BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion The Mueller investigation, what we know so far

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #5787
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8194
Rep
13,602
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
I said what I meant.
Well, so did I.

Nothing in that exchange mentioned report findings in relation to after presidency charges. It was "Can he be charged after".
The answer is yes.
But I think you knew that, hool.

Also.
See his clarification to Lieu's same vein question.

He tried to get some catnip for their media buddies...he took the treat back away from them. Probably won't stop them from spewing it, however.
__________________
Crazy Diamond

Last edited by gonzo; 07-24-2019 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille4012.50

      07-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #5788
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
645
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: BMW X3MC and a Volvo XC60 T6i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: St Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Welp, that was interesting. Mueller could have done a much better job that is for sure. It sure seems he did not want to be there. But, setting aside his less than stellar job, the fact of the matter still remains, according to the findings of the investigation (which I find very hard to dispute), Trump obstructed justice many times, lied through his teeth countless times, and he and his crew had some fun with the Russians during the election.

But, none of what was said today in the hearing will really move the needle all that far either way (may a couple of points at most). Trump will go on tweeting his bullshit lies. Trumptards will go on believing it. Nevertrumpers will go on hating him. Congress will continue to be broken because neither side can work together anymore.

As for Mueller himself, he is a thousand times the patriot that Trump will ever hope to be and I thank him for his service to the country. I hope he enjoys whatever years left he has in retirement.
__________________
2020 BMW X3MC (Black with Sahkir Orange interior) - Wife's SUV
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription (Black with Maroon Brown Nappa Leather interior) - My SUV
Appreciate 5
      07-24-2019, 03:12 PM   #5789
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9558
Rep
12,505
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Your wish...
Done for Nunes and Gohmert. My email:

I am embarrassed that you have placed party before country (and your own district). I am a long time Texas Republican, but cannot see why you place the interests of Trump and Russia before the interests of your own constituents. And you seem to do it in a way that embarrasses all Texans. I wish Justin Amash was running against you in the primary.

I changed "Texans" to "Californians" for Nunes.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 4
minn196614.00
MKSixer20179.00

      07-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #5790
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9558
Rep
12,505
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post

As for Mueller himself, he is a thousand times the patriot that Trump will ever hope to be and I thank him for his service to the country. I hope he enjoys whatever years left he has in retirement.
Well said, and I wholeheartedly agree.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 03:20 PM   #5791
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
9948
Rep
22,621
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
      07-24-2019, 03:28 PM   #5792
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8194
Rep
13,602
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
Got it for you.

So, which part of this post (the BNL tweet) is an "obvious lie or obvious fallacy" to use your words?
What'd I tell ya.

Anyways.
I'm done with this thread. The fork is firmly in place in the MUELLER REPORT.
Unless you watch CNN and or MSNBC of course. Hell, they're just getting started.

CNN's ratings will get passed by Always Crocheting with Kathy any month now.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 03:44 PM   #5793
SumBMWGuy
Major
1056
Rep
1,419
Posts

Drives: A German Car
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Well, so did I.

Nothing in that exchange mentioned report findings in relation to after presidency charges. It was "Can he be charged after".
The answer is yes.
But I think you knew that, hool.

Also.
See his clarification to Lieu's same vein question.

He tried to get some catnip for their media buddies...he took the treat back away from them. Probably won't stop them from spewing it, however.
Here's the full exchange:

"Could you charge the president with a crime after he left office?" Rep. Ken Buck (Republican), R-Colo., asked.
"Yes," Mueller said.
"You believe that he committed -- you could charge the president of the United States with obstruction of justice after he left office?" Buck asked again.
"Yes," Mueller answered.

Mueller said he thinks trimp obstructed justice, and that he would be able to indict if it wasn't for the OLC guidelines.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #5794
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8194
Rep
13,602
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

^
Refer to post 5800. <same>

I'm not picking on the man, I actually feel bad for him, but he was not mentally activated 100% today.

