BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Kaepernick went WAY too far this time.

07-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #45
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Attached Images

First Corinthians 13:12
Appreciate 1
tcphoto882.50

07-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #46
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Well, it seems like when it comes to BLACK atheletes (and I'm not a big fan of them either) that the criticisms are especially hard and unforgiving (as they were and still are for Tiger).

Would you react the same way if it was a WHITE player who was being treated in the same way? I'm sure you'll all say no but from what I've seen (and I'm NOT Black) it would not be.

Whatever, the case, I think the Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose should be allowed to be elected into the HOF and I think that Kap deserves a chance to play. If he refused offers because he felt they were not "good enough" then he deserves what he's got (or not gotten) but I'm not so sure that's the case.

I just hope that there is some kind of "season" but w/the way the virus is spreading thru various teams, I'm not sure there will be any baseball, footfall, basketball or hockey to see (even w/o fans in attendance) this year.

Oh well, so sad . . . L(
      07-07-2020, 03:51 PM   #47
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW View Post
Well, it seems like when it comes to BLACK atheletes (and I'm not a big fan of them either) that the criticisms are especially hard and unforgiving (as they were and still are for Tiger).

Would you react the same way if it was a WHITE player who was being treated in the same way? I'm sure you'll all say no but from what I've seen (and I'm NOT Black) it would not be.

Whatever, the case, I think the Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose should be allowed to be elected into the HOF and I think that Kap deserves a chance to play. If he refused offers because he felt they were not "good enough" then he deserves what he's got (or not gotten) but I'm not so sure that's the case.

I just hope that there is some kind of "season" but w/the way the virus is spreading thru various teams, I'm not sure there will be any baseball, footfall, basketball or hockey to see (even w/o fans in attendance) this year.

Oh well, so sad . . . L(
Kaepernick is as much white as he is black. His mother was white, father black and then he was adopted and raised by a white family. I donít think his black father has much to do with adverse opinions of Kaepernickís actions and statements. But like I said earlier, heís doing ok for himself as a capitalist masquerading as a marxist so no need to feel sad for him.
      07-07-2020, 03:51 PM   #48
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

I don't care if a person/athlete is black, white, brown, pink or purple.

I do care if they are a hypocritical instigator of trouble in effort to further their own good instead of a cause that they truly believe in.

Kaep is the latter.
First Corinthians 13:12
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 04:18 PM   #49
Throttlesteer14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M240 ix, 14 Cayman S

Quote:

Oh well, so sad . . . L(
More whataboutisms. You may not remember John Rocker or Curt Schilling, but they got equal criticisms for their nonsense. Not hearing much about Deshaun Jackson and wonder if you flipped your whataboutism on that one?
Appreciate 1
RickFLM45120.00

07-07-2020, 04:20 PM   #50
jamesinaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Quote:

Oh well, so sad . . . L(
Kaepernick is a second rate NFL QB that thought he was worth more than he was. He walked from an option year with SF worth millions because he was too proud to be a backup. Then he refused to take a smaller deal with a chance to be starter at Denver. He was not black balled for kneeling as he claims. He simply didn't get a contract to his liking. BTW I feel the 49ers were within their rights to dump him if they had. Would you let an employee that is in the public eye use your franchise to sell his politics? Had he been protesting in his own time I'd not bat an eye. But he used his employers exposure to sell his brand of politics possibly costing the employer some fans and revenue. I've no sympathy for Kaepernick.

Regarding Shoeless Joe and Rose. I got mixed feeling about Joe. Yes, his teammates clearly took money to throw the 1919 series. But evidence is that Joe was not part of it and in fact had an excellent series. I feel he should be re-instated and put before the veterans committee to see if he should be enshrined.

Rose I do not think belongs in the HOF. Since 1919 it has been clear (posted and explained to every team since every year) that gambling is the 3rd rail of baseball. Touch it and die. Well, Rose touched it. 1919 almost ended baseball. That is why the prescription against gambling is so strict.

BTW, there is already a plaque of Rose in the HOF. It includes his records etc. I feel that is plenty for a guy so stupid as Rose was and is to this day living in Vegas and still an inveterate gambler that hasn't reformed one bit.
Appreciate 2
tcphoto882.50
lakefront292.00

07-08-2020, 07:25 AM   #51
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep
Drives: 340i

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 07:47 AM   #52
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskyPat12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskyPat12 View Post
9 yrs? Probably money. He felt he had a platform and a voice. Money makes a person more of what they already are. Just my guess...
      07-09-2020, 07:16 AM   #53
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer14 View Post
More whataboutisms. You may not remember John Rocker or Curt Schilling, but they got equal criticisms for their nonsense. Not hearing much about Deshaun Jackson and wonder if you flipped your whataboutism on that one?
Oh donít worry about DeSean. Stephen Jackson has his back.
      07-10-2020, 11:26 AM   #54
tcphoto
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT Coupe

I watched this little gem this morning, do you think Nike knew about it when they hitched their wagon to Cap?