BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Trump to ban migrants from 6 Muslim countries

01-25-2017, 04:56 AM   #23
Sam_M
Tea wot?
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 135i 6MT

Ha! No one in their right mind, Muslim or not, is going to stop in Turkey

It's heading down the authoritarian Islamic state path at a mile a minute!
Appreciate 2
Lups11035.50

01-25-2017, 05:09 AM   #24
Sam_M
Tea wot?
United Kingdom
Rep

I disagree on that, but that's irrelevant to the cultural and operational challenges that face Germany in particular.
Appreciate 1
Lups11035.50

01-25-2017, 06:04 AM   #25
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM_UK View Post
Odd, you'd think those fleeing oppressive Islamic regimes and ISIS would be exactly the kinds of people that you'd want to provide a home for in the USA as they'd be champions against that kind of Wahabist(saudi!) radicalism.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"

Still, plays well with the base, eh?
Well what going on in europe is proof those fleeing the middle east and Africa have no intent of assimilating with western culture which is cultural terrorism which is resulting in the death of many of our cherish freedoms especial for woman.
Appreciate 1
LobB5107.00

01-25-2017, 06:08 AM   #26
Chihuahua
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Ha! No one in their right mind, Muslim or not, is going to stop in Turkey

It's heading down the authoritarian Islamic state path at a mile a minute!
Quite a shame, Turkey has an AMAZING F1 circuit.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 06:34 AM   #27
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Have there been any terrorist attacks in the US since Trump signed the order?

I think we're seeing that his policy in this instance is brilliant and works as advertised.

I thank the people living in rural areas that an Islamic extremist would never attack, or even want to set foot in, for wanting such a measure to pass. You can rest easy now knowing that you won't be blown up while out at the local diner in your area with a population of around 500 people.
Appreciate 2
Lups11035.50
Law4907.00

01-25-2017, 06:53 AM   #28
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: at 14mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Have there been any terrorist attacks in the US since Trump signed the order?

I think we're seeing that his policy in this instance is brilliant and works as advertised.

I thank the people living in rural areas that an Islamic extremist would never attack, or even want to set foot in, for wanting such a measure to pass. You can rest easy now knowing that you won't be blown up while out at the local diner in your area with a population of around 500 people.
Haha dick!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 06:55 AM   #29
Sam_M
Tea wot?
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave View Post
Well what going on in europe is proof those fleeing the middle east and Africa have no intent of assimilating with western culture which is cultural terrorism which is resulting in the death of many of our cherish freedoms especial for woman.
Nice of you to paint with such broad brush strokes there chief.

Nothing like some sweeping generalisations to re-inforce our innate tribalistic tendencies
Appreciate 4
Lups11035.50

01-25-2017, 07:11 AM   #30
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
How does denying immigration or entry to people from these countries hurt us?

And I don't believe that "most" of the recent attacks in the US came from domestic citizens? Offhand I can't think of one that came from other than an immigrant or the child of a middle eastern immigrant?
By depriving the US of productive citizens that want an opportunity to be here. Those people outweigh the ones that want to do harm. You know, families like mine. The kind that contribute to the betterment of society and the kind that can afford BMWs.

Am I advocating open borders without checks? No. There is a median and closed borders are a xenophobic solution at best.
Check out the stats of "productive citizens" from these parts of the world. The vast majority start off on welfare, refuse to assimilate or learn the language, have high illiteracy rates, and zero marketable skills. And their religion keeps women in bondage. No thanks.

Sounds like your family is the exception - glad to hear it. What country are they from?
      01-25-2017, 07:12 AM   #31
doogee
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 M3, '97 328is

Quote:
The US has no obligation to allow immigration whatsoever. I think we should also slam the door to Canadians - no one should be eating Poutine.
Joke is on you! Bieber already got in

01-25-2017, 07:25 AM   #32
Sam_M
Tea wot?
United Kingdom
Rep

Yep, had an RX7 as a toy until 2 weeks ago, now sold. Golf is my daily for now.

As soon as I find the right 135i the Golf is going too.

Good car though, owned it 50,000 miles and it never failed on me, 45 mpg too.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #33
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave View Post
Honestly ill just ban anyone from islamic faith until they deal with the wahabi. Christian in Syria who are getting slaughter and can assimilate with our culture should have a way of escape.
Even if this made sense, and it doesn't, how would you determine someone's faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Hurts us more than it helps. Especially considering most of the attacks came from domestic/US citizens that radicalized. As a second generation immigrant this is unbelievably depressing.
Agree. If I was an ISIS recruiter there would be nothing better than having more proof the "banning" of Muslims by the West. So they need to recruit from other countries or the U.S. directly for their attacks, at least that just got easier.
      01-25-2017, 07:39 AM   #34
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

How many people have we taken in from these countries over the past few years? Anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #35
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2

Quote:
Odd, you'd think those fleeing oppressive Islamic regimes and ISIS would be exactly the kinds of people that you'd want to provide a home for in the USA as they'd be champions against that kind of Wahabist(saudi!) radicalism.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"

Still, plays well with the base, eh?
Interesting comparison.

