BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Build That Wall

01-30-2017, 03:36 PM   #441
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
Look in the mirror, find the troll
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Lol - how old are you?
You laughed at it..you have to admit that was a good one. I'm going to save that one for a special day.
      01-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #442
jgoens
Major General
Rep

So, here's my official opinion on a wall: I support a wall but not a 15 billion dollar wall that Mexico is not, nor, never was paying for. Because a $15 bil wall becomes a $30 bil wall once the government gets it going. Goes back to my original complainit about the government overpaying for everything...worst shopper ever. Like $100 hammers, billion dollar air force one jets and letting health care costs go crazy. We will have to stop a damn lot of illegals to make up that cost.
At the price, why not hire Elon Musk to design a laser beam wall and just zap anyone crossing.

Last edited by jgoens; 01-30-2017 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 1
VRG_135790.50

01-30-2017, 04:01 PM   #443
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
So, here's my official opinion on a wall: I support a wall but not a 15 billion dollar wall that Mexico is and never was paying for. Because a $15 bil wall becomes a $30 bil wall once the government gets it going. Goes back to my original complainit about the government overpaying for everything...worst shopper ever. Like $100 hammers, billion dollar air force one jets and letting health care costs go crazy. We will have to stop a damn lot of illegals to make up that cost.
At the price, why not hire Elon Musk to design a laser beam wall and just zap anyone crossing.
Musk is already working with Trump, so who knows.

Check out the treatment he got just for asking for ideas to help with these new travel problems.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/30/elon-...ravel-ban.html
      01-30-2017, 06:48 PM   #444
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2

Quote:
So, here's my official opinion on a wall: I support a wall but not a 15 billion dollar wall that Mexico is not, nor, never was paying for. Because a $15 bil wall becomes a $30 bil wall once the government gets it going. Goes back to my original complainit about the government overpaying for everything...worst shopper ever. Like $100 hammers, billion dollar air force one jets and letting health care costs go crazy. We will have to stop a damn lot of illegals to make up that cost.
We could do something like a laser with current technology, but that's not the way we do things. But you know this. In another country there would be gun towers and land mines and the place would be a no-mans-land in a couple of weeks. We will not do this.....Heck the ranchers could do a pretty good job if they were allowed to.
Appreciate 1
jgoens3596.50

01-30-2017, 06:51 PM   #445
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d

Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-for-the-wall/

Here's another wrinkle. The boarder states currently has 40% to 50% construction employment filled by illegals. To have the wall built 100% by legal labor, that means resources from homebuilding will be effected, raising housing prices for Americans in the region.

So tell me again how illegals are taking jobs away from Americans when there's a labor shortage to begin with? Just ironic really.
Appreciate 1
Lups11030.50

01-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #446
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
We could do something like a laser with current technology, but that's not the way we do things. But you know this. In another country there would be gun towers and land mines and the place would be a no-mans-land in a couple of weeks. We will not do this.....Heck the ranchers could do a pretty good job if they were allowed to.
can you name such a country, not currently engaged in war that has done such a thing in a couple of weeks? Just curious...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #447
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
can you name such a country, not currently engaged in war that has done such a thing in a couple of weeks? Just curious...
Berlin was put up pretty quickly, I think. Heck you can seed land mines with aircraft. I'm not suggesting it BTW...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #448
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Here's another wrinkle. The boarder states currently has 40% to 50% construction employment filled by illegals. To have the wall built 100% by legal labor, that means resources from homebuilding will be effected, raising housing prices for Americans in the region.

So tell me again how illegals are taking jobs away from Americans when there's a labor shortage to begin with? Just ironic really.
Oh..let's not get started on how illegals are the backbone for a large part of the construction/restaurant/food production part of this country....I have debated on these forums with people regarding the ramifications of deporting all the illegals to no avail. All the engineers and super high degree people do not understand this.
      01-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #449
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh..let's not get started on how illegals are the backbone for a large part of the construction/restaurant/food production part of this country....I have debated on these forums with people regarding the ramifications of deporting all the illegals to no avail. All the engineers and super high degree people do not understand this.
don't think it's the "engineers" that care...their jobs aren't in competition. It's the white collar work force that feels threatened.
Appreciate 1
Lups11030.50

01-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #450
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Berlin was put up pretty quickly, I think. Heck you can seed land mines with aircraft. I'm not suggesting it BTW...
Two countries that were in essentially in a state of war, and for the purpose of preventing people from leaving in addition to prevent flow of ideology...not directly comparable.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 08:57 PM   #451
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Quote:

More boarders!

