded clinics, and don't pay others. They scrape your car, without insurance. Their kids go to school at taxpayers expense, and get fed at taxpayer expense. They live in substandard housing (because they are afraid to protest), which draws other crime because they are easy prey - which increases social costs. Meanwhile, people who can't get work collect food stamps, unemployment benefits, etc., which is the equivalent of $9.00/hr.

Illegals get removed from the US. Same hotel company must now compete for low-income labor, which is in fairly short supply. In order to find people to clean rooms, they must now pay people $10/hr, to incent people to come off welfare/unemployment. They will likely need to increase the price of a room somewhat to cover the expense - let's say they will now charge $155/night for the room.

People must pay more for the room. Other people come off unemployment and go back to work. The drain to the taxpayer goes down twice; no more unemployment cost, and no more social costs like schools, unpaid healthcare, etc. Environmental concerns are eased because there are less people. Traffic eases. Taxes drop. People who rent the rooms now rent more rooms, because the entire economy is doing better.

+1. Exactly. Illegal immigrants drain the economy dry. Legal contribute. Simple as that. I'm mad at Bush for not going after the business owners employing them. I'm madder at Obama letting them in, telling the border guard they can't kick them out, and nor enforcing the laws on the books. It costs us untold billions as a result.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #321
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Fallacy or not, you overlooked a significant part of the equation.

When prices go up, consumers tend to buy less. Gasoline is a good example, I think. When fuel prices go up, folks travel less. And I think this is fairly true regarding other goods and services.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 01:15 PM   #322
longress
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So while agree with most of this, I'd like to counter a bit, as the Wall Street investment system is not as perfect as you make it to be and it is a bit rigged. My comments are from my personal experience. The large corporation I work for prior to 2011 was a diverse supplier of manufactured goods from automotive parts, mining equipment, to small electronic parts, high technology services, a large systems integrator, and of course IT. The company was about split 50/50 in the commercial and Government sectors. Activist Investors came in in 2010, bought 6% of the stock and decided splitting up the company into three smaller standalone corporations via a "tax-fee spin off" would be best for the "stock holders". That happened and the smaller corporation I found myself in just was purchased last year by an equal-size Government contractor. The CEO of our now defunct spin-off came in our company just prior to 2011, managed through the spin-off, set up the new company to be sold, then walked away with $50M in parachute money. The last thing on our CEO's mind were our customers. Customers actually pay the bills, not stock holders.

The man never did one thing to build the company's portfolio nor build the business up, and missed several opportunities to use the company's various assets to grow the business into new profit areas. But he walked away with 50 million. He came in, realized what he had and set it up to sell. And all of this is supported by the various complex tax advantages that are written into the tax code that allow the sale of companies to be profitable to the stock holders via the massive tax writeoffs available to them. If the tax code didn't encourage this type of activity, less companies would be broken apart and folded this way and CEOs would have to do the real job they are supposed to do, which is grow the company, which would be far more beneficial to the US economy, than what Wall Street calls capitalism these days. Wall Street pays our lawmakers to create such a tax code because it is beneficial to Wall Street.
What they want us to believe is that their hard work entitles them to this type of unethical behavior and in their mind it's not unethical at all in fact how could it be, it is legal right? And with that they want to deregulate more as this type of behavior is praised by the sheep in this thread.

These are good hard working people Losing their jobs over this greed but in the CEO minds it's about returns and bonuses. Anyone that says different is in absolute delusional denial. Apologist sheep
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #323
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What they want us to believe is that their hard work entitles them to this type of unethical behavior and in their mind it's not unethical at all in fact how could it be, it is legal right? And with that they want to deregulate more as this type of behavior is praised by the sheep in this thread.

These are good hard working people Losing their jobs over this greed but in the CEO minds it's about returns and bonuses. Anyone that says different is in absolute delusional denial. Apologist sheep
Bingo.

What puzzles me is how many folks continue to ignore this obvious fact. Instead, they try to blame this behavior on Obama, or they simply refuse to acknowledge it.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 06:40 PM   #324
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

No. The sham and lie is that they do unethical behavior. That's the lie. Not that they feel entitled to do this and that it's common place. That's as much bs as a superhero movie, which is the only place this happens.

Homestly, the regulations are meaningless to them. They make more now than ever. The regulations hurt us, you and me. The common man. Because they prevent a company from growing, and therefore creating jobs and wealth for everyone. The regulations hurt the company, so to maintain the company integrity, and income of employees, they downsize. Why does anyone think the boss would just cut his salary? No cut 200 workers from the payroll problem solved.