Now I'm done with this thread.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 04:04 PM   #5795
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
UglyBuzzard's Avatar
United_States
5714
Rep
2,154
Posts

Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Well, so did I.

Nothing in that exchange mentioned report findings in relation to after presidency charges. It was "Can he be charged after".
The answer is yes.
But I think you knew that, hool.

Also.
See his clarification to Lieu's same vein question.

He tried to get some catnip for their media buddies...he took the treat back away from them. Probably won't stop them from spewing it, however.
Here's the full exchange:

"Could you charge the president with a crime after he left office?" Rep. Ken Buck (Republican), R-Colo., asked.
"Yes," Mueller said.
"You believe that he committed -- you could charge the president of the United States with obstruction of justice after he left office?" Buck asked again.
"Yes," Mueller answered.

Mueller said he thinks trimp obstructed justice, and that he would be able to indict if it wasn't for the OLC guidelines.
He is changed his tune on that. Can't spin it if the man changed his testimony after the fact.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer20179.00

      07-24-2019, 04:36 PM   #5796
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
Teufel_Hunden's Avatar
United_States
7778
Rep
2,845
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (3)

What a right-wing nut job hack...
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013 M3 6MT ZCP|2013 e70 X5d|BBMWCCA Member
Appreciate 4
MKSixer20179.00
anglo49900.00
Eriphill1578.50

      07-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #5797
Wheelwright
Captain
Wheelwright's Avatar
Canada
322
Rep
650
Posts

Drives: M235i (6MT fakerich edition)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada, Oak Ridges

iTrader: (0)

Mueller was tasked with answering those 2 questions:
1) Is there evidence that Trump conspired with Russia to rig the elections ?
2) Is there evidence that Trump obstructed justice as it pertains to #1
That's it, nothing more.

Mueller answered "no" to the first question. It seems to me he wasn't even trying to dig deep on that, for example by refusing to interview a key witness: Don Jr. That's disappointing, yet not surprising to me as Mueller is an avowed institutionalist and his overriding prerogative is to maintain political status-quo at all costs, which was reflected in his feckless approach.

Can you even imagine if Muller chose an opposite approach of conducting a more thorough investigation, and then during its course discovered that Trump indeed rigged the elections with help of Putin ? That's a prelude to a second civil war, this time between Trumpofascist cultists and the patriots. Such an outcome would shake the Republic to its core, assuming it could even survive in any shape or form resembling a functioning democracy.

However, Mueller did answer "yes" to the second question which is indeed a devastating blow to Trump and his cronies. Mueller is not a judge, so all he can do is to present the evidence he found, as he cannot bring charges against Trump, conduct a trial and then render a verdict. That's a later part of the process, which Mueller did say may happen after Trump is finally rendered answerable to the law after he is no longer shielded by the presidential immunity.

So, in short: the outcome of Mueller investigation for Trump is 50% win, 50% loss. So, there is more than enough there to start the impeachment inquiry.
Appreciate 3
      07-24-2019, 04:51 PM   #5798
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
2223
Rep
1,612
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Today Mueller was a bus driver and his passengers were the Democrats and today that bus driver drove the collusion, obstruction and impeachment bus right over the cliff. Nothing but a smoking wreck on the rocks below. A great day indeed for the right.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 3
anglo49900.00

      07-24-2019, 05:53 PM   #5799
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
20179
Rep
8,934
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Done for Nunes and Gohmert. My email:

I am embarrassed that you have placed party before country (and your own district). I am a long time Texas Republican, but cannot see why you place the interests of Trump and Russia before the interests of your own constituents. And you seem to do it in a way that embarrasses all Texans. I wish Justin Amash was running against you in the primary.

I changed "Texans" to "Californians" for Nunes.
Nicely done, sir. You win citizen of the day!
No matter the direction anyone may fall on the aisle, this is good stuff!

Again, nicely done! Much respect!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #5800
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
20179
Rep
8,934
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Mueller was tasked with answering those 2 questions:
1) Is there evidence that Trump conspired with Russia to rig the elections ?
2) Is there evidence that Trump obstructed justice as it pertains to #1
That's it, nothing more.