Not all might be fleeing oppression, some might have a completely different agenda as advertised by ISIS itself. The Government has to vet these types as best we can, if it's even possible. A lot has changed in the world since the 1880s of which the poor huddled masses phase comes I believe, surely you recognize this. It does not mean that immigration will stop or not be an important part of our society.

We are finding out through living examples right now that not all of these cultures play well together. I am starting to learn - I think - that governments in Europe are not telling about all the problems that they are having in some of these cities with migrants that do not want to assimilate into the culture of their new adapted homeland, but want to impose their beliefs and laws from which they came.

I hope I am wrong here, I really do, because with the near zero population growth from citizen Europeans (in some countries), these new folks have no such desire to not populate. In democratic country's numbers are everything, they get seats in the government laws start changing. It does not happen over night, but its something to think about.

I think we all need to discuss the things that are happening in a open and non threatening way, share opinions without being harsh or really sarcastic , otherwise what's the point, people stop listening or get defensive.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #36
Sam_M
Tea wot?
United Kingdom
Rep

I agree

The biggest problem is the vetting
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 07:49 AM   #37
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Nice of you to paint with such broad brush strokes there chief.

Nothing like some sweeping generalisations to re-inforce our innate tribalistic tendencies
Not painting just calling a pig a pig

Sharia law zones
No go zone
Mass rape gangs
Increasing crime rates especially assault

That all link to the welfare migrants the left is importing into europe that will destroy your culture if you dont start mass deporting law breakers.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 07:58 AM   #38
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
I think there are serious logistical issues with that (like how do you realistically "test" for faith). That's why he is selecting countries, which means regardless of faith.

Bigger concern for me is that I think Saudi Arabia is a hot bed for radicalism and they are not on the list.
Because Saudi Arabia owns 6% of the US in different forms, investments, US bonds, Debt etc.... they already had a threatened to pull their money out and send your country in to a recession. Also oil which your new president and his Secretary of State can't get enough of...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 08:04 AM   #39
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree

The biggest problem is the vetting
It's not the only problem. I learned that something like 80% of the immigrants entering Germany were/are single young men. Why isn't there a preference for families? Its much easier to culture young children than men who have been hardened by extreme hardships with potential axes to grind. Why are these the majority fleeing the country...because they can?

I like the idea of creating safe zones in their country first and move from there.
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3351084.00

01-25-2017, 08:06 AM   #40
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i

Quote:
Check out the stats of "productive citizens" from these parts of the world. The vast majority start off on welfare, refuse to assimilate or learn the language, have high illiteracy rates, and zero marketable skills. And their religion keeps women in bondage. No thanks.
There are 4 Migrant centers in the town where I live and can attest to this. The migrants have destroyed the places that they are living in (old American Army Housing areas) the bordering communities have seen crime rates increase 200% and people are scared to go out in the night because of regular events that the local governments cover up as the standard. The police ( I have a few friends in the German Polizei) have their hands tied by the government as well, Arrest, record the name (most of the time more of an alias) and then sent them on their way...

To put it into perspective, 3 years ago only the Police had pepper spray (more like pepper joke) now the stuff is being sold in the grocery stores. Oh, Forgot to mention, if you do actually use pepper spray to defend yourself you can almost expect to be prosecuted for bodily injury if the attacker chooses to push charges against you...
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410025.00

01-25-2017, 08:06 AM   #41
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
Because Saudi Arabia owns 6% of the US in different forms, investments, US bonds, Debt etc.... they already had a threatened to pull their money out and send your country in to a recession. Also oil which your new president and his Secretary of State can't get enough of...
So are you against the Keystone pipeline?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 08:10 AM   #42
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
There are 4 Migrant centers in the town where I live and can attest to this. The migrants have destroyed the places that they are living in (old American Army Housing areas) the bordering communities have seen crime rates increase 200% and people are scared to go out in the night because of regular events that the local governments cover up as the standard. The police ( I have a few friends in the German Polizei) have their hands tied by the government as well, Arrest, record the name (most of the time more of an alias) and then sent them on their way...

To put it into perspective, 3 years ago only the Police had pepper spray (more like pepper joke) now the stuff is being sold in the grocery stores. Oh, Forgot to mention, if you do actually use pepper spray to defend yourself you can almost expect to be prosecuted for bodily injury if the attacker chooses to push charges against you...
This is what I am afraid of, thanks for posting - I think!

Don't forget all this during the next election in your country.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 08:13 AM   #43
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
Hell we get most of our oil from you.

US to invade Canada confirmed.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer20269.00

01-25-2017, 08:21 AM   #44
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
This is what I am afraid of, thanks for posting - I think!

Don't forget all this during the next election in your country.
My country has 50 stars on a blue field and 13 stripes starting with red and ending with red.
Appreciate 0