Shiver me timbers, the pirate problem is real!
Appreciate 2
Flying Ace3793.50
Lups11030.50

01-30-2017, 09:52 PM   #452
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Two countries that were in essentially in a state of war, and for the purpose of preventing people from leaving in addition to prevent flow of ideology...not directly comparable.
Why do they have to be at war? Seems to me that would slow down the progress, hard to build it when your being fired at. I'm missing your point with that? But yes preventing people from crossing from one side to the other, like the one in Israel too.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 10:27 PM   #453
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why do they have to be at war? Seems to me that would slow down the progress, hard to build it when your being fired at. I'm missing your point with that? But yes preventing people from crossing from one side to the other, like the one in Israel too.
Not a technical war..But the propose being to keep both civilian and military out. When there's a military need, then yes, a defensive barrier will be built fast.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 08:46 AM   #454
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

and he keeps walking it back LOL.....first was "MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL"....then it turned into "US TAXPAYERS WILL PAY FOR THE WALL AND MEXICO WILL PAY BACK"....then it became "OR ELSE 20% TAX ON IMPORTS FROM MEXICO"....then of course "WELL MAYBE NOT 20%"....and now.....wait for it..."THE NARCOS WILL PAY FOR IT"....hahaha!!
      01-31-2017, 08:47 AM   #455
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: at 14mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
and he keeps walking it back LOL.....first was "MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL"....then it turned into "US TAXPAYERS WILL PAY FOR THE WALL AND MEXICO WILL PAY BACK"....then it became "OR ELSE 20% TAX ON IMPORTS FROM MEXICO"....then of course "WELL MAYBE NOT 20%"....and now.....wait for it..."THE NARCOS WILL PAY FOR IT"....hahaha!!

Judging by the satirical nature of his mere existence, I'm sure this is a viable option.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2017, 08:41 PM   #456
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvplvrdBOI View Post

Judging by the satirical nature of his mere existence, I'm sure this is a viable option.
Or the illegal apprehended will build the wall.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 06:08 AM   #457
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave View Post
Or the illegal apprehended will build the wall.
What does illegal apprehended even mean? Illegally apprehended?

Can't blame your phone and fast typing for everything, dude. That sentence was literally 8 words.
Appreciate 1
fecurtis3160.50

02-01-2017, 06:48 AM   #458
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvplvrdBOI View Post
What does illegal apprehended even mean? Illegally apprehended?

Can't blame your phone and fast typing for everything, dude. That sentence was literally 8 words.
Illegal immigrates who are arrested either crossing the boarder or discover to have been living here unlawfully can build the wall as community service.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 06:56 AM   #459
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

I figured. Was just giving you a hard time.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 08:25 AM   #460
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Besides N. Korea, thought of as the worst in the world for virtually everything to do with human rights, who are these other countries you speak of? Just making things up as you go along?

Also, do some research many of the people living along the border are the ones that don't want the wall and somehow much of the rest of the country knows they are wrong.
      02-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #461
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave View Post
Illegal immigrates who are arrested either crossing the boarder or discover to have been living here unlawfully can build the wall as community service.
I'm not sure you know the difference between being arrested and being a slave...
      02-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #462
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Besides N. Korea, thought of as the worst in the world for virtually everything to do with human rights, who are these other countries you speak of? Just making things up as you go along?

Also, do some research many of the people living along the border are the ones that don't want the wall and somehow much of the rest of the country knows they are wrong.
Have you been to Israel? Besides that it was just an answer to somebody else's question about technology solving a problem, and it was not addressed to you. I think you just surf these post looking to start arguments with people.

You do some of your own research, talk to the ranchers who have fences cut, property trashed, human waste dumped on there property, all kinds of nasty stuff that they don't like on their private property.
Appreciate 0