Mueller answered "no" to the first question. It seems to me he wasn't even trying to dig deep on that, for example by refusing to interview a key witness: Don Jr. That's disappointing, yet not surprising to me as Mueller is an avowed institutionalist and his overriding prerogative is to maintain political status-quo at all costs, which was reflected in his feckless approach.

Can you even imagine if Muller chose an opposite approach of conducting a more thorough investigation, and then during its course discovered that Trump indeed rigged the elections with help of Putin ? That's a prelude to a second civil war, this time between Trumpofascist cultists and the patriots. Such an outcome would shake the Republic to its core, assuming it could even survive in any shape or form resembling a functioning democracy.

However, Mueller did answer "yes" to the second question which is indeed a devastating blow to Trump and his cronies. Mueller is not a judge, so all he can do is to present the evidence he found, as he cannot bring charges against Trump, conduct a trial and then render a verdict. That's a later part of the process, which Mueller did say may happen after Trump is finally rendered answerable to the law after he is no longer shielded by the presidential immunity.

So, in short: the outcome of Mueller investigation for Trump is 50% win, 50% loss. So, there is more than enough there to start the impeachment inquiry.
You're incorrect. Your opinion is noted and wrong.
Thanks for playing!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 5
anglo49900.00
SakhirM410015.00
Eriphill1578.50

      07-24-2019, 05:59 PM   #5801
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
The Chaddening's Avatar
7251
Rep
3,798
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

“Trumpofascist cult”

__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

Psalm 23:1
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 06:00 PM   #5802
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
The Chaddening's Avatar
7251
Rep
3,798
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

In case y’all missed anything today:
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

Psalm 23:1
Appreciate 2
scostu1186.50
N54Yankee2223.00

      07-24-2019, 06:03 PM   #5803
Eriphill
Major
1579
Rep
1,171
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Down by the sea

iTrader: (0)

Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX): “Can you give me an example other than Donald Trump where the Justice Department determined that an investigated person was not exonerated because their innocence was not conclusively determined?”

Robert Mueller: “I cannot”
Appreciate 4
scostu1186.50
N54Yankee2223.00

      07-24-2019, 06:58 PM   #5804
adc100
Colonel
1729
Rep
2,051
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX): “Can you give me an example other than Donald Trump where the Justice Department determined that an investigated person was not exonerated because their innocence was not conclusively determined?”

Robert Mueller: “I cannot”
None of the libes can comprehend the importance of that statement. It was the most brilliant question of the day. I doubt Muller Understood the question..seriously.

But again brilliant from Ratcliffe.
Appreciate 2
      07-25-2019, 08:57 AM   #5805
Wheelwright
Captain
Wheelwright's Avatar
Canada
322
Rep
650
Posts

Drives: M235i (6MT fakerich edition)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada, Oak Ridges

iTrader: (0)

Ratcliffe lie exposed: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...es-special-co/
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2019, 09:10 AM   #5806
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
20179
Rep
8,934
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Politifact, the hyper partisan "fact checking site". Sure. Let me share with you the best way to find a lawyer with an opposing viewpoint. Sign a retainer and drop a $1,000 bucks on their desk.

Are you f'n kidding?!?!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 3
      07-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #5807
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9558
Rep
12,505
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Politifact, the hyper partisan "fact checking site". Sure. Let me share with you the best way to find a lawyer with an opposing viewpoint. Sign a retainer and drop a $1,000 bucks on their desk.

Are you f'n kidding?!?!!
Says the poster who frequently defends Trump? Who is more likely to lie, Trump or Politifact? A congressional Republican defending Trump or Politifact? We all know the answer.......
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 09:20 AM   #5808
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
20179
Rep
8,934
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Says the poster who frequently defends Trump? Who is more likely to lie, Trump or Politifact? A congressional Republican defending Trump or Politifact? We all know the answer.......
But, but, but, but what about... Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST