BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion The Impeachment Thread

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 82 32.03%
Trump Trump-umphant. 88 34.38%
Inclusive 18 7.03%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 74 28.91%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 10 3.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

10-17-2019, 02:09 PM   #1123
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
He donated millions to Trump's inauguration fund. That's how he got the nod from Donald. And if Trump never nominated him he never would have gotten the job. It is a small point you're making.

It reads like it reads. I don't see lying and never said so. But his butt is being covered by his legal team for sure. If you want to call that weaseling go ahead. I did not.

I didn't call him a liar. I don't call everyone whose views do not align to mine liars. (I do not know what his views are so that would be a hard thing to do anyway.) Also didn't hear his testimony or that of any of the others.

I made an observation. You leapt to several inaccurate conclusions based on that. Pot/kettle.

Lets repost what you originally said, so no one is confused here.

Quote:
Seems to me that Sondland is singing a tune he hopes will get him out of the crosshairs. Other testimony has him deeply involved. His statement reads like "I did what I was told. I'm just a poor multimillionaire hotel magnate that Trump put into this role. What do I know about all this statecraft stuff."
Yes, his donations likely landed him the nominations. But his character landed him the confirmation. He was one of the few bipartisan confirmations of trumps entire presidency.

Your statement of "... Sondland is singing a tune" is insinuating that he is lying. You're also speculating that a legal team told him what to say. Theres no evidence of that. In fact, if you compare this to his many other speeches, they are worded in much the same manner. It doesn't take a linguistics genius to know they were written by a single person.

If you did not hear anyone elses testimonies, then why do you feel that you are qualified to say... "Other testimony has him deeply involved.". Again, I'd love to see this testimony you speak of.

Sorry, but I'm not the one jumping to inaccurate conclusions here.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #1124
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

The Trump 2020 campaign is sitting on a war chest worth hundreds of millions of dollars. What happens to all that cash if he's impeached, drops out, or otherwise is not around for the 2020 election?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #1125
Matt@EuroJerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Lets repost what you originally said, so no one is confused here.

Yes, his donations likely landed him the nominations. But his character landed him the confirmation. He was one of the few bipartisan confirmations of trumps entire presidency.

Your statement of "... Sondland is singing a tune" is insinuating that he is lying. You're also speculating that a legal team told him what to say. Theres no evidence of that. In fact, if you compare this to his many other speeches, they are worded in much the same manner. It doesn't take a linguistics genius to know they were written by a single person.

If you did not hear anyone elses testimonies, then why do you feel that you are qualified to say... "Other testimony has him deeply involved.". Again, I'd love to see this testimony you speak of.

Sorry, but I'm not the one jumping to inaccurate conclusions here.
Captain Blood Please help your fellow forum member wdb out. Can you please give a stern reprimand a solid source needs to be provided or it's all considered hersay.

Thanks.

Last edited by Matt@EuroJerks; 10-17-2019 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: wrong username
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:17 PM   #1126
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Do you think the right will run a candidate who was impeached by the House?

Any statement about Trump that starts with "Depending upon whether he can keep his mouth shut..." should end with "Ah, yeah, nevermind."
Of course - you don't think Bill Clinton would have ran again, had the impeachment happened in his first term? If no, I believe you are deluding yourself.
      10-17-2019, 02:20 PM   #1127
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Of course - you don't think Bill Clinton would have ran again, had the impeachment happened in his first term? If no, I believe you are deluding yourself.
I think Bill would have tried, yes. But it's not really the incumbent's choice, is it? I assume the party can choose to put another horse in the race. I really don't know, though. Honest question.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #1128
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
The Trump 2020 campaign is sitting on a war chest worth hundreds of millions of dollars. What happens to all that cash if he's impeached, drops out, or otherwise is not around for the 2020 election?
Too bad it can't be donated to the Trump Foundation.............
      10-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #1129
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Dibs. Front seat too.
      10-17-2019, 02:27 PM   #1130
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Source?
All news agencies
      10-17-2019, 02:39 PM   #1131
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
I know what they WON'T do with the funds. Pay their debts. The inauguration still owes DC $7 million.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2019, 02:40 PM   #1132
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Dibs. Front seat too.
Gonzo, how have you been? Seems like I haven't seen you around here for a while. Hope you've been well.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #1133
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I'm kinda surprised everyone is buying all the crap that Hunter is spewing. You guys do realize this guy is not as he seems?