The regulations that allowed caused the mortgage crisis in 2008 were enacted by Bill Clinton. The companies, any companies job is to do the best you can to make the company profit within the law so they did that. They were lowered too much by Clinton. Then after the crisis, instead of going back to previous safe levels, as always they were made way to strict. The right point should be in the middle but the men running the government aren't economists. Right now it's a Chicago street rabble rouser. So they push to punish those who were only doing their job as they've been legally and ethically told to do.

As a result, the little guys suffer, and the rich profit. Good job Obama. Why not have everyone profit and nobody suffer. Is a good job such a bad thing now? How fucking sad that answer from the liberal side is.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #325
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No. The sham and lie is that they do unethical behavior. That's the lie. Not that they feel entitled to do this and that it's common place. That's as much bs as a superhero movie, which is the only place this happens.

Homestly, the regulations are meaningless to them. They make more now than ever. The regulations hurt us, you and me. The common man. Because they prevent a company from growing, and therefore creating jobs and wealth for everyone. The regulations hurt the company, so to maintain the company integrity, and income of employees, they downsize. Why does anyone think the boss would just cut his salary? No cut 200 workers from the payroll problem solved.

The regulations that allowed caused the mortgage crisis in 2008 were enacted by Bill Clinton. The companies, any companies job is to do the best you can to make the company profit within the law so they did that. They were lowered too much by Clinton. Then after the crisis, instead of going back to previous safe levels, as always they were made way to strict. The right point should be in the middle but the men running the government aren't economists. Right now it's a Chicago street rabble rouser. So they push to punish those who were only doing their job as they've been legally and ethically told to do.

As a result, the little guys suffer, and the rich profit. Good job Obama. Why not have everyone profit and nobody suffer. Is a good job such a bad thing now? How fucking sad that answer from the liberal side is.

In the final analysis, folks have lost their integrity and work ethic. If folks actually had an honest work ethic today, we would need no laws.

I fail to see why you continue to blame Obama for every problem. Corporations and big business have been screwing workers for many, many decades.

Your assignment: Read Grapes of Wrath.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 11:06 PM   #326
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L
Quote:

Fallacy or not, you overlooked a significant part of the equation.

When prices go up, consumers tend to buy less. Gasoline is a good example, I think. When fuel prices go up, folks travel less. And I think this is fairly true regarding other goods and services.
Some people may purchase less, and some corporations may have to lower their profit margins. But at the end of the day, illegals are costing way more than their low wage. The social cost and taxes would drop substantially, and people would have more to spend. The lower income classes would see a real boon, and likely increase their spending significantly, once they get a reasonably decent-paying job, and can get off welfare.
      03-12-2016, 11:39 PM   #327
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Quote:
They got change. 59% unemployment among young black males. Worst economic recovery in the nation's history. First president to have lower average family incomes when leaving office than when he started. ISIS. On deck nuclear Iran. Shall I go on?
It seems to me that you don't remember where we came from to where we are now. Obama will be looked at very favorably by future historians.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 11:46 PM   #328
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
I fail to see why you continue to blame Obama for every problem. Corporations and big business have been screwing workers for many, many decades.
This is where he loses credibility. He blames Obama for everything. The illegal problem has been going on for decades. Welfare has been given out for decades and Obama did not wave his magic wand and create an illegal immigration problem and start handing out more welfare than other presidents have.

We also talk about the deficit and how high it is now (mostly due to military spending by the way) and yet those who go on and on about how bad the deficit is and blame Obama are the same people who hate Bill Clinton even though he had a surplus when he left office. I don't get it. If the deficit is such a big deal to them, then why was Clinton so bad again?

We get it, we get it, all democrats are bad. This is why politics are fucking stupid because of the huge amount of bias involved and only seeing things one way no matter what facts are presented to you. And it happens on both sides.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 12:32 AM   #329
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Some people may purchase less, and some corporations may have to lower their profit margins. But at the end of the day, illegals are costing way more than their low wage. The social cost and taxes would drop substantially, and people would have more to spend. The lower income classes would see a real boon, and likely increase their spending significantly, once they get a reasonably decent-paying job, and can get off welfare.
lol ....
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 12:38 AM   #330
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

lol
Appreciate 0