1) He was an alleged cocaine addict. (https://www.scmp.com/news/world/arti...e-cocaine-test)

2) He was hooking up with his dead brothers widow, possibly while still married. (https://pagesix.com/2017/03/01/widow...in-law-hunter/)

3) He was a deadbeat, who couldnt pay his own bills due to his addictions. (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-divorce.html)
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2019, 02:46 PM   #1134
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Mick Mulvaney has acknowledged the Ukraine aid was quid pro quo for an investigation into the Biden's. It appears that WH has realized the house cards is crumbling, they can't control the fallout, and that people are going against WH direction not to testify in the impeachment investigation. They're all F'ed.
Totally false. Where do you get your news from? 20 second CNN clips? Mulvaney made it very clear he was referring to the current DOJ/Barr/Durham investigation into the DNC server and Crowdstrike and its relation to the 2016 election. Biden was not brought up at all by him even though the one female reporter after tried to spin it that way. Try watching the video yourself before posting such blatant falsehoods.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #1135
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
All news agencies
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/uk...ays-2019-10-17
Ukraine aid held up in part over election probe, White House says

Last edited by Captain Blood; 10-17-2019 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:55 PM   #1136
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Totally false. Where do you get your news from? 20 second CNN clips? Mulvaney made it very clear he was referring to the current DOJ/Barr/Durham investigation into the DNC server and Crowdstrike and its relation to the 2016 election. Biden was not brought up at all by him even though the one female reporter after tried to spin it that way. Try watching the video yourself before posting such blatant falsehoods.

https://yo=2290
But......Biden sure was brought up in the phone call.
      10-17-2019, 02:57 PM   #1137
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
I'm kinda surprised everyone is buying all the crap that Hunter is spewing. You guys do realize this guy is not as he seems?

1) He was an alleged cocaine addict. (https://www.scmp.com/news/world/arti...e-cocaine-test)

2) He was hooking up with his dead brothers widow, possibly while still married. (https://pagesix.com/2017/03/01/widow...in-law-hunter/)

3) He was a deadbeat, who couldnt pay his own bills due to his addictions. (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-divorce.html)
Well that does it! NO WAY I'm voting Hunter Biden for President. What a schmuck.
Appreciate 6
      10-17-2019, 03:53 PM   #1138
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gonzo, how have you been? Seems like I haven't seen you around here for a while. Hope you've been well.
Very well, thank you. Can't take all the noise so I refrain from hanging around here as much. Just had a coffee and some chocolate chip cookies and had a hankering to look back in before happy hour.
I hope you and wifey are also very well.

10-17-2019, 04:10 PM   #1139
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mick Mulvaney has acknowledged the Ukraine aid was quid pro quo for an investigation into the Biden's. It appears that WH has realized the house cards is crumbling, they can't control the fallout, and that people are going against WH direction not to testify in the impeachment investigation. They're all F'ed.
I'm sorry, but I can't find this anywhere.
Source?

Just saw this...
CNN Manager: CNN Stopped Covering News, Sold Itself To The Devil, And Became The Trump Network.

Reeeeee!

10-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #1140
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Captain Blood

If the Republicans kick out Trump their chances of winning in 2020 are almost nothing like 10% chance of winning. Shock the gay away Pence? He has the stink of Trump all over him.

I think you are delusional if you think McConnell may want to fast track an impeachment vote. it would be damning for the party, cause in fighting, makes the republicans look weak and divided. No way it happens going into an election year. It just not going to happen.

If this was 1st year of Trump? Sure maybe, I still don't think so but it would give them 3 years to recover. This would give them less than a calendar year.

The evidence would have to be so damning beyond a phone call with Ukraine.

Biden is done after his son's horrific interview:

ABC News’ Amy Robach asked Biden if he would have gotten the board position if he hadn’t been the son of the vice president: “I don’t know, I don’t know,” he said. “Probably not, in retrospect. But that’s—you know—I don’t think that there’s a lot of things that would have happened in my life if my last name wasn’t Biden.”

The cocaine addict who slept with his brother's wife before he was dead just tanked his father's presidency. He now has ZERO chance of being the nominee.

Warren is now #1.

Trump is going to walk all over Warren. She has lied too much about her upbringing. Lying that she was fired for being pregnant, lying about her father's profession, lying about her native american history, lying and stealing recipes to put into a native american cookbook called pow wow chow. The list goes on. She literally want to increase taxes on the middle class. That will go over well. Because the middle class wants more taxes.

If I was a liberal democrat I would hold on to impeachment too. It is literally the only thing you have left because you ran weak candidates and have gotten nothing done in congress for the last 3 years just being obstructionists.

Last edited by Torgus; 10-17-2019 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #1141
adc100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

I can't believe people wast one breath of life responding to Captain Blood/RD/Schwartschild Radius. I would rather spend my time and energy licking a bathroom floor. To each his own.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13377.50

10-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #1142
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I can't believe people wast one breath of life responding to Captain Blood/RD/Schwartschild Radius. I would rather spend my time and energy licking a bathroom floor. To each his own.

Insulting people like you're 70 something idol Trump. Nice!
      10-17-2019, 04:29 PM   #1143
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
It is kind of pointless as they reside in some fairy tale land where facts don't apply and they make up shit, please see: 'McConnell is going to push through the impeachment as fast as possible.' LOL. Yeah ok. If he wants to see his party be destroyed and die in a fire.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13377.50

10-17-2019, 04:29 PM   #1144
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I long ago concluded trying to have a rational discussion with him was like trying to teach an elephant how to tie a pair of shoes. I rarely read or respond to any of his drivel much anymore.